1994 Triangle Match: WWF

WWF Superstars #414

WWF+Superstars.jpg

Announcers: Lord Alfred Hayes and Vince McMahon

Tag Team tournament round #1 match:

The Atomic Duo vs. The Executioners

Guerrero pins Pain after a Frog Splash. It was a short match, but Guerrero and The Saint still managed to show a lot of promise with some exciting moves.

Winners: The Atomic Duo

Match length: 3:53

Rating: D

A hype video featuring 1-2-3 Kid airs.

Rating: C

Jim Neidhart (w/Owen Hart) vs. Mike Maraldo

Neidhart makes short work of his young opponent and pins him after a Powerslam.

Winner: Jim Neidhart

Match length: 2:25

Tully Blanchard and his manager, JJ Dillon, explains that big things will be happening in WWF soon... and they're here to take an active part...

Rating: C-

KroniK vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express

The team of Crush and Adam Bomb is apparantly called 'KroniK'. Weird name they have chosen for themselves, but it certainly doesn't prevent them from getting the better of Morton and Gibson, with the latter being pinned by Bomb after a double team move Crush yelled to the announcers are called 'High Times'. Bomb looked a tad heelish out there, apparantly falling back to his old ways.

Winners: KroniK

Match length: 7:57

After the match, KroniK cuts a promo on their own greatness and promising The Headshrinkers that they're coming for them.

Pierre (w/Johnny Polo) vs. PJ Walker

A Powerbomb by Pierre finishes off Walker.

Winner: Pierre

Match length: 2:32

Rating: D-

Johnny Polo talks about Pierre's upcoming match against Jacques Rougeau. That is, if they are to have one at all - which Polo doubts the "coward" Rougeau dares, given that he has yet to accept the terms Polo and Pierre (mostly Polo) laid out last week.

Jim Duggan vs. Kwang (w/Harvey Whippleman)

Kwang tried, but Duggan's patriotism was no match for him. A Three-point Stance Clothesline ends the match.

Winner: Jim Duggan

Match length: 5:37

As Duggan is celebrating, waving his flag and his Two-By-Four while shouting "Hooooooo!" again and again, Lord Alfred Hayes goes on another tirade against him; he doesn't appreciate what he perceives as Duggan's racist crusade against foreigners and gets so upset that he leaves the table before the show ends.

Rating: B-

Show rating: C-

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm....Jim Duggan feuding with (heel?!?) Lord Alfred Hayes? I'm in!

Well we don't know for sure that's going to happen... :eek:

Can't believe that a) Tully Blanchard is back in the WWF in 1994

Why wouldn't he be? It's where the big boys play, after all. :cool:

b) It took me till the very end to figure out where you were going with the "Crush searches for a partner" story :o

It's funny because I was thinking it was too obvious. :D

Well we don't know for sure that's going to happen... :eek:

It should

Why wouldn't he be? It's where the big boys play, after all. :cool:

Guess I'm frustrated 'cause I could never get him in our 2010 game :mad:

It's funny because I was thinking it was too obvious. :D

Maybe...just me being daft I think

Things really seem to be heating up here between the big two, with WWF stealing DDP and WCW presumably having stolen Razor Ramon. Fight! Fight! Fight!

It's lunacy to imagine anyone leaving WWF for WCW, don't be silly now. Razor Ramon was unfortunately let go due to stipulations in his match against Diesel. For all I know he's sitting at home, depressed that he had to leave us. It was a sad situation, but he shouldn't have agreed to Diesel's terms in the first place. If, after having cried out at home, he ever decides to work again in some other promotion... well, that's fine. But it does not mean that he left us for them: he was let go, and got desperate for new work.

...or perhaps someone will defeat Diesel with the stipulations that his contract is re-instated? Who knows what might happen in the crazy world of wrestling...

Notice to Cease and Desist

This letter places you on notice to cease and desist immediately all advertisements, bookings, promotions, merchandising, broadcasting or any other for profit use of the trademarked name "Kronik" or any deviations, derivatives, or additional spellings thereof.

Failure to comply with this notice will result in legal action brought against you in Georgia courts to seek financial reparation and to compel your cooperation with this order.

Should you have any questions about this order or you wish to negotiate to be released from the notice herein, please contact the legal representatives of World Championship Wrestling, a wholly owned subsidiary of TBS, Inc.

Sincerely,

Justtxyank

President of Legal Affairs, World Championship Wrestling

You have been served. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just ignore it seeing as how WCW's lawyers dont even know who signs their cheques as TBS INC is in fact not the company who would own the Trademark it would in fact be from Time Warner and not TBS so ipso facto the above is not an actual legal notice.........on a side note my bill is in the mail.........lol

Just ignore it seeing as how WCW's lawyers dont even know who signs their cheques as TBS INC is in fact not the company who would own the Trademark it would in fact be from Time Warner and not TBS so ipso facto the above is not an actual legal notice.........on a side note my bill is in the mail.........lol

While I appreciate your input on this matter, you are in fact incorrect sir. TBS has been approached by Time Warner about an acquisition, but TBS President Ted Turner has made no decision on such a move at this time. If the merger were to occur, it likely would not occur until 1996 at the earliest.

While I appreciate your input on this matter, you are in fact incorrect sir. TBS has been approached by Time Warner about an acquisition, but TBS President Ted Turner has made no decision on such a move at this time. If the merger were to occur, it likely would not occur until 1996 at the earliest.

