WCW '94: War of the Thrones

Falls Count Anywhere for the WCW World Heavyweight championship

Hollywood Hogan w/The Queen vs. Road Warrior Hawk w/Animal and Lex Luger

Comments: Not a chance.

The Four Horsemen w/Bobby Heenan vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, “Blackjack” Barry Windham, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, & Antonio Inoki w/Magnum TA

Comments: The Horsemen can't lose here. They just can't. Unless it's by DQ and they beat the piss out of the faces afterwards.

“Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Cactus Jack

Comments: This feels like a double count out or something.

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship

Terry Gordy w/Col. Robert Parker vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Comments: BANG! DDP's vengeance against the Stable is complete!

WCW World Tag Team Championships

The Wonderful Destruction Crew w/Jimmy Hart vs. Harlem Heat

Comments: Hmm. A title change is possible, but I just don't see it here.

Lord Steven Regal w/Baron Tomas vs. “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton

Comments: If this were a real show, this is the match I'd most be looking forward to.

Syxx vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Comments: I'd prefer a Rey win, though.

2 Cold Scorpio vs. Marcus Bagwell w/Belle Libritis

Comments: What's the won-loss record for Bagwell & Patriot? Can't be good.

Arkane w/Dr. Karnage & Nurse Ana R. Key vs. The Flying Spyder

Comments: My spyder sense says that..oh, screw it.

Fun Fan Signs:

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns? There's one specific turn I think is coming soon, but not yet.

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event? Yep

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? Yes, how could they not?

4. What titles will change hands? US

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? 1, if a Double DQ/Countout counts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan Scoresheet

Comments:

The Four Horsemen w/Bobby Heenan vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, “Blackjack” Barry Windham, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, & Antonio Inoki w/Magnum TA

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns? Maybe Road Warrior Animal?

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event? YEP

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? YEH

4. What titles will change hands? US and Tag Team

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? ONE - don't know which one, but one :)

Comments: This one will probably be thrown out after the nWo interfere. I'm not voting for Hogan to win the match par say, but I think he's walking out of Fall Brawl as Champion.

Comments: Barry Windham is there to get pinned and I think you're building Inoki vs. Flair. Didn't that match main event the two NJPW PPV's in North Korea?

Comments: This has double countout or DQ written all over it.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments: Regal has a good future ahead of him, Eaton doesn't.

Comments: I recall Syxx winning the last time these two fought, unless I've missed something. Rey Rey gets his win back.

Comments:

Comments: I'm interested in seeing who these guys are.

Fun Fan Signs:

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns? More than likely, yes. Where's Austin? ;)

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event? Yes, but his effect could be nullified.

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? Absolutely.

4. What titles will change hands? The U.S. will but that's all.

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? One.

WCW Monday Nitro - September 18th, 1995

Call me butter, cause I'm on a roll >_>

<iframe width="350" height="263" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cXXWw8AneQw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“Last week on WCW Monday Nitro!

The New World Order have turned WCW on its ear! Hollywood Hogan answered a challenge from Hawk for a falls count anywhere match, and “The Nature Boy” pointed some fingers – but got a middle one in return from Steve Austin! The two meet in the squared circle, tonight on Nitro!”

September 19th, 1995

Held at: Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kansas (Mid-South)

Commentary: Tony Schiavone and Jesse Ventura

Attendance: 12,528 (sell out!)

Show Runtime: One hour (plus five minute overrun)

Rating: B

This show increased our popularity in 5 regions.

The show begins with a match, as Waylon Mercy of the Stud Stable takes on the fun loving JPL. Colonel Parker does some good mannerisms from the ground, looking as though he’s not very pleased, especially when Mercy’s sleeperhold gets turned into a jawbreaker instead of getting the win. From there, JPL plants him with the Pedigree, and Parker has left ringside by the time the three count is registered.

Match Time: 7:24

Rating: C+

Hollywood Hogan has arrived to the KoW locker room, but before he gets settled in, “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff has approached him. Orndorff asks Hogan what he’s doing by putting he and Meng in a match with the Road Warriors this soon to their title defense at Fall Brawl, but Hogan doesn’t seem to care. He says that as glad he is to have the Tag belts back in the family, it is far more important for Hawk in particular to get hurt before the World title match! He says that he believes in Paul and Meng, that they can do that for the family. Jimmy Hart echoes Hogan, saying that Paul was just overthinking things, because that’s what he had told him, but Orndorff still doesn’t look very pleased about it.

Notes: Hollywood was superb without a script, and looked very good here. Hart helped Orndorff here, but Paul struggled when off-script anyways.

Rating: B+

“Mean” Gene Okerlund comes out to the stage and brings out the trio from Chicago, the Road Warriors and “The Total Package” Lex Luger! Lex does most of the talking, saying that he will be on hand to see his friend Hawk get the World title that he has never held. Hawk and Animal mostly stand in the background looking mean, but Hawk does give us a “Wwwwwhat a Rrrrrrrush!” as the Warriors say that falls count anywhere is one of their specialties, and it doesn’t matter if the Kings or the New World Order or the Horsemen or the Washington Redskins get their way, because Hawk is going to beat the yellow back into Hollywood!

Notes: Luger came across well here, working the crowd well with the freedom of improvisation.

“Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff had some doubts about the WDC’s match tonight, and his fears apparently were not unfounded, as instead of he and Meng hurting either of the Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal steamroll the World Tag Team champions en route to a Doomsday Device on Paul that gives them the victory.

Match Time: 10:21

Gary Michael Cappetta comes out to give the ring introductions for the next match. First, he introduces

, who will be joining commentary for the main event. Next, the garish entrance of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair, who has some words for Dustin when he gets into the ring. Finally, the guitar crashes on the entrance of Steve Austin, who’s crowd pleasing entrance whips them into a frenzy for this huge pay-per-view quality main event!

Notes: Austin came out of this looking excellent, though GMC looked dreadful.

Rating: C-

As soon as Flair and Austin lock up, the crowd are abuzz with electricity, and you can tell that something about this one is more special than the buildup for it would allow. The two men have what is a great match, as they blend styles together to perfection, neither man looking as though they are going to give this one up. This ends up as the longest match thus far in Nitro’s short history, as no matter what either man does, they cannot catch a break from the other. Flair finally starts rallying back after blocking the Stunner by grabbing Tommy Young; he looks set to hook in the figure four leglock – CRASH! Jeff Jarrett wraps his guitar around Flair’s head, and the New World Order get into the ring and lay Flair out! The bell sounds, and Flair has won this one by disqualification! The crowd aren’t happy, as they were really into this one, and it ended in an unsatisfactory way. As he is on his way up the ramp, “The Loose Cannon” points at Austin, saying he’s welcome?! What is going on here? Austin yells at Brian, apparently not wanting the help that he and his crew gave him! What is going on here?

Match Time: 18:56

Ratings: B+ (match) / C+ (staredown)

Eric Bischoff is in the ring for the final segment of Nitro, and he says that there is no need to change that station – Vinnie Vegas and his little buddy are about to beat Mike Rotunda and the ultimate nutjob. He does say that he’s sad to see the great European title run of Virgil come to an end at the hands of Jimmy Neidhart. But Eric changes gears, saying that the cat seems to be out of the bag; he is, as Brian Pillman said, a much bigger part of WCW than it seems, as he is the Executive Vice President of the company. He also says that this means he is the man who was responsible for all of WCW’s decisions in the past year – including the greatest champion that WCW has ever had, Hollywood Hulk Hogan! Hogan and The Giant come out, and Hogan and Bischoff shake hands. With The Giant standing at his back, Hollywood talks about Fall Brawl coming up, saying that Hawk may be a great big man, but he has never been in the ring against the might of Hollywood, and says with Eric Bischoff, The Giant, and the Kings of Wrestling ruling the roost in WCW, this World championship may as well go on his mantle forever, and that they might as well make a brand new title that has these KoW letters as a part of it, because he isn’t losing it to anyone, least of all a “common tag team guy” like Hawk, and least of all a wannabe like “Lex Loser” and that’s a fact, jack! The show ends with Tony Schiavone shilling Fall Brawl, saying that you have to order the show in order to see Hawk shut this windbag’s mouth once and for all!

Notes: Eric was a little underwhelming, but did a masterful job improvising with the crowd. Hogan came across well here, improvising well also.

Gimmick and Turn Notes

None.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWlogo.jpg

Fan Scoresheet

Comments: Just can't see Hawk with a singles title as long as Animal is in the mix.

Comments: Feels like a Horsemen night.

Comments: Going with my gut on this one. I think this feud continues past the Brawl, so I think Savage picks up the first fall.

Comments:

Comments: Might be wishful thinking, but I really like Wonderful and Meng.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs: The WDC is simply #1derful!

Regal is Royalty!

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns?Not tonight, I don't think.

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event?Yes

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show?Yes

4. What titles will change hands?US Title

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout?None

Comments:Gotta go with Hollywood in this one. I'd be more than a little surprised if Hawn wins this.

Comments: The Horsemen takes this one.

Comments: Macho Man wins this one, but not cleanly. I imagine these guys will face off again in the future and Cactus will get the win back.

Comments: Gordy feels the bang and DDP's time has arrived.

Comments: I'd like to see Harlem Heat win the titles here, but I think the champs will retain.

