WCW '94: War of the Thrones

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*ahem* you can umm.. blame me for that :p I begged, haha.

You disgust me. :mad:

...:p

I ain't even mad. Granted, I think the Annhiliator is the only guy worth salvaging in that whole storyline (if it's Kanyon like I think I do), but whatever. It's a good comedown match for the kiddies to watch, though I can't imagine any kiddies at these shows.

• 2 weeks later...

WCW Monday Nitro - February 12th, 1996

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/nitro.jpg

<iframe width="350" height="263" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cXXWw8AneQw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WCW Monday Nitro

February 12th, 1996

Held at: Heart O'Texas Coliseum in Waco, Texas (Mid South)

Commentary: Tony Schiavone and Jesse “The Body” Ventura

Attendance: 10,000 (sold out!)

Show Runtime: Two Hours

Rating: A

This show increased our popularity in 25 regions.

Clash Coverage

The show opens tonight with still-frame highlights courtesy of WCW Magazine from last night's awesome Clash of the Champions! If you missed the show, you missed an incredible main event! Later tonight, we will hear from some of the winners and losers, but now it's time for the hottest show on Monday nights, WCW Nitro!

Rating: B

Horsemen Right Out of the Gates

The show opens not with the KoW or World champion this week, instead the leader of the Four Horsemen, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair! A “Weasel” chant breaks out toward Bobby Heenan, who gets into a small tantrum over it, but the focus goes straight to Flair. Ric says that last night was a travesty in officiating, as “some blind dweeb in a blue shirt” disqualified his Horsemen brethren unjustly! Tony points out that it was completely just, but Flair continues on to say that he cannot wait until he and Arn Anderson get those “big dummies” Hawk and Animal in the ring at SuperBrawl, so they can show why the symbol of excellence will be the lasting legacy of all things WCW, not some face painted muscleheads!

But Flair's tirade gets interrupted by the unlikely source of Steve Austin! Austin hits the ring with his own microphone, and one glare toward Heenan has Bobby hiding behind Flair. Austin says that he's been in his share of battles in bars, but never did a beer bottle to the back of the head feel worse than when it was swung by that “little pipsqueak” Owen Hart. Austin says that he's getting tired of playing at the kids' table, though; and he says that if Flair has a set of spinning teacups left hiding somewhere in Space Mountain, he meet Austin tonight in the main event on Nitro! Flair goes into a rampage, strutting around the ring and kicking the bottom rope, before telling Austin that he's on! What a match made for the main event tonight!

Notes: Bobby's presence helped Ric Flair, who had some masterful interactions with the crowd this week. Austin then also improvised very well.

Rating: B-

Devon King w/Harley Race vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Our first contest tonight features both a KoW member and one of the premier high fliers in the world. Devon holds his own, keeping Rey down on the ground for a few moments, but Harley gets in the way by giving direction to King that backfires, and Mysterio is able to pull a small package that scores the victory.

Match Time: 6:32

Rating: C

Kings of the Hill

We head to the Kings of Wrestling now, as “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper and “Macho Man” Randy Savage stand, with Eric Bischoff at their side and The Giant at their back. Eric sarcastically welcomes the WCW fans to “the best parts of the show” as the KoW are on your TV. Eric talks about Clash of the Champions, saying that Vader may not be here, but make no mistake that he is still black and white because that's where you make the green. Piper chimes in, saying that Barry Windham was shown to not have what it took to earn his match at SuperBrawl, just as they knew would happen. Roddy talks about how “no 6'6” blond dummy is good enough to take down 'ol' RP' for long” referencing Hulk Hogan of course.

Savage takes over then, and he lays everything out; saying that he won the right to name the match against the World Heavyweight champion, the match he will win the World Heavyweight championship! But Savage says that never did that say when he names it – and he is going to keep that information to himself as long as he has to, “maybe I'll mention it right before the match, so that 'The Natural' has no idea what he gets into, yeah!” Tony talks about how unfair an advantage that is, but Jesse blames Magnum TA for making the wager in the first place. Savage says that the Kings of Wrestling are still on top of the wrestling world, and they will be now and forever!

Notes: Bischoff was superb, the crowd in the palm of his hand, while Piper did not do very well off-script.

Earlier Tonight

We go to Magnum TA in a video recap, as we see the Rock 'n Roll Express and Nuevo Gringos Locos in an argument before we went on the air. Magnum says that he has sanctioned a special six-man tag team match tonight, as each side gets to find one more man and do battle tonight on Nitro!

Rating: D+

Backstage with “Mean” Gene

“Mean” Gene is backstage, and he brings in his special guests at this time, Diamond Dallas Page and “The Total Package” Lex Luger. Page and Luger shake hands, DDP thanking Lex for being on hand last night to keep the KoW from putting him out of wrestling. Luger says that it was his pleasure, and talks about how on WCW Saturday Night this week, Page and Luger will team up to take on two members of the Kings of Wrestling. Page also makes a big challenge, saying that he wants the KoW at SuperBrawl, noting that the big pay-per-view setting should make sure that the Kings accept! Luger says that he knows Sting will show up as well, and he wants Sting to take his spot as Page's partner against the KoW. DDP is “all jacked up” at that idea, and he brings in the first partner he has found – fellow Jersey native Bam Bam Bigelow! Bigelow says that he is going to be “off with the Kings' heads” at SuperBrawl! Gene talks about this huge match, saying he can't wait to find out who the Kings of Wrestling would put into it!

Rating: C+

Squaring the Roundtable

Elsewhere backstage, however, things aren't as chummy; The Ruthless Roundtable are in the midst of a big argument, as Lord Steven Regal is placing the blame on their recent misfortunes solely on Finlay's shoulders! He says that Finlay is the weak link compared to the great British talents of himself and Earl Clayton, and William grins and nods like the teacher's pet. Finlay stands up for himself this time though, saying that maybe it's not that he is holding the others back – maybe the others are just not good enough, and they are holding him back! Finlay has had enough of this, but a figure can be seen moving out of a dark corner of the room...

STING?!? Sting emerges out of the shadows and demolishes all three men with his baseball bat! Why in the world did Sting do that?

Notes: Finlay's face turn went pretty well, but he didn't come out of this angle looking good. Sting was a real star, though, as always.

Rating: C-

Six Man Tag Team Action!

The Rock 'n Roll Express have seemingly only found second generation star Steve Armstrong to team with. However, apparently Chavo had an ace up his sleeve; as the Nuevos Gringos Locos make their way to the ring, their partner comes out... as uncle Eddy Guerrero! The loco trio end up making short work of their more Southern style opponents, as the fluid teamwork of Eddy and Art pairs up with the family bond of Eddy and Chavo, and with all of that going for them (along with Bobby Heenan watching from ringside) means this one gets wrapped up with Eddy's frog splash to Armstrong for the victory.

Match Time: 7:46

Notes: Eddy's performance stood out as being good.

