1983 War To Settle The Score Mod Hype Thread

juat a quick question, i was looking into playing the 1983 mod. i see that under MACW there are a few events (great american bash,etc) that are dormant. are they set to go active at a certain time as they did in real life. and if so. can i change that active date?

thank you

They'll only use those events if you're playing as them and change them from Dormant to Active or if you change them before you start a save game.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pickledmidget
They'll only use those events if you're playing as them and change them from Dormant to Active or if you change them before you start a save game.

ok, thank you. i wasnt sure

Can I suggest a couple of narratives? One would be the involvements of Cyndi Lauper and Mr. T which was extremely beneficial to the WWF's national expansion, particularly the sucess of the first Wrestlemania in the case of Mr. T. Perhaps a narrative that provided a boost to the companies prestige.

Another, more tragic narrative, would address the death of Eddie Graham and demise of CWF.

Any thoughts?

Can I suggest a couple of narratives? One would be the involvements of Cyndi Lauper and Mr. T which was extremely beneficial to the WWF's national expansion, particularly the sucess of the first Wrestlemania in the case of Mr. T. Perhaps a narrative that provided a boost to the companies prestige.

Another, more tragic narrative, would address the death of Eddie Graham and demise of CWF.

Any thoughts?

One their was narrative once that did that but it was removed because people complain that wrestlemania was not active. I will not put the Eddie Graham narrative in because like with David Von Erich it is want of could of been if Eddie had lived. Could he had saved Florida?

One their was narrative once that did that but it was removed because people complain that wrestlemania was not active. I will not put the Eddie Graham narrative in because like with David Von Erich it is want of could of been if Eddie had lived. Could he had saved Florida?

Understandable. However, Lauper's involvement started in the spring of 1984 and started benefiting the WWF then-about 9 months before the first Mania. It got the promotion some. Mainstream attention and at least 2 specials on MTV, the first of which did monster ratings.

I can't immediately recall when Mr. T became involved and whether or not they had Mania in mind when he started.

Anyway, thanks for the great mod. I'm really enjoying it.

Understandable. However, Lauper's involvement started in the spring of 1984 and started benefiting the WWF then-about 9 months before the first Mania. It got the promotion some. Mainstream attention and at least 2 specials on MTV, the first of which did monster ratings.

I can't immediately recall when Mr. T became involved and whether or not they had Mania in mind when he started.

Anyway, thanks for the great mod. I'm really enjoying it.

I am glad your enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...
Question would you enjoy this mod if 40 percent of the active workers didn't have a moveset? If half the gimmicks performance stats made the workers unable to do the default gimmicks their assigned?If I didn't give yet to debut workers movesets at all? Yet people praise the mod for the era its in. If you're modmaker you don't tell the player it's easy to import movesets so I am not to concerned in fixing the problem. When it's 40 percent of your active wrestlers don't have movesets. That's what the reason for the post because I know alot people on this forum. Will be against me for posting this rant. I don't like trashing fellow modmakers but if your going to put something out at least do it with pride. Don't put something out that's make u as modmaker look like you have no pride in your mod.

I'll echo Idolized here.

:confused:

I deleted the moves you used in this because there are a ton of repeats(Twist of Fate, Twist Of Fate etc). I pretty much delete the moves of any mod that are based off Genadi's.

Moves aren't that big of a deal to me. I add them by hand for my own roster since I'm the only who sees it during gameplay anyway.

Not meant as a knock or anything, because the mod is still fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Rick Rude win and lost record in 1983 makes me question things. Especially who he wrestled and beat at this period of time. The Iron Sheik and Bob Roop who in Georgia was at least Upper Midcard. Mr.Wrestling to time limit draws on at least three occasions. Who by this time is an legend in Georgia. Who was at least Upper Midcard as well. Then he went to Mid- South and was face wrestling with Lanny Poffo against Midnight Express. So what you guys think should I go back through and rerate some these guys popularity?

Rick Rude win and lost record in 1983 makes me question things. Especially who he wrestled and beat at this period of time. The Iron Sheik and Bob Roop who in Georgia was at least Upper Midcard. Mr.Wrestling to time limit draws on at least three occasions. Who by this time is an legend in Georgia. Who was at least Upper Midcard as well. Then he went to Mid- South and was face wrestling with Lanny Poffo against Midnight Express. So what you guys think should I go back through and rerate some these guys popularity?

I mean I think the regional companies just love pushing him because of his skills tbh

I mean I think the regional companies just love pushing him because of his skills tbh

He does have an great look and good skills your right about that. I had someone tell me I have Rude stats higher then any other mod. I have no idea if that is true or not. I do think Rude could of been someone to build an company around. One thing that I think is great about 1983 it's so many talented young workers that a player can build promotion around.

Please download the mod from the first page the version on it. Is the last updated version of the mod and alot of mistakes had been fixed. Until I here back from Ewwarehouse don't download this mod from them, because it's the old version of the mod that hasn't been updated in long time. Plus it should say War of the Territories for the name of the mod. If it doesn't it's old version without the fixes and changes to the mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this is interesting.

