NWA 2.0: The Legend Reborn

Chances make up the majority of the world-shaking announcements in the world of wrestling, and the NWA has been no different since being formed in the 1940's to govern pro wrestling. It was certainly no different this time, as the legal department of the NWA had drawn up the paperwork to begin Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. To sum it up, it would be the end of the NWA altogether. A call came in from Stanford, CT from the WWE offices, enquiring as to how much it would take to pay off all the creditors and acquire all the trademarks and such before the bankruptcy; after all, it would be good business.

An amount was sent back of a mere $25 million dollars, and it was expected in that ivory tower that they could cover that with only $20 million and work out the remainder with no problems. In the shadows however, an unknown entity found out about this deal, and sent in an offer to buy the NWA assets for $35 million. Not waiting to find out more, the NWA Board of Directors jumped and informed the WWE that they had received a more lucrative offer than the payout and had accepted.

An early 30's businessman from Louisiana named Kenneth Choate had just seen his fortunes jump up with what he had originally thought a waste of $5 by his wife buying a Powerball ticket. The pot was $370 million, and as fate would have it, the family won. A longtime wrestling fan, the offer had come from Mr Choate's legal team, much to the chagrin of his wife and most of his family. Now, with a ton of money backing the venture, Mr Choate decides that the way to go is to completely centralize his new NWA and completely end the old school territory/licensing ventures and build the NWA as it's own brand. This is that story.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Game notes: I am running this game in Freestyle mode; several workers, primarily main event talent and back stage/booking/referees are on written contracts. There is one fictional character added (you will see him soon enough), and one character who is real but may or may not ever enter the world of wrestling (you will see that one too). Money is maxed to follow the story, but outside of the initial written contracts will only be money. Prestige is set at 42; the region is set as Mid-South. A 1 hour TV show was created and has 1 season to run, no PPV carriers are on board though I've already started the game and have begun negotiations. Any other questions about the setup please leave them here; I'm not concerned about kayfabe; non-kayfabe comments from me will be in italics for the entire post.

THE BUYOUT AND THE AFTERMATH

February 2013

It's my first meeting with the NWA Board of Directors; little do they know that it's also my last. I start the meeting out with a simple Donald Trump statement: "You're Fired." A few seem to shift in their seats, wondering if I'm serious or not. Of course I'm serious, the NWA wouldn't be in this shape if this group of pretentious wannabes hadn't ran her into the ground. I wait a minute and reiterate myself, and finally the room clears.

Now begins the real task of rebuilding the staff and crew around here. Of course we are the NWA; we have no wrestlers signed to ourselves, everyone belongs to the territories. I start making a few phone calls and get some surprising answers right away. Of course, it helps when you throw big money around. First of all, I cancel all renewals of NWA licensing or memberships and reclaim all NWA championships held in the United States. I can't do anything about the titles in Japan, but one day I'll worry about those. I call the Hollywood guys and tell them the World title is coming home; they hem and haw but I let them know it belongs to me and that I have good lawyers; the tag titles as well. Rob Conway is another matter; I call him and give him the choice to work for me or vacate the title, he quickly agrees. Remind me to get that off him as soon as possible.

Then it's off to find staff, booking talent and such. That goes so smoothly that I can't hardly believe it, and when I see a certain someone walk through my office door, I mark out like a 12 year old. The on-screen president position is automatically filled, and as I lay out the plan, I know I've got him hook, line and sinker.

With my new on-screen president/legend, we plan out our roster, signing a few guys to some ludicrous written deals to keep our main event talent locked up and a few young guys for a while. Then we fill out our plan with some PPA guys that are regulars around the indy circuit, but getting assurances that we're the number one. It's a mix of a lot of indy guys and a few former WWE guys that I have plans for, and it's off to the races.

And to top it all off, I'm approached by FSN to get an hour long TV show on Thursdays at 9 PM; we get a nice deal from Youtube to rebroadcast on Sunday nights. Now, all we have to do is prepare, and by April, we are ready.

April 2013 Week One

Note: debuting workers will be listed in BOLD

As the economy is beginning to bite into the wrestling world, the WWE lets a lot of talent go this week as earnings are well below their normal stages. It's too bad we can't get any of it as it's all top level performers.

NWA on FSN

A pretty good show as we find ourselves in Oklahoma, we filled a very small venue but the crowd was pretty hot.

Preshow, Jay Lethal wrestled in our first match ever against Acid Jaz, winning the bout and garnering a C- rating.

Debuting trainees Robbie Thesz (great grandson of the legendary Lou Thesz) and Colby Corino (son of the King of Old School Steve Corino) began their pro wrestling careers as Team Old School and beat the Ballard Brothers in a C- match.

Mark and Jay Briscoe come out to the ring and call out the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Conway to pick a partner and meet them in the ring tonight. The champion accepts and the match is set.

Shelton Benjamin takes a plane ride and jet lag into a match against Air Paris but makes the pinfall finish in 8 minutes. C+

Backstage, Rob Conway finds his partner for the night in an old friend, Nick Dinsmore, reuniting an old tag team.

Adrian Hawkins tries his best to take out former WHC Colt Cabana, but a Colt .45 puts an end to that bid in a C rated match.

The Briscoes put on a good show against the champion, but true to form, once the Briscoes get going, Conway weasels his way out of the match and gets the team disqualified on a count out. C

Another former WHC gets one in the win column as Adam Pearce is able to survive against Chris Mordetzky in the final match of the night. Both competitors put on a great show to end the evening. C+

At the end of the match, a familiar "Pomp and Circumstance" plays and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair comes out to present himself as the new NWA President! As such, he names a new number one contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, former champion Adam Pearce! Pearce is somewhat elated for a moment before he is attacked through the crowd by Conway. Mordetzky joins in on the beatdown before they are chased away by Colt Cabana and the Briscoe Brothers to end the show.

