Real Championship Wrestling: GhostDogg's Revenge

( Note: This is my attempt at the sequel to TEW 2010 Diary: "ECW: The Protege". Please if you have any comments or gripes, please mention them. I cant make the diary better without them. Now without further ADO)

Real Championship Wrestling : GhostDogg’s Revenge.

Backstory:

January 2, 2013.

Logan Anthony: A lot has changed in the last few years. I know what your wondering? What happened to me, and what happened to trying to re-build the revolutionary force that was Extreme Championship Wrestling? Well, it is kind of like the old saying goes, “Keep your FRIENDS close and your Enemies CLOSER”. You think I would pay heed to that saying but I didn’t. 3 years ago, it seemed that so many events were transpiring behind the scenes that even I didn’t know what was going on. What events you might ask? Well, it turns out there was a mole in our Organization. And who was it you might ask? It was none other than my personal secretary and Girlfriend, Sophie. She was leaking the contracts and pushing plans to our Rivals, Impact Wrestling (formerly known as TNA), Ring of Honor, and of course World Championship Wrestling. But she wasn’t alone, the person who was behind all of it….was my partner and “so called” friend, Paul Heyman.

I know what your thinking, “Why would Paul ‘sabotage’ his own promotion?” Simple. He had me built it up just so I could take the fall. Everything that happened with ECW, I was cause of me. The PPV deals. The partnerships with other promotions. Hell even the TV Deal, was all orchestrated by me. The only thing I really needed Paul for was the contact that he knew in the industry. Because lets face it, nobody know who Logan Anthony was, and they DAMN sure didn’t know who GhostDogg was, that was until Paul put me on the map. We needed each other. It was only then that when I re-built ECW STRONGER than it ever was, that’s when Paul decided to strike.

He had Sophie “leak” certain contracts, plot ideas, to other promotions so it could make me look incompetent, and therefore the stockholders could vote me out of my position due to “no confidence”. Stockholders you ask? I told you that ECW was going to become BIG. I used some of my father “contacts” in the stock market, to create a “shadow corporation” so we could get bigger, heck even RIVAL WWE! All we needed was time. But Paul had other plans.

After Paul had officially ousted me from power, the ones who were loyal to me decided to released from their contracts (Antonio Bank$ and Dave Finlay specifically). And when Paul had full control, it was like history repeating itself all over again. Fast forward 3 years later….

Once again, WWE had become “Kings” of the “Wrestling Mountain”. With the regime change within WWE, with Triple H taking over the day to day duties of running the Wrestling Empire, Trips smarten up, he started making changes within the promotion, to include longer title reigns and started getting stars from the Independent promotions.

Ring of Honor was the first to fall, after Ring of Honor fell to Cult, after going to war with us, WWE, like the vultures they are, started to take the stars from there, eventually demoting them all the way to a Regional promotion. And even TNA fell back to "Cult" status. But the two causalities that didn’t surprise me, was the fall of World Championship Wrestling and of course, the Heyman-ran Extreme Championship Wrestling. They both suffered the same problems, they didn’t learn from their past mistakes. WCW once again insulted their audiences and Heyman with finances; well you know how that story goes. The both fell within two years. So the question remains, what happened to Logan Anthony?

Self -imposed exile. After making so many enemies working with Paul and ECW, (to include Paul himself) I had to walk away from the wrestling industry, I had to make the industry “forget” about who Logan Anthony, at least for a while anyway. So why now? Why the re-emergence of one of the most powerful booker in the last 3 years? Its simple, I didn’t finish what I set out to achieve. I wanted to have the best Wrestling promotion on the planet. I wanted to be the next Vince McMahon, only better. But now I realize something, in order to succeed at something, the one rule always holds true. NO SHORTCUTS. That what I did with ECW, I used a promotion, and used the promoter that made it famous, I used the stars that made it famous, heck I didn’t even change the name. People still chant “ECW, ECW” at matches for WWE and the like. But like the rule goes. No Shortcuts.

