1983 War To Settle The Score Mod Hype Thread

In general, the answer to most of the "WTF, Georgia????" questions is Ole Anderson. :)

At least, in real life. In TEW modding, I have no clue.

Well I have added few new things. Running a test sim right now. To say the results are interesting to say the least. It seems AJPW has risen to cult which is good news considering I wondered if I had screwed up Japan or not. AWA has went to war with a lot of promotions. In April of 1983 it seems a lot companies have risen to Cult in this sim. WCCW, WWF, GCW, MACW, and AJPW. None of these give me particular concern considering that at this time these was probably minus NJPW and AWA the most popular promotions in wrestling. AWA is growing just at slower rate than the others. If human booked them I have no doubt they would rise to cult pretty quickly.

What I am adding is mostly worker relationships that I am noticing is missing. The positive ones not the negatives ones so far.

Thank you all for the feedback on this and I am glad people are enjoying it. Now pretty much all it is to do is fine tune it to make it even better mod.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I probably wouldn't use him as a wrestler, it's just for the sake of accuracy.

BTW thanks for all of your work on this great mod, I've really enjoyed it.

No problem. Thanks for liking it. I have noticed Brutus Beefcake is messed up physically, which will be fixed in the next update as well. If you started a game you can just go in game editor and fix him yourself.

Have you thought of redoing the pictures? Right now it's a little all over the place, with different cuts and such, to some it may not matter but to me at least it's a bit off putting and jarring.

A little thing I know but just curious.

Lovegun77 has some pics he made that replaces DOTT ones. I am waiting to see want Matt uses for Risky Business and change them over to them. Because I like the organic cuts. I have already talked to Matt about doing it so that will be no problem.

Take your time I understand the hassle building a mod. On the pics it was personal choice on which pics I used plus some pics of workers was because they were only ones I had of the worker. That is why there is kyky pics in pic pack because they were the only pics I had.

Just found something interesting Dick Slater I guess was face in Mid-Atlantic for the first five days of January 1983. On January 5th it looks he turned during tv taping because he is booked as face in one tv taping and heel the next tv taping on the 5th. No I am not going to turn him face in the next update, to risky in my view.

The next update will be after I am done adding all the wrestlers of today that are not, presently in the mod. That is the big names Ambrose, Reigns, Usos abd so on, After firing up someone else mod I posted the mistakes I found. So now I am going through this once more adding the new workers and making sure this mod is straight.

If people are wondering why so many wrestlers are set to Old School Face or Old School Heel it's because these two gimmicks are pretty much my default gimmicks. Their set so that pretty much even the worst worker can do these gimmicks.

When you're running an organization is it still necessary to run the weekly events in addition to the monthly shows to get over as quickly as the AI?

It depends on how your booking. If your MACW and your running your tv shows in Great lakes, Tri State no it doesn't matter. But you make more money at the weekly event shows. Weekly event shows was added for simple fact that if a company lost their tv deal they would still be making money every week. Because the game will not do itself.

Guest pickledmidget

juat a quick question, i was looking into playing the 1983 mod. i see that under MACW there are a few events (great american bash,etc) that are dormant. are they set to go active at a certain time as they did in real life. and if so. can i change that active date?

thank you

Archived