Rating: C+

Horsemen Business

We head backstage to “Mean” Gene again, and this time he is with the entire Four Horsemen. Bobby starts off by saying that when Eddy's nephew came to them, they made a deal; he says that no matter what, Horsemen business always comes first, even compared to family business. Flair takes over from there, saying that there is no closer unit of family than the Four Horsemen – they live together, they ride together, they party together, and they damn well die together if they have to! “Steve Austin! Wooo! You thought you could get in the face of the twelve time heavyweight champion of the World? Listen pal, just because you think you're big time doesn't mean a damn! But I will leave ever so slight traces of humanity left in your body, for Owen here to destroy at SuperBrawl! Woooo! And Road Warriors, you better ride those hogs out of town before the Horsemen ride all over you! Woooo! Wooooo! WOOOOOOOOOO!!”

Notes: Flair improvised well and also looked very good in this segment. Bobby helped a lot too.

The Body Shop

Jesse “The Body” Ventura is in the ring for The Body Shop, which Tony notes hasn't been seen in quite some time. His guest at this time is none other than the current WCW World Heavyweight champion “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes! Rhodes gets a loud cheer from the Waco crowd as he enters the ring. Ventura congratulates Rhodes for retaining the title last night at the Clash against Vader. Dustin says that he appreciates it, but it just goes to show what he can do when people tell him he can't do something. “People told me I couldn't defeat all four of the Horsemen, and I did it! People said I wouldn't win the World title, so I did it! And then people said I couldn't pin Vader, so that's what I did!” He talks about hearing people say that he is just holding the title for Randy Savage to take, but Dustin says that they should be saying something else: that Randy Savage is just another hill to cross in the World title reign of “The Natural”!

That brings out “The Macho Man” himself to the ring, with Woman at his side. Savage takes exception to Dustin's words, telling Rhodes that people like him are not World champions; Kings of Wrestling are World champions. Savage cuts Dustin off before he says anything, saying that Randy was once a kid like Dustin, thinking he “had the world by the bottom” but says that he grew up and became the best in the world today. He tells Dustin that not everyone can make that transition – and he is one of them. He tells Rhodes that he may say that he'll give Rhodes the title, but he knows that there's no way that someone like Dustin will just give up the championship of the World. Savage says, however, that pride will be his downfall, because once that bullseye is on your chest, he will crumble, and that will be to “The Macho Man's” gain. Dustin finally gets the microphone back, but Savage doesn't let him say anything, slapping him across the face! Savage takes his sunglasses off and tells Rhodes to pay attention to what Savage tells him! He says that Rhodes has two weeks until SuperBrawl – and when that bullseye on his chest is pointed at by “The Macho Man” that's a lot of time for things to happen.

Notes: Jesse worked the crowd well here, and Savage improvised well; but Dustin struggled off-script a little.

Rating: A* (97)

“Blackjack” Barry Windham vs. The Giant w/Woman

Tony talks about this as being the biggest in-ring challenge that The Giant has taken on, having had matches in WCW in the past but none against a former World, US, TV, and both World and US Tag Team champion like Barry Windham. Windham, however, is still being towered over by The Giant, the largest man in the sport today. Barry holds his own, and he even almost fells The Giant with a jumping clothesline, but when he goes for another he gets caught around the throat, and a chokeslam is enough for the three count. Tony and Jesse discuss how terrifying The Giant is, as they send it to pre-recorded comments with Mike Tenay.

Match Time: 9:47

Moving On

“The Professor” Mike Tenay is in a sit-down interview with young star Rey Mysterio Jr., who talks about the match he had the night before against Juventud Guerrera. Rey says that as much as he always loves the competition that he and Juvi have when they go against one another, he is hoping to move on from that feud toward the biggest prize in lightweight wrestling, the WCW World Cruiserweight championship.

Rating: D

Dressing Down the Troops

We go back to the KoW again, as Eric Bischoff, Roddy Piper, and Harley Race are addressing California Kip, Jeff Jarrett, and a distressed Devon King. Piper says that Page is “getting a little big for his britches” but that he likes that kind of spit, saying that he will personally oversee the team of the Kings of Wrestling at SuperBrawl! With DDP in the match, he says that he expects Jeff and Kip to be on their “A” game at his side. Roddy says that Devon won't be on the match, because he hasn't won a match in a long time, but not to worry about his place in the group - “after all, your brother did a great job detailing my car last week.”

Notes: Piper was superb here when off-script.

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match

Meng vs. Bubba Rogers w/Col. Parker

This is a big, bad match between two big, bad men. But they are just getting warmed up by the time that the trap is sprung on the wild Meng, as Terry Gordy hits the ring and blasts Meng with a lariat!

Bubba and Terry, under “The Colonel's” guidance, start laying the boots to the champion, decimating him with two-on-one action. But another party enters the fray, as “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff hits the ring as well! But it's not a reunion, as he starts fighting with all three men, doing what he can to stake his claim back to the US title as well! These four very tough men just keep fighting with one another, and who will possibly stand in their way?

Match Time: 7:33

Ratings: C / C

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Steiner Brothers vs. The Oddballs w/Jimmy Hart

Tony talks about how Jimmy Hart has immediately paid dividends to Disco and Pittman, netting them a World titles match on one of his first nights managing the team. However, they have to try and wrestle the belts away from Rick and Scott Steiner, which is a tall order for a team who is getting along perfectly well, let alone some oddballs! And that difference is vastly clear, as the fine-tuned machine of the brothers practically eats their opponents for lunch. Jimmy gets on the ring apron, but Pittman miscommunicates and gets run into him by mistake, and a Frankensteiner puts this one away in a match that was actually very good.

Rick and Scott are getting their hand raised, but the KoW theme interrupts their own music. Roddy Piper comes out to the arena, with bodyguard The Giant at his back. Piper applauds the duo, telling them “job well done tonight, boys.” He says that, however, all good stories must come to a fitting end. He tells everyone that it is time for the Kings of Wrestling to regain the World Tag Team titles, and since he's taking a wild guess that Rick and Scott aren't willing to switch teams – taking a second for them to answer, which is a resounding no from both men – then Roddy makes a challenge to the two for SuperBrawl in two weeks! “It's not for me; but I have a friend who wants to take you boys and rip you limb from limb!” The Steiners are, of course, fighting champions, and they agree immediately, not even knowing who their opponents will be! Is this a stupid move, or are the Steiners just good enough that they don't need to know who they face?

Match Time: 9:35

Ratings: B / B+

“The Nature Boy” Ric Flair w/Bobby Heenan vs. Steve Austin

We keep saying that Monday Nitro is the place for the best wrestling action in the planet, and this proves it. A match of the year candidate for sure sees the upstart Steve Austin and the legendary Ric Flair go head to head in this main event. If you changed the channel, you only have yourself to blame. Austin pummels Flair for the first moments of the match, but he gets caught chasing Bobby Heenan around the ring, as Flair delivers a chopblock on the outside of the ring – before lifting Austin up and slamming his knee against the ring steps! From there, we go to school, as the master tactician zooms in on the left knee as the focal point of this whole match. Tommy Young takes a bump clear to the outside of the ring, and that brings Owen Hart into the match right as Austin started gaining traction – and Hart takes a tire iron to Steve's knee! Ric locks in the figure four as Heenan (ever “The Brain”) gets Tommy back into the ring, but Austin refuses to submit. This match starts getting uncomfortable, as Austin doesn't have the strength to turn the hold over, but also refuses to give in. Finally, he passes out from the pain in the hold, as Tommy has no choice but to call the match in favor of “The Nature Boy”.