So now a new chapter begins. Turns out former talent that I used to work with “Pure Impact” Derek Frazier and his trainer, best friend, Claude Morrow (aka “Ruckus”) are starting a new promotion out of Maryland, called Real Championship Wrestling. Frazier came into a predicament, he created a promotion, but he didn’t realize how much hard work it would be being the owner as well as a performer. So they made me an offer that I couldn’t refuse. Frazier sold RCW to me for $100,000. (to be honest after the ECW coup, all I had left was $200,000). The only stipulation he added is that he wanted to have at least one Main Event Title reign in the promotion, which I gladly agreed. And after the ink was dried on the contract, the tables once again have turned. I am no longer a “partner”. I am sole owner of a promotion. And this time the climb to the top is gonna be much harder and much longer….but it’s a start.

Name : Real Championship Wrestling (RCW)

Size: Local

Ranking: 21st (Dead Last)

Money: $100,000

Prestige: F-

Momentum: D

Founded: May 2009, Purchased under Logan Anthony, January 2013

Style: High Impact Style

Owner/Booker: Logan “GhostDogg” Anthony

Roster:

Main Event:

Adam Cole- Heel

Ruckus- Heel

Derek Frazier- Heel

Adam Flash- Face

BLK Jeez (Sabian)- Heel

Logan Anthony-Face

Upper Midcarder:

Greg Excellent- Face

Ryan McBride- Face

Azrieal- Face (Current RCW Champion)

Alex Payne- Face

“Chainsaw” Joe Gacy- Heel

Midcarder:

“Primo” Robbie Mireno- Heel

Ophidian- Face (1/2 of the RCW Tag Team Champions)

Hieracon- Face (1/2 of the RCW Tag Team Champions)

Josh Alexander- Heel

Ethan Page-Heel

Lower Midcarder:

Ryan Slater- Heel

Manager:

Chrissy Rivera- Heel

Color Commentator:

“Salamander” Jones (announcer) –Heel

Titles:

RCW Title: Azrieal

RCW Cruiserweight Title: Vacant

RCW Tag Team Title: The Osrian Portal (Ophidian and Hieracon)

Tag Teams:

The BLKout: Ruckus And BLK Jeez

The Monster Mafia: Ethan Page and Josh Alexander

The Osirian Portal: Ophidian and Hieracon

The Runaways: Joe Gacy and Ryan Slater

The L.A. Times

“No Rest for the Wicked”

Week 1, Friday, Jan 2013

I immediately went right to work after taking control of RCW. This was different that how I was in ECW. I had to clear things thru either Paul or a Board meeting. But not this time, no more getting my ideas shot down and being met with scrutiny. This time, I was in complete control. I noticed the roster had a bunch of guys that very few people knew about. Some did stints in CZW and ROH and some have never been heard of before. It would be ok, as long as people were willing to work hard; I have had no problem keeping these people on. But when people start acting stupid, I would have no problem giving people the boot.

I was kind of lucky because I had one Stable virtually already formed. The Blackout (BLKout), with Ruckus, Mireno, BLK Jeez (aka Sabian) and Chrissy Rivera already on my team, so the only members who were not signed to me was Eddie Kingston who I had a previous working relationship in ECW. I had huge plans for Kingston; he was going to be the new Television if I had my way, but once again, shortly after I was removed, Kingston was buried, and whatever heat I was trying to build with him was extinguished. Another member of the BLKout was Joker. I heard this guy was a complete “mercenary” in the wrestling business. The one thing I didn’t need right now, was someone who WASN’T Loyal to me. I would consider picking him up down the road, but for right now…NO.

