I have been looking at how the game is being played out and in my opinion players seem to peak too early and drop suddenly. I see that they peak at 29 or 30 and by 32 a player which is a MVP caliber player can be a borderline substitute. I noticed this with a lot of players such as Karl Malone, Jordan, Hakeem and so on.

I think players should develop slightly slower and drop slower as well. It should also be possible to see extremely good players possibly be playing into their very late 30s or even 40s. After peaking they should still be close to their top level for at least 3-4 years, with their sudden drop starting at around 34-36ish.

Also having a varied peaking time would be nice to have more variety. Peaking should be anything from 28 to 32y.

I have been looking at how the game is being played out and in my opinion players seem to peak too early and drop suddenly. I see that they peak at 29 or 30 and by 32 a player which is a MVP caliber player can be a borderline substitute. I noticed this with a lot of players such as Karl Malone, Jordan, Hakeem and so on.

I think players should develop slightly slower and drop slower as well. It should also be possible to see extremely good players possibly be playing into their very late 30s or even 40s. After peaking they should still be close to their top level for at least 3-4 years, with their sudden drop starting at around 34-36ish.

Also having a varied peaking time would be nice to have more variety. Peaking should be anything from 28 to 32y.

Agreed. I've only played historical leagues so far, but a players decline seems far to predictable and identical in nearly all cases.

Am having fun seeing some players ratings slowly creep up though. Have a 27 year old who has gone from barely a role player to green/blue.

It is certainly worth looking into. I think there might be a bit too much randomness especially when dealing with the historical db where we have more information about how long the player's career was. One of the factors for longevity gets randomized for each game so that is probably the first thing to take a look at.

Archived