The sound of the bell does not end the punishment though, as Arn Anderson and Eddy Guerrero join the ring (Owen had hidden under the ring) and they begin destroying Austin! Steve comes to again with the feeling of knuckles against his head, and he swings at everything that moves! He fights all that he can, but it's four on one, and nobody can withstand those odds.

But what about four on three?! The Road Warriors ride into town on their custom Harley motorcycles, and they pitch Eddy and Owen out of the ring, and with the odds not in their favor, the Horsemen disperse out of the ring. Austin refuses help back to his feet, limping to the ropes to throw some words that Turner won't let us catch on camera at his foes until this episode of Nitro fades to black!

Notes: Great chemistry between Flair and Austin! Austin came across well in the aftermath.

Rating: A* (98) / B

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/logo2.jpg

Just read the Clash and Nitro great shows. I like the fact your keeping Dustin as World Champion. I watched a match of Dustin and Austin on Youtube and Jim Ross called both them the future of the business. I really think Dustin didn't get the Golddust gimmick he could of been a lot bigger in the business.

WCW Hotline: February 1996, Week 3

Thanks to alvarasus and everyone who commented on Clash! Today ended up being a very productive day for WCW! As for King Puma and Prince Puma... well, we here at World Championship Wrestling try not to pry into our wrestlers' private lives too much, but we do understand that when King Puma wears his silk robes, the girls tend to come running, so it is very likely that he may have a little prince running around!

------------------------------------------

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/hotline.jpg

WCW Hotline

3rd Week of February 1996

Option 1: SuperBrawl Control Center!

Option 2: Announced for WCW Monday Nitro!

Option 3: What the world ISN’T watching!

Option 4: WCW Disney/MGM taping results!

Option 5: Mean Gene’s backstage pass!

Option 6: The Monday Night War Neilson ratings!

Option 7: Tony Schiavone’s WCW moment of the week!

Option 8: Mike Tenay’s International Report!

Option 9: A gift from the WCW Catalog!

Randy Savage is confirmed to face off against Dustin Rhodes for the World championship! Magnum TA and Eric Bischoff have agreed to Diamond Dallas Page's challenge, sanctioning an eight man tag team match between the WCW stars and Kings of Wrestling! The Steiner Brothers will take on two KoW members as well for the World Tag Team titles! And Rick Martel will definitely face off with Chris Jericho! SuperBrawl is shaping up to be a huge event!

Option 2: Announced for this week’s WCW Monday Nitro!

Three matches have been announced already for Nitro! After what happened on Worldwide, The Ladykillers will team up to take on the makeshift team of JPL and TV champion Chris Candido! New United States champion Terry Gordy defends his newly won belt against Ricky Morton! And Rick Steiner takes on the KoW leader “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper! For all the best action on Monday nights, tune into WCW Nitro!

Jerry Lawler continues to not defend his so-called World title, as he defeats the “Heart Broke Joke” in a singles match in the main event. In other action, Vinnie Vegas defeats the Japanese Samoan in the battle of the bulge… did I say bulge? I meant battle of the black outs, because everyone watching fell asleep. In interesting other news from around the wrestling world, Lawler is not only the WWF champion, but he just recently won the USWA World title as well. Apparently “The King” thinks he should be King Midas!

Option 4: Last weekend’s WCW Disney/MGM taping results!

WCW Pro: B-

The Rock 'n Roll Express d. Shane Helms and Steve Skyfire (C+)

Nitro recap video: Dustin Rhodes and Randy Savage face-to-face on The Body Shop (B+)

Mike Tenay interviews Juventud Guerrera, who says that Rey might want to move on, but he isn't done with Mysterio and Jannetty just yet, as he faces Marty this week on Worldwide (D)

King Puma d. Arkane (E+)

Dr. Karnage calls down a four-on-one assault that is able to stagger King Puma! (D-)

The Annihilator and The Willow d. Biff Wellington and Bobby Walker (D)

California Kip d. Sgt. Buddy Parker (C-)

WCW Saturday Night ad: Lex Luger and Diamond Dallas Page take on a KoW team! (B-)

Jeff Jarrett d. Rick Martel by pulling the tights (B-)

Mike Tenay meets with Jarrett and Kip, who say that DDP and Bigelow are going to fall at SuperBrawl! ©

WCW Saturday Night: B

Brian Pillman is in recorded comments, challenging Scott Hall to “go face to face with Pillmania” at SuperBrawl! (B)

Johnny B. Badd d. Erin O'Grady with a Diss That Don't Miss Punch ©

2 Cold Scorpio d. Bobby Walker with the Tumbleweed ©

Gene Okerlund interviews Johnny B. Badd who gloats about showing that he deserves title shots (B)

Gene's interview area gets taken over by Chris Jericho and The Warlord, who confirms that “now that the perfect face is healed” Jericho will take on Rick Martel at SuperBrawl (B)

With Jericho watching on commentary, Rick Martel d. Tracy Smothers with a Boston Crab ©

Terry Gordy d. Meng with a pinfall while holding the ropes to win the WCW United States Heavyweight title (B-)

Gordy and Meng then brawl all over Disney! (C+)

Lex Luger and Diamond Dallas Page d. Devon King and Paul Orndorff when Orndorff abandons King to get hit with the Diamond Cutter (B+)

WCW Worldwide: C

This week's panel is Tony Schiavone, Gene Okerlund, Sonny Onoo, and Kimberly Page. They discuss the big happenings of Nitro (C-)

Juventud Guerrera d. Marty Jannetty with his feet on the ropes (D)

Rey Mysterio saves Marty when Juventud will not stop attacking him after the match (E)

“Sting” d. Bobby Walker (E)

The panel discusses Dustin Rhodes and Randy Savage's face to face from Nitro ©

Sexton Impact d. Chris Candido by DQ when JPL gets irritated with Scott Steele's constant interference and attacks both Ladykillers; Candido retains the TV title by DQ (D)

Cactus Jack d. Disco Inferno when Sgt. Pittman purposely attacks his partner (B-)

Disco Inferno and Jimmy Hart are welcomed to the panel, Jimmy saying that Pittman was “a bad egg” since the start, and the show ends with Disco dancing with Tony, Gene, and Kim (D-)

Nitro this past week was a great atmosphere, as Dean Malenko had a Sony Playstation with him, he and some of the other younger crowd playing a game featuring some tan animal who wore blue pants... is he Mario's pet dog, maybe? Elsewhere in the area, Lance Storm found himself in a rare conversation with the man who plays The Annihilator, as apparently they both enjoy pigeons. The two have begun a true kinship off of it, vowing to stay loyal to one another. I've never known a pigeon to mean so much to anybody! After the Clash of the Champions, Steve Austin and Dustin Rhodes were pointed out as good examples by Harley Race for their performances. Austin seemed pleased with this, while Dustin was very happy. Also, Vader was complimented for his work in the main event, and he seemed pleased – well, as pleased as “The Monster” gets! On the Clash of the Champions, I promised you all the name of one of WCW's newest acquisitions, and I can reveal that man is <We are sorry, The WCW Hotline is having technical issues. Please try again later.>

A 4.48 for Raw on USA is an improvement for them! However, Nitro was yet again just so much better, as it netted an amazing 8.07 rating with a match of the year candidate on the card!

Option 7: Tony Schiavone’s moment of the week!

