WCW '94: War of the Thrones

<p><strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo</strong> vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments: Not Even the Heat can stop the King and The Colorado Rocky Monster</p><p> </p><p>

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Steve Austin</strong> vs. Lord Steven Regal w/Baron Tomas</p><p>

Comments: The Lord tastes the Stun Gun</p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Tag Team Championships</p><p>

<strong>The Road Warriors</strong> vs. Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright</p><p>

Comments: The Warriors Harleys smoke Badd and Wright</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>“Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes</p><p>

Comments: The Hot Rod hot scots the Natural</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Patriot w/Belle Libritis</strong> vs. “Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard</p><p>

Comments: The Star and Stripes are my team</p><p> </p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

WCW World Television Championship – <strong>California Kip w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Robert Gibson</p><p>

Comments: Kip is Cool</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): The King is too hot for the Heat</p><p>

Civility needs a Stun Gun</p><p> </p><p>

Comments on Previous Show:</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>WCW Saturday Night full card</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo</strong>vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Comments:Should be a very solid match</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Road Warriors</strong> vs. Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright</p><p>

<strong>“Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes</p><p>

<strong>The Patriot w/Belle Libritis</strong> vs. “Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard</p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

WCW World Television Championship – <strong>California Kip w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Robert Gibson</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): USA! USA!</p><p>

Austin=Ratings</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo</strong>vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments: Pffftttttt</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Everything good about mid 90s wrestling</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: The Road Warriors all day every day</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Just can't see Dustin pulling it off on TV</p><p> </p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

<strong>WCW World Television Championship – California Kip w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Robert Gibson</p>

WCW Saturday Night full card

Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo vs. Harlem Heat

Comments: Fairly easy pick.

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship

Steve Austin vs. Lord Steven Regal w/Baron Tomas

Comments: The Rebel vs. The Royal can really be a awesome feud.

WCW World Tag Team Championships

The Road Warriors vs. Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright

Comments: I sense a Johnny B. Badd heel turn right here.

“Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes

Comments: The Dusty Dust interferes here, maybe.

The Patriot w/Belle Libritis vs. “Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard

Comments: The Bodies are suddenly jobbers then.

On WCW Main Event

WCW World Television Championship – California Kip w/Jimmy Hart vs. Robert Gibson

Fairly early for Gunn's reign to end.

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): ''A MONSTER KING!''

''Austin 3:16 says: WHAT?''

Comments on Previous Show: Vader joining the KoW should be awesome, though i sense that there can be a turn here...Great episode. Keep up the good work, and answer my PM, bro, i have a huge thing to talk about with you ^^

<p>WCW Saturday Night full card</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo</strong> vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

<strong>The Road Warriors </strong>vs. Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright</p><p>

<strong>“Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart </strong>vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes</p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

WCW World Television Championship – <strong>California Kip w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Robert Gibson</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit):</p><p> </p><p>

<p><strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader</strong> w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments: This team is wow.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Good match.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: What an odd couple for the other squad. This might be a weird ending here, heel turn or something.</p><p> </p><p>

“Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart vs. <strong>“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes</strong></p><p>

Comments: I think by DQ, I don't really see a purpose for Piper to win unless it's via nefariousness.</p><p> </p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

WCW World Television Championship – <strong>California Kip w/Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Robert Gibson</p>

<p>WCW Saturday Night full card </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo</strong> vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments: I like the Heat, but they don't stand a chance</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Steve Austin </strong>vs. Lord Steven Regal w/Baron Tomas</p><p>

Comments: Regal gets a royal butt-whoopin'</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Johnny is going to B Badd and turn on Das Wunderpunk</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Kind of torn on this one, but I don't think Rhodes will beat Piper on TV.</p><p> </p><p>

The Patriot w/Belle Libritis vs. <strong>“Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard</strong></p><p>

Comments: I'm taking a flier and assuming you will split the singles victories before the tag match.</p><p> </p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): Dustin has to pay the Piper!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Comments on Previous Show:I look forward to your shows more than I do the televised stuff.</p>

<p><strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader</strong> w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments: No way are 2/4ths of the main event losing here. The Steiners and/or Road Warriors can get involved here to give the Heat an excuse.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I love Regal, but Austin's still got his match with Gordy.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Doomsday!</p><p> </p><p>

“Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart vs. <strong>“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes</strong></p><p>

Comments: This is an interesting one; I'll go with Dustin getting some kind of fluky win to protect Piper while creating some more tension between he and Hogan.</p><p> </p><p>

The Patriot w/Belle Libritis vs. <strong>“Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard</strong></p><p>

Comments: A split.</p><p> </p><p>

On WCW Main Event</p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): <strong>Don't Trust Johnny!</strong></p><p><strong>