Comments: Regal could be huge for you.

Comments: Rey takes it this time I think.

Comments: Almost went with Bagwell cause I like him better, but I think Scorpio takes it.

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns? Yes

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event? Yes

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? 4-Life! (that's a yes :))

4. What titles will change hands? The US Title

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? None

Fan Scoresheet

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

"Flying Spyder does whatever a Flying Spyder can"

"Brian Pillman stole my pencil!"

Tiebreaker Questions:

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? Yes

4. What titles will change hands? One

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? 1

Comments: Can't see Hawk as Champ, so keep Hogan with the belt.

Comments:WOOOOOOOO

Comments: Dirty win to keep the feud rolling

Comments: DDP's earned it

Comments: Harlem Heat make it a little too much sense here, so heels pull it out.

Comments: Regal has more wheels.

Comments: Rey gets the win, but these two keep going, ideally with the belt getting involved eventually.

Comments:

Comments: Come on, he's a spider, man.

Fun Fan Signs:

"It's time to take a Survey"

"Lord Steven Regal is a Man!"

"Bow down to the, Bow down to the Queen"

Tiebreaker Questions:

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? Of course

4. What titles will change hands? 1, the US

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? 2

WCW Television: September 24th, 1995

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/62ZdaPycJP8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“This week on WCW Saturday Night! Two men square off who will be on opposite sides at Fall Brawl as “The Dragon” takes on “The Enforcer”! It will be an all-out brawl as the monstrous Meng takes on big Ron Simmons! Former partners collide again as Steve Armstrong goes against the gentleman traitor Tracy Smothers!

All tonight on WCW Saturday Night!”

September 22nd, 1995

Held at: Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California (South West)

Commentary: Tony Schiavone and Terry Funk

Attendance: 10,000 (sell out!)

Show Runtime: Two hours (plus two minute overrun)

This show increased our popularity in 4 regions.

The show opens in pre-taped fashion with two of the major players of the Kings of Wrestling, “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Hollywood Hogan, meeting in front of a WCW backdrop (green screen win!) and Hogan asks Savage if he’s seen The Queen. He says that he hasn’t seen her since last week; Savage asks Hogan if he’s seen Piper, and he replies that it isn’t important. Hogan says what is important is that tomorrow night, Tacoma, Washington, Fall Brawl, he will drag the Road Warrior down the road and show him that the power is in the black and white, brother. Savage takes over, saying that Cactus Jack needs a lesson in “Madness 101” and there’s no better teacher in the madness than the “Macho Man” yeah! Hollywood and Macho agree: Fall Brawl will once again be a show dominated by the Kings of Wrestling!

Notes: Hogan was superb without a script here, and he came out of this looking good.

Rating: A

“The Doctor of Desire” was in for the opening contest, as Tom Prichard takes on masked star Ichii Yazaki. Prichard’s Heavenly Bodies partner is at ringside along with Theodore Long, and the trio make Yazaki’s life hell for the duration of the match, but he gets some unexpected assistance from… The Queen?! With her cheering him on, Ichii is able to roll Tom up in a small package and pick up a big win! But other than him winning the match, what just happened?!

Match Time: 7:45

Rating: D+

“Mean” Gene is at the interview area, and he brings in his guests Steve and Scott Armstrong. He asks Steve about the match coming up against former partner Tracy Smothers, and Armstrong says that he was sad to see how Tracy took the way Steve had been teaming with his brother. He tells Gene that he didn’t mean to make Smothers think he was shoved aside, he just was having a blast teaming with Scott too. He says that maybe in the future, Tracy could get his head on straight again, but until then, he’s done with going easy on his friend, things are going to get hard! Gene talks about the match coming up, saying that we will see that later tonight.

Notes: Yeah, Steve did not do well without a script. Gene worked the crowd well, though, making up for him.

Rating: D

Flash Flanagan is game, but as is his usual, he ends up just taking a beating as Lance Storm is out to prove a point. Storm utilizes all of his offense, both mat-based and strong strikes, before locking in a single leg crab to pick up the win in this complete squash match.

Match Time: 4:47

Mike Tenay catches up with Lance Storm and Larry Zbyszko on their way back through the interview area. Zbyszko says that now that they’ve dropped the weak link of their team, they can actually do some good in WCW. Larry says that he’s still “The Living Legend” and with Lance Storm under his wing, you’re looking at a future champion!

“Mean” Gene hosts a pre-taped Fall Brawl event center. He says that there are some great matches coming up that perhaps aren’t as high stakes for everyone as those like Hollywood Hogan and Hawk, but they could mean the world to the men involved in them. He sends it to a few pre-recorded promos, featuring 2 Cold Scorpio, then Marcus Bagwell, who each talk about how this rivalry is very personal between the two of them; Bagwell because Scorpio has targeted him for moving on, and Scorpio because Marcus should have kept teaming with him. Then Bobby Eaton, who says that he is going to do what he can to keep his “beautiful winning ways” alive; followed by Lord Steven Regal and Finlay, Regal saying that Eaton has poked the proverbial hornet’s nest by defeating two of his Roundtable, but he shall not take his Lordship down. We end with the United States champion Terry Gordy, who’s manager Col. Parker hypes him up (all while saying that Waylon Mercy was obviously a loser all along) and saying that Diamond Dallas Page is definitely not walking overtop of Gordy like he did the rest of the Stud Stable. DDP himself then responds, calling Terry an “overgrown monkey” and saying that one of the lost facts of this match is that it’s one of Page’s first title shots here in WCW – and he intends on marking it with a BANG!

Notes: Gene’s performance was good as a reporter, and DDP came across very well. But Finlay didn’t look too good here.

Back to “live” action, Okerlund is now in the ring, and he introduces his guests “The Total Package” Lex Luger and the Road Warriors! These three are really a nice pairing, and Luger tends to always improvise well; as he did again here, using the freedom to his advantage to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy and ready to see Hawk tear Hogan’s head off tomorrow night on pay-per-view! Luger says that he will be there to make sure that what happened to him with The Giant at the Bash doesn’t happen to Hawk as well, and Animal says the same, that both men will be watching Hawk’s back just like the KoW will be watching Hogan’s. Gene thanks them for their time away from training for the big match, and wishes Hawk the best – saying that maybe he can wipe some of that spraypaint off the title when he wins it.

Notes: As noted, Luger worked the crowd well, but Gene also improvised well.

Rating: B-

Hollywood Hogan doesn’t seem all that bothered when we come back from commercial break, as he walks down to the ring alongside The Giant, who this week is in handicap action. But even at two on one, the handicap seems to be on the side of Shane Sewell and Sgt. Buddy Parker, who try to double team but get decimated in a matter of minutes. Giant plants them both with a simultaneous chokeslam, covering both men with one hand as Hogan applauds from the outside.

Match Time: 4:42

Rating: E

Colonel Robert Parker is on the outside as his newest Stud Tracy Smothers goes up against Steve Armstrong in their second match. This feud may not have the full attention of the crowd, but it is heated between the former partners. Steve keeps a better eye on Parker this time around, and after a hard-fought match, he’s able to hit a missile dropkick and get a surprising victory! Parker is incensed on the outside, as this is his second man who’s lost a big match this week!

Match Time: 9:42

We go to footage that is marked as last week from WCW Saturday Night, and we see Sting! “The Stinger” is backstage following the match with Johnny B. Badd. You would think that the typically jovial Sting would feel pretty good after a victory like that, but instead, he’s somber, as he simply throws his gear into a duffel bag and walks off, without a word to any of the well-wishers on his path.

The Four Horsemen have “Mean” Gene standing amongst them for an interview, though Flair does all the talking. The group seem very focused on their match at Fall Brawl on Sunday night, particularly calling Dustin a “dumb kid” for trying to bring together guys like an old war horse in Barry Windham, a Flair wannabe in Ricky Steamboat, and an overhyped old timer like Antonio Inoki. Gene tries to talk to them about how Inoki is a legend, Steamboat has taken Flair to the limit more times than one, Windham used to be one of them, and Dustin was just recently under Flair and Anderson’s learning tree, but Ric laughs all of that off, saying that only one thing is important in all that Gene just said: no matter what any of them have done in their career before, they are not currently Horsemen – and if you aren’t Horsemen, then you aren’t the elite. The four all show the four fingers, as the segment ends.

Notes: Gene really worked the crowd well here, and Flair improvised well also. Flair and Arn both had good performances.

“The Professor” Mike Tenay meets up elsewhere with Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, and Barry Windham, with Magnum TA standing alongside them. They retort to the Horsemen’s words, saying that their team may be a mutt compared to the supposedly elite Four Horsemen, but when Antonio Inoki is involved at Fall Brawl tomorrow night, the Horsemen will be put out to pasture!

Notes: Magnum helped all three men, but Tenay really underperformed.

Steve Austin is backstage for a promo about his confrontation with Roddy Piper at Fall Brawl. He stops to have a cold beverage before getting into the promo – but here comes Piper! “Hot Rod” attacks Austin at the interview stand, and Roddy manages to lay Austin out with a lead pipe! Piper stomps on the fallen Texan, laughing that he’ll see him at Fall Brawl!