It cannot be understated how huge it was that Dustin Rhodes retained the World title against Vader – but at the same time, Monday Nitro featured two of the hottest wrestling segments in history, as the World champion went face to face with “Macho Man” Randy Savage on The Body Shop, and then Steve Austin had to pass out from the pain of the figure four leglock to drop his match against “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Which is the true moment of the week? I have to give it to my colleague, Jesse Ventura, because that Body Shop was one of the best things in wrestling history!

One of All-Japan Pro Wrestling's most hated is going to give in to the cheers as of this past week, as Toshiaki Kawada has decided to change his ways! Silver King is the new NWA World Middleweight champion in CMLL, taking the belt from Villano III after fifteen title defenses.

Option 9: A special gift from the WCW Catalog!

WCW WrestleWar '95 goes on sale this month, and if you missed it then, you're going to want to catch it now for sure! Another classic from Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat, the Danger Zone match between Randy Savage and Cactus Jack; there's no way you would not want to see all of this one! Order now for 5% off of retail price, only from the WCW Catalog!

WCW Monday Nitro - February 19th, 1996

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/nitro.jpg

<iframe width="350" height="263" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cXXWw8AneQw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WCW Monday Nitro

February 19th, 1996

Held at: Five Seasons Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Mid West)

Commentary: Tony Schiavone and Jesse “The Body” Ventura

Attendance: 10,000 (sold out!)

Show Runtime: Two Hours

This show increased our popularity in 5 regions, lost in 12.

A Change in the Schedule

After the opening video and pyro, we go to Tony Schiavone, Jesse “The Body” Ventura and “Mean” Gene Okerlund at ringside. After hyping that we are only six days away from SuperBrawl, Tony hypes the show tonight, but the team mention a strange occurrence; apparently Eric Bischoff himself, who is not in the building tonight, has called in to change the format for the show. What was supposed to be our main event of Rick Steiner taking on Roddy Piper is now taking place first, so let's go to the ring! Tony also points out that strangely, nobody seems to have heard from the World champion, Dustin Rhodes, so far tonight, despite having a scheduled interview later this evening.

“The Dog Faced Gremlin” Rick Steiner vs. “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Harley Race

Perhaps this should have stayed as the main event, as it was an excellent matchup. Despite Roddy seeming to be off his game a little in this match, he and Rick put on a wrestling classic that no fan will have wanted to miss by doing something silly like changing the channel! Piper's cheating ways keep him in control for a portion of the match, but despite a late comeback by the World Tag Team champion, Piper finds a way to lock in the sleeperhold. Jesse Ventura notes that Rick isn't very awake even when he has all of his wits to him, and Steiner ends up fading away in the sleeper, awarding the match to Roddy.

Scott Steiner rushes to the ring after the match is over, and Tony says that Scott must have thought Piper wasn't leaving the ring quickly enough. Scott protects his brother, making sure that there would have been no post-match attack – but strangely, it seems as though there wasn't one in line anyways, as Piper leaves the ring and ignores the champions completely.

After a commercial break, something even more peculiar is brought to our attention. Rather than the standard KoW gloating about having won the match, we see footage that during the break, Roddy Piper, Harley Race, and The Giant all left the building entirely. These three have left, Bischoff isn't even here; what is going on?

Match Time: 9:38

Rating: B+ / B- / B

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship

Terry Gordy w/Col. Robert Parker vs. Ricky Morton

If you weren't watching WCW Saturday Night (first of all, shame on you!) then you are probably very surprised to see Terry Gordy walk out tonight with the US title! “The Colonel” is all smiles as the Stud Stable now hold both sets of United States titles yet again. This is a short match that mostly centers on Gordy doing some serious damage to Morton, who sells it with all of his being. The champion retains fairly easily following a lariat.

The much more interesting development is after the match. Colonel Parker has bodyguard Bubba Rogers on hand in case of an attack by Meng or Paul Orndorff, or anybody else for that matter. But when the attack doesn't come, Rogers takes matters into his own hands to stake his own claim toward the US title! Gordy takes offense to Bubba looking over his newly won championship, and the two begin arguing. Parker tries to get between them, telling them that they are both his property – and Terry shoves Parker to the mat! Rogers starts brawling with Gordy, and the fight continues until security are able to come out and try to separate them. The US title is so hotly contested that it is tearing everyone apart!

Match Time: 7:36

Rating: C / C-

Ready to Rush

“Mean” Gene Okerlund is backstage alongside Hawk and Animal, the Road Warriors! Okerlund says that with Roddy Piper and Rick Steiner's match being moved to the start of this show, that puts Hawk and Animal's match against the KoW tandem of Scott Hall and Syxx as the new main event tonight, and he asks their thoughts. Animal screams that it doesn't matter if they're in the main event, the first match, or after the show in the parking lot, nobody can stand up to the Road Warriors! He throws it to Hawk (“Tell 'em Hawk”; “Wwwwell!”) and he says that Hall and Syxx are “a couple of johnny-come-latelys” who think they can make a name off the Road Warriors just like they were a few months ago when they were wearing a different shirt with different colors on it. Hawk says that they should have stayed in red, because it will hide the bloody bodies and broken bones that he and Animal are going to inflict upon the two tonight – and he adds that if the Horsemen were to become involved, they will be quite happy to give them all a test run in the Doomsday Device – and it'll be “Ohhhhhhhh what a rush!”

Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, “All American” Ron Simmons, and “Ice Man” Dean Malenko vs. Steve Skyfire, Shane Helms, and Alex Porteau

This one is just a showcase for the three men who have stood up against Johnny B. Badd and his crew. The three gel well as a team, but commentary talk about how Malenko is not going to be on their team at SuperBrawl as he will be taking on Alex Wright in singles action, while Simmons and Steamboat go three against two to face Badd himself and Harlem Heat. In the ring, the enhancement team get pretty much no offense, and Simmons gets the pin over young Helms with a brutal spinebuster.

Here comes Johnny B. Badd after the match, though he stays at the top of the aisle along with Harlem Heat and Alex Wright. Badd has a microphone, and he talks about how it doesn't matter how many punks that the three men are able to “squeak past” those three men are not the elite athletes that stand before them now. He says that three on two is the dumbest thing that Steamboat and Simmons could have done, and that Cruiserweight belt is going to “look so pretty” around Alex's waist! Simmons grabs the microphone from Gary Cappetta though, and he tells Johnny that he's as dumb as Wright looks! He says that there's no way a “dumb kid” like Wright can defeat Malenko, and while they may have started off as a two on three handicap match, “the right green and the right paperwork filed in the right places” mean that no matter what may have already been signed, it will now be a full six man tag match! Badd is livid, screaming how unfair that is because that isn't the match that was signed!

Match Time: 5:30

Notes: Ron came out of the match looking good, and the performance of Steamboat stood out as being good in both the match and the post-match angle.

Rating: C- / C+

The Ladykillers w/Rick Rude vs. JPL and Chris Candido w/Tammy Lynn

Based on what happened last week at the Disney MGM, JPL and Candido seem like unlikely partners but they do what they can to take down Rude's team. Steele and Impact are no pushovers though, being very hungry young competitors, and they give off more fight than their mismatched foes likely expected. However, there is no way to discount experience, and given that most of the experience Rude has taught them deals with the ladies, JPL and Candido are able to put the duo away as the TV champion pins Sexton after the Pedigree and New Jersey Jam legdrop are used in tandem.

