[RELEASE]Effverse: Not Ready for Prime Time (Organic)

This is a new mod similar to my Organic Effverse. It is still an organic mod, starting with one promotion and some wrestlers. More promotions will debut and the game will generate the workers.

Where this is different is that its starting date is 1980, where television is already booming and the cable age is on the horizon. Promotions come about much quicker than the previous mod and have higher pop.

This mod isn't simply the old mod with a new date, as it will actually use the original mod as part of the backstory. This backstory can be read partially in this post, with more flavor and story in the bios of the workers and promotions.

The Rise and Fall of Professional Wrestling (1920-1932)

The forming of the first true pro wrestling promotion, Southern Pro Wrestling, catapulted what had been a Carnival side show into a popular and legitimate sport. Fans quickly took the the idea, pushing for more promotions to open up in the United States and across the world. Men like Joe Boone, Daniel Loiselle, and Levi Andrews would translate their success and popularity in the United States to open up promotions of their own, continuing the traditions all had formed in SPW. It didn't take long for pro wrestling to become a global sport as successful promotions could be found in America, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Japan, England and Australia. The quick rise of the sport and selection of Los Angeles as an Olympic host made for a perfect marriage; professional wrestling as an Olympic competition. This decision would ultimately lead to wrestling's catastrophic ending.

Much like any other Olympic competition, trials and matches were scheduled in each competing country, putting together the official teams. It was no surprise that some of the SPW originals were captains for their country's teams. As the competitions went on, it was no surprise that these originals were the stars and ultimately being ones who claimed medals. In a bit of a surprise, major underdog Levi Andrews upset, six time wrestler of the year, Danielle Loiselle to claim the gold medal. This was a major shock and a lot of money was lost in gambling. When the dust settled on the Olympics there were still some left with sour tastes in their mouths, specifically the International Olympic Committee and certain organized crime members. Pro Wrestling, for the first time, was really being looked at under a microscope.

The hammer dropped. The digging into pro wrestling revealed an ugly secret that all in the business had known and kept hidden; wrestling was fixed. Evidence found that dating back until at least the birth of SPW, pro wrestlers were predetermining the outcome of matches in order to get the most from the fans. This even included the Olympics. The founding members of Southern Pro had concocted a plan that would put most of them over as well as ensure a major payday for all those involved. The world was outraged. The entire competition was stricken from the books, pro wrestling permanently removed from the Olympics, and each country left to handle the disciplines on their own. With many of the wrestlers terrified of potential mafia blowback, they worked closely and willingly with the government bodies to reach a deal. America was the first to outright ban the "sport", with many countries following suit after. Professional wrestling was dead.

Effverse: Not Ready for Prime Time v1.1

Effverse: NRFPT 1995 Save Game

Effverse: NRFPT 1993 Save Game (2 National+ Companies)

Effverse: NRFPT 2000 Save Game (3 National+ Companies)

*Just plop this into your Databases/Effverse TV/SaveGames folder

Diaries

Zergon: [Effverse: NRFPT] Am I ready for Prime Time?

pyroman: To UWW and Beyond... A journey through the Effverse [NRFPT]

pyroman: UWW: United Women's Wrestling... A journey through the Effverse [NRFPT]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is currently in the beta stage, but is close to completion. Please download and enjoy the data, letting me know any issues that you may find or suggestions that you have.

Known Issues:

TPW quickly falling to regional.

Promotions without bios.

No women's title.

It looks as though I'll have to add a full set of titles for all the promotions with a female division, so if you would like to suggest title names for any of those promotions, please feel free to do so.

AAW Diva's Title

AXE Femme Fatale Title

B:WSW Womens Title

BDW Joshi Puro Title

CSW Womens Title

CCU Knockout Title

ECXW Womens Hardcore Title

EW Womens Title

ECW Ladies British Title

FSPW Joshi Title

FTW Queen of Hardcore Title

FFA Womens Title

FMW Womens Title

GWE European Womens Title

GSE Diva's Title

GCW Womens Title

HIW Joshi Title

HPW ------- ?

IWL -------?

L10W Bombshell Title

Reina de Reinas LCM

That's all I've got for now.

AAW Diva's Title

AXE Femme Fatale Title

BDW Joshi Puro Title

CSW Womens Title

CCU Knockout Title

EW Womens Title

ECW Ladies British Title

FSPW Joshi Title

FFA Womens Title

FMW Womens Title

GSE Diva's Title

GCW Womens Title

HIW Joshi Title

HPW ------- ?

