Would like to do a TV crossover mod

But there are several issues that seem to I can't seem to get my head around.

1: Character balance. Seems like I'd end up awfully villain heavy. Like suppose I had the city of Townsville from the Power Puff Girls. Really the only heroes in town are the girls. Where you have a full flavored rogue's gallery. And probably the most effective one to boot outside of comic stars like Spiderman or Batman. I suppose I could add in like Major Glory and his bunch of heroes that were on Dexter's Lab or maybe the anti-heroic Major Man even though he only appeared in one episode. But that would still tip things toward villainy.

2: Range of effectiveness. I can't think of how to give much a hierarchy to the villians. On a show like Wordgirl or Hong Kong Phooey, the villians are pretty weak by design. They might be fun characters on the show but it feels like we'd have an awful lot of softballs for a proper hero.

3: Characters in other mods. Like for characters who were on both TV and comics, how do I treat those guys? Do I treat the Superfriends or the X-Men as just naturally more powerful than a Space Ghost or The Impossibles because they appear in more forms of media? And if not, how do I decide that say Blue Falcon is a higher level hero than Hawkman? Even though that would likely be the case based of their TV personas.

4: What about groups? It wouldn't seem to make much sense to separate the Power Puff Girls into separate characters for game play purpose when they act to together as a family. Or again The Impossibles. It might more sense to separate Coil Man, Fluid Man and Multi-Man than it would the sisters Utonium. But they still operate mostly as a group due to the cover story of them not just being superheroes but also a rock band as The Impossibles.

my thoughts:

1. I don't think it would be bad to be heavy villian. Makes a more challenging game. I add at least one character a day, and it is usually another villian.

2. One idea for making villians more powerful is to give them their minions. Adam West Batman villians were all weak, but Batman had to fight the minions first. You could actually make King Tut and his minions be one grouping, for example.

3. I see what you mean. Sin City's Marv is probably the toughest guy in his own universe. Put him in the marvel universe, he is weak. Maybe you could make each location it's own universe. Set each npc to not travel. That way, Marv is the toughest in his location, and the only character that would travel is the pc.

4. Actually, the PowerPuff Girls group character is a good idea.

Archived