[RELEASE] iDOL's "NEW GENERATION" Skin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woah, thanks for pointing this out guys. I have disabled all plugins on the site and will have to test them one by one. I installed fresh Word Press files and it looks like it has fixed the problem. I just scanned the site with SeriSite and it said its clean now. Is anyone getting malware threats anymore?

• 6 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ok I don't know how to get my skin to work. I downloaded it, but where do I save it to?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You just have to extract it in: whateverdiscyouuse\TEW2013\Skins</p><p> </p><p> And, well, obviously, then select the skin with the in-game option.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Andy_Kobain" data-cite="Andy_Kobain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You just have to extract it in: whateverdiscyouuse\TEW2013\Skins<p> </p><p> And, well, obviously, then select the skin with the in-game option.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> ok, still struggling. When I save it, I go to my game file. There I see 3 folders, Pictures, Databases and System. Where do I go or do from there?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ok, still struggling. When I save it, I go to my game file. There I see 3 folders, Pictures, Databases and System. Where do I go or do from there?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thats weird. Maybe the other folders (Help, Skins) are hidden, cause there is no way (I guess) that you can load the game without de Skins folder.</p><p> </p><p> Other advice that comes to my mind is that you just create the folder and put the Idol's skin there.</p>

Extract it to your desktop.

Open the GDS folder through My computer-> Program Files-> GDS

There should be five folders. Databases, Help, Pictures, Skins, and System.

Paste the skin folder into the Skins folder.

Nothing lets me extract directly to any of the GDS folders. I have to extract elsewhere and then copy/paste it separately.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, if the filename for the skin folder is too long it won't show up in the game. Name it something like "NEWGEN"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I named the file "skin", extracted all the images and put them in the skin file, I still got nothing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I copied the whole new gen file and put in in the with my other 3 main files that I have and still got nothing.<p> </p><p> This sucks because those skins are pretty f'ing sweet.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Here is a step by step video tutorial I did for EWWarehouse.info a while back</p><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo" contenteditable="false"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/gMZCbVNrWtY?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" title="How to Install a Skin in TEW 2013"></iframe></div></div>

<p>See that's irritating, because that's exactly what I did.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't have the help or Skins folder when I first open up my TEW folder. So I made a skins folder, but the extracted the file to inside my Skin folder. All the stuff is there but I still can't get it to work. </p><p> </p><p>

Lame.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>See that's irritating, because that's exactly what I did.<p> </p><p> I don't have the help or Skins folder when I first open up my TEW folder. So I made a skins folder, but the extracted the file to inside my Skin folder. All the stuff is there but I still can't get it to work. </p><p> </p><p> Lame.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Try reinstalling the game. It should have been made when you installed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Try reinstalling the game. It should have been made when you installed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Boom! Got it. I took my TEW folder and put it on my desktop for easier access.</p><p> </p><p> When I did that, I guess everything didn't get transferred over, like my Skins and help folders.</p><p> </p><p> But I searched my computer for my TEW file, found the original file and it has my files I was missing. Now I have my new skin. </p><p> </p><p> This game just got a lot better. Thank you for helping me.</p>

<p>Yeah I don't know why when I placed the folder on my desktop not all the files, skin and help, weren't there. I can't explain that.</p><p> </p><p>

But I did find the original folder though and it had all my files and my receipt for the game. So everything is fine. I dragged and dropped that file onto my desktop rather then doing a copy and paste like I did last time. I just copied over all my files and now my game is ready to go.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks to everybody who chimed in and helped me with this.</p>

<p>ok, so here is a new question for you guys.</p><p> </p><p>

I transferred all of my saved material from old shortcut folder that was created on my desktop to my original TEW folder that I found. Now before I load one of my saved games, all of my pictures work. But as soon as I load a game, all of my pictures go away. I checked every era I have and each one is the same. They work before I load the game, but not after.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Edit* I just made a new game and my pictures work. So my saved games won't have pics, but any new game I make will.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35273" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you check in the save game what pic pack the save is using?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just did, that was it. I set it in the overall settings, but it didn't crossover to my saved games. Thanks man, you've been a huge help.</p>

Archived