Show Notes: We wound up getting a C- for the whole show as we booked a little too much wrestling and not quite enough angles and interviews. We will be ramping those up more as we introduce more of our roster in the coming weeks.

April 2013 Week Two

Ratings came in on NWA on FSN, and it wasn't nearly as hot as we'd hoped. Youtube already sent a complaint email stating it wasn't hardly worth the guaranteed slot and promoting!

But some of the WWE talent scrapping is starting to move our way, as we land a pair of big names that will make their debuts hopefully this week. We finish our pickups for the week with a solid road agent in Steve Lombardi, aka The Brooklyn Brawler..

We also finalize plans for our first major event for later this month, Parade of Champions. We will fill the World Tag Team Championship, the North American Championship and the World Junior Heavyweight Championship all on that night. I doubt we will continue defending the NA title after that evening very often, or we may work it like a TV title. I own it, I decide, eh?

NWA on FSN

This show is from Houston, Texas, and the crowd is solid, at least until the action starts.

Preshow, The Ballard Brothers score a pinfall victory over Danny Duggan and Air Paris, but boy it was only an E match.

One more dark match, this time Nick Dinsmore beats Acid Jaz by a count out; guess he emulated Andre the Giant; better with a C- match here.

Then the show kicks off with some fireworks, and our announce crew of Kenneth Choate and Larry Zbyszko hype up a big show. Right as the fireworks end, our lead announcer Choate announces a third member to the announce team, and Jerry "The King" Lawler joins the crew at ringside!

First up, Brian Lawler gets a pinfall victory over Vito Thomaselli, but only lands a C- rating.

Colt Cabana comes down to the ring after the match, and demands a title shot from Rob Conway here tonight! Conway comes to the ramp and accepts the challenge, telling Cabana he will regret asking!

Team Old School keeps on winning by defeating Adrian Hawkins and Jimmy Rave as Corino hits his father's famous Old School Bomb on Hawkins. C-

Ric Flair makes his way to the ring, and announces that in two weeks, the NWA will be holding The Parade of Champions. The World Heavyweight Championship will be defended by the winner of tonight's match against Adam Pearce and matches will be held to fill the vacant World Tag Team Championships, the World Junior Heavyweight Championship and the North American Championship.

Backstage, Choate interviews Shelton Benjamin, and Benjamin challenges Adam Pearce to a match tonight.

In the ring, Chris Mordetzky faces off against Jay Lethal. Lethal puts everything into the match, but Mordetzky turns the Lethal Injection into his signature MasterLock for the submission. C+

After that one, Benjamin gets his wish for a match with Pearce, and makes good on his challenge by winning, though Rob Conway comes down and gets involved, causing Pearce to become distracted and letting Benjamin steal the victory. Our highest rated match so far, a solid B.

And the main event, Rob Conway puts the World Title on the line against Colt Cabana. Cabana and Conway trade blows for several minutes, but as Colt gains the upper hand, Conway gets himself DQ'd by pushing the referee into Cabana, knocking both over. Cabana is incensed as the show concludes. Despite the heel finish, the match grabs a B as well.

Show Notes: A solid B- show, despite the two dark matches killing the crowd early on. Some of the interviews and cuts made the show better, but those last two matches really brought an average show out of the gutter.

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">April 2013 Week Three</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

A little better on the TV ratings this week, but still not up to par on what we'd like. Youtube is still complaining, so we may not have that Sunday slot for much longer.</p><p> </p><p>

We've been having some backstage issues, nothing serious, but I went out and hired some older guys to keep the peace and make sure things don't get out of hand. Some of the websites are discussing whether I know what I'm doing with the relative success of those first two shows, or if it was just beginner's luck. I'm hoping the first.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA on FSN</span></p><p> </p><p>

This week we travel to South Louisiana to Kenner for our live show. </p><p> </p><p>

We start off pre-show with a good match between Jimmy Rave and Acid Jaz, and Rave slips away with the win on a C- match. </p><p> </p><p>

Right before the show begins, the World Champion Rob Conway comes out and taunts Adam Pearce in reference to their title match next week at Parade of Champions.</p><p> </p><p>

And then the show gets kicked off with a bang of fireworks, with Choate, Zbyszko and Lawler hyping up the show. Ric Flair comes immediately out and announces a tag team match for tonight, the WHC Rob Conway and Chris Mordetzky versus #1 Contender Adam Pearce and Colt Cabana!</p><p> </p><p>

Next up, the debuting <strong>Luke Hawx</strong> makes his way back home to south Louisiana, but loses to Nick Dinsmore via pinfall. C-</p><p> </p><p>

Pearce and Cabana appear at the ramp and talk about their match tonight versus Conway and Mordetzky, really ramping up the crowd,</p><p> </p><p>

A preview of the Tag Title match at Parade of Champions, 3 way tag match between the Briscoes, the Ballards and Team Old School ends when Jay Briscoe takes down Shane Ballard with a Cut-Throat Suplex while the other four competitors were brawling outside the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

Shelton Benjamin comes down pre-match to cut an interview, but he is cut short when his opponent for the night, Jay Lethal comes down and the match gets started. The two go back and forth evenly until Lethal gets the upper hand, but Benjamin reverses an inside cradle and grabs a handful of tights to seal the victory. B-</p><p> </p><p>

Then it's the main event, and it doesn't disappoint. The two teams battle to a near draw before Cabana slips down, causing Mordetzky to slam into Conway on the apron. Cabana escapes to tag Pearce, who nails a Lariat on Mordetzky and grabs the pinfall before Conway can recover! B-</p><p> </p><p>

It's not over though, as Conway assaults Pearce after the match, while both Cabana and Mordetzky are laid out in the ring. Conway gets the best of Pearce and stands over all three competitors with the World Title held up as the show ends.</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: Another solid show, C+ overall. I think there were definitely some places we could have improved, but I'll take it for now.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">April 2013 Week Four</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ratings up across the board again this week, but still not where we'd like them to be. It looks like we won't be broadcasting Parade of Champions on PPV, as we've been rejected by every possible outlet. PoC will instead be seen streaming live on NWAonline.com with highlights the next week on NWA on FSN.</p><p> </p><p>

This week should be a very exciting show, as we've planned it out carefully. In fact, it should be "electrifying."</p><p> </p><p>

We head to Monticello, Arkansas and Stellman Fieldhouse for this week's show.</p><p> </p><p>

Starting off in the dark, the debuting team <strong>The Von Erich Brothers, Marshall and Ross Von Erich</strong> battles it out against the Ballard Brothers. The younger Von Erich's pull out the win with Marshall getting a pinfall on Shane for their first win in the NWA. Only an E rating, though, so that'll hurt us for a while in this show.</p><p> </p><p>

The broadcast kicks off with the announce team hypes up some of the competitors for tonight amidst the firework display.</p><p> </p><p>

President Flair makes his way to the ring, announcing that he has hired away one of the most entertaining men in the wrestling business as a consultant, and The Rock comes down to the ring, letting the crowd know he his here to take the NWA to the top, and as Flair says, "Beat the Man."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Scoot Andrews</strong> makes his debut and return to wrestling in the NWA by taking out Nick Dinsmore after Andrews drills Dinsmore with a DDT outside and a countout. C-</p><p> </p><p>

Flair comes out and officially makes the first match for Parade of Champions, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on the line between Rob Conway and Adam Pearce.</p><p> </p><p>

Team Old School faces off against the debuting <strong>Midnight Sensation, Chris Rockwell and Sam Shields</strong>. Corino gets another pinfall victory by hitting the Old School Expulsion on Shields and scoring the win. C-</p><p> </p><p>

After the match, The Rock comes down to the ring and offers his guidance and services to Team Old School. He tells them they can think about it, but not for long.</p><p> </p><p>

Colt Cabana makes another appearance, this time against Jimmy Rave. The two competitors battle it out across the ring and outside before Cabana locks in the Billy Goat's Curse to get a submission victory. B</p><p> </p><p>

The announce team hypes up the main event, a six man tag match featuring The Briscoes and Adam Pearce versus Rob Conway, Chris Mordetzky and Shelton Benjamin.</p><p> </p><p>

The main event was back and forth for the entire match, giving the fans a great show before Pearce is able to get the pinfall on Shelton Benjamin after a Lariat.</p><p> </p><p>

Post match, Conway attacks Pearce again, and the two battle to the back as the show concludes.</p><p> </p><p>

Show notes: A C+ show this week again, and overall we're happy. The world title on the line will be spectacular, and hopefully The Rock being around will lead to some great segments, as he won't be doing much actual wrestling.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">April 2013 Week Four</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Decent ratings again for TV, but still need to get better. TNA suffered through having Impact cancelled on Spike and Bravo, so they'll be getting roughed up without a TV slot.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Parade of Champions</span></p><p> </p><p>

It's a good night at Rhodes Fieldhouse in Searcy, Arkansas, the site of the first NWA supershow since the takeover. One and a half hours of wrestling fun is on tap, so lets see how it goes.</p><p> </p><p>

The pre show gets going with The Von Erichs versus The Ballards, and Marshall picks up the win with a Von Erich Claw submission. Bad E to start out.</p><p> </p><p>

Chris Mordetzky takes out Danny Duggan, as we couldn't find a spot for him on the main card, Master Lock for a C- match.</p><p> </p><p>

The show kicks off with a massive fireworks show, and the announce team goes right to hyping the main event. As soon as they're through with that, Ric Flair announces the North American title match of...</p><p> </p><p>

A cage comes down from the rafters for the World Junior Heavyweight title bout, as Acid Jaz, Air Paris, Tim Donst and Scoot Andrews compete for the championship. Despite only recently arriving this week, Andrews escapes the cage and claims the vacant NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship. I thought it was entertaining, but wound up a D.</p><p> </p><p>

The announcers hype the main event again, and then the NWA World Tag Team title match gets under way with Team Old School, The Briscoes and Midnight Sensations squaring off. It looked like Mark Briscoe was going to pick up the win, but Robbie Thesz is able to make the save and pin Chris Rockwell to capture the titles! C Rated until The Rock comes down and asks if TOS has made a decision, and they allow The Rock to raise their hands in victory with the title belts before the three head to the back.</p><p> </p><p>

Choate interviews Pearce, who gurarantees a victory tonight and then hits the announce table again for the NWA North American Title on a Pole match. All four competitors make legitimate plays for the belt, but Nick Dinsmore german suplexes Brian Lawler from the pole turnbuckle and Jimmy Rave nails a 450 splash on the pair, but Lethal, who had been incapacitated earlier, sneaks up the pole and grabs the belt for the victory. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Mordetzky meets up with Conway backstage and pumps him up before the match starts.</p><p> </p><p>

And finally, the main event for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. The match is hotly contested, back and forth for both competitors. Conway looks to get the upper hand but Pearce battles back and hits a Lariat out of nowhere to capture the championship again! Pearce celebrates in the ring with the belt until the show ends.</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: Only a C card overall, but good God, I got the World title off of Conway. I think we have workable champs in the other brackets too; I'm hoping to make it work well for the next few weeks until the Lou Thesz Tournament in June.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2013 Week One</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Despite a third straight week of rise in viewership, Youtube cancelled our Sunday night airing of NWA on FSN. Ouch, we were starting to branch out a little on popularity. Guess it's time to start booking house shows.</p><p> </p><p>

On a better note, it's negotiation time, so hopefully we can get some more contracts for NWA on FSN and maybe we'll change the name to something more interesting. Adam Pearce and Rob Conway won't be at the show this week as they'll be appearing at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood to interrupt their big show this week.</p><p> </p><p>

Only one pre-show match, as I try to get Luke Hawx a little more work, but he didn't click with Nick Dinsmore at all and despite the win, they only worked an E match.</p><p> </p><p>

The show opens with a good fireworks segment, and the announce team hypes up another good show tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

First up, Vito Thomaselli takes on Brian Lawler, and it's a solid match all around. Lawler gets the victory by a count out after suplexing Thomaselli onto the floor from the apron. C-</p><p> </p><p>

The announce team shows snippets from the Parade of Champions main event, hyping up Adam Pearce as the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion.</p><p> </p><p>

Jay Lethal makes his first defense of the North American Championship against Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin pulls out all the stops, but a cross body from the top rope gets reversed into the Lethal Injection for a pinfall win. C+</p><p> </p><p>

The Rock makes his way to the ring and introduces his new clients, Team Old School! While in the right, the announcers reveal that Rob Conway has invoked his rematch clause for next week's show! </p><p> </p><p>

Ric Flair comes out and announces that the Midnight Sensations will face off against the Von Erich brothers next week for the right to challenge Team Old School for the World Tag titles!</p><p> </p><p>

The Ballards put on a good showing against the champs, but momentum swings back and Corino nails the Old School Expulsion on Shannon Ballard for the pinfall victory and their first defense of the tag titles. C-</p><p> </p><p>

Flair makes one more appearance, this time to make tonight's main event. He says that since it was a big night just a few nights ago, he gave most of the top talent off, but instead brought in a new competitor,<strong> Rob Van Dam</strong>!</p><p> </p><p>

RVD makes his debut against Chris Mordetzky. Their familiarity was able to produce a stellar match, but RVD gets the best of Mordetzky after hitting the Five Star Frog Splash and getting the pinfall victory. B+</p><p> </p><p>

The show ends with footage from Parade of Champions mixed in with the last few weeks worth of Adam Pearce/Rob Conway showdowns, and a note that it will be settled next week. </p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes. All in all a good show, B- from the critics. Our angles seem to rank out better than our wrestling, and that concerns me. Thankfully we'll be able to move on past Rob Conway after next week. He's furious at me, but I'll find a use for him somewhere.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2013 Week Two</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ouch again; this time FSN Southeast will not be picking up the option on the next season, so we have only three months to change their minds. On the plus side, we land a new show on an alliance of local networks that will be broadcasting our new B show, NWA Superstars.</p><p> </p><p>

And someone forgot to give Colby Corino a longer contract than 60 days, so it looks like we will have to share him after the next month or so.</p><p> </p><p>

This week's edition of NWA on FSN comes to you live from Flowers Hall in Florence, Alabama!</p><p> </p><p>

I've decided for now not to be putting my low level talent in the dark, as it has hurt the first few segments of every show recently. I'm playing this as sweeps.</p><p> </p><p>

So instead, we have Chris Mordetzky demolish Acid Jaz, who has really come along in just the month we've had him. MasterLock submission and a C match rating.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up we crank the show with the pyro and the announce team hyping up the main event, Rob Conway's automatic rematch with Adam Pearce for the World Heavyweight title! Every other title is on the line tonight as well, so it could be an interesting show.</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, The Rock has the World Tag Team Champs, Colby Corino and Robbie Thesz warming up for their title defense later on tonight, and The Rock turns to the camera and guarantees a victory tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

Team Old School defends the titles against the Briscoes and The Midnight Sensations. It looked like the Briscoes might make it a short title run but Corino is able to distract Jay long enough for Thesz to hit a hard Thesz Press on Shields for the pinfall. C-</p><p> </p><p>

Flair makes his way down to the ring after the match, and announces that the next major event for the NWA will be in June, the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament. The show will feature an eight man tournament encompassing most of the evening, but the other titles will be defended as well.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up, Scoot Andrews puts his World Junior Heavyweight title on the line against Brian Lawler. Lawler had the match almost won, but he got cocky and let Andrews sneak in a small package rollup for the win. C</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, the cameras catch Rob Conway and Adam Pearce face to face, but the pair break off the stare down and head to their dressing rooms.</p><p> </p><p>

The North American title was on the line for Shelton Benjamin against Jay Lethal. This was a back and forth match that saw the end only after Benjamin missed on an enziguri kick and Lethal hits the Lethal Injection for the pinfall. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Adam Pearce is seen belting on the World Heavyweight Championship when he his met by The Rock and Team Old School The Rock lets Pearce know he has been watching and enjoying his work for a long time, and that he has a proposition for him after the show. Pearce looks crossways at the trio before heading out.</p><p> </p><p>

And finally for the evening, Conway challenges Pearce for the World Heavyweight title. Conway keeps the match balanced and swings the momentum in his favor after sneaking in a low blow on the champ. Unfortunately for him, this same attack caused Pearce to bump the ref, giving him time to recover and hit a Lariat on the challenger to score the pinfall victory, bringing the show to a close. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: C+ overall, and hopefully we'll keep the trend going of growing in popularity in both Mid South and South East. We're going to find it difficult to keep growing nationwide without the primary Youtube exposure, so we're going to have to keep it bumping at home.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2013 Week Three</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Well, well, well, look what we have here! FSN Southeast has had a change of heart after we drew our first 2000+ show viewership, and we locked in the contract for 5 more seasons!</p><p> </p><p>

And we got word as well that we've gone from regional to cult status, as our popularity continues to increase! That may have had more to do with FSN's change of heart than the viewership.</p><p> </p><p>

We start off with another fantastic match in the dark, as we have Rob Van Dam and Rob Conway square off. Conway continues his losing ways again, as RVD gets the pinfall with the five star frog splash. B</p><p> </p><p>

The pyro goes off after that, and the announce crew list lists off some of the talent on display tonight, and hype up the upcoming Lou Thesz Tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

A new music hits, and out comes Team Old School with The Rock in the lead. Rocky grabs the mic and lets the crowd know he appreciates their support, and says that last week, the foundations of the new NWA became solid, as Adam Pearce has joined the new group that will be known as the <strong>Old School Thrillers</strong>! The World Champion comes to the ring and Rock lifts his hand as the wrestling trio lifts their title belts into the air.</p><p> </p><p>

Nick Dinsmore faces off against Tim Donst next. The newcomer shows flashes of brilliance despite the solid work of Dinsmore, and Donst pulls out the victory. C-</p><p> </p><p>

Colt Cabana comes out in his ring attire and meets Choate in the ring. He guarantees that the following match against Shelton Benjamin will be fantastic, and guarantees the win. </p><p> </p><p>

Benjamin has other ideas, and the match goes back and forth. Cabana hits the Colt .45 but Benjamin gets a foot to the ropes. As Cabana gathers himself after that, Benjamin takes advantage with a back heel kick and then gets his feet on the ropes to score the pinfall. B</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, Chris Mordetzky is shown watching footage of Adam Pearce in action. Mordetzky sees the cameras and turns the television off.</p><p> </p><p>

Jay Lethal makes another defense of his North American title, this time against Jimmy Rave. Rave makes a good showing, but Lethal is able to hit his patented Lethal Injection to score the pinfall win. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Flair comes to the ring, and makes tonight's main event, saying we will test the Old School Thrillers on their first night, against Chris Mordetzky and The Midnight Sensastions.</p><p> </p><p>

And the main event didn't disappoint, as Rock guides his team from ringside. Mordetzky is the shining star of the match however, as he dominates the younger Corino and Thesz, but Pearce turns the tide, and gets the pinfall on Rockwell as Mordetzky is on the outside staring down The Rock.</p><p> </p><p>

Post match, Mordetzky waits until the other members of OST are on the ramp before he assaults Pearce and locks in the Master Lock. He jerks Pearce around hard several times before Corino and Thesz make it back to the ring, but the damage is done as Mordetzky flees through the crowd to end the show.</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: Only a C show today, we must be slipping a bit. Setting up for Thesz will take a little time, and Mordetzky is our next challenger. I look forward to seeing how he handles the challenge.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2013 Week Four</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Colby Corino was an easier sign than I thought he would be, so that's fantastic. I decided that we needed to add in a heel manager to compete with The Rock and Adam Pearce, and I think a lot of folks will be surprised with who they see!</p><p> </p><p>

Tonight we are live from as close to home as we can get, the Monroe Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana! We're getting things kicked off in the dark with a couple of young bucks, Danny Duggan and <strong>Rory Mondo</strong> going at it; Duggan gets the win with a Fisherman's Buster and pinfall. E, ouch.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up it's the Von Erichs versus The Midnight Sensations, and it's a pretty good match, Marshall gets the pinfall on Shields after a rollup on a small package. D</p><p> </p><p>

Then the pyro pops, and the announce team gets the crowd going with hype for tonight's matches. Flair is already in the ring, and says that we need a number one contender for the World title. Rob Conway comes out and says he wants it, followed by Rob Van Dam and Chris Mordetzky. The argument nearly degenerates into a brawl, then Flair separates them and says it will be settled, here tonight in the main event!</p><p> </p><p>

First match of the night is for the World Junior Heavyweight Championship, as Scoot Andrews faces off against Acid Jaz. The younger Jaz gets in plenty of offense and nearly wins, but the wily veteran is able to get the pin while using the ropes for leverage. C</p><p> </p><p>

Mark Briscoe makes his singles debut in the NWA by facing off against Shelton Benjamin. These two put on a fantastic match before Mark is able to score the win with a shooting star press. B-</p><p> </p><p>

The announce team reminds the crowd of the upcoming main event tonight, while we see Mordetzky get into the ring. He begins to cut an interview but is cut short by vaguely familiar music, followed by the appearance of <strong>Paul Ellering</strong>, former manager of Legion of Doom! Ellering gets in Mordetzky's face, telling him that he has potential but needs someone to guide him, and offers his services. Mordetzky thinks about it for a moment and shakes hands with the legend.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up is the always entertaining Colt Cabana, tonight facing off against debuting <strong>Chase Stevens</strong>. The back and forth trips to Japan must not bother Cabana, as he wins fairly easily by submission with the Billy Goat's Curse.</p><p> </p><p>

The Old School Thrillers make their way down to the ring, and The Rock gets the microphone. He says that just because they aren't in action tonight, they will be making sure that the fans are properly entertained! They all go down and grab the spare chairs at ringside and sit down beside the announcers, and The Rock says they'll have the best seat in the house to watch the main event.</p><p> </p><p>

And the main event doesn't disappoint, as all three men leave everything in the ring. The three competitors all make close opportunities to score the win, but no one is able to capture the win. Conway winds up outside the ring, jawing at Pearce when Mordetzky comes behind him and locks in the Master Lock! RVD takes that opportunity to make a flying cross body block from the top turnbuckle to the outside, leaving all three men scattered on the ground and a ten count count out; Pearce, Corino and Thesz all gather around the three fallen men and taunt them as the show ends. B-</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: Back in the green with a B- rated show; we could have scored a solid B without the dark matches, but those younger guys have to get work. I'll be glad when Superstars debuts next month; B shows were made for that kind of thing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mistaken" data-cite="mistaken" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36094" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>nice to see Mark Briscoe in. though sad to see Shelton continue to be the guy helping others get over. I always thought that IRL he got the short stick.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>I have a long term plan for Shelton but haven't gotten quite there yet. Mark was in singles action thanks to Jay showing up late to three straight shows and a week suspension, and he gave me a good match. </em></p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">June 2013 Week One</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

NWA Superstars debuts this week, and I'm excited to finally have a place to get my young guys some work and see how they can get going. NWA on FSN this week is all about the big names we have (relatively speaking, of course), and building towards the Thesz Tournament. We will announce the competitors on Superstars as our first big note, but the main event storyline will go forward tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

We're in Dallas for the first time for NWA on FSN, and the crowd doesn't disappoint and comes in hot! We give the early attendees a treat with a triple threat match between Rob Van Dam, Rob Conway and Colt Cabana. It's a a highly entertaining match that ends when RVD misses a frog splash on Conway then Cabana nails the Colt 45 on the still shaken Conway to get the win. B</p><p> </p><p>

Then it's the pyro show and the announce team getting things kicked off on the TV side, hyping up tonight's show and the lead up to the Thesz tournament. The show gets underway in the ring with the Old School Thrillers making their way to the ring. The Rock lays out an open challenge to any tag team to find a partner and face off against Team Old School and Pearce here tonight, and if they win, TOS will give the team a title shot. </p><p> </p><p>

Next up is tag action, with Acid Jaz and Brian Lawler taking on The Midnight Sensations. A rough match that sees TMS getting a win after Shields hits a lariat on Jaz for the pinfall. D, ouch.</p><p> </p><p>

Another argument between the three men who are fighting for a title shot at the Thesz tournament, RVD, Conway and Mordetzky, and security has to come and separate the three competitors as things get that heated.</p><p> </p><p>

Mark Briscoe comes out in singles action again with Jay in singles later tonight, as he faces off against Jimmy Rave. The two young men put on a good show for the crowd, and Mark wins the match after hitting a shooting star press. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Flair comes down to the ring and says he's made all the decisions he is going to make as far as the number one contender is concerned. He calls Pearce out and tells him that on Superstars this weekend, he will announce who he will be facing at Thesz, either RVD, Conway, or Mordetzky.</p><p> </p><p>

The tag champs and WHC join forces against TOS's original competitors in the NWA, the Ballard Brothers, who bring out Chase Stevens to tag with them tonight! The challengers put up a good fight, but they are no match for the WHC once he gets on a roll, taking out all three competitors and then nailing a Lariat on Shannon Ballard for the pinfall victory. Solid C.</p><p> </p><p>

RVD finds Flair's office backstage and barges in, demanding that the title shot go to him. Flair tells him that if he wants it, he's got to take it up with Pearce now.</p><p> </p><p>

And the main event is Jay Briscoe, returning from a minor injury a few weeks back, to face Chris Mordetzky in singles action. Jay pulls out all the stops, exploiting a weakened knee that Mordetzky shows early in the match, but is unable to score several pinfalls, eventually leading to a reversed suplex into the Master Lock for a submission win for Mordetzky to finish the show. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: A decent C show, but with the second show online this week, we need to be turning this show as a B- or better each week.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">June 2013 Week One</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

No real action between Thursday and Saturday, but we will have a number one contender before the night is over, and the participants for the Thesz tournament will be announced tonight!</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA Superstars!</span></p><p> </p><p>

Being the B Show, we aren't going to book a lot of matches with the top stars, but they will be here in angle support. An exception is here in the dark match, as RVD wrestles Tim Donst to try and give the youngster a good match. It's not particularly successful, but not particularly terrible, C after a five star frog splash win for RVD.</p><p> </p><p>

The show starts off with Flair getting out of his limo, before heading to the inside of the arena and the announce team getting the show set up with the big announcement of the main event choice by Pearce's challenger to the World title, and Colt Cabana will also be in action.</p><p> </p><p>

Paul Ellering hits the ring with Mordetzky in tow, hyping up his client and guaranteeing that Pearce will choose him here tonight, as he is obviously the best choice to challenge.</p><p> </p><p>

Shelton Benjamin and Air Paris gets the wrestling started off here tonight. Paris uses his barrage of aerial assault to gain the upper hand, but Benjamin gathers himself and gets the win after hitting his signature Paydirt manuever. C</p><p> </p><p>

Luke Hawx comes down to the ring and makes it known that he wants a shot at the Light Heavyweight Championship, calling out Scoot Andrews but gets no response as the champion is in action next.</p><p> </p><p>

Andrews does make his appearance next, not deigning the departing Hawx with more than a glare as he heads to the back. Andrews destroys the young Danny Duggan in only 5 minutes to retain the LHWC after locking in a figure four leglock and using the ropes for leverage. E, ouch.</p><p> </p><p>

Adrian Hawkins faces off against Colt Cabana next, and the more experienced Cabana makes a good match even better after Hawkins tires quickly and hits the Colt 45 for the win. C+</p><p> </p><p>

The main wrestling event is the Briscoe Brothers against the Midnight Sensations. It's a solid bout all around, ending when Shields falls victim to a Jay Driller. C-</p><p> </p><p>

The Rock comes down with Adam Pearce, and Pearce holds up the World Title for everyone to see. Rock calls out RVD, Conway and Mordetzky to hear their decision, and Pearce chooses to face Mordetzky at the Lou Thesz Tournament!</p><p> </p><p>

And to end the show, a 5 minute video is shown revealing and highlighting the competitors for the Thesz Tournament itself. The brackets will be:</p><p>

Acid Jaz v. Shelton Benjamin</p><p>

Mark Briscoe v. Vito Thomaselli</p><p>

Jay Briscoe v. Chase Stevens</p><p>

Nick Dinsmore v Jimmy Rave</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: Whew, despite some stinkers in there with the young talent, we somehow land a C rating. I was really worried there for a moment; we have got to make sure NWA on FSN is much better this week.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mistaken" data-cite="mistaken" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36094" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Acid Jaz v. <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong><p> <strong>Mark Briscoe</strong> v. Vito Thomaselli</p><p> Jay Briscoe v. <strong>Chase Stevens</strong></p><p> <strong>Nick Dinsmore</strong> v Jimmy Rave</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>Same night tournament bud! Gotta predict the whole thing!</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> The brackets will just go down the list, winner of Jaz/Benjamin will face winner of M Briscoe/Thomaselli, then winner of J Briscoe/Stevens will face winner of Dinsmore/Rave.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Then we'll determine the champion!</em></p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">June 2013 Week Two</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

So after the semi-disastrous opening of NWA Superstars, we're back to the A show. Man, could we really use a real A rated show right now! A few new signings this week, but no one will debut until next week.</p><p> </p><p>

We're in Pine Bluff, Arkansas for tonight's NWA on FSN. Our dark match really isn't a dark match anymore, as it is being broadcast exclusively on NWA Online and seen by the early birds at the live show. This week features Rob Conway versus Rob Van Dam, and it doesn't disappoint as the pair put on a fantastic match that ends at a 10 minute draw and a B rating.</p><p> </p><p>

The show intro gets things going, announcing that Mordetzky will face Pearce here tonight in the main event for a non-title match, and that both the World Light Heavyweight Championship and the World Tag Team Championship will be defended tonight!</p><p> </p><p>

First up is the LHWC bout, featuring the champion Scoot Andrews versus Brian Lawler and Tim Donst. The two veterans quickly neutralize Donst and keep him out of the fight, but Donst is able to break up a figure four leglock on Lawler to keep the match going. This allowed Lawler to regroup and hit the Hip Hop Drop on Donst to get the win and capture the LHWC! C</p><p> </p><p>

The Rock is seen backstage pumping up Team Old School as Corino and Thesz are lacing up their boots and tightening knee pads, ready to face their opponents tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

The champs take on the Ballards again with the titles on the line, and easily rack up the win as Thesz hits Shannon with the Thesz Press Package to retain the titles. C-</p><p> </p><p>

A graphic highlights the main event for here tonight and foreshadows the match at Thesz for the title.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up is a hype tag team match between the Briscoe Brothers and the team of Jimmy Rave and Shelton Benjamin. Rave and Benjamin work together nearly as well as the brothers, but ultimately the experienced brothers pull out the win as Jay catches Rave with a Jay Driller and the pinfall. C+</p><p> </p><p>

Ellering leads his client Mordetzky to the ring, having him pose down for the cameras and letting the crowd know that there is no chance that Mordetzky will lose tonight or at Thesz.</p><p> </p><p>

Pearce and The Rock come down to the ring, and the champ gives the belt to Rocky for safe keeping as the match gets underway. The two bruisers go at each other hard and heavy, both men struggling to get the win. Ellering distracts Pearce and puts a thumb in Pearce's eye, causing him to turn around into the Polish Hammer from Mordetzky. Rocky chases Ellering away, but the damage is done as Mordetzky gets the win! B-</p><p> </p><p>

Mordetzky continues his assault on Pearce after the match, and Rocky tries to get his man out of there but winds up getting tripped from behind by Ellering, letting Mordetzky lock in a Master Lock. Corino and Thesz come flying out of the back to make the save as Mordetzky and Ellering slip away to end the show.</p><p> </p><p>

Show Notes: C+ show, which is slightly disappointing as I thought we should have snuck in with a B-. We will take it, and just make an adjustment or two to Superstars this weekend.</p>

June 2013 Week Two

Okay, so we are revealing a new worker tonight, and this guy could take a few folks over the top, or so I'm hoping.

NWA Superstars!

Our show gets kicked off tonight for the first time from Las Vegas, Nevada! I just hope I can keep our guys out of the casinos. Tough chance there, I'd bet.

Our exclusive NWA Online preshow match features Vito Thomaselli and Air Paris. These two smaller guys put on a pretty solid match that ends when the Thesz participant Thomaselli gets the pinfall small package on Paris. D

And it's on to the announce table and the pyro show to open the main part of the show. The announcers hype up tonight as there is a mystery guest who is here with the NWA President Ric Flair, speculating on who it might be.

Flair comes out straight away and lets the crowd know that a new associate will be joining the NWA family tonight, but that he will not appear until after tonight's main event, Rob Van Dam versus Jimmy Rave!

The wrestling starts with a tag team match between the Von Erichs and the Ballards. Both teams go back and forth for several minutes before Marshall makes Shane submit to the Von Erich Claw. C-

Luke Hawx comes down to the ring and demands a title shot against Lawler for the Light Heavyweight Championship. This week he gets an answer, with Lawler telling him that he'll get his match only if he can beat him here tonight without the title on the line.

Hawx and Lawler rumble around the ring for several minutes, getting extremely violent. The pair finally make it into the ring but Hawx goes and retrieves a chair, demolishing the champion and getting himself disqualified in the process. C-

The Rock is backstage being interviewed by Choate. He tells the fans that Pearce is not scared of the Human Crapterpiece Chris Mordetzky and that Thesz will tell the story of a candy-*ss being whipped.

In another teaser for the Thesz Tournament, Nick Dinsmore faces off against Shelton Benjamin. These two put on a fantastic match, ending when Dinsmore falls victim to a T-Bone Suplex and Benjamin gets the clean pinfall. C+

Flair comes down to the ring and says that he can't wait to reveal who his latest worker signing is. He brings out the legend, HBK, Shawn Michaels! Michaels thanks the fans for their warm welcome, and tells them that even though he won't be in the ring, he will be picking out some fantastic talent to mentor up and entertain them.

Another hype from the announcers for the Pearce/Mordetzky match at Thesz, along with pumping up the tournament itself.

Finally, RVD and Jimmy Rave square off in the ring. The pair are fantastic in the ring and have the crowd on the edge of their seats for the entire match. Rave has RVD on the ropes, but RVD battles back and wins the match after hitting the five star frog splash. B-

Show Notes: C+ this week, thanks to some big angles and interviews coming across strong, and that main event was money.

June 2013 Week Three

A new monster will be debuting this week on FSN with his handler, along with Michaels finding his first protegee in the NWA. I'm not nearly as happy with the heat I'm getting from the Mordetzky/Pearce storyline; I expected it to be much better, but the Thesz storyline is doing better at this point.