A battle of two of the outright toughest men in WCW go at it here as big Ron Simmons faces off with one half of the World Tag Team champions, the brutal Meng! The two beat the hell out of one another in this one, and Jimmy Hart even takes a punch from big Ron. But it’s the other cornerman who comes into play here, as Paul Orndorff gets up on the apron, giving Meng a chance to recover his strength and apply the Tongan Deathgrip to get the pinfall on Simmons.

Match: 10:18

Cactus Jack is in the next pre-taped interview, as he talks about his match against “Macho Man” Randy Savage tomorrow at Fall Brawl. Jack says that this feud may not have seemed to start from much, but it actually has a lot more meaning to him than what anyone would ever think. He says that Randy disrespected Jack’s mentor Terry Funk by offering to be his new mentor; Jack saying that Terry stepped aside so that Cactus can be his own man, not for him to just fall under someone else. He talks about how Savage in his prime was possibly one of the best in-ring wrestlers in the entire business, and while he respects what Savage has done in this sport, and as huge an honor it is to him to be given the option, he has to prove himself to everyone, the same way that “The Macho Man” did in his own day. He says that he is out to prove here that it doesn’t matter who he is against, Cactus Jack is going to stand on his own two feet, and win or lose, he’s going to prove that he is just as world class as Savage! Bang-bang!

We head out to Tony Schiavone and Terry Funk, who talk about Fall Brawl. They discuss the World title match, falls count anywhere between Road Warrior Hawk and Hollywood Hogan; and also about what we just heard regarding Cactus Jack and Randy Savage. Terry says that he is proud of Cactus and what he can achieve in wrestling, and thinks that if he can take down a veteran like Savage, that’ll put him far ahead of the curve. Tony shills the event, urging fans to order it lest you get left in the dust on Monday.

Notes: Tony improvised well, but Terry was very poor improvising his dialogue, getting a little choked up talking about Cactus.

Sides crossed in this one who have a war coming up tomorrow night, as Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat does battle with “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson in our main event of the evening. Anderson definitely was the aggressor, and Tony pointed out that a lot of the time it seemed as though he was out to hurt Steamboat before Fall Brawl. “The Brain” on the outside echoed those claims, despite being held off by the presence of Magnum TA on the other side of the ring. Steamboat’s never-give-up attitude shines through no matter how much punishment he takes, always coming back with a chop or armdrag that keeps the fans on their toes. Anderson gets a moment where he sets Ricky up for the big spinebuster, but “The Dragon” shifts his weight and adjusts it into a small package for the three! The other three Horsemen all rush the ring and look ready to decimate Steamboat after the match, but it is not to be, as “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes hits the ring carrying a steel chair! The Four Horsemen decide that discretion is the better part of valor, and they retreat for now, but there won’t be any retreat at Fall Brawl!

Match Time: 18:02

Ratings: B (match) / C+ (save)

Tony signs us off, but instead of the next exciting show on TBS, we cut to a dark room. Chuckling can be heard in the background, before a flashlight flips on, with Scott Hall going “Boo!” leading to a burst of laughter from “The Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman. Vader and Jeff Jarrett are in the room as well, but Hall seems to do the talking for this one, as he talks about how the New World Order haven’t been invited to Fall Brawl; he says that means one of two things. Either they leave WCW to its fate at the hands of the Kings of Wrestling, by going out and having a great party – or they crash the party, and we see what fun there is to be had at the Tacoma Dome. Scott flips his toothpick into the camera, before we fade out of WCW Saturday Night – make sure you join us for Fall Brawl!

Notes: Hall looked good here, masterfully improvising. Brian was underwhelming though, as he just laughed along in the background.

This was the final show before WCW Fall Brawl, so be sure to get your picks in if you want to be counted!

Comments: The King Still Reigns Supreme

Comments: The Natural and The Vets pull through

Comments: Mach by crooked circumstances

Comments: The Master of the Diamond Cutter puts down The Colonel Stud US Champ

Comments: The WDC Retains

Comments: The Lord beats Beautiful Bobby

Comments: Syxx beats The Giant Killer in a great cruiserweight match

Comments: Bagwell's a future stud

Comments: Spyder flys over Arkane

Fun Fan Signs: Marvel Comics gonna sue somebody?

Diamonds Last Longer Than Studs

Loose Cannon Order

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns:No

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event: Yes

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show: Yes

4. What titles will change hands:United States Championship

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout:2

The World Heavyweight Championship on the line!

Falls will count anywhere in Washington as Road Warrior Hawk takes on the wily champion, “Godfather” of the Kings of Wrestling, Hollywood Hogan!

Eight-man Tag Team War!

The Four Horsemen are at full strength to take on “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, “Blackjack” Barry Windham, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, and Japanese icon Antonio Inoki!

Mirror Mirror on the wall, who’s the craziest of them all?!

Cactus Jack does battle with “Macho Man” Randy Savage! Need we say more?!

Revenge is a dish best served with the United States title!

After months of fighting against his former Stud Stable mates, Diamond Dallas Page faces off with the crown jewel and United States Heavyweight champion, Terry Gordy!

The World Tag Team Championships up for grabs!

Former two-time champions Harlem Heat face off with the KoW’s ever-dangerous tandem of Meng and Paul Orndorff, the Wonderful Destruction Crew!

A winning streak is put on the line against royal pride!

“Beautiful” Bobby Eaton faces off against the head of the Ruthless Roundtable, Lord Steven Regal!

Fast-Paced Cruiserweight Action!

After Syxx’s tainted victory at Slamboree, Rey Mysterio Jr. is out for revenge!

Former Partners!

What will happen when patriotic Marcus Bagwell faces his past in 2 Cold Scorpio?!

Arachnophobia!

The Flying Spyder makes his WCW in-ring debut taking on the Dungeon of Doom’s devious taskmaster, Arkane!

Fan Scoresheet

Comments: Not a chance in hell.

Comments: Should be a pretty nice win.

Comments: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH.

Comments: It is the only way possible, IMO.

Comments: Too early.

Comments: I like Bobby, but I like Regal too and he's a better choice right here.

Comments: He's a huge contender to be the next Cruiserweight champ.

Comments: I see that you're keen on pushing him.

Comments: GO GO GO SPYDER MANG

Fun Fan Signs:

''SPYDER MANG, SPYDER MANG, THE AMAZING SPYDER MANG!''

''The Fall of Cactus and all of Mankind, ooooooh yeah!''

Tiebreaker Questions:

1. Will there be any turns? Yeah.

2. Will The Giant be involved in the main event? Yeah too.

3. Will the New World Order make a big impact on the show? Yes sir.

4. What titles will change hands? One.

5. How many matches will end via DQ/Countout? None.

• 2 weeks later...

WCW Fall Brawl 1995 + WCW Main Event pre-show

<iframe width="220" height="124" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AahYei4Zuw0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WCW Main Event

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Gary Michael Cappetta

Rating: C

Hollywood Hogan and The Giant arrive at the arena, Hogan stopping to talk to the camera about how this [the title] is staying right here around his waist. (B)

Hakushi d. Juventud Guerrera after Sonny Onoo distracts him. (D)

The Oddballs d. Flash Flanagan and Shane Sewell, Sgt. Pittman locking Flash in the Code Red. (E+)

The Rock ‘n Roll Express promote themselves, saying that they may not be in the best title contention right now, but rock ‘n roll will never die, baby, and neither will they! (C-)

“Dr. of Desire” Tom Prichard d. Cousin Marky with a quick superkick. (D+)

The Road Warriors and Lex Luger arrive at the arena, Luger saying that he will make sure that the KoW don’t get involved in the main event tonight. (C+)

Bubba Rogers and Smash are shown in a video as they train Devon King. (D-)

California Kip d. Marty Jannetty with the Silicon Valley Slam. ©

Unexpectedly, Sting is in the arena!! What will he do at Fall Brawl? You’ll have to order to find out! (B)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWFallBrawl.jpg

September 24th, 1995

Held at: Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington (North West)

Commentary: Tony Schiavone and Jesse “The Body” Ventura

Attendance: 28,038

Show Runtime: Three Hours

This show increased our popularity in 24 regions.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TonySchiavone.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JesseVentura.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TerryFunk2.jpg

The show opens to see Tony Schiavone and Jesse “The Body” Ventura being joined by Terry Funk to discuss what is happening on the pay-per-view. They mainly hype the main event, the falls count anywhere match for the World Heavyweight championship between Hollywood Hogan and Road Warrior Hawk. A sign in the crowd behind them can be seen that says “Loose Cannon Order”.

