So I played a game this morning in my 1991 mod to test ppv revenues.

WCW starts with a crazy ppv deal with TimeWarner that gives 80% revenue to WCW!

Run my first ppv and get a 2.59 buy rate. My ppv revenue for the month is 408,355

Then I get a ppv deal in every country in the game, the rest are all 80% to the carrier.

Run my second ppv. PPV buy rate falls to 2.49 and my revenue falls all the way 171,568!

So a 4% drop in buys and a nearly 50% cut in revenue? Not to mention that it's weird that the buys dropped so sharply after being added to Australia, Europe, Japan, Mexico and UK after the first one was only available in US/Canada.

Any thoughts?

Unless I am mistaken, you just get one buy rate per PPV (i.e. you don't get a buy rate per carrier). Therefore, the break down of the buyrates will have something to do with the drop in revenue.

In your first show you have 80% revenue on all of the 2.59 rating. Your second show, however, has 80% on only PART of a 2.49 rating. The buy rate for Time Warner might only have been 0.49 of that, with the other providers making up the remaining 2 points which, at only 20% revenue would be a lot less. I'm not suggested that breakdown is actually the case, but I thought it was probably worth bringing up.

Unless I am mistaken, you just get one buy rate per PPV (i.e. you don't get a buy rate per carrier). Therefore, the break down of the buyrates will have something to do with the drop in revenue.

In your first show you have 80% revenue on all of the 2.59 rating. Your second show, however, has 80% on only PART of a 2.49 rating. The buy rate for Time Warner might only have been 0.49 of that, with the other providers making up the remaining 2 points which, at only 20% revenue would be a lot less. I'm not suggested that breakdown is actually the case, but I thought it was probably worth bringing up.

So going on additional ppv carriers around the world won't add to your buyrate but it will lower your revenue.

That is crazy.

So going on additional ppv carriers around the world won't add to your buyrate but it will lower your revenue.

That is crazy.

I'm not suggesting that it is correct (or logical), but it does seem to be at least partly to blame for your large fall in revenue compared to your fall in buys.

The difference in buys will also be affected by the size of the foreign carrier (and presumably your pop there). You might have had a really good month before (for a legendary event or season finale for example) and your following PPV would always receive a lower buy rate.

It's tough to say because it's not on the default data, but did you recently upgrade a patch? There was an issue previously with the distribution of ppv money being incorrect. If the carrier was supposed to get 80% and you 20% it would reverse and you would get 80 and the carrier 20. Adam fixed that in a recent patch and the income from PPV was corrected.

It's tough to say because it's not on the default data, but did you recently upgrade a patch? There was an issue previously with the distribution of ppv money being incorrect. If the carrier was supposed to get 80% and you 20% it would reverse and you would get 80 and the carrier 20. Adam fixed that in a recent patch and the income from PPV was corrected.

No. Game was started with today's patch.

What's weird is this seems to work against logic, but it also works against the way tv works.

You add a show to another tv station, even if you get a 0.00 rating you see a little income increase and obviously it isn't driving your rating down on the other network.

While we're at it, can we get something about these damn PPV and TV negotiations and networks always wanting 100/100? Maybe something like a network that's wrestling friendly hears that another network is lowballing you so they chime in to make a better offer(such as more seasons, a more reasonable deal on revenue and expenses, etc.)

While we're at it, can we get something about these damn PPV and TV negotiations and networks always wanting 100/100? Maybe something like a network that's wrestling friendly hears that another network is lowballing you so they chime in to make a better offer(such as more seasons, a more reasonable deal on revenue and expenses, etc.)

If that's the case, their offer should definitely depend on the wrestling industry in that country. Even a "wrestling friendly" network would need to take that into account, right?

If that's the case, their offer should definitely depend on the wrestling industry in that country. Even a "wrestling friendly" network would need to take that into account, right?

I'm pretty sure WWE is pretty good about not letting networks just take advantage of them. But hey, what do I know? :rolleyes:

Archived