The match over, the Ladykillers slink away to lick their wounds but JPL asks for a microphone. He says that he is done with Rude and his boys, it's time for him to get some gold – and as much respect as he has for Candido for what he's been through in WCW and his personal life, business is business, and he has a title that JPL wants! The two shake hands and agree to meet for the Television title this Sunday at SuperBrawl!

Match Time: 7:58

Rating: C / C-

Eight Man Tag Decided

We head back to “Mean” Gene, who says that the technical difficulties on his Backstage Pass last week should be fixed this week, so call the WCW Hotline this week for information about a new signing who is joining WCW from the WWF! Gene's guests at this time are WCW's forces, as Diamond Dallas Page, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Barry Windham, who Gene says are all signed on the dotted line to face the KoW team of four at SuperBrawl on Sunday. Page says that Barry is on the team just hoping and praying that Piper joins the KoW team. Dallas says that all three of them have been fighting the good fight against the SoW (Scum of Wrestling) for months now, and they have found one more man who wants to dance this dance with them one more time: and in walks Cactus Jack! Cactus says that the KoW have done a lot of bad things in the past… but none of them as bad as what will happen to them at SuperBrawl! Bang bang!

A Serious Situation

Tony Schiavone says that someone has finally gotten in touch with “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, and he is going to try and conduct an interview with the World's Heavyweight champion right now over the phone. Tony is patched through, but Dustin is in a huge panic. He apologizes after he berates Schiavone for everyone trying to get in touch with him all day like they have, because there are bigger matters on his plate today. With two words, Dustin hangs up the phone, simply saying “She's gone!” Tony and Jesse are completely bewildered, as we go to commercial break.

Pillmania is Runnin' Wild! “Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman vs. Sgt. Craig “Pitbull” Pittman

Backstage, “Mean” Gene Okerlund is meeting with “Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman. Gene inquires as to why Pillman has specifically requested for this match tonight against Sgt. Craig Pittman. Pillman is very animated, talking about how “The Pillmaniacs” have demanded justice on the so-called sergeant. He says that Pittman may have some great military training from his past, but he is is about to find out the only training you need are the three commandments of Pillmania: “Never say die, never surrender, and never trust anybody!” Brian takes his leave, as Pittman is seen making his way to the ring.

“Pitbull” doesn't quite know what to make of the newest form of Brian Pillman, but he is a dangerous person in his own right, as he takes the fight right to the leader of Pillmania. As Disco Inferno looks on from the outside, Pittman nearly locks in his Code Red submission hold, but Brian rallies the crowd, doing what Jesse dubs “Crazying Up”! It's much like “Hulking Up” but Brian hits his opponent with three flying clotheslines before drilling Pittman with the Loaded Gun tornado DDT to score a solid victory.

After the match, “American Made” plays to the crowd as Pillman, Disco Inferno, and Jimmy Hart pose for the fans. Tony says that despite this loss, Pittman has a chance to make up for it and ruin the party as he meets Disco Inferno in singles action this week on WCW Saturday Night!

Match Time: 7:37

Notes: Jimmy Hart has started his new comedy Putz gimmick, which rated a C+.

Rating: C- / B- / C-

WCW United States Tag Team Championships

The Armstrong Brothers vs. The Red, White, and Bruise

Before the match begins, we see backstage where BG and Brad Armstrong are waiting to head out to the ring. Colonel Parker, still obviously disheveled from the brawl between Gordy and Rogers earlier tonight, comes up to his champions. He launches into a diatribe asking them why he hasn't heard from them all week, saying he hasn't heard from Tracy in just about that long too. He says that he has fired Terry from the Stud Stable now, and that makes the Armstrongs his champions – adding that he “always liked them best anyways” as he tries to carry their titles for them. Brad pulls the belt back to himself though, and BG says that while the duo are grateful for all that Parker has done over their time in the Stud Stable… “Rob, did you see what happened last week to Regal's guys? Sting took them out hard! He wouldn't have anything against them, right? Well we aren't chancing it. Thanks, Colonel; but we're going on our own now. No hard feelings,” and the two head out to the ring. Colonel Parker is speechless: at the start of the show he had two titles in his camp, and now he doesn't even have a camp anymore!

The Armstrong Brothers then follow up that segment by putting on a tag team clinic against their masked, flag-waving opponents. While the Red, White, and Bruise are a solid team, they aren't the well-oiled machine that Brad and BG are, and this one ends fairly abruptly when Brad locks Patriot into a figure four leglock and scores the submission victory.

Match Time: 7:12

Rating: D / C-

The Warlord vs. “The Total Package” Lex Luger

“Lionheart” Chris Jericho and The Warlord stop off by “Mean” Gene Okerlund before heading to the ring, where Jericho takes to trashing the name of “Sticky Martel” who he will be facing off against at SuperBrawl and “Lex Laser” who Warlord will be in action against next. Jericho then decides that “all the Jerichoholics out there” need more of their hero, and he joins commentary for the match!

With his charge cheering him on from ringside, Warlord puts on a good fight against “The Total Package” in this match. He uses a variety of power moves that keep Luger on the mat, but this power vs. power match features one of the masters of the style. Lex is able to weather the punishment, and he comes back with a fury, hitting body slams, clotheslines, and a ring shaking powerslam before signaling for the Rack! Despite Jericho's protests at ringside, Luger is able to lift The Warlord into the Human Torture Rack with ease, and Warlord wastes no time in submitting!

Match Time: 8:13

Notes: Jericho really enjoyed the freedom to go off-script and performed well, while Gene was superb when off-script, having the crowd practically in the palm of his hand.

Rating: B / C+

Answers Given

When we come back from break, we see Tony and Jesse at the commentary booth talking about Dustin Rhodes. Tony brings up the strangeness of Rhodes's words, “she's gone,” saying that hopefully they can get some clarification of that soon. Just then, Tony says that he is getting word from the production truck of two things: one, that Dustin has just arrived at the arena, and two, that the guys in the truck are being ordered to play a tape that just came in. Schiavone says that if they are being told to play this, then we shall go to that now.

The footage is a black and white hand camera, and we see Randy “Macho Man” Savage in front of it. Savage is wearing a very wicked smile, as he talks about how sometimes, a man must go above and beyond to get what he wants. Randy says to Dustin Rhodes, who he hopes is watching right now, that “business is business, and this ain't personal… until now.” Savage says that he is purposely taking it too far, because that's how he knows he will get what he wants. He then pans the camera around, and after the night vision turns on, we see into the dark corner of the room and can see the figure of a small woman. When we get closer, Savage reveals her identity as the former Alexandra York in WCW; but in real life, she is Terri Rhodes, wife of Dustin and mother of their young daughter! Terri tries to scream to Dustin for help, but Savage holds her mouth shut, saying that Dustin has no way to find them. Savage says that they haven't hurt a single hair on her pretty blond head, but he knows damn well that Rhodes is going to be out for blood now that this has been turned more personal – and that is exactly what he is banking on. Savage zooms in on the tears streaming down Terri's face, very cryptically saying that he hopes that Dustin is watching, ooooh yeah; and he hopes he will be watching Saturday Night, where Randy will announce the stipulation for their match at SuperBrawl! Tony and Jesse are mortified when we go back to the arena, Jesse saying that he always was a fan of Randy Savage, but this time he has just gone too far, especially just to try and win a championship.