Notes: Jesse oddly struggled when going off-script here, and Funk was very poor at improvising his dialogue.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldTag.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/PaulOrndorff.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Meng.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRay.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BookerT.jpg

Time Limit: 45:00

Referee: Mark Curtis

The night begins with an incredible match between two of the premier tag teams of World Championship Wrestling competing for the World Tag Team championships. Both teams have great chemistry amongst themselves, and it shows as they both work well when either side has the advantage. Neither side really has a great advantage, as all four men don’t let themselves get into a bad position, and the lack of “style” really helps it to be a great matchup. Jimmy Hart gives a good word for the fan sign in the second row that says “The WDC is simply #1derful!” The ending comes as a result of the outside though, as Jimmy Hart slips the megaphone to “Mr. Wonderful” who bashes it over Booker T’s back while he was running the ropes. Booker staggers right into the Tongan Death Grip, and as Orndorff blocks Stevie Ray from making the save, the champions retain their titles for their first defense.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TedDibiase.jpg

The celebration gets cut short as the WCW Lead Stockholder, Ted DiBiase, comes out of the back! Behind him we can see a fan hold up a sign that says “It’s time to take a Survey”. He congratulates them on their victory tonight, but says that he is the bearer of bad news for them. As great as it is for Orndorff and Meng and the KoW that they have retained the belts over Harlem Heat, that means they have another big hurdle to cross. Ted says that no matter who the Destruction Crew face off with in the meantime, because at Halloween Havoc in Detroit, Michigan, he has with him the next team to get a pay-per-view World Tag Team title shot…

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ScottSteiner.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickSteiner.jpg

Out of the back rush Rick and Scott, the Steiner Brothers! The Steiners hit the ring and start brawling with the champions! Rick tosses Orndorff with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex, and a double Steinerline sends Meng over the top rope! The Steiners stand tall in the ring, holding up the World Tag Team championships! The match seems to be set for Halloween Havoc!

Winners in 11:46: The Wonderful Destruction Crew

Rating: B+ (match) / C+ (announcement) / B- (attack)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Syxx.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ReyMysterio.jpg

Time Limit: 30:00

Referee: Nick Patrick

These two have some great chemistry against one another, which really helped their last match to be a great show. This time, however, Syxx takes immediate control of the match, and despite a few comeback spots, he never really relinquishes it. Jesse goes off topic a little when he laughs at a fan’s sign that says “Brian Pillman stole my pencil!” Syxx goes for some type of charging maneuver in the corner, but Mysterio is able to shoot out of the way, rolling Syxx up in a quick cradle to score a three count!

Winner in 9:32: Rey Mysterio Jr.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Spyder.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Arkane.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/LadyAlex.jpg

The Flying Spyder vs. Arkane w/Nurse Ana R. Key

A quick, unoffensive match here, played early enough in the evening that your kids could stay up to watch it! A lot of the crowd really seem to be into this one, as a slew of signs are held up during the match that say things like “Flying Spyder does whatever a Flying Spyder can”, “SPYDER MANG, SPYDER MANG, THE AMAZING SPYDER MANG!”, and “Marvel Comics gonna sue somebody?”. The Spyder lives up to his “flying” nickname by flipping and jumping all around the ring, while Arkane keeps getting him down and trying to pull his mask off. The mask stays on though, and with a twisting kick from the top rope, The Flying Spyder picks up the victory. Tony says that he’s sure Dr. Karnage will not like this result!

Winner in 7:09: The Flying Spyder

Rating: D-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/LannyPoffo.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BobbyEaton2.jpg

Lord Steven Regal w/Baron Leonard Tomas vs. “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton

Referee: Randy “Pee Wee” Anderson

His Lordship seems confused by a sign on his way down to the ring that says “Lord Steven Regal is a Man!”, as he tells the fan “of course, you bloody troglodyte!” He holds up the “victory” hand symbol for the fan who’s sign says “Regal is Royalty!” though. This match is a perfect blend of southern style wrestling and European technical prowess, as two veterans go at it in the center of the ring. Lord Regal is out to prove that Eaton’s brief winning streak is a fluke, especially the victories he picked up over his Ruthless Roundtable companions. There is quite the extended heat segment on Eaton here, as Regal clearly is looking down upon his opponent and doesn’t seem to be taking this seriously as he hammers holds and knees down upon Bobby. Regal gets into an argument with Randy Anderson following a close near-fall though, and that leads to his downfall as Eaton rolls him up with a schoolboy – he gets the three count! A shocking win here for “Beautiful” Bobby!

Winner in 11:38: Bobby Eaton

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/2ColdScorpio.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcusBagwell.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/Belle.jpg

Referee: Charles Robinson

Another match here where it is kept somewhat short and sweet. These two don’t seem ready to blow off the feud just yet, despite being on pay-per-view, as the ending sees a shocking turn of events – Belle slaps Bagwell across the face, leading to a slam and the Tumbleweed, and she walks off with Scorpio!

Winner in 7:45: 2 Cold Scorpio

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting2.jpg

We see the man they call Sting walking backstage! Sting has the same blank expression on his face that we’ve seen for a while now, and he seems to be heading somewhere, when his path gets blocked…

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianPillman3.jpg

“The Loose Cannon” stands there, eyeing up the Stinger! Brian says that Sting doesn’t fool him, they’ve been friends for far too long for him to ever believe that Sting doesn’t have a plan up his sleeve; he doesn’t believe that Sting has lost all hope like it appears. He says that all he’s done in the entire past year, has been for Sting – and the New World Order will happily accept the man he calls “WCW’s franchise” if he wants to be among the people who will treat him with the respect that he deserves. Sting looks at Brian, then glances at the black baseball bat that is in his hand, and he moves around Pillman, leaving him standing there. Brian starts to giggle that maniacal laugh of his, as we head back out to ringside.

Notes: Pillman was underwhelming here, but Sting came across well

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RandySavage.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/CactusJack.jpg

Guest Commentary: Terry Funk

This one is wild from bell-to-bell, as these two rip into one another with a passion that maybe doesn’t even live up to the short time that they’ve been feuding with one another. Some of the highlights include Savage hitting a double axe handle from the top rope to the floor, Savage clotheslining Cactus over the guardrail into the crowd, Cactus hitting a pulling piledriver in the aisle, and Jack drilling Savage with his elbow drop from the apron. One fan definitely seems to be cheering on Randy as his sign says “The Fall of Cactus and all of Mankind, ooooooh yeah!” The fans aren’t too pleased with the end of the match though, as “The Macho Man” seems highly upset that Cactus would dare to have used his own elbow drop on him, and Savage gets a steel chair, hitting a flying elbow drop on Jack using it! He holds the chair upright as he does, driving it into Jack’s ribs and stomach from the top rope, and Cactus is coughing up blood as Nick Patrick calls for the bell; awarding him the match, but Savage is the one standing and posing at the end of this one.

Winner in 14:49 by disqualification: Cactus Jack

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWUS.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TerryGordy.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/RobertFuller.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DDP2.jpg

Time Limit: 45:00

Referee: Randy “Pee Wee” Anderson

This match had technically been building ever since about January, when DDP seemed to just disappear from the Stud Stable. It turned out that Colonel Parker had been keeping Page out of the limelight, feeling that he was no longer worth putting out front as a face of the Stable, and replacing both Page and Steve Austin with Terry Gordy and Waylon Mercy. Ever since his return to WCW, Page has been targeting the members of the Stud Stable, defeating every member until only one remains: the US champion, Terry Gordy. This is a match that takes plenty of time, given these aren’t two men who fans are used to seeing for a longer period in the ring. Gordy’s brute strength is countered by the sheer heart and will to win of DDP, who refuses to stay down no matter how hard he may be thrown to the ground or how brutally he may be beaten. Of course, the Colonel is outside the ring, always ready to give his crown jewel a bit of an extra helping hand if Dallas gets a little too close. A lariat on the outside of the ring catches Parker and drops him instantly, however, and with him out of the way, DDP is able to use that momentum and groundswell from the crowd to block the Oriental Spike from being locked in, and drop Gordy with the Diamond Cutter! Page rolls on top, and we have a new champion! Page points out a sign in the front row that says “Diamonds Last Longer Than Studs” and that seems to be the result tonight!

Winner in 15:38 and NEW US champion: Diamond Dallas Page

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickySteamboat.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BarryWindham.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/AntonioInoki.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/MagnumTA.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/4h.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/BobbyHeenan3.jpg

“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, “Blackjack” Barry Windham, and Antonio Inoki w/Magnum TA vs. The Four Horsemen w/Bobby Heenan

Referee: Mark Curtis

A video plays to start here, hyping the long-standing feud between these two sides. The match starts with Anderson and Windham, and after a flurry from Dustin’s side of tagging in and out quickly, they send the Horsemen scurrying out to “The Brain”. Bobby’s advice seems to work, as they pull Steamboat aside with a quick switch between Flair and Guerrero, who flies into the ring with a missile dropkick on Ricky. From there, it’s the dissection that you would imagine, as the Horsemen all get a chance to show their great technical acumen in picking apart “The Dragon” one piece at a time. Steamboat’s comebacks usually involve chops or armdrags, and each time he does, the crowd get so excited, but every time one of the Horsemen either cheat or use a quick tag out to put the odds back in their favor. Ricky finally gets a chance when Arn goes for a second rope splash, and Steamboat gets his knees up! He makes the hot tag out to Dustin, who comes in to face off with Owen, and all eight men hit the ring! Mark Curtis has lost all control of this one, but he sees one thing off on the one side of the ring – Inoki has Hart all tied up in an inside cradle! Anderson and Guerrero both try to get in and break it up, but Windham and Rhodes block them, and the Hall of Famer picks up the victory! Rhodes, Steamboat, and Windham all celebrate with the Japanese legend, raising his arms in victory, as the Horsemen swear revenge from the aisle!

