Has anybody ever attempted an all-of-history kinda mod?

Couldn't think of a way to summarize it well, but what I'm thinking is a mod that would start back in the 50's or so, but is designed for long-term games and/or watchers, with all of the workers and promotions up to present day designed to debut and such at the proper times. Seems like it could be doable with all the narratives and eras and such in the editor, but I imagine it would be a whole lot of work. I've always kinda wanted to play a mod like that, though.

I think it would be hard to do because footage from the 50's, 60's, and even the 70's is very limited. I mean how would one go about trying to figure out stats for Haystacks Calhoun or Gorgeous George (the wrestler not Randy Savage's stripper girlfriend.:D)?

That being said I think it would be a great idea if somebody could pull it off.

Hell of idea I have attempted a 70's mod but couldn't find news on many of the promotions as wrestlers bounced around a lot. Doing the 50's would tough if you can find on all the info you need go ahead I would play it, Plus the worker list would be massive. You would have to decide who to add and who not to add. Try to control the promotions from going national to early.

Death of the Territories circa 1983 is, IMHO, the pinnacle of historical mods. It was made for a former version of TEW.

D.O.T.T. is a great mod, but you had to add workers to it if you ever wanted to play it to present times. Because the creative forces behind it only focused on the 80's and 90's workers when it came to debuting workers.

I did have a look, because I have lots of wrestling history books and the like; along with knowing a few bods from when I worked in the business, but, unfortunately there are just too many gaps and eras with no footage. If someone were to take it on and complete it, it would be such a HUGE undertaking, I don't think that 1 person could actually do it. For what many consider the true beginning of "organized" wrestling you'd be looking at 1948 and the founding of the NWA, so to bring it to the present day, you would need to be knocking on around 65 years, and in that time, how many workers? Maybe 150,000? That's not even including announcers, referees, managers, owners, promoters, etc. The database could end up, with a quarter million records for people. Then we have to look at venues, event names, TV stations, etc. Personally, I just think the project is too huge, and too many records have been lost. But, that said, I would be happy to help anyone who wanted to have a go.

I think if you had a group of people who works on a decade or maybe even 5 years each start from like 1980 all the way up to today and having all the workers in it would be insane. I thought about doing it with some help but ive never made a mod. It would be easier now with the allowing of debut months.

I would love for any real world mod makers to team up on this and make a full world mod( Or atleast a mod of people who have gotten to the US if starting in Europe, Japan, ect. Maybe keep it US, UK, Japan, and Mexico.

That way you have the guys like Drew Galloway, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Mason Ryan, Hunico, Sin Cara,Yoshi Tatsu, ect all get into the game.

• 8 months later...

<p>Adding Historical Figures to Roster</p><p> </p><p>

Now, I have always thought it would be cool to add real world wrestlers from the 60's and 70's in their primes to an 80's/90's mod. Just the cream of the crop, like Jack Brisco, Dusty Rhodes, the Funks, Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race, Rocky Johnson, Mil Mascaris, The Valiant Brothers, The Hollywood Blondes, Toru Tanaka, Dick Slater, Nikoli Volkoff, etc. For the story line, as WCW and WWE battle for supremacy, a third large wrestling alliance has just folded and all of those big names are now free agents.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35805" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the closest there's been to this might be Tommy Tomlin's War Of The Immortals. but I don't think he had too many people active who predated the 80's. Been a while since I played that mod though so my memory could be fuzzy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He actually had a few from before 80s still active such as Nick Bockwinkle stil wrestling but most of those were at the latter half of there years. Bockwinkle is 40 i believe at start of game for 1.</p>

Archived