Notes: Savage's performance was fantastic (maybe a little too good for comfort) while Terri looked lost. She has debuted with a realistic old school valet gimmick, which rated a B+.

Rating: B- / C+

The Road Warriors vs. Scott Hall & Syxx w/Woman

Tony and Jesse are still visibly upset when we come back from break for the main event, and especially when they see three KoW members in the ring. Hawk and Animal rushing the ring brings them out of their funk somewhat, as the Road Warriors tear into their opponents with hard right and left hands! Hall is sent packing out of the ring immediately following a clothesline over the top rope by Animal, but there is definitely no rest for the wicked as Hawk gorilla presses Syxx and throws him right onto his partner! The duo are able to regroup with the help of Woman on the outside, who trips Hawk when he runs the ropes, causing the distraction that lets Hall connect with a hard forearm to the back and puts the KoW in control. Syxx uses a strange attack where Hawk is tied in the tree of woe by Hall and Syxx jumps onto Hawk's body, which Tony says has to be “more humiliating than harmful, but that's Syxx for you.” The humiliation seems more than the painted Road Warrior wants to take, but Syxx manages to drop Hawk with a spinning heel kick before doing a martial arts pose. Syxx picks Hawk up and delivers a piledriver – but Hawk springs right back to his feet! He runs Syxx over with a vicious clothesline, before mocking the martial arts posing to loud laughter from the fans and commentators. Syxx is able to make the tag to Hall, and this one becomes a full on war as Animal and Syxx charge the ring as well. Following stereo powerslams by the Road Warriors, they look ready to take Hall up in the Doomsday Device – but that is when Jesse notes that Woman has Tommy Young distracted on the other side of the ring.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/sting2.jpg

Sting comes out from under the ring! He enters the ring looking stoic, and he has his black baseball bat! He stands between Syxx and Animal, which allows them to lift Hall into position.

WHACK!!!

With a sick sound, Sting suddenly turns and drills Animal in the ribs with his bat! He drops Hall, who falls forward into the ropes and causes Hawk to crotch himself on the top turnbuckle! Syxx, thinking quickly, gets the bat from Sting and waffles Hawk in the back with it while Hall holds him out from the turnbuckle! Hawk falls to the mat and Sting leaves the ringside area completely, a wide smile across his face. Tony says that this is that fake KoW Sting, there's no way this is the real Sting. Meanwhile, however, Scott and Syxx lift Hawk up and pound him to the mat with the Outsider's Edge, with Hall making the cover and stealing the victory thanks to “Sting”.

But the show isn't over yet – Dustin Rhodes charges the ring from the crowd, and he has a tire iron! Still wearing his street clothes, Rhodes hammers both of the KoW members with the tire iron, threatening Woman with the same if she doesn't leave! Dustin starts laying into both Hall and Syxx, screaming “Where is she?!” at them with each blow! Rhodes finally tires of that, and he mounts Hall to start punching him straight in the face, screaming like a mad man! He lifts Syxx and shoves him into the turnbuckle, and he picks each of Syxx's legs up and puts them across the middle ropes, spreading him wide open. Tommy Young tries to stop this, but in his rage, Dustin shoves him across the ring! Rhodes grabs Syxx by the hair and screams for him to tell him where Terri is, and Syxx gives up that Randy has her, and he'll bring her to SuperBrawl! As much as that is the sort of answer Dustin was looking for, it must not have been good enough, as “The Natural” backs up and runs forward, drilling Syxx with a kick between the outstretched legs! He sets Hall up, and upon not getting an answer other than what he has already been told, he does the same to him! The show ends with Dustin screaming madly in the ring, and who can blame him?! This is as personal as it can ever get, but why did Randy Savage abduct his wife in the first place?!? Perhaps we will find out next week on WCW Monday Nitro!

Match Time: 11:47

Notes: Syxx was very underwhelming in the angle.

Rating: B+ / C+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/logo2.jpg

Dang, Macho, that's cold. Dustin's gonna be pissed, but I guess that's sort of the point. Maybe Macho will choose a stipulation where the title can change hands on a DQ? Hmm...

I liked the nod to Goldust with the "Shattered Dreams" on Hall and Syxx, but I hope this isn't a prelude to him actually becoming Goldust. He doesn't have to keep this Natural character forever, but he's become a main event player as Dustin Rhodes in this universe and I hope it stays that way.

The Colonel's world took a massive downturn this week, eh? One thing confuses me though: why were the Armstrongs afraid of Sting coming after them? Is the fear that he's just going to start targeting each and every faction in the company?

WCW Hotline: February 1996, Week 4

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/hotline.jpg

WCW Hotline

4th Week of February 1996

Option 2: Announced for WCW Monday Nitro!

Option 4: WCW Disney/MGM taping results!

Option 7: Tony Schiavone’s WCW moment of the week!

Option 9: A gift from the WCW Catalog!

You will want to see all of this, only on pay-per-view, March 3rd, 1996! Randy Savage has announced his stipulation, making it so that if Dustin Rhodes is disqualified he loses the World title! Owen Hart and Steve Austin face off with the loser being forced to drink the winner's beer, and the superheroes face off against the vile Dungeon of Doom again! Call your cable company and order now!

Option 2: Announced for this week’s WCW Monday Nitro!

Only six days away from SuperBrawl, and we have a main event that would rival what we are planning for pay-per-view only on TNT! For all the best action on Monday nights, tune into WCW Nitro!

Raw comes out just short of the mark – as per usual – even when they try to give away so-called “big” matches. They continued wasting the great talents of Akira Hokuto, as she took her second loss in the month to the former Madusa Miceli. The saga of Bob Holly continued as he and Mo retain the Tag titles. Mo is so bad that we didn't even want him, even though we took his slug of a partner from the WWF. The Burger King faced the fake Japanese sumo wrestler, winning the match but not any respect because it wasn't a title match. And the corpse of Mark Callous won out over the face painted caffeine freak. So why don't you not waste your time and just watch Nitro, the only live wrestling show on Monday nights!

Option 4: Last weekend’s WCW Disney/MGM taping results!

WCW Pro: C+

Gene Okerlund talks to Diamond Dallas Page, who says that he can't wait to finally get Jeff Jarrett in the ring (B)

The Red, White, and Bruise d. Alex Porteau and Lance Diamond (D)

Col. Parker finally catches up with Tracy Smothers, asking him what he's doing here without letting Parker know! Smothers tells him that he is here on Pro on his own, which is how it's going to be from here on; telling Parker that he sent him the suit that the Colonel gave him back! (D)

Biohazard d. Sgt. Buddy Parker (E+)

The Heavenly Bodies are waiting in the ring for opponents, and Steve Armstrong answers the call… along with Tracy Smothers! The Young Pistols ride together again! (D-) The face turn went pretty well.