Free Pillman!</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<p>Tomorrow is the day, my bruthas! Your <strong>24 Hour Prediction Warning</strong> is upon us!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WCW World Tag Team Championships<p> The Road Warriors vs. Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright</p><p> Comments: What an odd couple for the other squad. This might be a weird ending here, heel turn or something.</p></div></blockquote><p> Really? Because I've had Wright and Badd team a good bit over the past few months, due to excellent chemistry. But anytime they've ever dropped a match, Alex has not been pinned! Wright is still undefeated!</p><p> </p><p> Big thanks to everyone who has already predicted, and there will only be one Saturday Night/Main Event after Spring Stampede until we clear the board and start the summer contest!</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Already Predicted</span></p><p> TheBigBad1013</p><p> TheBooker</p><p> Chuck</p><p> The Final Countdown</p><p> RKOwnage</p><p> Smasher1311</p><p> TeflonBilly</p><p> Warhawk8492</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>WCW Television - April Week 2, 1995</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWSaturdayNight.png</span><p> <strong>WCW Saturday Night</strong></p><p> <em>2nd Week of April 1995</em></p><p><em> Held at: Interior Savings Centre in Kamloops, British Columbia</em></p><p><em> Attendance: 5,658 (sold out!)</em></p><p><em> Rating: B </em></p><p> </p><p> <strong> “Into the Great White North” </strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TonySchiavone.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/BobbyHeenan2.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JesseVentura.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> Tony Schiavone is right there after the Saturday Night opening to welcome everyone to the Great White North, as we are coming to you from British Columbia! Bobby says that people need to hide the maple syrup around here, because there’s enough hot action going on in WCW that they’re going to start melting the whole area! Tony agrees, bringing up our main event tonight that sees Harlem Heat taking on two men who may or may not be on the same page regarding Spring Stampede next week, “The Monster” Vader and WCW World’s champion Hollywood Hogan! Jesse gets his focus back, apparently he was thinking hard about a sign that says “Austin 3:16 says: WHAT?” says that the Heat are up against one of their biggest challenges ever, but he thinks that even if they lose, they’ll show that they can rise to the challenge. Tony says that there is also a big match for Dustin Rhodes, as he takes on Roddy Piper, and Alex Wright and Johnny B. Badd face off with the Road Warriors! Bobby says that this could end up being a bad night for somebody, and hopefully that will be the Kings of Wrestling. Tony closes by saying that before any of that, we have a US title match ahead of us, as Steve Austin takes on Lord Steven Regal, so let’s head to the ring for our opening contest!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: B</em></p><p><em> Notes: An odd off-night for Jesse, as he struggled with improvisation. Tony was masterful at it though, and Bobby did well, the two enjoying playing off one another.</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWUS.jpg</span><p> <span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin2.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevenRegal.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/LannyPoffo.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>WCW United States Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p><strong> Steve Austin vs. Lord Steven Regal w/Baron Tomas</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:8px;">Referee: Nick Patrick</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> A match with a lot of expectations, but it didn’t quite live up as much as we had hoped for. Jesse was in rare form here on commentary, talking about the conspiracy against Austin and Pillman; saying that Brian has already paid the price, and now this match is designed to soften Austin up for Spring Stampede. An “Austin=Ratings” sign is noticed in the crowd. The champion dared not look ahead toward Terry Gordy, as Lord Regal was more than a match for Austin in this one. Regal took Austin down time and time again with his trademark British-style offense. One fan holds up a sign reading “Civility needs a Stun Gun”, which earns him a sneer from the blue blood at ringside. Regal stays on top for a lot of the match, but a moment is all Austin needs to turn things around and hit the Stunner! Austin rolls on top and gets the win! Afterwards, Austin points out a sign in the front row saying “Free Pillman”, which Jesse agrees with wholeheartedly.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Winner in 16:14 and still United States champion: Steve Austin</em></p><p><em> Rating: C+</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JPL.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Out of the back comes JPL. He looks Austin over on his way past him, but mostly is there to laugh and taunt Regal for losing the match. His Lordship is less than pleased, getting the microphone from Gary Michael Cappetta and saying that if JPL thinks it’s so funny, then how humorous is this: the only way JPL will get Regal in the ring again like he wants so badly, is to go into Spring Stampede to face off with ALL the other members of his Ruthless Roundtable!</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Finlay.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> From out of nowhere comes Finlay! He assaults JPL from behind, smashing his face into the guardrail! Security starts coming out, as Finlay keeps raining punches down onto JPL, as Regal looks on in the ring – the frown from losing his match now completely gone.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: D+</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> </p><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ReyMysterio.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> “Mean” Gene brings out both Sting and Rey Mysterio Jr., and Gene asks them just where this new camaraderie has come from. Sting says that it stems from kindness, as Rey was backstage watching as Lex and Jake have been attacking “The Stinger” left and right, and he decided that enough was enough! Sting publically extends his hand and welcomes Mysterio to America and to WCW, telling him that he only asks one thing of him: to team up with Sting at Spring Stampede, to take on those vicious snakes, Luger and Roberts! Mysterio shakes Sting’s hand enthusiastically, saying that it will be his honor to team with Sting! He says he and Mascara are currently against Roberts and his own uncle Misterio Sr. down in AAA, and he can’t wait to get his hands on him north of the border as well! Gene says that it sounds like another exciting match has been added to Spring Stampede, so be sure to call your cable companies and order now!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: C+</em></p><p><em> Notes: Gene improvised quite well here, though Sting struggled a bit.</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickySteamboat.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Two of the four men in the Spring Stampede Four Corners match are hanging out backstage, talking about Dustin’s matchup later against Roddy Piper. “The Dragon” is helping Dustin strategize for the match, when they are joined in their conversation by a few other friends…</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArnAnderson.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Ric and Arn come up and pat Dustin on the back, as Steamboat looks annoyed. Rhodes embraces his other mentors though, going into small talk with them until Ricky asks them what they’re here about. Flair laughs, saying that he knows there’s no love lost between he and “The Dragon” no matter what happens, but at this point, they’re all on the same team – as long as somebody gets the title from Hogan, it doesn’t matter who. Flair does add that he heard what Steamboat said about him not long ago and he <em>could</em> take offense to it, but he’s not going to; instead, he’s living in the now, whooo, and right now, the two are here to watch Rhodes and Steamboat’s backs to be sure that the Kings of Wrestling don’t try anything before Spring Stampede! Dustin thanks his friends profusely, but Ricky’s thanks is not quite so thrilled. Flair adds that both of them are invited to the party afterwards, saying that Ricky can sit in the corner along with “this guy” (pointing to Anderson) in the husband’s section! Arn actually cracks a smile, as he tries to tell Flair that there’s nothing wrong with being a happy family man, but there’s no correcting Flair when he’s on a rant, and he and Arn leave in a chorus of whooo’s and talk of Space Mountain. Dustin just laughs, saying how much he gets a laugh out of Ric when he’s in that kind of mood, but Steamboat just gets back to business, talking about the match.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: B</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickSteiner.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ScottSteiner.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> Gene is back out to the arena, this time alongside two of the contenders for the World Tag Team titles, Rick and Scott Steiner! Gene asks the Steiners about Harlem Heat being added to the match at Spring Stampede. Scott says that he had no problem with that… until last week. He says he thought they were doing everyone in WCW a favor by taking out that fat traitor Dusty Rhodes, and they were prepared for two things: retribution from the Kings of Wrestling, and pats on the back from the rest of the roster. Instead, while Rick wasn’t at the arena, Booker and Stevie decided to jump him from behind. Rick chips in that they shoulda been thanking their lucky stars that the two of them didn’t just come in and steamroll them as soon as the Steiners got to the building! Scott says the only reason they haven’t, is because they hope that the Heat can defeat Hogan and Vader in the main event tonight. Next week, however – next week the Steiner Brothers take their revenge, because when they told Nick Bockwinkel that they wanted Harlem Heat in the ring, he jumped on signing the match immediately! Gene says that he’s probably hoping that the Steiners and Harlem Heat destroy one another before next week’s Spring Stampede, but the surprise comes when Scott says they’re counting on it! Rick says that after next Saturday when they get the brothers in the ring, they don’t look for Booker or Stevie to make it to Spring Stampede!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: C</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ThePatriot.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/Belle.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TomPrichard.jpg</span><p> <strong>The Patriot w/Belle Libritis vs. “Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:8px;">Referee: Randy Anderson</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> Sad to say, but this was just a fairly bad match. There were no bad marks as chemistry goes, nor were there any bad comments to be made about it. The Patriot just isn’t very good without someone to carry him, and when left to his own devices in a singles match, his flaws really shine through. But he does wave a good American flag, at least. Prichard tries to draw a good match out of him, but Patriot almost seems to be fighting against him on that, giving a Main Event quality match on Saturday Night. Finally, with an audible sigh of relief from the live crowd, Patriot does a quick go-behind and locks in a full nelson, before lifting Tom into the Uncle Slam to get the three count. At least Belle seems pleased with her client’s efforts afterward. One excited fan gets a kiss on the cheek from Belle form holding up a “USA! USA!” sign.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Winner in 7:17: The Patriot</em></p><p><em> Rating: D</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/CactusJack.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TerryFunk.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JesseVentura.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> Jesse “The Body” Ventura’s sit down interview with Cactus Jack this week has a special guest on hand, as Terry Funk joins his partner and protégé. Jack talks about how he looks at Terry as “the crazy uncle he would have loved to have” while growing up, and says that teaming with him the past few months has been like a dream come true. Funk says that he’s always kept an eye on Jack ever since he first showed up in WCW, and that taking him under his wing was one of the best decisions he ever made. Terry seems to let emotion overtake him, as he talks about Vader and how upset he was when he learned that their team would have to be put on hold for a few weeks when Jack was put out of action by “The Monster”, and Jack picks up the slack by saying that he’s giving Vader until next week at Spring Stampede to try and win the World championship – because after that, Cactus Jack will be back!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: C+</em></p><p><em> Notes: Jack did superb in his improvising, but Terry actually brought the segment down by not doing well.</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Waylon Mercy w/Col. Robert Parker vs. Shane Sewell</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:8px;">Referee: Randy Anderson</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> Just a quick squash match that showcases Waylon Mercy again, as he shakes hands with both young Shane Sewell and Randy Anderson before the match, but cheap shots Sewell right after. From there, it’s a lot of Shane doing his job, as he takes everything that Mercy decides he wants to give him, before locking on the Sleeperhold to get the fairly easy victory.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Winner in 3:59: Waylon Mercy</em></p><p><em> Rating: E</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TerryGordy.