Another thing I noticed about RCW is that they had Talent, young mostly established talent, but never the less talent, but they didn’t have any backstage talent. No Referee’s, No Road Agents, and only one Color Commentator. I knew, that this was a young upstart company, and I didn’t have the millions that I had in ECW, so this time I had to be careful, I had to actually BUDGET. Now I knew that it took money to make money, and since I had a promotion with very little recognition, I knew it was going to be in the “Red” for a little while. So like I always do, I had to make some moves.

The first thing I did was started planning for a show, and what better name for a coming out party than “RCW: Extreme Warfare”? It kind of reminded me of game I used to play as a Kid, but I digress. I planned for the show to be on Tuesday of next week, so it gave me pretty much a little less than a week to make the “plan” come together.

The first thing I would do would to be to sign some referees, using the “C&C” Method. Cheap and Competent. So I signed an unemployed Referee named Marty Rubalcaba, been a referee for 14 years, and he didn’t want much, only $760 an appearance. So I figured, I go ahead and sign him. Next on the Agenda, was a play by play team. Now I didn’t know who this “Salamander Jones” guy was, but I am not going to have him run the risk of failing, if he can’t deliver, so I figured, I would give him some backup. So I paired him with an Color Commentator named Mark Davidson, but the one surprise I did get was a buddy that I used to work with back in the old says of ECW. Joel Gertner, apparently when he went to the E, where weren’t ready for the over the top nature that he was known for. And he was fired shortly after signing with them. I didn’t have a problem with him leaving me over at ECW. He did things the right way. And I told him that there would always be a job waiting for him. And I guess he took me up on my word.

The next thing I needed was some “mouthpieces”. I mean granted, I had a semi decent crew, but damn some of these guys were atrocious for charisma. I mean I had Rivera and maybe Mireno, but they couldn’t carry everyone who I was planning. So once again, I did the legwork, and some of the names I got back was crazy. Not only could I use Gertner as a mouthpiece if I wanted to, but I had some other names as well. I had a guy named Reno Riggins, a “jack of all trades”. He was a former wrestler and now he could be a color commentator, a personality or even a Road Agent, I needed him to be. I was going to use him as a backup. I had a meeting with a road agent, and if this person signed with me, this could possibly put us on the map and get us noticed. I also had 2 mouth pieces that I signed. One was a beautiful woman, named “Tracy Brookshaw”, but most people known as Impacts’ “Traci Brooks”. I don’t know why she split from them, especially since her husband still is employed by them. And to be quite honest, I DIDN’T WANNA KNOW. I signed her immediately. I had plans for her, and my newest heel tag team I was interested in signing. The second mouthpiece, I absolutely HAD to sign. This guy used to manage the “Prime Time players” in the ‘E before he made that infamous “Kobe Comment”. And with the WWE being family friendly, the dropped him faster than a Dumb Jock in High school dropping 3rd Period French. And as luck would have it, he wasn’t working anywhere. Now granted, the price for him was a little higher than I was willing to go (he wanted $1070 per show) but not only could this guy could get heat from the crowd, but he could wrestle too. I had to sign him. He was Brian Jossie, better known as "Abraham Washington".

I went down to Texas to see if I could sign this “person” as a Road Agent. She was in the Business for years and even though she was almost pushing 50, she damn sure didn’t look like it. I don’t know if she was flirting with me, or if she had her down home nature. But she didn’t want much as far as pay. (She only wanted $940 a show) She was known as the “Pride of Texas”. But now she was now “Mrs. Jacqueline “Jackie” Moore, Head Road Agent for RCW.

The Final piece of the puzzle, I had to get an Authority Figure, and it DEFINITELY wasn’t going to be. I needed someone that was one in real life. And to be honest, I needed someone that HATED Paul Heyman as much as I did…. If not more. This guy was a relic, and he hasn’t been seen since the REALLY old days, and one of the first people Paul screwed over. I called this guy, and I didn’t even know if he was going to take my calls or even deal with the wrestling business anymore. And he didn’t even want to deal with me, until he realized that I wanted revenge against Heyman as well as the rest of the wrestling world. After a few minutes, he agreed to sign with me. The newest Authority of Real Championship Wrestling…….WAS TOD GORDON.

