Buy Rates vs PPV Revenue?

I had a weird occurance in my TCW game, recently. My ppv revenue has plummetted despite my buy rates going up.

In March 2013, I had a PPV Revenue of 483, 818 for a ppv with a buy rate of 1.72

In April, the buy rate jumped to 1.82 but the revenue dropped to $127,957. There wasn't any change in the PPV contracts (i.e. I didn't lose any coverage).

In May, I dropped U-Demand and got a contract (giving 90% of my rev, changed from 80% before) with USA Free Corp. A change of Med to Big.

For Total Mayhem (a season finale) I got a big buy rate of 2.74 but my ppv revenue was only 143, 906.

I didn't want to post this in tech support because I doubt it's a bug. I'm just looking for reasonings as to why this would happen. Any thoughts?

I also JUST had this happen to me with Mr Canada's real world mod with WWE. To my knowledge I have had no PPV change from the beginning of the game.

My TV revenue dropped because I had to renegotiate most of my TV contracts and most stations demanded 100% of ad revenue instead of 80% which was the default from the start. I reduced my labor cost dramatically by eliminating about 50 people from my roster.

February 2013 was my start month. See pics below.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/troy2000me/tew13.png

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/troy2000me/tew13_2.png

Going from over $3 million to around $850,000 is a very steep drop. Did you host it at a smaller venue than the previous? Or maybe the hiring cost was more? *shrugs* If all else fails, I'd say bring it to Adam's attention in Tech Support.

This is PPV revenue so the venue wouldn't play into it. This is just the pure revenue number, not after expenses.

I posted in the Tech Support forum and linked to this thread. Very strange

How has the industry and economy changed? Buyrates aren't absolute numbers they are based on how much people bought compared to the total amount of people with PPV availability (I think). So less people could have bought it, but the rate can be higher based on other factors.

How has the industry and economy changed? Buyrates aren't absolute numbers they are based on how much people bought compared to the total amount of people with PPV availability (I think). So less people could have bought it, but the rate can be higher based on other factors.

Doh! I didn't think about that. I may have just encouraged a needless Tech Support thread. :o Guess we'll find out soon enough! ^_^

The economy is dropping but it's only four weeks between PPVs. That's a hugely drastic drop.

A similar thing just happened to me playing as NOTBPW, just after installing the 25/2 patch.

My May PPV (which I played before the patch) had a buyrate of 0.90 with a PPV revenue of $236,423.

My June PPV (played after the patch) had a buyrate of 0.89 with a PPV revenue of $78,265.

In that time the industry and economy in Canada has slightly increased.

Seems like a rather drastic drop to me!

From Adam himself in the tech support forum.

The PPV Revenue Split was being inverted prior to the last patch (i.e. an "80% to carrier" would only be giving them 20%). The figures you are now getting are the correct ones.!

Ahh, I'm now going to experience a huge revenue drop off as NOTBPW now. And I have just signed a few rather large contracts. Time to tighten those purse strings a bit!

Archived