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Out in the parking lot, we see Waylon’s partner in the Stud Stable, Terry Gordy. He appears to be walking to his car, when we find that he’s not walking alone – he has a metal baseball bat with him! As he walks, he nods to the camera, before running ahead…</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin2.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> …and attacking Steve Austin from behind! Austin just barely dodges a wild swing of the bat, but it dents his pickup truck bed before he starts firing punches at Terry! Gordy takes the flurry though, and that he had anticipated a fight shows as he quickly gets the better of the US champion, slamming his head onto the front of the truck! Gordy delivers quite the beating to Austin, culminating in Terry taking the bat and slamming Austin’s knee with it! The challenger laughs over his fallen prey, as Austin curses him from the ground! Tony says that we have to get some help out there immediately for the champion, as Bobby wonders is Austin will have to forfeit the title at Spring Stampede now!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: C-</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Disco.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> We now have a pre-taped vignette starring the Disco Inferno, who is standing in a room “getting down” when he notices the camera. He says that he is here to talk about a growing problem: the ignorant people who come to him at the arenas and on the streets when he’s grooving with his boom box, who come up to him and tell him that disco sucks, or disco is dead! He says that he is an open-minded kinda guy, but it’s getting ridiculous! So, as he takes out a stack of papers, he says that he’s recorded the names of over one million people, and he’s here in Canada to try and submit a petition to have the BeeGees come out and play at Spring Stampede, so that people can see that disco is just as alive as it was in ‘69, baby! </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRichards.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> At the scent of a legal document, Richard Stevenson seems to just appear behind Disco, and he takes out his glasses and begins reading over the files. Stevenson introduces himself to Disco, “Richard Stevenson, attorney at law”, before he starts picking apart the document. He critiques the sloppy penmanship at the heading, saying that it looks as though it was written with so much glitter, a twelve year old girl must have had a hand in this. Disco says he was just trying to spice it up, when Stevenson says that it appears a few names are written down more than once. Disco sticks up for it, saying that a few of the signees were just so passionate that they must have gotten carried away, when Richard looks at him, saying that the handwriting is the same on all of these names – and they all match Disco’s own handwriting at the top of the document! Stevenson says that as an attorney at law, out to do the right thing at every turn, he cannot allow “Mr. Inferno” to submit this document – and he quickly throws it all in a nearby garbage can! Stevenson walks off, pleased, as Disco gets out his papers, which are now stained, and he sounds like he’s weeping as we fade out.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: D-</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianJames.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BradArmstrong.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WaylonMercy.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> We see video footage marked “Earlier This Week” of BG Armstrong. He’s walking down a street alongside big Waylon Mercy, and BG is talking to the camera. He says to it that we’re about to get some things done, because nothing is getting solved yet. When he gets to a specific house, the trio head up to the front door and walk right in!</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BobArmstrong.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> “Bullet” Bob Armstrong is sitting there, and he immediately jumps up from his easy chair to demand to know what’s going on! BG says that he and his buddies are here to talk things out. Bob tells them to get out of here, saying that BG and Brad aren’t welcome here anymore! BG says that there’s no reason to be that way “Daddy”, telling his father that they didn’t start this fight, Steve and Scott did! BG says that he and B-Rad were just minding their own, and then the brothers stepped in, and then Bob stepped in, and there’s been no reason for any of it. BG says that he’s just trying to get their father on their side, so he can tell them to knock it off! Bob says that he will not, and he’s also gonna be changing the house locks until he and Brad come to their senses! BG starts arguing about that, when Mercy steps forward and looks like he’s about to put his hands on Bob, but Scott and Steve come out of the other room. The sides even, the Stud Stable back down, leaving the home.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: E</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArtBarr.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> In a pre-taped vignette, we see Art Barr in front of a WCW banner. He talks about how at WCW vs. The World, he slapped the taste out of his long-time partner Eddie Guerrero’s mouth, but he did it out of love! He says that Eddie is a sick man, he’s been poisoned by the cheers of the fans north of the border. Barr says that if Guerrero turns his head around to the right path again, he would love to bring Los Gringos Locos to WCW and show them that the only good American you can find is a crazy American!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: E-</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcMero.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/AlexWright.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TeddyLong.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> Before we head into our next match, we go backstage with another “Earlier Tonight” graphic coming up at the bottom of the screen. We see Teddy Long and Johnny B. Badd coming up to “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright, who’s looking excited. Badd asks him what he was thinking, signing them up to face the Road Warriors – they’re still having problems with The Shooters, let along going after the World Tag Team titles! Wright replies that he thought what better way for Johnny to show his true colors, than to go right after the Kings of Wrestling and their property, and that should show the world – and Alex himself – that Badd really is on the level! Badd rolls his eyes, saying that he shouldn’t have to prove himself to anyone, but Alex shakes his head, saying that he thought he knew his partner; but now, he has to start from point one to show if he really is in league with the KoW, or if he’s with Wright! Alex walks off, leaving Badd and Long standing there alone to get ready.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: D</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldTag.jpg</span><p> <span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Hawk.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Animal.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcMero.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/AlexWright.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TeddyLong.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>WCW World Tag Team Championships</strong></p><p><strong> The Road Warriors vs. Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:8px;">Referee: Mark Curtis</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> One team in this match is having serious problems, and the other team are World Tag Team champions – however, Badd and Wright are able to pull together for the most part, despite a few very questionable tags from Alex to Johnny, as he keeps Badd in the ring longer than he himself is in there. At one brief moment while on the apron, Badd throws an irritated look toward a fan who’s sign decrees “Don’t Trust Johnny!” Hawk and Animal certainly exploit the issues between the two men, hurting Badd very badly before letting him inch toward the corner; just to see Alex not try very hard to get into the ring, yelling at Johnny to “prove yourself, Johnny!” Badd finally is able to make a separation, but an exuberant “Wunderkind” rushes into the ring without a tag and begins rocking the Warriors with a fast-paced flurry of moves! It looks as though this strategy of Wright’s could pay off, and Badd comes in and stands with his partner to take Hawk down with a dropkick! Wright goes up to the top rope, looking to hit a missile dropkick on Animal. Hawk gets up on the apron though, and when Johnny goes to intercept him, Hawk grabs him and drops Badd’s throat across the top rope, causing Wright to crotch himself on the top! Johnny staggers back into the waiting arms of the Animal, who delivers a ring-shaking powerslam! Mark Curtis gets to the mat when Hawk threatens him, and he counts the three! The Road Warriors retain, but there are bigger problems going on between Wright and Badd, as Alex argues with Teddy Long at ringside!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Winners in 10:22 and still World Tag Team champions: The Road Warriors</em></p><p><em> Rating: C+</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/LexLuger.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GordonSolie.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> Gordon Solie is standing by at the entrance ramp when we come back from break, and he brings out his guest, “Total Package” Lex Luger. Solie asks where Jake Roberts is, and Luger says that Jake had some business to take care of back in AAA tonight, but that he will be here next week. Luger keeps it short and sweet, accepting Sting’s challenge for next week’s Spring Stampede for a tag team matchup, saying that he and Jake will love the chance to not only beat the paint off “The Stinger” but also to knock that goofy mask off the face of that little punk Rey Mysterio Jr!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: B</em></p><p><em> Notes: Much credit to Lex; when given the chance to improvise, he’s proven very good at it. He was quite masterful here.</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpg</span><p> <strong> “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper w/Jimmy Hart vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:8px;">Referee: Nick Patrick</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> Two men of this caliber of athlete, as well as being given the time to tell a very good story, means this is one very good match for being done on free television. Piper knows exactly how to rile up a crowd, using stall tactics at first in order to get both the audience and Dustin to grow frustrated, but when he starts getting on the attack, he pulls no punches. Whereas his partner, Hogan, will take time to taunt his downed opponent, Roddy takes no such time out of his assault, showing that while he doesn’t wrestle as much as his KoW counterparts, he’s still very dangerous in his own right. Jimmy Hart plays up his role on the outside, distracting Dustin when he begins making his comebacks and working at his confidence by screaming things at him through the trusty megaphone. Also, Hart gives a pat on the back to a front row fan who’s sign says “Dustin has to pay the Piper!” Rhodes has his father’s old never-say-die attitude though, and he man’s up after taking so much punishment by raising to his feet and screaming at the “Hot Rod” to give him more! Piper obliges, as Jesse wonders if we aren’t seeing a classic rope-a-dope right here! The Scot is indeed beginning to tire, and that brings new life to Dustin, who starts hammering him with a flurry of Bionic Elbows and two big running clotheslines! Things look like they’re going Dustin’s way, and he looks to finish Piper off, when Jimmy Hart jumps on the apron! Dustin loses his focus, as he goes over and punches Hart! But Roddy locks him into his own dreaded Sleeperhold, and it saps that adrenaline rush right out of “The Natural”! Rhodes looks to be fading, but a commotion can be heard from the aisle as Rick Martel comes out with a microphone. He yells to get Piper’s attention, and says that he was just informed that next week on Saturday Night, Roddy is banned from the building – and right in his home of Quebec, Martel will take on Hollywood Hogan for the World Heavyweight title! Piper releases the hold in shock, asking who authorized that, as Dustin gets his bearings and charges with a running bulldog from behind! Dustin covers – 1, 2, 3!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Winner in 16:03: Dustin Rhodes</em></p><p><em> Rating: B</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RonSimmons.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> When we come back from break, Tony says that there was a big ruckus backstage while we were on commercial, and he says that cameras were able to capture it. We see big Ron Simmons backstage, upset that he was told to come to Saturday Night but when he got here, found out he wasn’t given a match on the card. He angrily throws his clothes into his bag, ready to leave, when he’s confronted by his Spring Stampede opponent…</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RandySavage.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> “Macho Man” Randy Savage! Savage stops Simmons at the door and starts insulting the former All-American, saying that despite being in Canada now, if someone takes a look in the record books from Mexico, they’ll see that before the pay-per-view WCW vs. The World, there was a six man tag match that saw “The Macho Man” getting the three count on one Ron Simmons! Simmons looks madder than before now, as he tells Savage that come Spring Stampede it’s gonna be a whole different story, but Savage says that he has twenty-five hundred dollars that say otherwise. Ron looks confused…</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ScottHall.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> …But out of nowhere comes Scott Hall with an attack! Hall and Savage start beating down Ron, kicking and stomping him into the ground, the sneak attack and numbers game both too much for him. Hall jokes about how he’s glad to do business with Savage… but the cavalry arrives!</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArnAnderson.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> “The Nature Boy” and “The Enforcer” charge onto the scene, Flair wanting to get a piece of Hall! Scott quickly says he wasn’t paid enough to handle this, and he flees in a hurry, as does Savage! Arn pulls Flair back, telling him to wait till next week, and the two tend to Ron.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: C+</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickySteamboat.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/NickBockwinkel.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Ricky Steamboat, meanwhile, is watching a monitor when Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel approaches. Nick says that he wants to talk to Ricky about something, and keeps his attention rather than letting him leave to go help Flair or Anderson. Nick says that it has to do with Spring Stampede, and that gets Steamboat’s attention. Nick says that there may be a problem next week, something important that can’t be avoided.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/LilH.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Jeep.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> From behind rush Hogan’s Heroes! The Jeep runs over Steamboat with a big clubbing shot to the back of the head, and Little Hollywood comes along with clubbing forearms to the back. The two do a real number on “The Dragon” which ends with them smashing his head into the wall! Steamboat’s forehead bounces off the block wall, and down to the ground he goes. Nick leans over as the two burly bodyguards high five and laugh, and he tells the unconscious Steamboat that the problem is, he may not make it to the Four Corners match!</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: C-</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Vader.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/Queen.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/SonnyOnoo.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BookerT.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRay.jpg</span><p> <strong>Hollywood Hogan & “The Monster” Vader w/The Queen & Sonny Onoo vs. Harlem Heat</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:8px;">Referee: Tommy Young</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> Hollywood looks very smug throughout this one, likely knowing about the attack that just took place on title challenger Ricky Steamboat. Vader either doesn’t seem to know about it, or he isn’t letting it faze him, and he stays focused on the match at hand. The Heat are no pushovers for the two men in the Four Corners match, but commentary mostly talk about how Hollywood is offering to pay Vader to take a dive at Spring Stampede for him. That doesn’t stop this from being a really good match, as the level of star power and quality action have the Kamloops crowd in a frenzy from start to finish. Vader does most of the dirty work, as Hollywood stays on the apron until Booker or Stevie are down on the mat. Once they start mounting a comeback, he angers the crowd by hitting a cheap shot (either an eye rake or sometimes a low blow) and tagging back out. Hogan’s antics serve to only irritate the World Tag Team contenders, but Vader was in it to hurt the brothers. The end came just as the rest of the match was: Hollywood was working over Stevie Ray, taunting him as he did so, until Stevie came back with a vengeance. Each man made a tag, but Booker T ran into a brick wall. When Vader punched a weakened Stevie down to the floor, Booker was left all alone to suffer a Vaderbomb and take a pinfall. A sign in the crowd said “The King is too hot for the Heat”, and it appears they were correct.</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Winners in 11:51: Hollywood Hogan & Vader</em></p><p><em> Rating: B</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpg</span><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Vader.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> The match over, “The Monster” rolls out of the ring and joins Onoo in heading toward the aisle to leave. He glances back into the ring when Hollywood gets his attention toward the ropes, and Hogan makes the money motion with his fingers, saying that he’ll have the check for Vader next week if he knows what’s good for him! Vader looks on, tilting his head in thought, as Tony wonders what’s going on in Vader’s mind! A fan holds a sign toward him reading “A MONSTER KING!” The credits start to roll on the show as Hollywood is all smiles, but Vader looks very conflicted. </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>Rating: B-</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWMainEvent-1.jpg</span><p> <strong>WCW Main Event</strong></p><p> <em>Commentary: Gordon Solie, Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff</em></p><p><em> Rating: D+</em></p><p> </p><p> Gordon, Tony, and Eric talk about happenings in WCW (D+)</p><p> Sgt. Craig “Pitbull” Pittman d. Mark Starr (E-)</p><p> Paul Orndorff and Hogan’s Heroes d. Jumpin’ Joey Maggs, “Wildfire” Tommy Rich, and Tracy Smothers (D-)</p><p> “Guardian Angel” Bubba Rogers d. Johnny Canuck (D+)</p><p> Rick Martel runs out and attacks Bubba Rogers, a receipt from last Saturday Night (D+)</p><p> Juventud Guerrera d. Devon Storm (E+)</p><p> Gordon Solie interviews Hollywood Hogan and his Hogan’s Heroes, Hogan putting over his bodyguards (D+)</p><p> Super Nova d. Adam Copeland (D-)</p><p> California Kip d. Robert Gibson to retain the World Television title, via a distraction from Paul Orndorff (C-)</p><p> After the match, Ricky Morton and Meng join in, the Rock ‘n Roll Express and Wonderful Destruction Crew brawling to the back (D)</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> Notes:<p> Tony Schiavone’s gimmick was growing stale, so he has switched to a Sportscaster (Wholesome) gimmick, which rated 100!</p><p> Johnny Canuck was given the gimmick of a Patriot (Gimmicky), which rated 72.</p><p> Adam Copeland was given the gimmick of Thrill Seeker (Realistic), rating 85.</p><p> Shane Sewell was given the gimmick of Suave (Realistic), rating 96.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWlogo.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>WCW Hotline: April 1995, Week 3</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWHotline.jpg</span><p> <strong>WCW Hotline</strong></p><p><strong> 3rd Week of April 1995</strong></p><p> <em>Option 1: Spring Stampede Control Center!</em></p><p><em> Option 2: Former World champion retires!</em></p><p><em> Option 3: Staying part of the family!</em></p><p><em> Option 4: WCW Saturday Night preview!</em></p><p><em> Option 5: Last week’s ratings!</em></p><p><em> Option 6: “The Professor’s” lesson of the week!</em></p><p><em> Option 7: Mean Gene’s rumor corner!</em></p><p><em> Option 8: That Other Show!</em></p><p><em> Option 9: A gift from the WCW Catalog!</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 1: Spring Stampede Control Center!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two more big matches signed for Spring Stampede last Saturday Night, as JPL takes on the Ruthless Roundtable of Finlay, Earl William Clayton, and Baron Leonard Tomas; and a tag team match that spans two promotions as Lex Luger teams with Jake “The Snake” Roberts to take on Sting and high-flying Rey Mysterio Jr.! Also having been signed for the card, a huge eight man tag team matchup as Bob, Scott, and Steve Armstrong team with Steve’s Young Pistols partner Tracy Smothers to take on BG and Brad Armstrong, Waylon Mercy, and a ringer brought in by Colonel Parker in Sgt. Craig “Pitbull” Pittman! </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 2: A former World champion hangs up the boots!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Former World champion The Iron Sheik has officially announced his retirement from pro wrestling this week. The Sheik is going to start working in non-wrestling roles from here out, and seems excited to take part in commentary or managing. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 3: Staying as part of the family!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Brad Armstrong has signed a contract extension to stay a part of WCW for a few years to come. Hopefully at some point in these years, he realizes his career could be better without Colonel Parker managing it! </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 4: WCW Saturday Night preview!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Spring Stampede is only a day away, but WCW Saturday Night could change the landscape of the entire show in one night! Hometown boy Rick Martel has said last week that “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper has been barred from the building as he takes a shot at the World’s Heavyweight championship right in his home of Quebec! What would it mean for the Four Corners match were Martel to win the belt? And can anyone topple the Godfather of the KoW, Hollywood Hogan? The only way to find out is to tune into WCW Saturday Night!<p> </p><p> Speaking of Hollywood Hogan, he has promised that Vader will take his blank check and lay down at Spring Stampede for him! But “The Monster” has been very tight-lipped about the whole situation. Will Vader accept the payoff? Find out this Saturday!</p><p> </p><p> Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat hasn’t been cleared to wrestle on this show, but has said that he will be alright by the next night. But with “The Dragon” in the building, he will likely have words for the Kings of Wrestling!</p><p> </p><p> The feud down in Mexico has spilled over, clear up into Canada! This week, Rey Mysterio Jr. takes on Jake “The Snake” Roberts in singles action, ahead of the big tag team matchup at Spring Stampede! Who will come out ahead in this one, and will Sting and “The Total Package” be far behind?</p><p> </p><p> Also on the show, Steve Austin is forced to defend his United States championship again, this time against WCW newcomer Art Barr! Austin has said that he’s going to have some words for Commissioner Bockwinkel that could only be four letters long!</p><p> </p><p> The Road Warriors’ open challenges roll on, the Steiner Brothers take on Harlem Heat, and The Shooters finally face off against “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright and Johnny B. Badd again to finally settle their feud! And all your favorite stars will be on hand, as the most star-studded, hottest wrestling show on television comes to you at 6:05PM ET only on WCW Saturday Night!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 5: Last week’s Neilson ratings!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WCW Saturday Night on TBS stayed strong with a 6.25 rating, while on the BBC we jumped ahead to a 7.5! The taping on DSF drew a 0.37, and on TV Hokkaido stayed the same at 0.19. WCW Main Event dipped slightly to a 0.57. Raw this week? They fell below a 5, down to a 4.95 on USA. And here we thought there was an actual war going on!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 6: “The Professor’s” lesson of the week!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We heard some words from Art Barr this past Saturday Night, for longtime partner Eddie Guerrero. For those who don’t know, Barr and Guerrero have been partners for a few years in Mexico, under both the names La Paraja del Terror, and in a big stable known as Los Gringos Locos. Art’s words about Eddie turning his back to get the fan’s approval is the first time we’ve seen these two friends share such a disagreement, but hopefully soon we can hear from Guerrero himself about the matter! </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 7: Mean Gene’s rumor corner!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With WCW looking to go international soon, the plan seems to be a jump to three television programs during the week. World Championship Wrestling are potentially even looking to get a show to run head-to-head with Monday Night Raw! I’ll have more news as it develops, so stay tuned to the WCW Hotline! </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 8: That Show You Aren’t Watching!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Monday Night Who’s taping from the Boston Gardens sure could have used a better show. Really now, guys; the big guy over Tonto as the main event? The facepainted freak beating one of the Tag champs? Don’t make us laugh so hard, guys! </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Option 9: A special gift from the WCW Catalog!</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Press zero after the tone to receive a gift card for 30% off a six-month subscription to WCW Magazine! Read what the big boys read, and keep up to date on all your favorite (and least favorite!) superstars of World Championship Wrestling! </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35691" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>WCW Saturday Night full card </p><p> </p><p> WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p> Hollywood Hogan w/The Queen vs. Rick Martel</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> WCW United States Heavyweight Championship</p><p> Steve Austin vs. Art Barr</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> WCW World Tag Team Championships</p><p> The Road Warriors vs. ???</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> The Steiner Brothers vs. Harlem Heat</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long vs. The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): </p><p> </p><p> Comments on Previous Show: </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Official Prediction Standings</span></p><p> alvarasus: 0 Win</p><p> |Anderz|: 0 Win</p><p> Astil: 1 Win</p><p> angeldelayette: 7 Win</p><p> BestForTheBusiness: 1 Win</p><p> TheBigBad1013: 4 Win</p><p> TheBooker: 7 Win</p><p> Chuck: 11 Win</p><p> Destiny: 0 Win</p><p> Gentleman Raven: 1 Win</p><p> justtxyank: 1 Win</p><p> The Final Countdown: 8 Win</p><p> franticloser: 1 Win</p><p> kingdracon: 0 Win</p><p> pakonruff: 4 Win</p><p> Rare Kuma: 3 Win</p><p> RingRider: 0 Win</p><p> Ritchardo: 5 Win</p><p> RKOwnage: 6 Win</p><p> Rob5KC: 0 Win</p><p> Russelrules44: 3 Win</p><p> Smasher1311: 7 Win</p><p> SteenBTW: 0 Win</p><p> TeflonBilly: 11 Win</p><p> Warhawk8492: 5 Win</p><p> Waters: 0 Win</p><p> Wee Bob: 1 Win</p></div><p></p><p></p>

WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Hollywood Hogan w/The Queen</strong> vs. Rick Martel</p><p>

<strong>Steve Austin</strong> vs. Art Barr</p><p>

<strong>The Road Warriors</strong> vs. ???</p><p>

<strong>Jake “The Snake” Roberts</strong> vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.</p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong> vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long vs. <strong>The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko</strong></p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): Vince fears WCW</p><p>

Push The Shooters!</p><p> </p><p>

<p>WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

Comments: No Way the Model beats the King</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Art puts up a great fight but loses </p><p> </p><p>

Comments: The Road Warriors burn up the competition</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: The Snake charms the young high flyer</p><p> </p><p>

The Steiner Brothers vs. <strong>Harlem Heat</strong></p><p>

Comments: The Heat burn the Steiners</p><p> </p><p>

Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long vs. <strong>The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko</strong></p><p>

Comments: Shooters reign supreme</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): The Model is not fit to beat the King</p><p>

Steve Austin is Stone Cold to the bone</p><p> </p><p>

Comments:</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Jake “The Snake” Roberts</strong> vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.</p><p>

Comments:</p>

</p><p><strong>

Jake “The Snake” Roberts</strong> vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long</strong> vs. The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko</p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit):</p><p> </p><p>

<p>So barring random circumstances, I think I'm going to have Saturday Night up around <strong>24 Hours</strong>. Spring Stampede's preview will be up right alongside it.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Already Predicted</span></p><p>

TheBigBad1013</p><p>

TheBooker</p><p>

Warhawk8492</p><p>

w4lru5</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Comments: Yeah...sorry, Rick, but no.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: The real question is whether Barr will have any interaction with Eddie.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Rey winning isn't impossible; I think you've said Jake is only in WCW for a short time, whereas I expect Rey to be full-time eventually if he's not already. Still, a loss here would feel out of place I think.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: More turmoil.</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): <strong>Forget Martel--Queen is The Model!</strong></p><p><strong>

Don't Trust Alex!</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Strong fight by Martel but Hogan takes this one of course.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Art takes it to Austin but he isn't ready for the US Title by any means.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I'm unsure who you could ever get to debut and win against the Warriors. A part of me hopes I'm wrong and blown away though.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hollywood Hogan</strong> w/The Queen vs. Rick Martel</p><p>

Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. <strong>Rey Mysterio Jr.</strong></p><p>

Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long vs. <strong>The Shooters</strong> w/Larry Zbyszko</p><p>

WCW Saturday Night full card

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Hollywood Hogan w/The Queen vs. Rick Martel

Comments: OMG, stop jobbing Martel, you idiot :mad::p

Steve Austin vs. Art Barr

Comments: If Eddie Guerrero debuts, then Barr will move to a better place on the card.

The Road Warriors vs. ???

Comments: If the mystery team is the team that i think that it is...OMG, i love you.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Comments: Builds him up for the match with Sting at...the Bash, maybe?

The Steiner Brothers vs. Harlem Heat

Comments: The LOD takes out both.

Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long vs. The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko

Comments: The JBB turn shall happen.

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): I won't put because you probably don't have time to insert them.

Comments on Previous Show:

Comments: This would be AWESOME if Rick won hahaha.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Something Eddie-related could happen..</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Keep it going. But if any of these titles change hands, it's this one.</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Not yet for Rey.</p><p> </p><p>

<p>Just quick predictions since I am behind the eight-ball here. lol.</p><p> </p><p>

Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. <strong>Rey Mysterio Jr.</strong></p><p>

<strong>Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long</strong> vs. The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko</p><p>

<p>WCW Saturday Night full card </p><p> </p><p>

The Steiner Brothers vs. Harlem Heat</p><p>

Comments: Draw thanks to LOD interference</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs (two-sign limit): </p><p> </p><p>

WCW Television - April Week 3, 1995

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWSaturdayNight.png

WCW Saturday Night

3rd Week of April 1995

Held at: Uniprix Stadium Room in Montreal, Quebec

Attendance: 6,602

Rating: B

“A Monster’s Choice”

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Kip.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/GuardianAngel.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg

We head out to the parking garage for the start of the show, and we see four of the Kings of Wrestling strolling up to the entrance of the building. Security stop them at the door though, saying that Kip, Rogers, and Hart can move along, but they have orders to stop Piper from entering the Uniprix Stadium tonight! Roddy tells them to go on ahead, but send Nick out; “We’ll handle this, and you guys are gonna lose your jobs!”

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TonySchiavone.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/BobbyHeenan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JesseVentura.jpg

From there we go to Tony, Bobby, and Jesse, as Schiavone welcomes everyone to WCW Saturday Night from Montreal! Behind them we can see a sign that says “Vince fears WCW!” He says that we are only about 26 hours away from Spring Stampede 1995, but don’t turn the channel fans because we have a lot of action coming to you right here tonight! Tony starts giving a run-down of tonight’s matches, as Hollywood Hogan defends the World Heavyweight title against Montreal’s own Rick Martel. Ventura says that much as he doesn’t want to admit it this way, he hasn’t seen Martel with any gold in a long, long time, and he doesn’t think he’ll be able to pull the miracle off tonight. Bobby says that with Piper out of the building, there may be a chance, though the KoW never operate on an even playing field. Ventura brings up the travesty that is the United States title being defended tonight as well, and Heenan says that as much as he doesn’t like it, Nick Bockwinkel has played this like a fiddle; these two weeks, Austin is being forced into matches against men with wildly different styles, having to prepare for men who are certainly NOT Terry Gordy. “The Brain” says again, he doesn’t like it, but brilliant. Tony says that we will also be hearing from all your favorite stars of WCW, but right now it’s time for our first contest, a heated feud from Mexico, so let’s head down to Gary Michael Cappetta!