Things were looking Really interesting ….

TO BE CONTINTUED

• 2 weeks later...

The L.A. Times

Additions

Now that I have, added people to the backstage portion of the RCW, I needed to added some guys to the ring as well. I mean we have guys that are possibly good, they are young and hungry, but the only problem is, that no one knows them. And I already had plans to book RCW: Extreme Revenge, so I didn’t have a lot of time to play around. I already set up preparations for the show to take place on next Wednesday. So me being me, I started making some phone calls. Its funny, you get out of the “game” for a months, and people think that your dead or something. I mean I was out of the wrestling world for 2 years, and people are acting like I was gone for 20. Well I guess its true that “absence makes the heart grow fonder”.

The first thing I needed to do was to rebuild the tag team division, but I had 2 problems with that. I didn’t have as much money as I used to, and plus, people are not going to be as quick to sign for a very little known wrestling company, versus the well known company I used to work for in the past. But in the in the end, I lucked out signing two tag teams. I signed a team that used to wrestled for Ring of Honor, and recently got released from Dragon Gate/Evolve Wrestling. Jon “Darkman” Davis and Kory “Rainman” Chavis, collectively known as the “Dark City Fight Club” (But to distance themselves I renamed them “Partnerz in Cryme”). Another tag team I invested in, they were both legends in and around the UK, both as Tag Teams and as opponents of each other. So I signed the team of “Sky High” with non-other than Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm. So with those two teams, that brought my established tag team count to 6, which I was more than happy to have. Next I had to move on to singles wrestlers.

With the singles wrestlers I signed, I was lucky that A: Half of them remember who I was, and B: there were willing to sign with such a small company, but never the less, I counted my blessings. There was 2 more signings that I made at the last minute, but I decided to keep them on the “hush hush” so I could surprise everyone at the show. And when everything was said and done, I was done with the signings, I was ready for my Card. And I finally starting booking the show. I didn’t expect a lot of people, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

-Ghost

Real Championship Wrestling

Presents

Extreme Revenge

Match 1:

Sky High (Jody Fleisch/ Jonny Storm) vs. The Runaways (Joe Gacy/Ryan Slater)

Match 2:

BLK out (BLK Jeez and “Primo” Robbie Mireno) vs Ryan McBride and Adam Flash

Match 3:

Adam Cole vs “Sugarfoot” Alex Payne

Match 4:

Triple Threat Tag Team Match for the RCW Tag Team Titles.

Partners in Cryme (Davis/Chavis) vs The Monster Mafia (Page/Alexander) vs The Osirian Portal © (Ophidian/Hieracon)

“Pure Impact” Derek Frazier will hold an OPEN CHALLENGE!!!

And the Main Event:

Match 5:

Triple Threat Match for the RCW Title:

Ruckus vs Logan Anthony vs Azrieal ©

All this and so much more at RCW: Extreme Revenge!!!

Courtesy of RCW.com

New Signings?

We have just recieved news from RELIABLE sources that RCW said that they are going to pull out all the stops for thier first show. "Extreme Revenge"

In fact we have just heard that the entired card has been SCRAPPED!! Thats right folks! In a MAJOR SHAKE UP, all titles have been vacated! When asked why the sudden shake up, new RCW Owner and Booker, Logan Anthony had this to say.

Anthony: "Look,the reason I did this was because it is time for a NEW CHANGE. Those who have worked with me, and seen what I have done in professional wrestling KNOWS what I am all about, and what I am capable of. Now, the card as of late will be changed, completely. Refunds will be gladly handed out if wanted. But trust me, the people are going to ENJOY this show. And as far as it stands we have a Huge suprise for the fans. When its all said and done, there will be a brand new RCW, Crusierweight and Tag Team Champion! Thank you for your time."

There was no further comment after this announcement.

Archived