Winner in 23:30: Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham, and Antonio Inoki

Rating: C+ (video) / B (match)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpg

Steve Austin comes out to the ring with his cooler, and he gets a microphone. He says that he’s out here now, and he’s ready to either drink a beer or fight. While he’s in the ring, he’s gonna keep drinking beers until Roddy Piper decides to come out and fight! Austin smashes two beers together, then pours them both over himself, and grabs two more before doing the same. At his third set, he gets stopped by the sound of bagpipes as “Hot Rod” makes his presence known! He saunters down to the ring, but Austin refuses to give him a microphone. He purposely keeps pulling it away from Piper, and finally the two just start throwing punches at one another! Jesse says that Austin may not be feeling any pain by now, as Piper takes over the fight with an eyepoke. Roddy slams Austin’s head into the turnbuckle, but when he whips him to the other side Austin reverses, running in with a clothesline! He goes up and punches Roddy ten times as the crowd counts along, putting his middle fingers in Piper’s face before the tenth. He gets set to deliver the Stunner as Piper is staggering out of the corner, but Piper shoves Austin away, sliding out of the ring and backing up the aisle. Austin and Piper throw threats at one another the whole time, before Austin goes back to drinking as his music plays.

Notes: Austin really enjoyed the freedom to be off-script.

Rating: A

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/kow.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/nWo.jpg

Roddy Piper being out of the room has left no major names of the KoW in the locker room, and that’s when the New World Order attack! The attack is mainly centered upon Bubba Rogers, Smash, Meng, and California Kip, four of the main men who Hollywood Hogan would likely have called upon for assistance in his match! Vader especially does well here, as he slams Meng through a door! Jeff Jarrett drills Smash with one of his guitars, and after the dust has settled, Pillman and Hall go around spraypainting “NWO” in red all around the room!

Notes: Vader looked like a real star in this one.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Giant.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/LexLuger.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Animal2.jpg

The Giant seems like he’s watching the monitor so that he will know when he needs to rush out to the ring, but he gets joined at his backstage area by both Lex Luger and Road Warrior Animal! The two Chicago natives stand in the way of the door causing Giant to grimace in anger! It looks like after the New World Order has taken out most of the KoW, Lex and Animal are making sure that there is nobody to come to Hollywood Hogan’s aid in the main event!

Notes: Luger looked good and Animal came across well in the bodyguard role, but Giant didn’t look good here, likely because the huge man backed down.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/gmc.jpg

“The World’s Most Dangerous Announcer” Gary Michael Cappetta is in the ring, and he’s ready to announce the main event of the evening, the Falls Count Anywhere match for the WCW World Heavyweight championship!

<iframe width="220" height="165" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DVYRUy7ss2g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpg

The champion has decided to enter the ring first, playing to the crowd as he strums his World championship belt to the tune of “Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)”. Tony and Jesse talk about how Hogan is up for quite a different test than usual tonight, and how he may be walking down here so cocky and confident to cover up for being afraid.

<iframe width="220" height="124" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A5O0lQV_BSU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Hawk2.jpg

The challenger wastes no time, rushing the ring and starting this match!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldKoW.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Hawk2.jpg

WCW World Heavyweight Championship – Falls Count Anywhere Match

Hollywood Hogan vs. Road Warrior Hawk

Time Limit: 60:00

Referee: Tommy Young

This match wastes no time, as both champion and challenger immediately drop all pretenses of wrestling and just brawl with one another. Tony reminds fans that even if the two men brawl backstage, the rules of the match only allow for falls to count anywhere, someone could still get disqualified. Tommy Young follows them all over the place, as they head right out of the ring and up the aisle. The lack of selling going on does make one have to suspend disbelief moreso than usual, though. They slam one another into various walls, equipment, and guardrails, and the crowd rock and roll along with it, cheering on the Road Warrior with every slam, bash, and smash. Hogan taunts the fans more face-to-face than usual, really using this match as a great vehicle for getting under everyone’s skin. These two even find their way into the announcer’s booth, sending Tony and Jesse scurrying! Hollywood threatens to bodyslam Hawk through the announcing table, but Hawk blocks it before punching back into control. The match spills back into the aisle, and Hollywood grabs a sign from a fan that had said “Bow Down to the, Bow Down to the Queen” and throws it at Tommy Young. In the confusion, he pulls out a foreign object, slipping it discreetly into his glove before punching Hawk out with it! Hogan doesn’t hit the leg drop on the floor (likely unsure if he would break something) but he hits a few more punches before going for a pin, and getting it to retain the title. Hollywood heads back to the ring and requests his title, wanting to celebrate in the center of the ring with it. He holds it up to the dismay of the crowd, as he asks for his music to be played. But to Hollywood’s surprise, it isn’t “Voodoo Chile” that plays, as the bells begin………

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bg92QpjRcJk?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As Hogan watches the entrance, all he sees is Hawk being assisted out of the arena. He looks around, almost seemingly afraid, as a hand reaches out of the ring to grab Hollywood by his black boot!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting3.jpg

Sting rises out of the ring! How did he even get down there?!? He stands up into the ring, keeping hold of Hogan the whole time, and backing him into the corner! There are no Kings left to rush to Hogan’s aid this time, and “The Stinger” knows it! He has Hogan by the throat! He has the black baseball bat! Hogan is begging off, looking as though he is fearing for his very soul!

But Sting drops Hogan.

He lets him escape, but only after doing one thing.

He grabs the World Heavyweight championship.

As Hollywood escapes, completely unscathed, Sting stands alone in the ring, holding the WCW World Heavyweight championship over his head. Tony and Jesse are dumbfounded at this turn of events, wondering why Sting didn’t do anything more than scare Hogan. Tony says that this is looking like a darker side of Sting, but what’s going on? Is he in cahoots with the Kings of Wrestling? With the New World Order? We will try to find out more tomorrow night on Monday Nitro! The final image of Fall Brawl is of Sting, silently looking on as the crowd are on their feet for him.

Winner in 11:34 and still World champion: Hollywood Hogan

Rating: B (match) / A (segment)

Gimmick and Turn Notes

The Rock ‘n Roll Express have both changed to Old School Face (Wholesome) gimmicks; Morton getting a 100, Gibson an 88.

Belle Libritis turned heel, which was a complete success.

Finally got around to reading Fall Brawl, great job, man! Glad to see DDP pick up the US Title, the timing seems exactly right on that. I was a bit curious to see how the main event would do with Hawk as the challenger, but it worked out pretty well. I also really like how you put your own spin on things like the nWo and now Sting. Most people would probably have gone Crow Sting, but you put your own unique spin on it and I love it. And Hogan vs. Sting? Yes please!

So yeah, another great show and keep doing what you are doing, man!

• 3 weeks later...

WCW Hotline: September 1995, Week 4

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWHotline.jpg

WCW Hotline

4th Week of September 1995

Option 1: Halloween Havoc Control Center!

Option 2: After Fall Brawl!

Option 3: Sting!

Option 4: WCW Monday Nitro preview!

Option 5: Last week’s ratings!

Option 6: “The Professor’s” lesson of the week!

Option 7: WCW Saturday Night preview!

Option 8: Mean Gene’s rumor corner!

Option 9: A gift from the WCW Catalog!

Option 1: Halloween Havoc Control Center!

October is coming back upon us, and that means tricks, treats… and Halloween Havoc! We will be holding the show on October 22nd from the famed Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. Only one match has been added to the event thus far, as the World Tag Team championships will be on the line! The KoW’s Wonderful Destruction Crew look to put away hometown heroes Rick and Scott Steiner in front of their own friends and family!

Option 2: After Fall Brawl!

Arkane was said to have suffered some broken fingers during his match. He will be working through the pain, but WCW have told him he probably won’t be in any matches until he’s healed up anyways. After the show was over, Harley Race took center stage to give a speech to “the boys” where he complimented Randy Savage on his match, who seemed pleased. He also praised Booker T for doing a great job in the World Tag Team title match, who seemed happy about being singled out like that. And Sting was told he is awesome, who was pleased with the call-out. Many within the company are feeling that the show was a success.

Option 3: Sting!

The ending of Fall Brawl was met with a collective gasp, as beloved Sting showed some very strange tendencies, actually taking the World Heavyweight championship hostage! Sting will be LIVE on WCW Monday Nitro this week, and we hope to find out just what is going through his mind!

Option 4: WCW Monday Nitro preview!

Nitro heads to Billings, Montana and the MetraPark Arena for the shocking aftermath of Fall Brawl! We have received confirmation that we will be hearing from Sting for the first time in months! Also, Steve Austin takes on Johnny B. Badd, also Roddy Piper and Eddy Guerrero are both in action! Good luck finding action like this on any other Monday night program! Come and see where the big boys play at 7pm on TNT, 10pm on TSN!

Option 5: Last week’s Neilson ratings!

WCW Monday Nitro held strong on TNT with the same rating as last week, a 7.72, while Monday Night Raw floundered at a paltry 4.61 on USA. Raw on TSN only drew a 1.08, while Nitro drew a 1.6. WCW Saturday Night on TBS rose to a 6.48, while it held in there on DSF at 0.74. The Fall Brawl pre-show Main Event rose to a 0.71. Fall Brawl itself drew a 4.19 PPV buyrate, which is our fifth highest buyrate ever since Hulk Hogan came to WCW. The WWF tried to pull some of our buyers away by putting on an In Your House pay-per-view the night before, but they only got a 1.47 buyrate.

