WNBA Mods

Here are WNBA logos which includes defunct teams from that league. Here's the WNBA CSV, I put all of the teams in a generic arena that seats 10000 and all of the teams in my league play in a small market just to keep it WNBA realistic.

In order for you to generate female players, you need petrel's women's college basketball mod. (I have a separate install on my machine just for WBB so it doesn't infect my men's leagues) and then once that league generates draft classes for you, you should be good to go. To get around the fact that the game generates men at first (because no way I felt like editing my pro league to make it generate women names) I just use the WNBA teams anyway, set the season to 1 game for one season, then the following year women start to enter.

I keep the short-season setup for enough years to get men purged out of the system (20 years to be safe..) and then begin simming in earnest with a full-fledged WNBA season.

Another way would be to have a small league of two teams that ran a short season until that league ended and then have the WNBA come online 20 years into the future, with draft classes prepped for that time.

So for the +/- five people that would want to play this way, here it is.

Name Files

Here's a female first names list for all of the countries, in the off-chance some goofball other than me wants to play that way.

You'll want to go to your install directory, make a copy of and rename the existing First Names folder as "Men's First Names" that way you don't lose them when you're done being silly and playing WNBA.

Then you extract these name files into the First Names folder, it overwrites them and then your new league will have female named generated players, which saves you the trouble of having to delete the men who show up, even if you have a feeder league full of women names.

Good luck and enjoy.

Archived