Match Ratings, How much do they matter?

I have been in MAW for a while and we just lost our TV show. So my question is how much do match ratings play in to popularity increases, TV ratings increases, and other stuff?

I didnt notice a difference between my longer A rated matches and my F quick bash out matches. So what exactly does Match Rating play a role in?

In WreSpi2 they don't matter. In WreSpi1 they did matter but it made no sense in a kayfabe wrestling simulator to have match ratings influence how popular someone got as it ultimately led to people being required to drag a match out extra long to get a good rating. Match ratings are a cosmetic holdover from the first one and mean nothing.

Sadly, I can't remember enough about other mechanics to be able to answer many questions but that was an important one at the time and a change that was well received, particularly by me. :)

In WreSpi2 they don't matter. In WreSpi1 they did matter but it made no sense in a kayfabe wrestling simulator to have match ratings influence how popular someone got as it ultimately led to people being required to drag a match out extra long to get a good rating. Match ratings are a cosmetic holdover from the first one and mean nothing.

Sadly, I can't remember enough about other mechanics to be able to answer many questions but that was an important one at the time and a change that was well received, particularly by me. :)

Ok thats good news. I didnt want to have to go on a 1 hour match just to get a rating.

But does this also mean that I could have an F match and its basically ignored by a show? Like in TEW the match ratings are averaged out. Is this basically TEW from a workers POV? Like do shows have an Overall rating each week? Bc if I can help a company improve its size I will go for a higher rating.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived