[RELEASE]Effverse: Not Ready for Prime Time (Organic)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36060" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone out there still playing the mod? Have any long term games? Anyone interested in another save game file?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I still have that diary game save and had actually gone bit forward from where I left the diary (Currently in June 1986). That save is currently on hiatus since I´m making small mod mostly for my own amusement and currently my time with TEW mostly goes with testing that one but I do plan to get back into that save sooner or later.</p><p> </p><p> I did quit PCWF about as soon as the diary ended and signed with GCW instead. I had some fun times working with the roster partly because half of the names were familiar from my earlier visit there. I did create a stupitly named North American Wrestling Alliance which includes GCW, CSW and GLLM (yeah, I know, I said the name was stupit). I originally wanted to have more American/Canadian promotions in it but most turned me down for one reason or another so I included GLLM instead. I did establish working agreements with TPro, LSW and CSW though. Another reason why I did go with GCW was because I wanted to grow them enough for them to get a TV deal and with that goal in mind I started to hold secondary shows in Quebec. I´m pretty close to getting TV deal now and hopefully that will help AI to make GCW as Canadian powerhouse once I decide to leave them behind.</p><p> </p><p> Biggest news from elsewhere is that GLLM is now Cult sized promotion (they are currently third on promotion ranking behind only TPW and BWA) which helped them to sign Flying Claw and Puppet Master to p.p.a deals (not that either one is doing much with them but still nice to see it happening). BWA was also founded and they were initially on cult size, signing many of the referees and announcers away from other UK/European promotions. The only wrestlers they signed before falling to regional were Blood Redd and Australian guy named Ron Davis who had some success and popularity in Australia and Japan. Not sure what the deal was there but perhaps AI won´t sign unknown guys when they are cult or above level? Both WotW and UBBP also got a TV show so things are heating up and I´m hoping to see several cult level promotions in next few years. HIW joined KENKA, DUW and LUCHA as the promotions that couldn´t make it when I killed them in September 1985 after they failed to find an owner. USW might be the next one to join that list as they just opened with no owner. I will give them about half a year time to find owner and if that don´t happen then they will become another casuality.</p>

It took me a <strong>long</strong> time to buy TEW13, but now that I have, I poke around in this mod a bit. I don't like it as much as the original Effganic mod from the 1920s, but that's largely because those promotions were a lot simpler. I'm still in my first game which is just a watcher. TPW is actually not doing terrible yet, though they are losing popularity.

I still have that diary game save and had actually gone bit forward from where I left the diary (Currently in June 1986). That save is currently on hiatus since I´m making small mod mostly for my own amusement and currently my time with TEW mostly goes with testing that one but I do plan to get back into that save sooner or later.

I did quit PCWF about as soon as the diary ended and signed with GCW instead. I had some fun times working with the roster partly because half of the names were familiar from my earlier visit there. I did create a stupitly named North American Wrestling Alliance which includes GCW, CSW and GLLM (yeah, I know, I said the name was stupit). I originally wanted to have more American/Canadian promotions in it but most turned me down for one reason or another so I included GLLM instead. I did establish working agreements with TPro, LSW and CSW though. Another reason why I did go with GCW was because I wanted to grow them enough for them to get a TV deal and with that goal in mind I started to hold secondary shows in Quebec. I´m pretty close to getting TV deal now and hopefully that will help AI to make GCW as Canadian powerhouse once I decide to leave them behind.

Biggest news from elsewhere is that GLLM is now Cult sized promotion (they are currently third on promotion ranking behind only TPW and BWA) which helped them to sign Flying Claw and Puppet Master to p.p.a deals (not that either one is doing much with them but still nice to see it happening). BWA was also founded and they were initially on cult size, signing many of the referees and announcers away from other UK/European promotions. The only wrestlers they signed before falling to regional were Blood Redd and Australian guy named Ron Davis who had some success and popularity in Australia and Japan. Not sure what the deal was there but perhaps AI won´t sign unknown guys when they are cult or above level? Both WotW and UBBP also got a TV show so things are heating up and I´m hoping to see several cult level promotions in next few years. HIW joined KENKA, DUW and LUCHA as the promotions that couldn´t make it when I killed them in September 1985 after they failed to find an owner. USW might be the next one to join that list as they just opened with no owner. I will give them about half a year time to find owner and if that don´t happen then they will become another casuality.

Glad to hear your game is still going on. I really enjoyed your diary.

Are all the feds in this data regional and below? I'm looking to add more small feds to my game. If any are not regional what are big feds that I should avoid adding.

It has promotions up to national, but not many. Not sure which ones are Cult and above off the top of my head, but I do believe you can filter them by size and either remove them or change them to a lower pop.

It took me a long time to buy TEW13, but now that I have, I poke around in this mod a bit. I don't like it as much as the original Effganic mod from the 1920s, but that's largely because those promotions were a lot simpler. I'm still in my first game which is just a watcher. TPW is actually not doing terrible yet, though they are losing popularity.

It is definitely different. I did bring the original over too if you haven't seen it. http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522591

Anyone out there still playing the mod? Have any long term games? Anyone interested in another save game file?

I actually play around with the mod quite a bit when I get bored with the default data and feel creative. I would be really interested in a save that went into the 2000s

<p>I am actually getting back into this. I really want to have a long term dynasty with a Women's promotion from the Beginning. I have gone back and forth between using UWW in this and AAA in the default data.</p><p> </p><p>

I decided to give myself the best of both worlds. I added the 228 Women's wrestlers from the Default data to this Mod (With help from the 1977 and 1997 Mods). 5 of them are active in January 1980, the rest are future workers. I also replaced UWW with AAA. </p><p> </p><p>

I am currently fast simming through to February 1989 to start booking AAA. I really hope I can finally keep the motivation and interest going to develop a long term dynasty with this. If this goes well, I will post the new Dynasty in the Dynasties forum.</p>

<p>New Save Game in the first post. Here is the breakdown.</p><p> </p><p>

It is 1993.</p><p> </p><p>

July 1992, after years of success Titan Pro Wrestling closes it's doors. The financial burden became too great and Titan Media group pulled the plug.</p><p> </p><p>

Guerreros de la Lucha Libre de Mexico continue to be the kings of wrestling, being the first and only International promotion, dominating Mexico, Canada, and the Southwest portion of the United States. </p><p> </p><p>

In a distant second we find Great Canadian Wrestling at National, but slowly making waves into the United States.</p><p> </p><p>

Gideon the Luchadore has surprised everyone by winning the 1991 and 1992 Wrestler of the Year award. He's become one of the most prolific and well respected wrestlers in the industry, despite his only championship being a tag team title in 1983.</p><p> </p><p>

Surprisingly American pro wrestling is struggling as Chicago Style Wrestling is it's most important, coming in at #13 of 40 in the rankings.</p>

So it had been a while since I last played TEW, figured I'd return with by using this mod. Started a watcher, going year by year, game paused on this.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/clp605/1Day_1_zps2a5d9f25.png

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/clp605/1Day_2_zps9cc16667.png

I'm not really surprised. But I mean... IT'S THE SAME DAY! SLOW DOWN ANGURR! In any case, it turns out I forgot to turn on the Worker Generation. Great start.

Archived