Rating: C+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JakeRoberts.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ReyMysterio.jpg

Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Referee: Nick Patrick

Oddly no appearance by Mike Tenay for this one, but they do okay without him. Commentary talk about the KoW, and about Sting’s rivalry with Jake and Luger for the most part anyways. They do marvel at Rey’s high flying, acrobatic offense, and how he keeps Jake on his toes by utilizing his entire body as a weapon instead of just his hands or feet. The crowd seem to be moving behind Rey as he has started participating in this high profile feud. Roberts slows him down off of his own skill though, turning it into his style of methodical assault through the middle of the match. Mysterio starts trying to make his comeback, but while Jake has referee Nick Patrick’s attention, Rey tries to springboard off the ropes – but they get shaken out from under him! Lex Luger had hit the ring, and he hides behind the ringpost as Jake lifts the rattled Mysterio and drills him with the DDT. As Jesse says, “it doesn’t if you’re in America, Canada, Mexico, or Timbuktu, it’s lights out after Jake’s DDT.”

Winner in 9:07: Jake Roberts

Rating: C+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting2.jpg

Before any further damage can be done, “The Stinger” rushes out to the ring to chase Jake and Luger away from Rey Mysterio. The two faces play to the crowd, as the heels slink away to fight again another day.

Rating: C

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickMartel.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RonSimmons.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

“Mean” Gene comes out to the aisle now, and he brings out his guests Ron Simmons and World title contender tonight and hometown hero, Rick Martel! The two get a very good reaction from the crowd, but it seems to take Martel off his game as he gets a little overwhelmed. He talks about how he was so happy to get a second chance here in WCW, and it has led him to here, where he has a shot to win the World Heavyweight championship in his own home of Montreal! Simmons explains that he’s here for Rick tonight, to try and keep men like Roddy Piper and Randy Savage from interrupting the match. Gene wishes Martel the best in the upcoming match, and hopes he can see him holding that title up in victory tonight!

Rating: B-

Notes: This one was plagued by some weak improvising from both Rick and Ron.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcMero.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/AlexWright.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TeddyLong.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DeanMalenko.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/LanceStorm.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/LarryZbyszko.jpg

Johnny B. Badd & “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright w/Teddy Long vs. The Shooters w/Larry Zbyszko

Referee: Mark Curtis

A sign in the crowd says “Push The Shooters!”, and while not his intention with it, that is exactly what happens, as Badd and Wright push the duo to their limits in this one. Heenan jokes that he looks forward to this one in order to see Dean and Lance shoot on “Das Wunderpunk”. Larry does more to influence the match than Teddy does, but the managers end up in an argument outside the ring by the end of the match. As one fan’s sign implores “Don’t trust Alex!”, Badd and Wright throw suspicious stares at one another throughout the contest, but they still have their good teamwork down. Johnny gets caught up by playing to the crowd and stretched out by Malenko and Storm, Dean using a lot of submission wrestling and Storm coming in to hit a few big moves. Jesse talks about how Badd playing to the crowd instead of keeping the advantage is why Dean and Lance targeted him at the start of this rivalry, as they want to show that real wrestling trumps flamboyancy any day. By the time Johnny makes it over to his corner, Wright is ready to jump in, and he takes it to their opponents with fire! Instead of last week, he and Badd keep out of one another’s way, Badd only rushing in to yank Dean out of the ring and leave Wright and Storm alone. Lance tries to lock on a single leg crab, but Alex’s long legs won’t allow it, and he kicks Storm off into the turnbuckles, and on the rebound Wright is able to duck behind and hook him with a German suplex – Wright bridges up, and as Badd and Long hold Dean and Larry back, Mark Curtis counts the three to give it to Badd and Wright!

Winners in 8:26: Johnny B. Badd & Alex Wright

The match over, Johnny B. Badd and Teddy Long start heading backstage but curiously Alex Wright does not. He asks for Gary’s microphone, and he says that in his time of WCW so far, he’s seen a lot of things; but one thing that should never change, is the honor in which a person holds and defends their championships. He says that one title he’s seen fall by the wayside that should never be forgotten is the World Television title, and so he’s calling out “supposed titleholder” California Kip to have a match this Sunday on WCW Main Event!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Kip.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg

Kip, Jimmy Hart at his side, comes out with a big smile on his face, as Badd and Long rejoin Wright in the ring. Badd can be seen asking Alex what he’s doing, and Kip asks just why Alex thinks a little pipsqueak like him deserves a title shot. Wright says that ever since he joined World Championship Wrestling, he has had a lot of matches – but nobody has pinned his shoulders to the mat yet! And if being undefeated in this long doesn’t qualify him for a Television title match, then nothing ever will! Wright calls Kip a coward, saying that he’s barely defended the belt and saying it is just a prop to him, but it will mean so much more around the waist of “Das Wunderkind”! Kip says that if Alex wants to lose that undefeated streak so badly, then it will be his pleasure to end it for him! Johnny and Teddy start hyping Alex up, as Kip and Hart head backstage.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArnAnderson.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickySteamboat.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpg

Tony says that this is some footage recorded last week after Saturday Night went off the air, as we see Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. Ric is all smiles, happy that he got his hands ever so briefly on Scott Hall, and the two look dressed to the nines and ready to hit the town! Yelling can be heard from out of the room, and in bursts Ricky Steamboat, with Dustin Rhodes trailing behind as he tries to tell him to calm down! Steamboat gets right in Flair’s face, and tells him that he knew he and Dustin couldn’t trust him, not even for one night to watch their backs! Steamboat asks where the heck Ric and Arn were while he was getting beaten down by Hogan’s cronies, and Ric replies he had no idea that was going on – the two were getting help for Ron Simmons when that happened! “The Dragon” is hot, and he yells back that he thinks Flair wanted him to be attacked, to get him out of the way! Flair now ruffles his feathers up, saying that he’s been willing to let bygones be bygones and be Steamboat’s ally during this dustup with the KoW, even though he’s heard what Steamboat has had to say about him, but this is the last straw! Flair gets right in Steamboat’s face now too, and tells him that anytime he wants to step up again, Flair will always be the one to knock him back down! Arn and Dustin are now actively trying to pull the two apart before a fight breaks out, and Arn finally gets Ric pulled away, but not before Steamboat rips Flair’s jacket! The shot scrolls away as the two legends are still screaming at one another, but Bobby says that he talked to Ric during last week, and says that even though Steamboat has not been fair to Flair, he has extended the olive branch and apologized; Flair swears. Tony rolls his eyes, saying he’s not too sure about that, knowing how hot-tempered Ric Flair can be, but nevertheless, the Kings of Wrestling may be doing a good job of turning everyone against one another here in WCW.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWUS.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArtBarr.jpg

Steve Austin vs. Art Barr

Referee: Nick Patrick

The crowd didn’t start off thinking of Barr as a contender here, but following last week’s very technical-based matchup against Lord Regal, Austin is taken out of his element when against the high flying offensive attack that he’s hit with here. Art flies around the ring and wrestles circles around the champion, wearing him out and striking when he’s tired. Austin takes his time though, and comes back from his handicaps with a few well-placed right hands. With a fan in the front row showing a sign that says “Steve Austin is Stone Cold to the bone!” Barr finds himself being stomped in the corner, which takes the wind out of him, and despite regaining the lead enough to go up for his Frog Splash, Austin rolls out of the way of the maneuver and lands the Stunner to get the victory and retain his title for one more day.

Winner in 12:05 and still US champion: Steve Austin

Rating: C-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/kow.jpg

Back in the KoW’s plush locker room, Hollywood Hogan and “Macho Man” Randy Savage are chitchatting while watching the show on a live monitor, as The Queen files her fingernails. Jimmy Hart is off in the corner listening to music, as into the room walks Commissioner Bockwinkel and Roddy Piper. Piper is talking about how scarred he was to be kept waiting outside like a common animal, and Bockwinkel says that he has no idea how that order got sent. Hogan interrupts, saying that if there’s a problem somewhere, Nick needs to take care of it yesterday. Savage adds that if the KoW don’t have all the power around here, then it’s gonna be Nick’s fault because he couldn’t handle his side of the deal. Hollywood says that now we’re all here, it’s time to do some business, and that means figuring out some things about tonight. Piper asks what the plan is about Vader, but Hogan says that he has no doubts about he and Onoo taking the money and laying down at Spring Stampede. Nick says he has some information that Hogan will really enjoy about tonight, and that has him all ears, as we head back out to the arena.

Notes: Hogan and Piper did some great work here, though Savage came off as very rambling.

Sgt. Craig “Pitbull” Pittman vs. Sean Morley

Referee: Randy Anderson

In this quick match, we establish that Colonel Robert Parker has come to the ring along with Pittman. Tony says that Pittman was announced as Parker’s “ringer” for the eight man tag match coming up at Spring Stampede, and he proves himself in this one by dismantling the young Canadian star before locking in the Code Red armbar submission to get the victory.