IWL -------?

L10W Bombshell Title

Reina de Reinas LCM

Adding an OPW Queen's Championship to this list! Might add more in a second.

AAW Diva's Title

AXE Femme Fatale Title

BDW Joshi Puro Title

CSW Womens Title

CCU Knockout Title

EW Womens Title

ECW Ladies British Title

FSPW Joshi Title

FFA Womens Title

FMW Womens Title

GSE Diva's Title

GCW Womens Title

HIW Joshi Title

HPW ------- ?

IWL -------?

L10W Bombshell Title

Reina de Reinas LCM

Adding an OPW Queen's Championship to this list! Might add more in a second.

Awesome guys!

If you have any of the other title names for those promotions, feel free to throw those at me too. I'll have to create a full title set for all the promotions with a womens division so that they will have regular titles and a womens title.

Awesome guys!

If you have any of the other title names for those promotions, feel free to throw those at me too. I'll have to create a full title set for all the promotions with a womens division so that they will have regular titles and a womens title.

I'll give you some Mexican title names I've used when these promotions debut (not a lover of "Global" or "Arena" Championships)

FPLM

Campeón de FPLM (Main event)

Campeón de Peso Welter FPLM (Small wrestlers)

Campeón de Televisión FPLM (Secondary)

Campeón de Parejas FPLM (Tag Team)

GLLM

Campeón Mundial de Completo GLLM (Main event)

Campeón de Parejas GLLM (Tag Team)

Campeón de Crucero GLLM (Cruiserweights)

Campeón Mundial de Tercias GLLM (Six Man Tag)

Campeón Mundial de Peso Semicompleto GLLM (Secondary)

LUCHA

Megacampeonato de LUCHA (Main event)

Campeón de Parejas LUCHA (Tag Team)

Campeón LUCHA Fusión (Secondary)

Those are all I have.

I'll give you some Mexican title names I've used when these promotions debut (not a lover of "Global" or "Arena" Championships)

FPLM

Campeón de FPLM (Main event)

Campeón de Peso Welter FPLM (Small wrestlers)

Campeón de Televisión FPLM (Secondary)

Campeón de Parejas FPLM (Tag Team)

GLLM

Campeón Mundial de Completo GLLM (Main event)

Campeón de Parejas GLLM (Tag Team)

Campeón de Crucero GLLM (Cruiserweights)

Campeón Mundial de Tercias GLLM (Six Man Tag)

Campeón Mundial de Peso Semicompleto GLLM (Secondary)

LUCHA

Megacampeonato de LUCHA (Main event)

Campeón de Parejas LUCHA (Tag Team)

Campeón LUCHA Fusión (Secondary)

Those are all I have.

Just thought up a few random titles:

OPW World Heavyweight Championship

OPW Atop of Olympus Tournament Title

[Velocity] High Stakes Championship

[Velocity] Too Fast Tag Team Championships

ESC Mediterranean World Championship

That's all I've got for now, Bossman IER!

Been looking forward for this data so I went right into a watchers game.

By 1990 there are 36 promotions but only 198 workers in my game.

What is your "New Worker Frequency" setting set to? For the first...6 months at least [in my personal opinion] it should have been Very or Extremely High, and then from then on at least Medium.

What is your "New Worker Frequency" setting set to? For the first...6 months at least [in my personal opinion] it should have been Very or Extremely High, and then from then on at least Medium.

Honestly I didn't change anything just went right into a game.

Change it to very high for a year. I done it for 6 months and had around 250 workers, after a year I had upwards of 400 to use. Then I set it to medium for a further couple of years. Currently I'm in 1985 and have a good number of workers to hire for my new promotion.

Of course there is still bit of an issue when it comes to no Road Agents but I just added a bunch of random characters to the data as Road Agents before I started - they don't appear on TV so I randomised their names and set them at various degrees of skill.

Change it to very high for a year. I done it for 6 months and had around 250 workers, after a year I had upwards of 400 to use. Then I set it to medium for a further couple of years. Currently I'm in 1985 and have a good number of workers to hire for my new promotion.

Of course there is still bit of an issue when it comes to no Road Agents but I just added a bunch of random characters to the data as Road Agents before I started - they don't appear on TV so I randomised their names and set them at various degrees of skill.

I changed it to high then simmed to the year 2000.

