FBB 2013 Historical League

Since there's no forum for online leagues, I figured I'd post here (I've also posted in the dynasty forum but I'm unsure how many people scroll down to it).

I'm starting a combo pro & college historical league in the 1981-82 season called Hardwood Heroes Basketball. The pro league will use Fast Break Basketball 2013 and the college league will use Fast Break College Basketball 2010. The draft classes will come from the college game into the pro game, allowing you to follow your players from their recruitment through to hopefully induction into the Hall of Fame.

The best part is that these leagues use real players. So you'll get to watch Michael Jordan from his freshman days at NC (he was a frosh in 81-82 as were Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Chris Mullin, Hakeem Olajuwon and a bunch of other future stars) on through his collegiate career and then through his NBA career. I added over 4000 real players to make the NCAA file for the first season and will be adding real recruits as we move forward through history.

The pro league will feature not only the NBA but also the CBA. And the staff on the pro level will be real coaches as well. I'm endeavoring to make this not just a really fun league, but also one that will be immersive and take full advantage of these great sims Brian has created.

To take part in the league you'll need the appropriate sim(s) of course, but the first step will be to sign up over at the league website by clicking on the 'More Info/Sign Up' link in the upper right corner of the homepage and filling out the form to create your coach.

To view the current lineup of pro teams to see who's still available, visit this post on the league forum: http://simsportleagues.com/index.php/forum/pro-league-news-notes-hhbl/30612-gm-team-list

To view the current lineup of human-controlled schools in the college league, you can view that list here: http://simsportleagues.com/hhbl/html/humancoaches.htm

Thanks for reading!

The Pistons are taken, so we're down to four openings: Nets, Bullets, Kings & Suns.

We're really close to getting started, so now is the time to pull the trigger if you're sitting on the fence.

I know promises on the internet typically aren't worth the pixels that display them, but I've been running online leagues since the late 90s in various sims/sports and I guarantee this league will run like clockwork and if we get good participation from the GMs this will be a great time for all involved.

I've got the HTML up for both the college & pro leagues with the caveat that I'm still adding/tweaking the pro staff (only the head coaches with a job are completely finished); mainly working on assistants and coaches without jobs.

You can check out the pro HTML here and the college HTML here

Archived