NWA on FSN

Tonight we find ourselves in Tacoma, Washington, for our live show.

The online preshow starts off with Shelton Benjamin in the ring, talking smack about his opponent for the opening match of the Thesz Tournament, Acid Jaz. Jaz doesn't appear, which makes Benjamin taunt him even further.

Next up is the tag champions, Team Old School, facing off against the debuting team of Teddy Hart and Jack Evans, the New Hart Foundation! It's a good match, fairly even until the momentum finally swings to TOS and Corino hits the Old School Expulsion on Evans for the win. C-

And it's on to the announce table and the pyro to start the show, where Lawler and Choate hype up tonight's card, and continue to hype the Thesz Tournament.

Tonight, it's for the World Junior Heavyweight title, as Brian Lawler faces Luke Hawx. It's not nearly as good a match as before, and Hawx falls victim to a Hip Hop Drop fairly early. D

In the ring is a new worker we haven't seen before. He introduces himself as Rick Bassman, agent for the newest free agent to sign with the NWA, Windham Rotunda! He tells the crowd that Rotunda is here to take over the NWA, and he will be making his impact felt even here tonight in his debut.

The former LHWC Scoot Andrews tries his hand at a new title, facing Jay Lethal for the North American title. The wily Andrews nearly wins the match, but Lethal is able to gather himself and gets the pinfall after a Lethal Injection. C

Post match, Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring. He takes a boot and rolls Andrews out of the match, and tells Lethal that he thinks a superstar is in the making here. Lethal thanks him, and Michaels offers his services, which Lethal accepts. Michaels raises Lethal's arm in victory to seal the deal!

The Rock meets up with Team Old School backstage as TOS is changing clothes from their match earlier. He tells them to stay geared up and ready for anything Mordetzky and Ellering may try against Pearce tonight.

Tonight is the second teaser tag match for the Thesz Tournament as Nick Dinsmore and Acid Jaz take on Vito Thomaselli and Chase Stevens. It's not a very good match as the four men are unfamiliar with each other, and stumble through a lot of tags before Dinsmore scores the pinfall with a Bridging German Suplex. D, ouch this late in the show.

A nice video shows of the Mordetzky-Pearce feud for the title, leaving the crowd hot and ready for the main event.

And the main event doesn't disappoint, as Pearce and RVD face off against Mordetzky and Rob Conway. The quartet of men put on a masterful show for the crowd, each nearly getting the pinfall on multiple occasions. Mordetzky gets the pinfall after a Polish Hammer downs RVD and Ellering distracts Pearce just long enough to get the win. B-

After the match, Mordetzky and Pearce face off on the ramp, but RVD is the one in danger as Windham Rotunda gets in the ring and destroys RVD, with Bassman leading the charge to end the show.

Show Notes: I'm elated to have gotten away with a C+ show out of that mess. Some of those matches were real dogs, and I couldn't do anything about it. I'm curious as to whether Rotunda is going to get over, but we will see as he will work with RVD for a few weeks, and if all goes well he might challenge for the North American title shortly after that. I'm ready to get past Thesz and reveal our big feud for the World Title.

June 2013 Week Three

One more new worker to debut tonight, another top notch talent, or so I've always figured. He will figure into the main event scene as a minor player, hopefully to get some of our younger talent over.

NWA Superstars!

From Amarillo, Texas!

The pre-match online match is a good one here tonight, as RVD takes on Rave. I really should get another main eventer to do these matches, RVD is probably gonna get pissed soon. It's a pretty good match, although Rave had some issues selling the aerial assault from RVD; the veteran turns Rave momentum around and hits the five star frog splash for the win. C+

Right after the match, Windham Rotunda comes in through the crowd and destroys RVD while his agent Rick Bassman applauds and congratulates Rotunda as he stands over a fallen RVD.

The pyro hits and the announce table comes into view, and the trio of announcers gets the crowd at home hyped up for a fantastic show with a good main event and the Thesz Tournament next week!

Flair comes down and makes a big tag team match tonight, with the tag titles on the line between Team Old School and The Midnight Sensations! He also tells the crowd that there will be a 10 man battle royal featuring all of the participants for the Thesz Tournament along with the first action for Windham Rotunda and Tim Donst joining the action!

Brian Lawler meets Adrian Hawkins with the World Junior Heavyweight title on the line. Hawkins puts up a good fight but the veteran Lawler is able to pull away and hit the Hip Hop Drop for the win. C-

The Rock comes down to the ring with all of his clients, the Old School Thrillers, and continues to guarantee the win at Thesz for Pearce over Mordetzky.

Rock and Pearce stay at ringside as the Midnight Sensations come to the ring to challenge for the tag titles. It looks as if this might be the night for a title change, but Corino and Thesz rally and wind up with the submission win with a Thesz Stretch on Rockwell for the win! C

And now it's time for the battle royal. The eliminations come hard fought, as every competitor pulled out all the stops. It comes down to Rotunda, Mark Briscoe, Shelton Benjamin and Nick Dinsmore. Briscoe and Dinsmore team up to eliminate Rotunda, but Benjamin drop kicks Dinsmore over the top rope, leaving him to square off against Briscoe. These two go back and forth before Mark makes a mistake going to the top rope, allowing Benjamin to hit a running enziguri from the top turnbuckle, dropping Briscoe to the floor. C

And the fun isn't over as Flair comes to the ramp, saying that the main event is going to feature a brand new competitor to the NWA. He opens the curtain and introduces Sugar Shane Helms, and sends him to the ring to face Colt Cabana!

This one was filled with a lot of quick hitting action, but Cabana shows a little rust. Helms takes the upper hand for much of the match, but goes to the top rope for a hurricanrana, which Cabana turns into the Colt 45 for the pinfall! C+

Show Notes: A C show, and I thought I did a better job of booking this week! I was hoping that Helms and Cabana would put on a better match, but alas, that's the way it works.

Archived