67 promotions are open but 18 of those don't have a owner or booker and most of them debuted during the 80's.

First of all great mod i effin rule. I haven´t started a long game yet as I want to fix free pictures so that they can be used again to avoid a situation where I could run out of pictures but once I get that done I plan to start a long game to see how things go. I also love TWP´s starting roster, so many colorful characters that it will hard for me to play anywhere else than USA. :D One suggestion that I have is to maybe increase TWP´s starting prestige a little bit as that fall to regional seems to put their prestige below Havoc XP´s minimum requirement or at least that happened to me on my test run with them.

I changed it to high then simmed to the year 2000.

67 promotions are open but 18 of those don't have a owner or booker and most of them debuted during the 80's.

This is somewhat of a result of that low worker generation as there just haven´t been enough workers who could act as owners/bookers. Also I´m pretty sure that booker cannot be young lion so only guys who are old or respected enough can become bookers. Not much you can do about it now, other than editing some of the older workers as possible owners/bookers via editor or just wait that enough owners/bookers will debut via worker generation.

On different question, has anyone tried on what worker generation level (or era´s gender settings) should be used so that enough wrestlers would be generated for all women promotions to run correctly? That was a problem to me in original Effverse as I liked to run with just medium worker generation which produced about 1 - 2 female wrestlers per year and usually in area where there wasn´t any promotions who could use them. :p

Only way I can see around the owner situation is to have an owner character debut around the time of the promotion and have the promotion say he/she must be the owner or promotion doesn't open in the editor. That way it stops the person from owning anyone else before the promotion opens so he/she will be available.

All going well? Anyone found any issues?

I'm still working on adding belts to the promotions with a women's division. If I can make/get som renders I may add some road agents to the database to help things out.

I've yet to find an issue, been editing data so that Ref's and Announcers can also be RA's for the time being. It seems that it's worked. I look forward to the update so that some Diary games may be able to get up and running smoothly.

I've yet to find an issue, been editing data so that Ref's and Announcers can also be RA's for the time being. It seems that it's worked. I look forward to the update so that some Diary games may be able to get up and running smoothly.

Effverse NRFPT diaries would be an awesome read.

I'll definitely be downloading this when I finally can afford TEW13, so in 3-4 weeks I imagine. Love the organic mods, thanks to all who put the work in.

Hurry up and get in on the fun! :p

Update:

Titles should be done. Promotions with a women's division should have a Main, Mid, Tag, and Womens title in the game. Going to do some more tweaks and then run some watcher games (stream?) to see how things work out.

Should be pretty close to final release though.

Titles should be done. Promotions with a women's division should have a Main, Mid, Tag, and Women's title in the game. Going to do some more tweaks and then run some watcher games (stream?) to see how things work out. Should be pretty close to final release though.

Stream? *head pops up* WHEN!? Also, pretty close to final release? Awesome, can't wait for it.

If you would like to download the full game, I would suggest checking the first post for version 1.0!

Hope to see some cool diaries!

Speaking of, for any of the renders I did (all of the default and a large portion of the free pictures) I will have copies of them on a transparent background if someone needs them for diary purposes. Just let me know.

EDIT: I realized that I forgot to remove "BETA" from the mod title in the database. I assure you it is the complete version (barring any issues). I'll just correct that issue in a later release.

<p>Just downloaded the full release, and loaded up a new game. Just looked over the GLLM Champions for some reason and noticed who were the Trios Champions.....two masked men and a Vampire.....</p><p> </p><p>

Time for the Angurr & Bone to Revolutionize 'Murica and KILL TPW!!!!!!!</p><p>

EDIT: Oh, and EVERY OTHER COMPANY!!!!! ANGURR 4 PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!! ...........I've got to stop watching movies before posting.......</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36060" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hope to see some cool diaries!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm already on it! Might run a few ideas across you and DBone first though. Also, I thought Hellbringer and CLP were supposed to get a Friendly relationship or Loyal or something along those lines? I thought we had talked about that in the last stream, could be wrong though.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Nevermind... CLP just never debuted yet, so the relationship doesn't show. I am not a smart man.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Clp605" data-cite="Clp605" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36060" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm already on it! Might run a few ideas across you and DBone first though. Also, I thought Hellbringer and CLP were supposed to get a Friendly relationship or Loyal or something along those lines? I thought we had talked about that in the last stream, could be wrong though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They should have a loyalty, it's showing up on my end.</p>

Archived