Yep I agree - tempted to turn momentum off for this reason. Obviously never winning is not going to get you over but it really makes it difficult to book properly when being on the losing side of a trios match despite the fact that it was the opening match guy who took the fall is very frustrating.

Yeah tried it and even the protect note on a regular basis - neither seem to help except in very isolated cases. And I think you get a penalty for using it as well.

It's frustrating because I like the way momentum works in some ways - the game is not simply "put on good shows, get guys over regardless, become the biggest promotion in the world if you run enough shows". It would be nice if the user had some choice as to where it works. Perhaps you could choose to keep promotional momentum on but turn it off for wrestlers.

I still have it on anyways, probably about six months away from moving up to Cult but I'm guessing that's going to be a very difficult transition to make.

Have also made Okamoto my top guy in the mean time. Hidekazu is practically shot and Hoshino is declining quick. Mito Miwa and Buddy Garner are both free agents and willing to talk but will only work TV shows and above - I don't think they'd even be eligible to work any of my shows?

Into May 2016 now, haven't had anybody signed away since applying the Jan 11th patch which is nice. However, a tsunami just hit Japan and wrecked the entire country, which is less nice.

I'm literally 1% away from going cult, up to 52% importance in Kinki and 46% in Chubu while also doing very well in Kanto (39) and doing reasonably in Hokkaido and Tohuko. Have ignored the other two regions due to lesser importance and the fact that we run six shows per tour so would rather focus on the important territories. The economy is currently at 1% so drawing is still tough, selling out the 2,000 seater in Kinki every month and doing about 1800 in Chubu usually. Only lost $2k in April due to running an extra standalone show for the Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix.

The drawing was helped by a Razan Okamoto vs Funakoshi series - have been pushing Okamato as the new top star with a good degree of success (64 overness in Kinki, 50something everywhere else). Had a 30 minute draw in Chubu, followed by Funakoshi winning the belt in Kinki and Okamoto winning the rubber match for the Maeda final in Kinki again. All in mid to late 70s.

Other bright spots include picking up Ernest Youngman who's an absolute hell of a worker. Similarly a one year pro called Danjuro Kikuchi who I signed off the unemployment line has really caught on - tremendous in-ring but not that much personality, which thankfully doesn't matter that much in this company. Rokuemon Matsushita is also now an upper midcarder and I'll be working on turning him into a top guy over the next year along with my user character and Danjuro.

Brought in WEXXV champion Munemetsu Senmatsu on a three month contract in order to job him out to literally everyone I can in that time. He's actually good but they declared themselves hostile to us so we'll see how happy they are when their top guy is doing jobs to my midcarders in some backwater arena in Hokkaido :D

I'm a bit weary about the jump to cult but hoping to get on TV/PPV out of it and start drawing better in key buildings as the economy rises back out of the crapper.

• 3 months later...

With all the great puro I've been watching lately, (Okada! Finally!) I'm getting a hankering to take another stab at what I pretty much feel is my favourite promotion in TEW 2013. (No matter what other fed I run, taking another stab at BCG is ALWAYS in the back of my head.)

Making a minor change to the way I book BCG this time. Since I can't seem to figure out a way to book in the style of New Japan that doesn't require me to turn the Momentum option off, I think I am going to take a stab at Tigerkinney's Contenders Circle model of booking. I've considered a few different models, and even tried to come up with one of my own, but I just feel that Tigerkinney came up with a model that is both easy to understand and capable of generating a lot of great feud ideas.

Anyone else out there still running with the "black sheep"... err, lion? And how are your games going?

Archived