Option 6: “The Professor” Mike Tenay’s history lesson of the week!

With Fall Brawl having been a huge hit, we now turn our sights toward Halloween Havoc! I, for one, cannot wait to get to the historic Joe Louis Arena, which hasn’t held any WCW shows before. The Detroit fans will be in for a wild ride, I’m sure!

Option 7: WCW Saturday Night preview!

WCW Saturday Night will feature a few big matches, as Harlem Heat take on two members of the Four Horsemen, and both the World Television and the US Tag Team titles are on the line!

Option 8: “Mean Gene” Okerlund’s rumor corner!

Is there trouble brewing in the Horsemen camp? Following Owen Hart’s pinfall loss to Antonio Inoki, Horsemen head Ric Flair was heard screaming in the locker room for most of the night! Will this affect the team, or will they be able to put it behind them?

Option 9: A special gift from the WCW Catalog!

Order a WCW fleece sweatshirt for October now, and get 30% off the retail price!

--------------------

The Fall Brawl prediction contest was CLOSE. But one name came up against them all:

PPV Prediction Contest (out of 9)

SkipMartin – 8

Smasher1311 – 7

crackerjack – 6

TheBigBad1013 – 6

TeflonBilly – 6

CPBHBK – 5

Mootinie – 5

TheBooker – 5

The Final Countdown – 5

The Lloyd – 5

#HEEL – 4

So as soon as I think of a prize, it will be PM'd to Skippy. Thanks for predicting everyone!

WCW Monday Nitro - September 25th, 1995

Oh, did you think that a Hotline was all I was posting tonight? I'M NOT THAT LAZY!

<iframe width="350" height="263" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cXXWw8AneQw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

September 25th, 1995

Held at: MetraPark Arena in Billings, Montana (North West)

Attendance: 10,000

Show Runtime: One Hour and Four Minutes

This show lost us popularity in 1 regions.

WCW Monday Nitro begins with footage that Sting is indeed in the arena – and he is carrying both his black baseball bat and the World Heavyweight title over his shoulder!

A quick highlight package from Fall Brawl is shown next, with still frames presented by WCW Magazine. It features “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton rolling up Lord Steven Regal, Diamond Dallas Page winning the United States Heavyweight title, Antonio Inoki and Ric Flair throwing chops at one another, Steve Austin brawling with Roddy Piper, and Sting holding the World title in the air while pointing at Hollywood Hogan with his bat.

The opening contest of Nitro features a non-title match as TV champion “Latino Heat” Eddy Guerrero takes on decorated veteran “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton. The two put on a match that features very good action, even if the crowd aren’t that into it. Eddy seems very confident, but underestimating Bobby proves to go the same way that Lord Regal doing so went, as Eaton catches Eddy coming off the top rope with a crossbody and rolls him through for the shocking pin!

Match Time: 6:47

“The Total Package” Lex Luger is backstage with “Mean” Gene Okerlund, and Gene asks Luger what he thinks of the events that transpired at the end of Fall Brawl. Luger says that he was busy guarding The Giant backstage, but he heard about it from some of the other wrestlers. He tells Gene that he has no idea what is going on with Sting lately, but he’s going to head out to the ring later to do two things: challenge Hollywood Hogan for a match at Halloween Havoc, and ask his old friend to come down and explain himself.

Notes: Lex improvised well.

“The Rocker” Marty Jannetty may not have a great win-loss record here in WCW, but that doesn’t stop him from pulling out all the stops as he goes up against one of the heads of the KoW, “Hot Rod” Roddy Piper, who comes accompanied by WCW Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel. Marty’s fast-paced offense keeps him in the match, but the man on the outside is what causes the match ending, as Nick shakes the ropes, causing Jannetty to lose his balance and drop clear to the outside of the ring! Piper takes quick advantage, shoving a knocked-out Marty in and locking on the sleeperhold for the victory.

Match Time: 7:56

We seem to be headed to a commercial break, but instead three of the four New World Order members take over the screen in a grainy, jumpy image. Jeff Jarrett says that the nWo are now, new, and the next big things in wrestling. He adds that “The Loose Cannon” will be addressing Sting later, but they have some other people to talk about right now, one of which he and Scott know well. Vader growls into the camera, as Hall says that “Flexy Lexy” needs to start minding his own business; instead of worrying about Sting, he best head back to the gym and work on his tan, because the nWo are in charge. Hall says now that Lexy and Hawk both failed to bring home the gold, then the trio from Chicago need to either step out, or get put out, by the New World Order.

Notes: Hall and Jarrett both used the freedom of improvising to their advantage here.

Sting is found backstage, but not by anyone he seems to want to see – “Lionheart” Chris Jericho and Rick Rude have discovered his hiding spot! Jericho gets right in Sting’s face, saying that it appears everything Chris and Rude have said about him in the past few months must have been true; that Sting is no hero, he’s just a phony hiding behind his face paint, ignoring the fans and even worse, ignoring the people who are better than him! Sting silences Jericho by yelling over him, saying that he has been listening to Jericho run his mouth for the past few weeks, but he didn’t acknowledge him because he didn’t want to embarrass him! Sting says that if Jericho thinks he’s good enough, then he will deal with him at Halloween Havoc! But right now, he has bigger things on his mind. He glances at Rude and holds up the baseball bat, shoving him away – before thanking him for the bat, and then Sting walks off, slamming a door in the duo’s faces. Where is he going? Jericho looks ready to cry because of Sting “not letting him talk”.

Notes: Sting didn’t do well off-script, but his performance was good. Meanwhile, Jericho was masterful at improvising his interactions.

Hollywood Hogan stands backstage alongside the massive frame of The Giant, and he mostly just says that he doesn’t care about Luger or his boyfriend Sting, he just wants his belt back! He says that he will be out in the ring later tonight to get what’s his!

Notes: Hogan improvised superbly, and really came across well.

The evening’s main event features Johnny B. Badd as he takes on an old nemesis, Steve Austin! The match features some good action, as the two know one another well. Roddy Piper joins commentary, but doesn’t get involved; he watches on as Badd gets drilled with the Stunner and pinned. At that point is when Piper decides to get in the ring, and the potential brawl is only held apart when a slew of other superstars rush the ring to pull the two apart!

Match Time: 12:05

Ratings: B- / B+

When Nitro comes back from break, Ted DiBiase and Eric Bischoff are in the ring. Eric says that there is no need to change that dial and definitely no need to watch any other wrestling tonight, as you’re only missing out on “The Hitman” getting sat on by the Samoan-Japanese, and Vinnie Vegas and his little buddy defeating Tonto and “flame brain”. Eric says that he and Ted are out here to talk about one thing, and that’s the thief in our midst! DiBiase puts forth a much softer tone, saying that they would like to speak with Sting and get things straightened out with the World title. Hollywood Hogan crashes the party first, however, as he gets into the ring. Hogan says that he wants what is his, and he wants it right now! He wants not only his title back, but being the star that he is, he should never have been treated that way – and that means he wants a formal apology as well! Eric tries to calm the champion down, and the fellow KoW member is able to get Hogan to calm himself. The tirade gets cut off by the arrival of

, who says that he’s glad Hogan is out here because he will be Hollywood’s next challenger! Hogan (naturally) responds that Lex already failed his shot, but Luger says that it was only by the hand of The Giant that he lost, and that Hogan was about to submit for the World championship! The two look ready to brawl, but they get interrupted by the sound of the sirens, which brings out “The Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman! Brian says that Luger has had more title shots than anyone else in World Championship Wrestling, and as a new day in WCW, the man who should actually be going for the World title should represent the New World Order! Brian says that he has never been handed anything in his life, and that’s why if DiBiase wants somebody to rip, claw, and scratch that title away from Hogan, if not Sting then why not fire off “The Loose Cannon”? Hogan starts to laugh, until Pillman slaps his sunglasses off! Hogan starts to come after Brian, but Luger gets in the way, as Brian runs behind Bischoff, using him as a human shield! DiBiase starts trying to calm things down, but what finally gets everyone’s attention is the voice of Sting!

As the clock strikes 8 PM, Tony Schiavone says that TNT will allow us to stay with this, as the cameras finally find Sting up in the rafters, dangling the World Heavyweight title over the ledge in front of him! Sting addresses everyone, saying that for the past year, people have been asking him “What’s up with Sting?” He says that he tried to just keep up his happy face, keep saying that he’s going to stay true to the Little Stingers, keep plugging along until he can get what should be his: the World championship shot. He says then, he got screwed over by Nick Bockwinkel and the Kings of Wrestling, and he wasn’t able to get a title match for a year since last November. He talks about having been the first man to make Hollywood Hogan submit – but it wasn’t a title match. He says that it all makes sense now, because both Nick and Bischoff were just pawns of Hogan’s, but he asks “where was Lex Luger earlier this year? Where was Ted DiBiase? Where were all of his so-called friends to stand up for him?” He says that the only man to speak plainly to him all year was Brian Pillman. Sting says that WCW has abandoned him; so he took what should rightly be his, by force – and it felt pretty good! He says that if they want this back, then they will get it at Halloween Havoc; he will let it down from the rafters, and they can climb a ladder to get it! Sting says that he will give it back, in a ladder match between Hollywood Hogan, Lex Luger, AND Brian Pillman! Sting says that the only thing for sure about Sting now, is that nothing is for sure – and you can just consider him a free agent! The show goes off the air with Sting walking back into the shadows, as this shocking turn of events has everyone in a complete hush!

