LotharioVerse v1.3 [RELEASE]

THE BIRTH

OF THE

LOTHARIO-VERSE V1.3

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1531/labq.jpg

Brian King walked into the lab.

http://imageshack.us/a/img37/6664/brianking.jpg
-
PROF!? Prof, are you here??....................................... Guess not...

It wasn't like the Prof to be gone this long, he'd been at this crazy experiment for months now, it sure wasn't like him to leave the lab unlocked! Brian walked around the lab, poked a few things, read some notes (not that they made any sense to him). Then he realised he could hear a swirling, humming noise from the next room... the room the Prof had never let him into... and the door was open! Brian jumped a workbench and ran to the door...

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9586/vortexg.jpg

Brian couldn't believe his eyes

http://imageshack.us/a/img37/6664/brianking.jpg
-
OH MY GOD!!! He's actually done it!! He's created a machine to transport himself to an alternate dimension! Just to answer the Ultimate Question!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5974/screenzp.jpg

That Ultimate Question?

What
would
have happened if the WWWE hadn't folded in 2001?

WELCOME TO THE LOTHARIO-VERSE

So, here it is again, this time re-tooled for TEW2013, the ThunderVerse alternative universe, the LotharioVerse!

And this time the Marty McFly set up fits, as we are still at the start of 2012
:D

The landscape of wrestling in the United States, and to a lesser extent, the rest of the world, is quite different to the ThunderVerse. But to reiterate what has been said all the other ThunderVerse threads, this mod still only features the US, Japan & Mexico
;)

The majority of the mod was decided on via brainstorming and the sharing/mixing of ideas between myself, jhd1 & sebsplex with jhd1 setting up the majority of the game world. Yours truly then took on the task of rebio-ing and final roster balancing, title reigns, that kind of thing
(so any bios, etc that are missed, its me you'll want, not jhd1
;)
)

For the TEW13 version I converted the data over, and jhd1 did some testing runs for me before I got the game for Christmas
(shout-out to my wife on that one
)
and did some final testing and re-shuffling.

I'd personally like to thank:

sebsplex
for his off the wall ideas and the genius that is his 'baby' promotion of the project

schmoe
for his part in the creation of the original, his blessing and all his awesome bios that I got to base things on

TheEnforcer
who has provided me a render for a new user character at pretty short notice

and, of course,

jhd1
for not only the entire thing, but for letting me run things to completion and testing the data while I waited for my Christmas present

The following links have info on promotions and worker spotlights from the 2010 thread:

So now, without futher ado:

PRESENTING

THE LOTHARIO-VERSE v1.3

First of all, if you don't have it you need to download the ThunderVerse's Graphics & Picture files (available in
thread) and copy it into the Picture folder for the mod. Then there are five image folders in the zip that should just be able to be dragged into the pictures folder of the mod, if it says anything about copying over the top of any files it's fine to do so.

Before beginning make sure the database is set to look at the right picture folder and you should be good to go

Please feel free to let me know if I've missed anything, I'll update the download as those come in

So, enjoy folks, and Happy New Year

NOTES:

- Employment Histories are not currently done for this data, for much the same reason as Adam didn't do the C-Verse histories before release ie It's more for flavour and can be updated at a later point (like after jhd1 gives me a headstart when he releases the ThunderVerse 2013 :D)

Hold up dude...I'm not done with the guy who created LotharioVerse that got released today. I tried downloading that set, It won't work for that game. I even tried creating a file for it. That still didn't work. Next time you make a download for that game...Put everything in a file entitled "LotharioVerse-1.3", that way the game will work under TEW2013. Thank You.

Hold up dude...I'm not done with the guy who created LotharioVerse that got released today. I tried downloading that set, It won't work for that game. I even tried creating a file for it. That still didn't work. Next time you make a download for that game...Put everything in a file entitled "LotharioVerse-1.3", that way the game will work under TEW2013. Thank You.

Errrr, I did put in everything. The database is there, the extra pictures are there, I just didn't think I needed to put everything in in the correct file structure to drag'n'drop straight into the TEW2013 folder, sorry about that. Future releases will feature the correct file structure to make things easier ;)

• 4 weeks later...
So I downloaded the data, created a LotharioVerse folder inside the Databases folder, created a SaveGames folder within that, and then copied the .mdb file over. Yet in game when I go to select database, it doesn't show up.

You're not creating the database properly.