Winner in 5:12: Sgt. Craig Pittman

Rating: E

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertFuller.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianJames.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BradArmstrong.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Pittman.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

“Mean” Gene catches up to Pittman and Parker on their way out, and the pleased Colonel waves to the back as the Armstrong Brothers join them. Parker says that there is no way the “white bread Armstrongs and their little buddy Tracy” can defeat his team at Spring Stampede tomorrow night. BG adds in that “Dad had a chance to stop all this, but now that B-to-the-G and B-Rad Armstrongs are gonna hafta show why we’re the ones who will be remembered most of the whole fam-damily!” Pittman just looks intense, and Brad nods along, as Okerlund says that he would wish them luck, but he just doesn’t want to. Parker starts to yell at him, as Okerlund says to call the WCW Hotline.

Rating: E+

Notes: Gene took on this group with great timing, improvising well off all the factors.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ScottHall.jpg

Tony says that they’re telling him there is a huge commotion going on backstage, and we go back to see Scott Hall and “Nature Boy” Ric Flair fighting at one another’s throats again! The two roll around trying to make good contact, but before any damage can ensue, a group of other wrestlers led by Arn Anderson hear the racket and come in to break the two up.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickSteiner.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ScottSteiner.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BookerT.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRay.jpg

The Steiner Brothers vs. Harlem Heat

Referee: Randy Anderson

These two teams will do battle with one another in twenty-four hours with the World Tag Team championships hanging in the balance, but on this night they square off for pride. The two teams of brothers put on a very good match as television goes, all four men at the top of their game here as the crowd are torn between which duo to cheer for. Everybody takes their turn at hitting their big moves, showing off and using one-upsmanship type tactics to drive home the point that each of them are worthy foes for the Road Warriors. Bobby Heenan says outright that he doesn’t like this at all, as it is WCW fighting itself when the two teams should be working together against the KoW, but Jesse Ventura says that he understands this much ego in one place cannot allow that. The crowd are able to find something to jeer, however, as right in front of Randy Anderson, Hawk and Animal hit the ring and assault their two challengers, drawing a no contest. The Road Warriors flex while standing over their weakened enemies, as Tony mentions in passing that next week, “American Outlaw” Dusty Rhodes should be back on WCW Saturday Night alongside all his clients.

Winners in 9:33: No Contest by interference

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GordonSolie.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/MikeTenay.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/EricBischoff.jpg

Gordon, Eric, and staff newcomer Mike Tenay are backstage to tell everyone that Spring Stampede isn’t the only WCW show coming up tomorrow, and they urge you to check out WCW Main Event on TBS at 7:05 PM ET. Eric shills the two title matches that are set for the show, California Kip defending against Alex Wright and Orndorff and Meng defending against the Rock ‘n Roll Express. Tenay says that he’s excited to see some of the young Canadian athletes who WCW are taking a look at, and Gordon ends the segment saying to tune in to see the Main Event before the main event!

Rating: D-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/NickBockwinkel.jpg

“I Drink Alone” blares over the loudspeakers, as to the ring again comes the United States champion, Steve Austin. He has a beer in one hand and his title in the other, wearing his shorts and sleeveless t-shirt, as he calls out WCW Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel. The KoW leader enters the ring in his three piece suit to no music, the stark contrast between the two never more evident. Nick says that he made sure to make this time because he wanted to be the last man who wishes Austin well as he begins searching for a new job Monday morning. Nick says that there is no way that a plebian like Austin has any chance of keeping down a prestigious championship like this when faced with the crushing weight of both the Kings of Wrestling’s influence and the Stud Stable’s prize. He says that after Johnny was a flop in his plans, he thought that Austin running his mouth would be enough on its own to make Duggan fired up and take the belt, but that was a failure as well. He says that even now, knowing that he sent Duggan away from WCW to a life of shame in “smoky barrooms down south” Austin has no word or no sign of regret for his actions. Bockwinkel says that this, along with the beer drinking and the middle fingers, is why he is not fit to stay in a position where he can have young children look up to him; “Maybe in some backwater hole in Philly, but not here in MY World Championship Wrestling”, saying that Steve Austin is not and will never be a good role model for anyone, young and old alike, and that is why he already has the paperwork ready to go to be rid of him indefinitely as soon as Spring Stampede goes off the air. Austin grabs the microphone from out of Nick’s hand forcibly, to which Nick says again to see what he means about him. Austin smiles, and replies that Nick is one hundred percent correct about him having no regrets, because he has absolutely none. Steve says that Jim Duggan was a good athlete in his time, but that time is gone, and since he got in Austin’s way, his WCW career was cut short. He says that he’s never intended to be a role model; if the fans cheer him, great, but if they don’t, that’s fine too, because he doesn’t give a crap about anyone else’s opinion. Austin reiterates that he’s been the longest WCW United States Heavyweight champion ever, saying that for over two years now, he’s ruled the division. That’s something that nobody can claim, not Lex Luger, not Dusty Rhodes, not Dustin Rhodes, not Sting, not Ric Flair, not Nikita Koloff, not Wahoo McDaniel, no one can claim to have done with the WCW United States title. He says that if he wants to, he’ll hold it for another year as well, just to piss Bockwinkel off! Nick puts his face in his hands, but Austin grabs him and pulls it away, saying that he will look at him when he talks! Austin tells him to look in his cold blue eyes, and as he looks back in Nick’s beady little eyes behind his stupid glasses, and see in these eyes that there is nothing that Austin will not do to stay right here in WCW. Steve says that if Nick wants him gone, he better change his mind, because it just isn’t going to happen, because there is nobody who can get rid of him – and if there’s a way to stay here and torment Bockwinkel more, Austin will find it. And if that means keeping the US title, running over Terry Gordy at Spring Stampede, then he’s gonna do that. And after he does –

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TerryGordy.jpg

Austin doesn’t get to finish the sentence as Gordy slips the ring and attacks him from behind! It was a setup all along, as Terry starts putting the boots to Austin in the corner. The champion starts to fight back, but Nick has the US title and he smashes it into the back of Austin’s head! He hands it personally to Terry Gordy, who holds it high over his head as he places a foot on Austin’s chest! Nick puts his finger in the downed Austin’s face, and tells him that he will be looking for a new job, and we are looking at the soon to be NEW United States champion! Will Bockwinkel be right, or is Austin’s will too much for anyone to overcome, even in a no holds barred street fight?!

Notes: I just want to say that I went on youtube as of late and have been watching some old interviews from Bockwinkel, and I hope it shows here. I would love to be able to nail his character down, because it’s a very fun character to have running the ship.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldTag.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Animal.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Hawk.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArnAnderson.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpg

The Road Warriors vs. ??? – Arn Anderson & Dustin Rhodes!

Referee: Mark Curtis

The shocking team who answers the challenge this week are “The Natural” and “The Enforcer”! Rushing down to the ring, they take the Warriors by surprise and send them packing out of the ring to regain their bearings. From there, the match plays very evenly, with the Warriors using their brute strength, Anderson being the cagey veteran, and Dustin’s youthful exuberance and will to win being his biggest factor in the match. The challengers take it to the champs, who either had grown into complacency after the past few weeks of “easy” challenges, or were looking too far ahead to Spring Stampede. This match brought the Warriors back down to earth, as they give them one of their toughest matches in months. Anderson gets caught and decimated by the champs, but Arn makes a hot tag, giving Rhodes an outlet to jump in and start laying into both Hawk and Animal! Dustin and Animal are left alone in the ring, and Rhodes goes to the second rope in order to try and hit a bulldog that would definitely end the match. But just before he can make the leap, he’s attacked from behind – it’s Hollywood Hogan! After pulling him down from the ropes, Hogan smashes Dustin with the World championship, knocking him flat! Mark Curtis saw the whole thing, and he calls for the bell, awarding the match (but not the titles) to Anderson and Rhodes, as Hogan continually puts the boots to Dustin. Finally security rush out and pull him away long enough for Dustin to be helped out of the ring.

Winners in 10:28 by DQ: Arn Anderson & Dustin Rhodes

Road Warriors retain the World Tag Team championships

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldKoW.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/Queen.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickMartel.jpg

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Hollywood Hogan w/The Queen vs. Rick Martel

Referee: Tommy Young

With Hogan still down at ringside when we come back from the final commercial break of the match, Rick Martel enters the ring to a loud cheer from his hometown crowd. Martel starts the match by wrestling circles around Hogan, prompting the crowd to really get behind him. From one quick go-behind, however, a sharp back elbow from Hogan hits its mark, and from there the match is all Hollywood. Tony says that he worries about how Roddy Piper is in the building now, as Piper could prove to be a difference maker in this one. The match spills outside briefly, where Hogan grabs a sign from the crowd and puts it right in Martel’s face to taunt him, which says “The Model is not fit to beat The King”, but it only riles Martel back up, as once Hogan sends him into the ring, Martel is a house of fire! He peppers Hogan with punches, sending him to the ropes and hitting a big dropkick! Rick gets the crowd fired up (except for one fan in particular, who is getting some attention from The Queen for his sign of “Forget Martel – Queen is The Model!”) as he looks ready to hook Hollywood in his Quebec Crab! Just as Martel starts turning him over, however, that is when Schiavone’s prediction proves correct, as “Hot Rod” rushes down the aisle! Martel loses his focus in the moment, dropping the hold to try and hit Piper, but he stays just out of reach. By the time Martel gets his head on straight, he turns right into the big boot, putting him on the mat and prime for Hollywood to drop the legdrop on him. The crowd hurl a multitude of boos toward the ring as Tommy Young’s hand counts the three, as Piper heads to the back, a broad smile on his face.

