Announcing team at Regional

It's been a while since I played a fed this small, and not at all on 2013. I'm newly arrived at Regional, and I know that an announcing team benefits from experience gained from working together.

Given that I'm a long way away from getting TV or a PPV deal, is it worth me getting an announce team trained up? I'm bringing in 30k+ a month right now, so the money's there.

If I do get a team in, what sort of skill level should I be looking for? I could get Mitch Naess (84 for announcing), Jim Lou Freebush (72), Jerome Turner (63) and various others, and no doubt the greater the skill, the more expensive they'll be. If I get no benefit from them at this stage, spending a lot of money just to build up experience seems daft... unless the experience bonus at high levels makes up for it.

So, what're folks' experience of announcers? Worth laying out the cash at my size? Or am I getting way ahead of myself?

It's been a while since I played a fed this small, and not at all on 2013. I'm newly arrived at Regional, and I know that an announcing team benefits from experience gained from working together.

Given that I'm a long way away from getting TV or a PPV deal, is it worth me getting an announce team trained up? I'm bringing in 30k+ a month right now, so the money's there.

If I do get a team in, what sort of skill level should I be looking for? I could get Mitch Naess (84 for announcing), Jim Lou Freebush (72), Jerome Turner (63) and various others, and no doubt the greater the skill, the more expensive they'll be. If I get no benefit from them at this stage, spending a lot of money just to build up experience seems daft... unless the experience bonus at high levels makes up for it.

So, what're folks' experience of announcers? Worth laying out the cash at my size? Or am I getting way ahead of myself?

If you have more than enoufh cash flow you should always increase to a better worker. But I am also a small promotion(1 level above Local) and I am keeping the same announce team. I think its like a Tag Team. On or Off TV they are still gaining XP together. I think its the same way.

I would go for getting a team since it would run you maybe 3k max for the two guys and you seem like you can afford it.

I would look for younger announcers who are decent because they have a chance to improve and are likely less to be grabbed by a bigger company eventually, on top of becoming better over time. My current Announce team in my American Comedy/Lucha promotion run by Edd Stone is currently Remington Remus and a rookie Mac Smith, costing 900 and 620 per show respectively.

I would go with an announce team. In fact, I would've gone with an announce team from the very beginning. An announce team with max experience can add a lot to a match, in reality and in TEW. Right now, you're probably stuck since you don't have many options for announcers (the ones you mentioned being the primary ones). I tend to prefer going with rookies, as soon as one is generated with a decent skillset (and attitude). But unless you've had a rookie debut with announcing skill of around 60 or 65, you're probably resigned to a retread. Just keep in mind that the ding you get to every match due to announcer experience, isn't that big a deal.

If you do go ahead, don't sign Naess... his ownership of PSW will be an issue when you get bigger, much as he's a great announcer.

Good point. I've picked him up as I have plenty of clashes with PSW anyway, so am used to avoiding them, but as time goes by...

Well, at least I know he won't get taken off to a written deal by SWF or whoever.

I've got Naess and a retired Cherry Bomb for $2,900 total. I'll see how they go and maybe review if price becomes an issue. Thanks all for the help.

Archived