The Young Pistols d. The Heavenly Bodies (C-)

2 Cold Scorpio d. Hysteria ©

Post match, Scorpio gets down in the ring, with Dawn Marie at his side (D+)

Diamond Dallas Page d. Devon King after a botched piece of advice from manager Harley Race (B-)

WCW Saturday Night: B-

Disco Inferno d. Sgt. Craig Pittman with a Chartbuster piledriver (C-)

Disco celebrates with some “Disco Fever” after the match (D)

The Twilight Express d. Shane Helms and Steve Skyfire when Eaton pins Helms with the Alabama Jam (C-)

Mike Tenay interviews Dave Finlay, who says now that he isn't being held down by Regal, he is going to the top in WCW (C-)

Dave Finlay d. Lance Diamond with a Tombstone piledriver (D-)

Biohazard d. Biff Wellington with a chokebomb (E)

Steve Austin has a taped promo, where he makes a challenge to Owen Hart: the loser of the match between them at SuperBrawl will have to drink a case of the winner's beer! (B)

Cactus Jack d. Paul Orndorff by DQ when The Giant assaults Cactus (B-)

Jack is brutally attacked after the match by The Giant and Roddy Piper, Giant chokeslamming Cactus completely through the ring! (B-)

We close the show with another tape from Randy Savage, as he and Terri are seen in the same room as before. Savage says that he feels bad for Hall and Syxx, but that is the reaction he hoped to get from Dustin Rhodes; and that is why at SuperBrawl, he is announcing his stipulation as if Dustin is counted out or disqualified, he loses the World title to “The Macho Man”! Terri cries in the corner as Randy offers her a slim jim. (A)

WCW Worldwide: B-

The panel this week is Tony Schiavone, Gene Okerlund, Sonny Onoo, and WCW Commissioner Magnum TA. They hype this past week's happenings (C+) then talk about what happened during Nitro and Saturday Night between Dustin Rhodes and Randy Savage with Magnum saying that he hated being forced to ink the contract between the two with that stipulation added to it (C+) and then hyping next week's set of shows leading into SuperBrawl next Sunday! ©

The Armstrong Brothers meet with Gene Okerlund for self-promotion, as BG points out that they've been US Tag champs since last May on their own, and while they feel bad for Colonel Parker, it's time that “The B-to-the-G and B-Rad” fly free! (C-) Brad's gimmick changes to Wrestling Machine, rating A.

The Flying Spyder d. Alex Porteau (D)

Nuevo Gringos Locos d. Biff Wellington and Bobby Walker (D)

Tony Schiavone and Sonny Onoo talk about an upcoming match involving Ultimo Dragon, but Onoo only talks badly about his former client, saying that he has no doubt Dragon will lose like always! (C-)

Surge d. The Boulder, The Willow and The Annihilator watched on from the outside (D-)

King Puma races to the ring (thanks to the power of editing) and he splashes Boulder into a pile of dust! Surge looks out to Willow and Annihilator as they silently watch it happen (E)

Alex Wright d. Erin O'Grady (C-)

Barry Windham d. Lance Storm (B-)

Gene Okerlund meets with Windham, who says that while he wished it was one-on-one, he will be happy to take out Roddy Piper in the eight man tag at SuperBrawl! (B)

Sources from the WWF have said that a big feud going on for the next few months will involve Jerry Lawler and The Undertaker going against Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart! This basically guarantees that the World and Intercontinental championships will not be getting defended very often – it's like the titles don't even matter to them! In WCW news, Sgt. Craig Pittman has left WCW, his contract having run out.

Nitro pulls a great 7.67 rating this week, while Raw is down in the dumps with a 4.43.

Option 7: Tony Schiavone’s moment of the week!

While a lot of the week unfortunately belonged to the Kings of Wrestling, I must say that I enjoyed watching Scott Hall and Syxx get destroyed by Dustin Rhodes. While they may not have had anything to do with the abduction of Terri, they've had some payback coming just for being who they have been over the past year! But this scary side of Dustin's personality is worse than we have ever seen before, and hopefully at SuperBrawl he can hold himself together to keep the belt in WCW!

New-Japan recently held their big show, called All Japanese War, and what a show it was! The main event featured Jushin Liger successfully defending his IWGP World title over Scott “Flash” Norton, and also Mitsuharu Misawa defeating Akira Taue in a match that had to be seen to be believed!

Option 9: A special gift from the WCW Catalog!

Valentine's Day may be over, but you can still get your sweetie some awesome WCW merchandise! Receive a free SuperBrawl official program for anyone who sends us a copy of your cable bill showing that you ordered the show, and 10% off an official WCW SuperBrawl t-shirt this week only!

---------------------------------------------

The Crash Bandicoot reference in the Hotline made me love you so much.

That Gene doesn't know what a Crash Bandicoot is made me laugh just to type it :D

Randy Savage you bastard, now you have pissed Rhodes off completely. Great Nitro Beejus.

Thanks! I hope his logic makes sense now that he's announced his stip formally.

Dang, Macho, that's cold. Dustin's gonna be pissed, but I guess that's sort of the point. Maybe Macho will choose a stipulation where the title can change hands on a DQ? Hmm...

I liked the nod to Goldust with the "Shattered Dreams" on Hall and Syxx, but I hope this isn't a prelude to him actually becoming Goldust. He doesn't have to keep this Natural character forever, but he's become a main event player as Dustin Rhodes in this universe and I hope it stays that way.

The Colonel's world took a massive downturn this week, eh? One thing confuses me though: why were the Armstrongs afraid of Sting coming after them? Is the fear that he's just going to start targeting each and every faction in the company?

Yep, you saw right into my mind on Macho's stipulation! Tbh, I think I feel pretty 100% in announcing that (as of this point) I have no interest in changing Dustin that drastically. His character may change, but I don't want him to go off the rails, because like you said, he doesn't have to. That doesn't mean he won't go crazier in the future though!

That the Armstrongs were worried about Sting going after factions is what I was going for, but I feel like I probably missed a segment in there that put the idea in their heads more... oh well, "because WCW" I guess? :p

SuperBrawl prediction card going up now!

WCW SuperBrawl VI official program!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wcw-95/superbrawl6.jpg

WCW SuperBrawl VI!

LIVE on pay-per-view Sunday, March 3rd, 1996, from the Continental Airlines Arena in New Jersey!

The Battle for the Belt!

After the personal turn that this match took as of this past week's Nitro, “Macho Man” Randy Savage has announced this match as not having the champion's advantage! Can champion “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes keep his temper in check to wrestle a straight match?

“The Total Package” Call to Arms!

Lex Luger has been constantly trying to get the attention of his former friend, Sting! Lex is going to be on hand yet again, trying to bring his friend back from the darkness and into the light!

A Never-Ending Grudge Match may come to an End!

The Road Warriors have long been a thorn in the side of the Four Horsemen, and at SuperBrawl, Hawk and Animal finally get to take on the leaders of the elite, the always dangerous Ric Flair and Arn Anderson!

Eight-Man Tag Team Action with Two Mystery Participants!

WCW takes on the forces of the Kings of Wrestling as Diamond Dallas Page, Barry Windham, and Bam Bam Bigelow take in a mystery partner to face Roddy Piper, Jeff Jarrett, California Kip, and a mystery partner of their own! Who will join their sides?!

New World Brawl!

After the KoW took in the members of Brian Pillman's New World Order, the hero to the Pillmaniacs finally can get a measure of revenge on “The Outsider” Scott Hall in this grudge match!

Loser Must Drink a Case of the Winner's Beer!