Winner in 11:34 and still WCW World Heavyweight Champion: Hollywood Hogan

Rating: B+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpg

The match over, Hogan kicks Martel out of the ring and yanks the microphone away from Gary, pushing him over as he does to laugh at him. Hollywood shoulders the World title, and says that he already took down one of his opponents for tomorrow night and showed that Hollywood is the best man around once. Now it’s time to do it again; he says that he wants “Puff the Loser Dragon out here right now, so I can show him who the real man is around here too!” Hogan says that if Steamboat doesn’t come out here, he’s gonna head to the back right now, find where he has his wife hiding, and “paint her black and white, dude!”

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickySteamboat.jpg

Tony says that Hogan is just a despicable person, but out of the back comes “The Dragon”! He’s dressed in his street clothes as he charges the ring, looking to get his hands on Hollywood!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Vader.jpg

BUT VADER ATTACKS! From seemingly out of nowhere comes “The Monster” and he begins laying into Steamboat with vicious punches! He grabs Ricky by the shirt and yanks him roughly into the turnbuckle post, knocking him out on the side of the ring.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Jeep.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/LilH.jpg

Hogan’s Heroes come jogging out of the back, the big smiles on their faces matching the one on Hogan’s in the ring. The bodyguards slide into the ring, carrying a briefcase which they hand over to Hogan. Hollywood opens the lid, and inside is both a can of black spraypaint and a lot of cash! Jesse says that it looks as though Vader is going to accept the bribe, and Tony says that this is just low, even for Vader and Sonny Onoo. Onoo is animated as ever, taking pictures of the cash on his disposable camera, and sniffing at it with a huge smile on his face. Vader enters the ring, having finished with Steamboat, and he walks toward Hogan. Hollywood holds up wads of cash for him, as do The Jeep and Little Hollywood. Hogan turns around to Sonny Onoo, who is talking excitedly with The Queen. The Jeep kneels down with the spraypaint and begins to paint a black “KoW” on the ring itself.

And that’s when Vader makes his move.

Vader moves forward slowly and kicks the paint out of The Jeep’s hand, then quickly, viciously, and without warning, Vader rushes forward and double clotheslines both of the bodyguards off the feet! Tony screams Yes! Jesse is amazed that as Hogan’s bodyguards have done a number on men in the past few weeks, Vader just took both of them down and out with one shot! Money scatters, as Onoo realizes his deal is being destroyed right before his very eyes! Hollywood turns back toward the ring, and shock comes over his face as he realizes it’s just he and Vader still on their feet! Onoo rushes toward Vader, screaming at him “what are you doing?!” but “The Monster” shoves him out of the way! Vader stalks the champion into the corner, and Hogan makes his move – weakly offering the cash in his hands to Vader!

With a flick of his wrist, Vader snatches Hogan’s hands and flips the cash all over (Heenan immediately says he has to get down to ringside) and he whips Hollywood into the ropes, hitting him with a big Vader bodycheck on the return! Vader swings and catches Hogan with a hard right and left combination, and the champion quickly scampers out of the ring, so worried for his own safety that he leaves the championship behind! Vader bends down and picks it up, holding it in the air! Hollywood Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, the Hogan bodyguards, Rick Martel, and Sonny Onoo are all down and out around the ring, and Dustin Rhodes is backstage being checked on by trainers – the last man standing is Vader!! Vader screams that HE is the man! Tony asks if Spring Stampede will end like this; will it be Vader time?! Find out tomorrow night only on pay-per-view!

Ratings: B- / B+

Notes: Hogan really worked the crowd into a frenzy when he was on the microphone goading Steamboat.

Notes: Okay, so before anybody asks, Vader has NOT turned face. He isn’t even foreshadowing a face turn.

Sean Morley was given a Suave (Realistic) gimmick, which rated a 98.

Mike Tenay finally debuted a Staff Member (Realistic) gimmick, and rated 87 on it.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWlogo.jpg

Official Prediction Standings

alvarasus: 0 Win

|Anderz|: 0 Win

Astil: 1 Win

angeldelayette: 8 Win

BestForTheBusiness: 1 Win

TheBigBad1013: 5 Win

TheBooker: 7 Win

Chuck: 11 Win

Destiny: 0 Win

Gentleman Raven: 1 Win

justtxyank: 1 Win

The Final Countdown: 8 Win

franticloser: 1 Win

kingdracon: 0 Win

pakonruff: 4 Win

Rare Kuma: 3 Win

RingRider: 0 Win

Ritchardo: 5 Win

RKOwnage: 6 Win

Rob5KC: 0 Win

Russelrules44: 3 Win

Smasher1311: 7 Win

SteenBTW: 0 Win

TeflonBilly: 11 Win

Warhawk8492: 5 Win

Waters: 0 Win

Wee Bob: 1 Win

For predictions, I cut everybody some extra slack but still only ended up giving out two points - go unpredictability! :p

WCW Spring Stampede official program

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/springstampede.jpg

WCW Spring Stampede 1995

LIVE on Pay-Per-View from The Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Four Corners match puts the World Heavyweight Championship in triple jeopardy! Four men, one fall, only one can be champion!

Hollywood Hogan defends his title against Battlebowl winner Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, and runners-up “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes and “The Monster” Vader!

International Incident!

“Total Package” Lex Luger and Jake “The Snake” Roberts take on enemies from WCW and AAA, as high flying Rey Mysterio Jr teams with the man called Sting!

The Ten Thousand Dollar Challenge!

“Nature Boy” Ric Flair pays out for revenge on “The Hired Gun” Scott Hall!

A no holds barred street fight for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship!

Steve Austin has to defend against Terry Gordy in a match with no disqualifications and no count outs!

Who is the Team of the Decade?

The Road Warriors put the WCW World Tag Team Championships on the line in an unprecedented Triangle Tag match against Harlem Heat and the Steiner Brothers!

Pride on the Line!

Big Ron Simmons looks to avenge his loss last month by taking down “Macho Man” Randy Savage!

A WCW vs. KoW grudge match!

Rick Martel gets to step up and shut “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper’s big mouth!

Come down South for the Family Feud!

The Armstrong family of Scott, Steve, and “Bullet” Bob team with Tracy Smothers to take on The Stud Stable of BG and Brad Armstrong, along with Waylon Mercy and Colonel Parker’s “guest Stud” Sgt. Craig “Pitbull” Pittman!

Running the Gauntlet!

JPL has to defeat all three subordinate members of the Ruthless Roundtable in order to face off with Lord Steven Regal again!

Don’t miss the WCW Main Event pre-show!

Two championships on the line!

The Wonderful Destruction Crew defend the US Tag Team titles against The Rock ‘n Roll Express, and California Kip puts his World Television Championship against “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright’s undefeated streak!

Also, revenge is sought from the Stars ‘n Stripes as they take on the Heavenly Bodies!

Cards subject to change

WCW Spring Stampede Prediction Contest

Hollywood Hogan © vs. Ricky Steamboat vs. Dustin Rhodes vs. Vader

Steve Austin © vs. Terry Gordy

The Road Warriors © vs. The Steiner Brothers vs. Harlem Heat

Lex Luger & Jake Roberts vs. Sting & Rey Mysterio Jr.

Scott Hall vs. Ric Flair

Ron Simmons vs. Randy Savage

Roddy Piper vs. Rick Martel

The Ruthless Roundtable vs. JPL

Bob, Scott, and Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers vs. BG and Brad Armstrong, Waylon Mercy, & Sgt. Craig Pittman

WCW Main Event

California Kip © vs. Alex Wright

The Wonderful Destruction Crew © vs. The Rock ‘n Roll Express

The Heavenly Bodies vs. Stars ‘n Stripes

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments:

Tiebreaker Questions

1. What was the second highest match of the night?

2. How many titles changed hands throughout the night?

3. How many matches will involve interference?

4. Who will take the fall in the Four Corners match?

5. Who will take the fall in the Tag Triangle match?