It would appear that you are coorect however I recall reading an article citing the merger in the early 90s late 80s while Jim Her was still in charger but i could be wrong in my memory and am perhaps thinking of something else.........however that does not change the fact that as of luy 1994 WCW or TUrner Broadcasting did not have a trademark on the name this still making the point moot...so my original adive still stands....lol

Our lawyer, the highly esteemed Clarence Mason, will look into your notice. Untill then, we have no further comments on the subject.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090603173708/prowrestling/images/e/e6/Herman-Stevens.jpg

Actually sir the Turner - Time Warner merger occured in 1989 a future you are reffering to is the AOL TIme Warner merger which would not occur for several years

No sir. Time Warner only owns approximately 18% of TBS. Ted Turner is still the chairman of Turner Broadcasting at this point. However, Time Warner has given indications that they would like to purchase the remaining 80+% of TBS, Inc. A deal might be worked out in 1995 or 1996 where TBS Chairman Ted Turner sells the 80% to Time Warner and is made the Vice President of Time Warner in exchange.

What is this AOL you speak of?

No sir. Time Warner only owns approximately 18% of TBS. Ted Turner is still the chairman of Turner Broadcasting at this point. However, Time Warner has given indications that they would like to purchase the remaining 80+% of TBS, Inc. A deal might be worked out in 1995 or 1996 where TBS Chairman Ted Turner sells the 80% to Time Warner and is made the Vice President of Time Warner in exchange.

What is this AOL you speak of?

yes that notice was recieved and in fact changed after release

Silly discussions about the ownership of a silly wrasslin' company should be kept in the thread of said silly company. Don't force me to send Mr. Mason after you guys! :p

Mr. MAson doesnt scare me I know a smarter man them im represented by the law offices of Otunga and Nowinski ESQ

Good diary thus far. Glad to see The Underfaker gone, always thought it was a pity that the WWF didn't want to use Brian Lee in a more serious fashion.

Damn you for putting KroniK together though! I'd been contemplating a 1994 diary myself at some point, and wondered whether that'd be too obvious to team them up. I personally thought they were at their best as a tag team.

Good diary thus far.

Thanks man. I know it's not quite as well-written and elaborate as the diaries of my two talented colleagues - but I keep telling myself that my own diary is good in its' own right. It keeps me from crying myself to sleep at night. :D

Glad to see The Underfaker gone, always thought it was a pity that the WWF didn't want to use Brian Lee in a more serious fashion.

Yeah it didn't really work out. The gimmick, timing and execution wasn't right for him. In fact, apart from the cool intro, the match they had at SummerSlam is probably the worst match I've ever seen with The Undertaker.

Damn you for putting KroniK together though! I'd been contemplating a 1994 diary myself at some point, and wondered whether that'd be too obvious to team them up. I personally thought they were at their best as a tag team.

The fun thing is that after initiating the team-up ingame, I noticed that RKOwnage had already done it in his own 1994 WWF game. It's apparantly a popular and obvious move to do with WWF in 1994. :D

...but then again, something really had to be done to bring both men out of the limbo of irrelevancy they were in.

Btw, I love your name. That is, if it's a reference to Weebl and Bob. If not, then I'm merely indifferent to it. :p

The fun thing is that after initiating the team-up ingame, I noticed that RKOwnage had already done it in his own 1994 WWF game. It's apparantly a poopular and obvious move to do with WWF in 1994. :D

...but then again, something really had to be done to bring both men out of the limbo of irrelevancy they were in.

Technically I've only done dark matches with them, so they aren't really a tag team yet. In that respect you beat me to it ;)

Also, it seems we're both leading to Savage/Michaels haha. Great minds think alike I suppose.

Everything has been flowing so smoothly in this diary, it's really good. Keep it up.

The fun thing is that after initiating the team-up ingame, I noticed that RKOwnage had already done it in his own 1994 WWF game. It's apparantly a poopular and obvious move to do with WWF in 1994. :D

I must be 6, because I smiled when I read that.

I have seriously fallen behind on all of these diaries. I need to spend the weekend trying to catch up.

Also, it seems we're both leading to Savage/Michaels haha. Great minds think alike I suppose.

Well. How can anyone have both on the roster at the same time without making them feud? It would be a crime against humanity! :eek:

Everything has been flowing so smoothly in this diary, it's really good. Keep it up.

Thanks. :)

I must be 6, because I smiled when I read that.

Oooops. :o

I have seriously fallen behind on all of these diaries. I need to spend the weekend trying to catch up.

A good way to spend a weekend if there ever was one! :D

Btw, I love your name. That is, if it's a reference to Weebl and Bob. If not, then I'm merely indifferent to it. :p

It partly is, aye. I was trying to think of a username and when I'm stumped for one I usually think of something Scotland-related - due to being Scottish. I was watching Weebl and Bob and it occurred to me that, as us Scots say "wee" a lot, that Wee Bob would work quite nicely.

Not sure if I explained that well, I'm pretty tired at this point!

Just downloaded your 1994 mod btw, and I'm enjoying playing around with it. Once I get to grips with the new features of this game, I'm going to give a diary a go. I'm hoping Genaldi's 1997 mod will be available by then as I don't think I could come up with anything as good as the 1994 mods that are already here, but I've already sort of booked WCW up to and including Starrcade in my head.....

I've already sort of booked WCW up to and including Starrcade in my head.....

Ah yes, I do that kind of stuff as well. I've actually written down plans for all my PPVs untill Survivor Series 1995... :eek:

That's the best way to book, IMO. Set up your future PPV cards and book the TV shows as you go along. That way, you move through fairly quickly, but still build towards where you want to go.

Yeah. I did it to avoid too much crash-booking with little to no direction. I've experienced that a lot in the past. :p

Of course, my plans will be subject to change depending on gains and losses in terms of workers... but that'll be handled when we get there. So far, I'm excited about my plans.

awesome awesome stuff. i barely remember alot of the early 90s WWF, i watched it, but it's a faded memory. So its nice to see it here and be like "wait, i remember kronik..ooooh thats what it ment" now that i'm much older and actually get things lol.

Archived