Steve Austin takes his alcohol of choice very seriously, and when it was insulted by Owen Hart, this has become a personal feud!

Who Would Challenge The Steiner Brothers?!

Rick and Scott Steiner have been dominant World Tag Team champions since Halloween Havoc, but they now face unknown competition as the KoW have set up two challengers who have of yet gone unnamed! How will the champions fare against these odds?

Canadian Combat!

The self-proclaimed leader of the Jerichoholics, “Lionheart” Chris Jericho, will finally face the music as he takes on veteran Rick Martel! After all the verbal jabs, Jericho will be forced to put up or shut up!

The End of Badd's Day, or Only the Beginning?

Johnny B. Badd and his backup have been saying for months now that they are being held back, and at SuperBrawl they have their chance to prove it: Alex Wright gets his shot against Dean Malenko's Cruiserweight title, while Badd teams with Harlem Heat to take on Ron Simmons, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, and a hired mystery partner!

Masked Combat!

The Dungeon of Doom and the heroic team will do battle twice, as Surge takes on The Willow and The Flying Spyder faces the Dungeon's paid assassin, The Annihilator!

Card subject to change.

Official Prediction Card

Dustin Rhodes vs. Randy Savage

Comments:

The Road Warriors vs. Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

Comments:

Diamond Dallas Page, Barry Windham, Bam Bam Bigelow, and ??? vs. Roddy Piper, Jeff Jarrett, California Kip, and ???

Comments:

Brian Pillman vs. Scott Hall

Comments:

Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart

Comments:

The Steiner Brothers vs. Unnamed KoW Members

Comments:

Rick Martel vs. Chris Jericho

Comments:

Ron Simmons, Ricky Steamboat, and ??? vs. Johnny B. Badd and Harlem Heat

Comments:

Dean Malenko vs. Alex Wright

Comments:

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

The Flying Spyder vs. The Annihilator

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest?

2. What match will go on first?

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion?

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name.

5. How many turns will there be?

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ?

7. How many titles will change hands?

One week remains until SuperBrawl!

Remember, Clash scores are being added to SuperBrawl's in order to have a full February winner!

Comments:

Comments:

Diamond Dallas Page, Barry Windham, Bam Bam Bigelow, and ??? vs. Roddy Piper, Jeff Jarrett, California Kip, and ???

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

Rhodes/Savage

2. What match will go on first?

Spyder/Annihilator

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion?

JPL

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name.

Vader and ???

5. How many turns will there be?

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ?

7. How many titles will change hands?

Official Prediction Card

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest?- Dustin vs Randy

2. What match will go on first?- Malenko vs Wright

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion?- JPL

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name.- Vader and someone who isn't named Vader (I have no idea)

5. How many turns will there be?- 0

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ?- 2

7. How many titles will change hands?- 1

Official Prediction Card

Comments: The boyhood dream ends here.

Comments: Some comeuppance for The Horsemen after the loss at the Clash.

Comments: Good lord, this is hard as shit.

Comments: PILLMANIA IS RUNNING WILD, SISTER.

Comments: Austin is also running wild.

Comments: A win over The Steiners should put The Giant huge, and so, Vader will be the one to pin a Steiner so there are no complaints at all.

Comments: I love both men...but this is a no-brainer.

Comments: Just because there is a mystery partner.

Comments: To take the title off of Malenko so early like this wouldn't be Wright.

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments: I prefer JEFHARDAY over MATHARDAY. I do like him as well though.

Comments: Since his buddy Surge will lose, there ain't nothing better than a good win for the SPYDER MANG.

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest? Dustin Rhodes vs. Randy Savage.

2. What match will go on first? Chris Jericho vs. Rick Martel.

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? John Pradshaw Layfield.

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name. Vader and The Giant.

5. How many turns will there be? One.

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ? One.

7. How many titles will change hands? Two, if you count the TV Title.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest? The World title match

2. What match will go on first? The Cruiserweight title match

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? Chris Candido

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name. Vader and The Giant

5. How many turns will there be? None

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ? None

7. How many titles will change hands? 2

Official Prediction Card

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

2. What match will go on first? Ron Simmons, Ricky Steamboat, and ??? vs. Johnny B. Badd and Harlem Heat

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? JPL

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name.Scott Steiner and The Giant

5. How many turns will there be? 1

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ?2

7. How many titles will change hands? 1

Official Prediction Card

Comments: Tough one to call, especially with the events of Nitro and Savage's choice of stipulation, but I'm going with Dustin in this one.

Comments: I don't see Flair losing this one.

Comments: Another tough call.

Comments: Don't see Pillman losing this one, even if I do hate going against an Outsider.

Comments: Gut feeling more than anything.

Comments: The "unnamed" makes me kinda want to go with KoW, but I think the Steiners will get the job done.

Comments: The young up and comer goes over here.

Comments: Mystery partner gets the W.

Comments: Malenko shouldn't be losing to Wright I think.

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest? Rhodes vs. Savage

2. What match will go on first? Simmons, Steamboat and ??? vs. Harlem Heat and Johnny B Badd

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? JPL

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name. Vader and The Giant

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ? 2

7. How many titles will change hands? 1

Official Prediction Card

Comments: I've been pretty meh on Dustin's reign so far. It'll be cruel to build him up so far to take it away, but I think that's the path you should take.

Comments: WOOO

Comments: With the main event going the way of the KOW, faces win here

Comments: He's running wild

Comments: Reminder: this started over a beer

Comments: Debuts? Maybe?

Comments: Jericho's been great so far. Martel puts him over

Comments: The power of ???!

Comments: The Iceman Cometh

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments: Uh

Comments: Uhhhhhhhhhh

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest? Rhodes/Savage

2. What match will go on first? Steiners/?????s

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? JPL. If Candido retains, I'll have no problem

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name. Syxx and Vader

6. How many matches will be determined by count out/DQ? 1

7. How many titles will change hands? Counting the TV title, 2

Official Prediction Card

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest? Savage/Rhodes

2. What match will go on first? Martel/Jericho

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? Candido

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? Mr. Wonderful and Devon King

5. How many turns will there be? 3

7. How many titles will change hands? 0

Official Prediction Card

Comments: Rhodes has been a great champ but I think he is very transitional and will settle well in your upper midcard.

Comments: I think Anderson takes the fall.

Comments: Only for Bam Bam

Comments: By DQ, lets keep Pillman losing his mind.

Comments: If you want Steve Austin to take down the KoW give me a hell yeah!!!

Comments: This is the time Scott attacks Rick and goes on a singles run.

Comments: I wonder what the Y2J moment will be here in your diary for Jericho.

Comments: JUST FOR DA BOOKA T SUCKKAAAA

Comments: JUST FOR DA ICE MAN SUCKKAAA

Surge vs. The Willow

Comments: **** Willow, stupid umbrella holding Willow. But he wins here.

Comments: Lets go Annihilator???

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What match is rated highest? Rhodes vs Savage

2. What match will go on first? Pillman vs Hall

3. Chris Candido defends his TV title against JPL on the Worldwide pre-show. Who will leave as champion? JPL!!!!

4. Who are the KoW members taking on the Steiners? One point for each correct name. Scott Steiner and Vader

5. How many turns will there be? 1, Scott

7. How many titles will change hands? 2