Notes: Hogan improvised superbly again, and also came across well. Eric looked lost in the shuffle. Luger worked the crowd really well, and Brian also improvised superbly.

WCW Television: Sept. 30th/Oct. 1st, 1995

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/62ZdaPycJP8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“This week on WCW Saturday Night! Harlem Heat will take on two of the Four Horsemen! JPL goes up against the assault of Hakushi! Eddy Guerrero defends his TV title against the flag waving Patriot! The US Tag Team titles are on the line, will the Armstrong Brothers be ready for the hoe-down? And the Oddballs of wrestling face Ricky and Robert! All tonight on WCW Saturday Night!”

Taped on Thursday, September 28th, 1995

Held at: Idaho Center Amphitheater in Nampa, Idaho (North West)

Attendance: 10,500

Show Runtime: Two Hours (with five minute overrun)

This show increased our popularity in 4 regions. This show lost us popularity in 11 regions.

“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, along with Magnum TA, opens WCW Saturday Night in the ring with a microphone. He calls out the Four Horsemen, saying that he’s beaten Eddy and Owen, and at Fall Brawl his team defeated the Horsemen team; that means the only way left to go is up, and that’s to the two heads of the group. Before he can even name them off, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson emerge from the back, flanked by Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. Flair scoffs at Dustin, saying that he better quit while he’s ahead. Ric says that he has bigger things to worry about than “the baby Dream” which makes Magnum livid in the ring. Bobby steps in, and he says that instead, they have an enforcer for that. The focus shifts to Anderson, who says that Dustin better not think that Arn would pull any punches on him just because the two had a time of teaming together; it is because of that time that Arn will treat him as the dangerous competitor that Dustin could be. Arn adds that “nobody defeats all four of the Horsemen; you may have two of us under your belt, but you’ve only faced the new members. Now it’s sink or swim time in the big leagues, son”. Anderson ups the ante, saying that in Detroit at Halloween Havoc, Dustin better not waste his time with ring gear or pomp and circumstance; because when he steps into the ring with “The Enforcer”, it’s going to be a Street Fight! Magnum seems like he wants to confir with Dustin, but Rhodes is already shaking his head, agreeing to the stipulation! What a match added to Halloween Havoc, and what a way to start this week’s WCW Saturday Night!

Notes: Dustin was masterful improvising some interaction with the crowd here, and Magnum helped him a lot. Heenan helped Anderson, who improvised well. Flair also worked the crowd well, playing to them with a great performance.

A quick recap video shows the closing segment of WCW Monday Nitro, which featured Hollywood Hogan, “The Total Package” Lex Luger, “Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman, and the cryptic words of Sting.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund has found The Four Horsemen en masse backstage, but this one isn’t as boastful and confident as Flair and Anderson were out in the ring. Instead, Gene gets almost ignored as Flair goes off regarding the performance of the newest members as of late. Flair chews both Owen and Eddy out, yelling first about Hart being pinned by Antonio Inoki at Fall Brawl and then about Guerrero losing to Bobby Eaton on Nitro. “Horsemen are the elite! Horsemen don’t lose to guys like those!” Flair talks about how both of them lost to Dustin Rhodes, when he shouldn’t even have gotten a lucky shot on them! Anderson stays quiet in the background, his steely glare matching any negative words Flair can lay out. Flair says that Eddy has to keep that belt in the Horsemen at Havoc when he faces Eaton again, and he doesn’t care if he lies, cheats, or steals to keep it. He says that he himself will be taking care of Inoki at the show, putting the Hall of Famer in his place once and for all. And he says that tonight, he will personally team up with Owen as they take on Harlem Heat. Flair says “Remember, we are the elite! The Symbol of Excellence! If they aren’t Horsemen, that’s because they aren’t on our level! And that means we will be the best now, later, and forever!”

Notes: Arn’s performance was good.

The opening contest features Terry Taylor taking on Lord Steven Regal. Regal hasn’t had much luck as of late in WCW, but he certainly looks as though he’s trying to get on track here. The crowd aren’t much for this one, but the two put on a solid match, which Regal wins via the Regal Stretch. Earl Clayton was on commentary, but he and Terry Funk clashed and hurt the match.

Match Time: 9:49

“The Professor” Mike Tenay is in the KoW gym, as Bubba Rogers is overseeing as Smash runs drills on both California Kip and Devon King. Smash seems to be going a bit harder on King than he is on Kip, as he takes the superfan’s homemade KoW shirt and pulls it around his neck during situps. Rogers says that Kip and King will be ready to dominate wrestling once King successfully transitions from fan to wrestler.

Eric Bischoff is now seen interviewing “Macho Man” Randy Savage. Savage talks about Cactus Jack, saying that Jack’s DQ win at Fall Brawl is just the beginning; Savage says that he isn’t done with Cactus yet, and won’t be until he feels Jack is finished, yeah.

Notes: Savage, as always, improvises well. Eric was very underwhelming though.

Hakushi is out for our next bout, as he goes up against fun loving JPL. Hakushi’s high flying offense starts it off fast, but JPL dodges a big move and then after a few quick shots (most of which involve his knee) the Pedigree puts this one away pretty quickly.

Match Time: 5:34

“Mean” Gene is back at it, this time next to Harlem Heat. Booker and Stevie talk about their match in the main event tonight, saying that they never cared which two of the Horsemen they would be facing, because they’re gonna take them down 110th Street and show that while the “other half” don’t live as rich as Horsemen are used to, they know how to fight better, and are going to rearrange some of those pretty faces.

The Giant meets Juventud Guerrera in one-on-one competition tonight. “The Youth Warrior” puts up more of a fight than most of Giant’s opponents do, but once Giant catches Juvi, this one is all over. Hollywood Hogan doesn’t accompany Giant to the ring tonight, instead leaving it to Jimmy Hart. Hart did good work at ringside, but Giant and Guerrera just didn’t gel at all.

Match Time: 5:49

Rating: E+

Rick Rude and “Lionheart” Chris Jericho are shown in a pre-taped segment, where they talk about Sting. Jericho says that Sting can try to look at Jericho like he’s just some young punk, but if Jericho is a young punk, then Sting is a whiny old man who needs to step up or step aside. Rude says that he told everyone for months that Sting needed to toughen up, and now he’s finally listened; however, Rick has already moved on, and he’s going to herald a new champion, a new cause; and that cause is “Lionheart” Chris Jericho, as he pulls Sting into a pretzel and shows why he is the best up-and-coming superstar in wrestling today.

Notes: Compared to Rude, Jericho was very underwhelming.

“Latino Heat” Eddy Guerrero looks to make up for Nitro’s loss as tonight he defends his WCW Television title against The Patriot. 2 Cold Scorpio joins commentary for this one, laughing at Patriot the whole time; though Patriot puts up a good fight, despite the crowd not being that into this match. Guerrero ends up winning with the Frog Splash, retaining the title, but will he do so at Halloween Havoc when “Beautiful” Bobby gets a title shot?

Match Time: 6:40

Smash is shown getting a drink away from the KoW gym, when he bumps into Ron Simmons! Simmons takes offense, and the two argue, getting right in one another’s face! Ted DiBiase overhears them, and he says that if these two want to argue, then they can just fight it out – next week on WCW Saturday Night!

Notes: Smash was underwhelming here, though Jimmy Hart helped him.

The Hillbilly Cousins get a US Tag Team title shot next against The Armstrong Brothers. This one is a solid tag team match, but it doesn’t last very long until the managers become involved and then Terry Gordy hits the ring, plastering Marky with a lariat and giving the win to his Stud Stable mates.

Match Time: 8:08

Colonel Parker, Gordy, and the Armstrongs are joined by Tracy Smothers to get the full Stud Stable together just backstage. Gordy yells about how just because he’s lost the US title, he’s still the crown jewel of the Stud Stable, and he’s still one of the toughest men in wrestling – and that’s a combination that nobody can dream of matching! Smothers adds that he’s done with Steve Armstrong, and he is ready to move on with his career. The Armstrong Brothers still have the US Tag titles, of course, and that’s the biggest claim to fame of the Stable at the moment. Parker applauds all of his men, saying that there are no better wrestlers for his group, and they will be holding all the cards again soon.

Notes: Parker helped everyone involved.

The Oddballs are in the semi-main event tonight, taking on The Rock ‘n Roll Express. The lack of cohesion between Disco and Pittman yet again proves the difference, especially against such veteran athletes like Ricky and Robert. This one doesn’t last long until Gibson is rolling up a distracted “Pitbull” for the win.

Match Time: 7:18

We head back to a dark corner of a dimly lit room to find Cactus Jack brooding over his DQ win at Fall Brawl. He says that as nice as it always is to win, that was not how it was supposed to go; what should have been Jack’s big win over one of wrestling’s great legends, saw him left lying with possible internal injuries. Jack says that, however such a thing has gone in Savage’s past, he’s never faced a man like Cactus Jack. Jack says that he’s been talking to a friend like Steve Austin, and he’s been talking to Ted DiBiase, and we’re at Halloween Havoc, which has kind of a legacy – “and we call it: Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal!”