Make sure you're in Admin.

Go to the editor.

Click "Create Database" and name the database whatever you want.

Close TEW.

Copy or Cut the TEW13.mdb file from the database you downloaded and go to My Computer(Local Disk)-> Program Files -> GDS-> TEW13-> Databases and then open the folder that has the name of what you named the new database. Paste the TEW13.mdb file into this folder.

TEW HAS to be closed before you paste it though.

Go to the editor.

Close TEW.

Copy or Cut the TEW13.mdb file from the database you downloaded and go to My Computer(Local Disk)-> Program Files -> GDS-> TEW13-> Databases and then open the folder that has the name of what you named the new database. Paste the TEW13.mdb file into this folder.

Thanks for the help, got it working now!

Go to the editor.

Close TEW.

Cheers for sorting that out Jaysin. I should point out though that you don't actually have to turn TEW off, just select a different database before trying to copy over the data ;)

I was wondering why I had been struggling. Apparently every time you want to open TEW13 you have to right click it and put it in ADMIN MODE.

Does anyone know if you can set it so it is always opened in admin mode?

Right-click on the icon and go to Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and tick the box labelled "Run this program as an administrator".

Incidentally, I always do this to a desktop shortcut as I'm fairly sure that if you apply the above steps directly to the exe within Program Files then you'll need to do it every time you install a patch (as you are overwriting the file). That isn't the case when applied to a shortcut.

Right-click on the icon and go to Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and tick the box labelled "Run this program as an administrator".

Incidentally, I always do this to a desktop shortcut as I'm fairly sure that if you apply the above steps directly to the exe within Program Files then you'll need to do it every time you install a patch (as you are overwriting the file). That isn't the case when applied to a shortcut.

Oh wow I feel dumb now. That is even better! Thanks!!!

I'm getting burnt out looking for jobs so I thought I'd post on a LotharioVerse game I'm running.

As Jack America (natch) I 'bought out' Derrick Moore & Brian Jack and decided to try and return the WWWE to its 'better' days.

I altered child company WEPP to become a touring promotion (3 months on, 1 off) and created Ladies of Wrestling (female development) on the same schedule.

I fired Derrick & Tylene Moore & Arson, but kept Brian Jack on as an Authority Figure.

I then went through the entire roster and asked them it they needed work on their overall skill. Everyone who said yes (except Tim Hawk & Cloud James) got sent to development. From there anyone who had 3 or less areas left to develop in got canned/turned into trainers.

I hired a tonne of old and new talent, in fact so many that I had to create a brand split 2 months later. I now have Aftershock with Brian Jack as the GM & Revolution with Jerry King as the GM. I bought the RAWA World and Tag Team Titles and brought back the WWWE Cruiserweight Title

Terry Thunder is 'The Man' on Aftershock, with many of the older wrestlers on there too. Billed as the more entertainment based show, with a face turned WWWE Heavyweight (WWWE World Heavyweight) Champ Thunder taking on the likes of Ali Ababwa, Chaperone, Juggernaut (Monstrosity retired), Rudy Single and, for one night only, GUY LOTHARIO!

Tim Hawk is the top guy on Revolution, although he does stand out as one of the least In-Ring orientated guys on the roster. Revolution is slightly more work-rate biased, with longer, more competitive matches and generally younger workers closer to their debut than their retirement age although both Drake Richards & Seb Curtis chose to make Revolution their home and have feuded with Hawk for the WWWE World (former RAWA World) Title.

I may have crippled AWW at first with all the raiding I did for my female development territory, but three months later they started running shows again after a couple of random women gens popped up and the could sign women who had been on tour with AJJ.

Trouble is now most of the women are ready, but I just don't have the space. Thinking maybe a B brand with the women in... but then I will have to start raiding Japan & Mexico's female talent to fill up the development promotion again... I suppose I could just release the ones I don't want to keep back into the free talent pool, I had to do that with WEPP a while back

I am going to have to give this a try tonight. I've been toying in the Thunderverse with the AWF since jhd1 released it. As much as I like the AWF, I have a feeling I might enjoy running the WWWE just as much, if not more. I'm running the AWF like I run a big promotion, which actually works at Cult but might kill the finances in the long run.

It would be pretty ironic if I end up running the WWWE on this, as I was the one (or one of the ones) who suggested to jhd1 to have several cult-level promotions in America rather than one dominant promotion...

• 6 years later...