Fast Break College conversion

Ok first of all, i want to buy the College ball game, but i have already bought the Fast break full version. How can i get the discount on the College version, i notice the bundle is up on the site.

Next, how are the players transferred from the colleges to the main game? Do you need to import the files or is it done automatically to save time?

Fast Break college conversion

I don't think that you can get the college game at a discount I believe it's only for both of them together. If you already have the pro version of fast break then you will have to buy the college version at its full price. Again in order to get that discount you have to buy both fast break versions together. You can't just buy one you need to buy both together.

I don't think that you can get the college game at a discount I believe it's only for both of them together. If you already have the pro version of fast break then you will have to buy the college version at its full price. Again in order to get that discount you have to buy both fast break versions together. You can't just buy one you need to buy both together.

The bundle wasn't there at first. Seems a little unfair to early adopters.

We occasionally run promotions to try to get more people to try our games. We've done it with Bowl Bound, Adam's stuff and Brian's. Given we release the demo at or before the full priced version (most companies wait to release the demo after the full version has been out for a while) and don't charge a ton ($34.95), I think you get a pretty good value by purchasing early.

As to the process, Brian can give specifics - but essentially you export the class at the end of the college season and import them into the pro game as the incoming draft pool.

So basically what you are saying is that if you spent money early to buy FBB2013 then you lose out? That seems VERY unfair. Most companies try to reward the older clients, not penalize them for spending.

I am pretty sure this is not the case. I will wait for an admin to answer. One thing is certain, if that is the case i wont bother getting the college version. Not spending another 35$ just to get draft imports to my main game. Even the 25$ extra being proposed is a bit much, but i could go for that

We occasionally run promotions to try to get more people to try our games. We've done it with Bowl Bound, Adam's stuff and Brian's. Given we release the demo at or before the full priced version (most companies wait to release the demo after the full version has been out for a while) and don't charge a ton ($34.95), I think you get a pretty good value by purchasing early.

Sorry for the double post. It seems we both posted at the same time.

So as a confirmation. If we already own FBB, can we get the discount on the college version of the game?

So basically what you are saying is that if you spent money early to buy FBB2013 then you lose out? That seems VERY unfair. Most companies try to reward the older clients, not penalize them for spending.

I am pretty sure this is not the case. I will wait for an admin to answer. One thing is certain, if that is the case i wont bother getting the college version. Not spending another 35$ just to get draft imports to my main game. Even the 25$ extra being proposed is a bit much, but i could go for that

I wouldn't say you lost out. Early adopters get to shape the game with initial feedback. I know that Brian has already implemented dozens of new requests into the full version over the past month. Companies always run promotions around events to try and capitalize on new customers. As an early adopter, the more customers a game can land - the better the game will end up being. So, this process helps everyone.

Sorry for the double post. It seems we both posted at the same time.

So as a confirmation. If we already own FBB, can we get the discount on the college version of the game?

Currently, the promotion is only for people buying both games. We are trying to get people who haven't played either to purchase both games by discounting both around $5 for the bundle.

The key thing in the College game is making sure that the Output Draft files option is set to Yes. The draft file will be created when you hit the end season button. Draft files will be stored in the draftfiles folder inside the main folder for your save.

The goal is to make the import process automatic once you have the proper settings. The pro game will look in the save folder from the college game and use the appropriate draft file every season when it creates the draft pool during the training camps phase. You'll want to set the Source to FBCB Import and set the FBCB Import League to the FBCB league you want to import from. The import season dropdown is where you'll have a choice. It will display the following options : Current Season, No files remaining, plus any draft files it finds. When you set it to current season, it will attempt to automatically import the draft file that matches the current season the pro game is in from the FBCB leagues save folder each year. If you choose a specific draft file from the list, then each year the game will import the next draft file in the list until it runs out of draft files. At that point the drop down will switch to no files remaining.

In order to run the leagues side by side using the same season, manual import will work much better for you. What you do is copy the FBCB draft file over to the draft files folder. You can locate this folder by going to Draft Files under the tools menu and choosing "Open Folder". Then go to the Current League Editor and set the dropdown to Draft Pool and select your league. Then press import and the game will display the list of draft files to choose from.

Archived