If you're going to play this mod or any mod using the NWA and you don't start with a National TV deal, you are screwed. The game will reach a point where it will gut your pop in every area you aren't shown/run a show in to the point where you will never be able to get a National TV deal without going to one of those goofy half-National deals and then build up pop there from nothing as you'll only be seen on 2 or 3 areas out of 11 with the other 8 being 0. So, you have to get on a National deal as soon as possible, Feb. in this game. Don't worry about cost or money because either you're broke or stuck forever at Cult.

Well, this is interesting.

If you're going to play this mod or any mod using the NWA and you don't start with a National TV deal, you are screwed. The game will reach a point where it will gut your pop in every area you aren't shown/run a show in to the point where you will never be able to get a National TV deal without going to one of those goofy half-National deals and then build up pop there from nothing as you'll only be seen on 2 or 3 areas out of 11 with the other 8 being 0. So, you have to get on a National deal as soon as possible, Feb. in this game. Don't worry about cost or money because either you're broke or stuck forever at Cult.

I don't understand why you felt the need to post this in multiple threads, but that's exactly why the territories died in real life. You can't expand or be national if you can only run shows in your own territory. It's just not possible. That's why no promotion really made the climb until they left the NWA or bought out other territories in the NWA.

This thread was buried on page 2 here. Granted most of the people who are interested in the 85 mod are interested in this one too, but just in case, I posted in both places.

And yes, you are right about that, but this is a game mechanics issue. You go in knowing that you build up your home base really high, take the spillover to get on TV there and build from there. This is impossible when the game decides to kill your pop everywhere else including that spillover area(s) just from running shows. Sure would be fun to have a fed that is 70 pop in your home area and 0 everywhere else, right? That's what the game does.

It makes perfect sense and reflects reality pretty dang well in that respect. It doesn't matter if you have spillover, if you don't visit an area they're eventually going to stop giving a crap about you. If you want to expand, leave the alliance like real promotions did.

Not trying to attack you or anything, but it's incredibly realistic the way it is now.

So what your saying is the mod with the NWA setup the way it is reflects real life? I set the Alliance in this mod to reflect that. You have to leave the NWA or will not be able to grow. I understand it's pain in the rear and this was buried on page 2 because at this point in time there is no updates for the mod. Because of me having computer problems. When I am able to fix that issue then I will be able to fix the issues you have pointed out. Plus NGO Generations will become the official picture pack for this mod.

This thread was buried on page 2 here. Granted most of the people who are interested in the 85 mod are interested in this one too, but just in case, I posted in both places.

And yes, you are right about that, but this is a game mechanics issue. You go in knowing that you build up your home base really high, take the spillover to get on TV there and build from there. This is impossible when the game decides to kill your pop everywhere else including that spillover area(s) just from running shows. Sure would be fun to have a fed that is 70 pop in your home area and 0 everywhere else, right? That's what the game does.

That's reality though.

Georgia Championship Wrestling could not become a national promotion while it was a member of the alliance, and a GCW show promoted in Wisconsin would have bombed.

That was THE ENTIRE POINT of the territories. It was a cartel. I owned the rights to my area and you owned the rights to yours. We would trade workers and promote shows together, but under the alliance name. The NWA carried big prestige, but your particular promotion might not at all.

What a lot of people don't realize is that even some of the promotion "names" we are familiar with with her just the tv names. The road shows were promoted under the NWA names and people referred to the companies by their office name. Ole Anderson would never have said "I'm leaving Georgia Championship Wrestling for Championship Wrestling from Florida." It was Georgia and Florida. To the fans, it was the NWA. The NWA had it's own prestige and popularity which is why for years promotions wanted that name. Heck, even as late as the 90s, in southern states promoters still wanted the NWA name because of what it used to mean.

That's reality though.

Georgia Championship Wrestling could not become a national promotion while it was a member of the alliance, and a GCW show promoted in Wisconsin would have bombed.

That was THE ENTIRE POINT of the territories. It was a cartel. I owned the rights to my area and you owned the rights to yours. We would trade workers and promote shows together, but under the alliance name. The NWA carried big prestige, but your particular promotion might not at all.

What a lot of people don't realize is that even some of the promotion "names" we are familiar with with her just the tv names. The road shows were promoted under the NWA names and people referred to the companies by their office name. Ole Anderson would never have said "I'm leaving Georgia Championship Wrestling for Championship Wrestling from Florida." It was Georgia and Florida. To the fans, it was the NWA. The NWA had it's own prestige and popularity which is why for years promotions wanted that name. Heck, even as late as the 90s, in southern states promoters still wanted the NWA name because of what it used to mean.

If you want an idea how much prestige the NWA name still had in the late 90s, go search Youtube for some old NWA Southwest shows (and not just because you might see me sitting at ringside with my late grandfather, lol!). Whenever they would advertise their wrestling school, they not only emphasized getting opportunities to work in dark matches for the WWF, as well as getting to be extras for them, but they also emphasized that you would be wrestling for the NWA. And it was always a huge deal whenever they would bring in Dan Severn, who was NWA World Champion at the time, whenever he came in, as evidenced by the packed houses whenever he wrestled here. I'm not sure how many NWA territories got to host the rematch between Severn and Ogawa after Ogawa won the title, but I do remember NWA SW being one of them, and despite the fact that no local top talent was involved in the match, it was a packed house for that match because of how NWA SW made such a big deal about the NWA name.

Archived