Notes: Jack improvised well here.

A set of graphics came up for next week’s WCW Monday Nitro, which will feature words from the Road Warriors and the New World Order, as well as Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat taking on “Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman.

Main event time as Harlem Heat take on the Horsemen duo of Ric Flair and Owen Hart. This match has a lot of time to work with, and the action is great. The crowd are into it as well, really getting behind the Heat in this match. Flair seems to be keeping a good eye on the younger member of the Horsemen, but Owen lives up to his pedigree (not JPL’s move) by locking Booker in the Indian Deathlock for the victory.

Match Time: 19:18

<iframe width="220" height="124" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AahYei4Zuw0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WCW Main Event

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Gary Michael Cappetta

Nitro recap video: the main event promo involving Hollywood Hogan, Lex Luger, Brian Pillman, and Sting (B)

The Flying Spyder & Ichii Yazaki d. Arkane & Rio the Renegade, Spyder rolling up Arkane with a flash pin (D-)

“Mean” Gene stops Yazaki and The Queen, and Queen dodges questions about Hogan as she talks up Yazaki as a future champion and great person (D)

Dean Malenko d. Art Barr with the Texas Cloverleaf (C-)

Larry Zbyszko distracts Malenko, leading to an attack by Lance Storm (D)

Earl William Clayton squashes Shane Sewell (E)

Saturday Night recap video: words by the Horsemen about Dustin Rhodes and Antonio Inoki (C-)

The Flying Spyder is found by Dr. Karnage and Biohazard, who pulls him to the ground and destroys him as Karnage laughs (E+)

2 Cold Scorpio d. Hysteria after interference from Dawn Marie (C-)

Gimmick and Turn Notes

Dawn Marie is now using an Eye Candy (Cocky) gimmick, which rated at 98.

In the World: September 1995

Company Name: World Championship Wrestling (WCW)

Owner: Ted Turner

Booker: Eric Bischoff/Harley Race

Size: International

Prestige: 100

Momentum: 81

Ranking: 1st

TV Shows: WCW Monday Nitro; WCW Saturday Night; WCW Main Event

PPV Coverage: USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Europe, Australia

Titles

WCW World Heavyweight Champion: Hollywood Hogan (held since July Week 3, 1994)

WCW United States Heavyweight Champion: Diamond Dallas Page (held since September Week 3, 1995)

WCW World Television Champion: Eddy Guerrero (held since September Week 1, 1995)

WCW Cruiserweight Champion: Ultimo Dragon (held since July Week 3 1995)

WCW World Tag Team Champions: The Wonderful Destruction Crew (held since August Week 3, 1995)

WCW US Tag Team Champions: The Armstrong Brothers (held since July Week 3, 1995)

The Battlebowl Ring: Ricky Steamboat (held again next March)

Event: WCW Fall Brawl 1995

PPV Buyrate: 4.19

Main Event: Hollywood Hogan d. Road Warrior Hawk (80)

Match of the Night: Dustin Rhodes, Antonio Inoki, Ricky Steamboat, and Barry Windham d. The Four Horsemen (82)

Workers Signed: N/A.

Workers Re-signed: Lanny Poffo; Terry Funk; Paul Orndorff.

Workers Leaving: Bruce Hart; Del Wilkes.

Company Name: World Wrestling Federation (WWF)

Owner: Vince McMahon

Booker: Vince McMahon

Size: National

Prestige: 90

Momentum: 78

Ranking: 2nd

TV Shows: WWF Monday Night Raw

PPV Coverage: USA

Titles

WWF World Heavyweight Champion: Jerry Lawler (held since July Week 3, 1995)

WWF Intercontinental Champion: Bret Hart (held since August Week 4, 1995)

WWF European Champion: Jim Neidhart (held since September Week 2, 1995)

WWF World Tag Team Champions: Sparky Plugg and Mo (held since September Week 3, 1994)

WWF Women’s Champion: Alundra Blayze (held since June Week 1, 1994)

WWF Royal Rumble: Diesel (competed again in January)

WWF King of the Ring: Yokozuna (competed again in June)

Event: WWF In Your House, held Saturday Week 3

PPV Buyrate: 1.47

Main Event: The Undertaker d. Irwin R. Schyster (64)

Match of the Night: Diesel and Shawn Michaels no contest with Warrior and Bam Bam Bigelow (78)

Workers Hired: None.

Workers Re-signed: Shawn Michaels; Duane Gill; Afa.

Workers Leaving: Bob Backlund; Mike Sharpe; Stan Lane.

Company Name: New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW)

Owner: Seiji Sakaguchi

Booker: Antonio Inoki

Prestige: 90

Momentum: 85

Ranking: 3rd

TV Shows: NJPW World Pro Wrestling

PPV Coverage: Japan

Titles

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Akira Taue (held since April Week 4, 1995)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: The Great Sasuke (held since June Week 2, 1995)

IWGP World Tag Team Championship: Satoshi Kojima & Manabu Nakanishi (held since June Week 3, 1995)

G1 Climax: Mitsuharu Misawa (held again in August)

Best of the Super Juniors: Jushin Thunder Liger (held again in June)

Super Grade Tag League: Masahiro Chono & Shinya Hashimoto (held again in October)

Young Lion Cup: Akira Nogami (held again next March)

Event: NJPW Cities Crumble, held Saturday Week 4

PPV Buyrate: 1.50

Main Event: The Unbeatables (Kanemoto and Liger) d. Mutoh and Hashimoto (82)

Match of the Night: Akira Taue d. Mitsuharu Misawa to regain the IWGP World Heavyweight title (90)

Worker Signings: Kintaro Kanemura; Mr. Gannosuke.

Worker Extensions: Manabu Nakanishi.

Workers Left: Owen Hart (loan end).

Company Name: All Japan Pro-Wrestling (AJPW)

Owner: Giant Baba

Booker: Giant Baba

Prestige: 88

Momentum: 74

Ranking: 4th

TV Shows: All Japan Pro Wrestling 30

PPV Coverage: Japan

Titles

AJPW Triple Crown Champion: Toshiaki Kawada (held since September Week 1, 1995)

AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Champion: Mighty Inoue (held since June Week 2, 1995)

AJPW Unified World Tag Team Champions: Stan Hansen & Kenta Kobashi (held since January Week 3, 1995)

AJPW All Asia Tag Team Champions: Shoichi Funaki & Yoshinari Ogawa (held since September Week 3, 1995)

Champion Carnival: Kenta Kobashi (held in April)

Real World Tag League: Kenta Kobashi & Stan Hansen (held again in December)

Event: AJPW First Wave of Power II, held Thursday, Week 1

PPV Buyrate: 0.30

Main Event: Toshiaki Kawada d. Kenta Kobashi to retain the AJPW Triple Crown title (76)

Match of the Night: Steve Williams & Stan Hansen d. Johnny Ace & Takao Omori (82)

Workers Hired: N/A.

Workers Re-signed: N/A.

Workers Leaving: Rusher Kimura.

Company Name: Smokey Mountain Wrestling (SMW)

Owner: Jim Cornette

Booker: Jim Cornette

Size: Regional

Prestige: 46

Momentum: 72

Ranking: 3rd in USA; 10th in World

TV Shows: SMW TV

PPV Coverage: None

Titles

SMW Heavyweight Champion: Brian Blair (held since August Week 2, 1994)

SMW Beat the Champ Television Champion: Pitbull #2 (held since July Week 2, 1995)

SMW Tag Team Champions: Steven Dunn & Tom Zenk (held since August Week 3, 1994)

Event: SMW Vertigo II; held Saturday, Week 1

Main Event: Brian Blair d. Steven Dunn to retain the SMW Heavyweight Championship (72)

Match of the Night: Greg Valentine d. Jim Duggan (80)

Workers Re-signed: None.

Workers Leaving: None.

Company Name: Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW)

Owner: Tod Gordon

Booker: Paul Heyman

Size: Regional

Prestige: 44

Momentum: 61

Ranking: 5th in USA; 16th in World

TV Shows: ECW Hardcore TV

PPV Coverage: None

Titles

ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Mikey Whipwreck (held since July Week 3, 1995)

ECW World Television Champion: Pitbull #1 (held since September Week 3, 1995)

ECW World Tag Team Champions: Mikey Whipwreck & Pitbull #1 (held since February Week 4, 1995)

Event: ECW Anarchy Rulz 1995; held Sunday, Week 3

Main Event: Shane Douglas, Sandman, and Pitbull #2 d. Tommy Dreamer, Tazmaniac, and Don Harris (74)

Match of the Night: Mikey Whipwreck d. Johnny Grunge to retain the ECW World Heavyweight championship (77)

Workers Re-signed: Axl Rotten.

Workers Leaving: None.

Company News

Rise/Fall: Southern States Wrestling and Tennessee Mountain Wrestling fell to local size; Championship Wrestling USA rose to regional size.

New Companies: None.

New Workers in September:

Hiroyuki Kondo; Prince Iaukea; Mark Sloan; Moore Lebowski (American referee); Ernesto Ortega (Mexican referee); Stephanie Deely (American announcer).

Worker Retirements: Abdullah the Butcher; Bob Brown; Adnan Al-Kaissie; Mickey Doyle.

Worker Deaths: Ray Mendoza.