SWF 2023: The Aging Aristocracy

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JayChord_zps5f905bcc.jpg</span><span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JerryEisen_ager_zpsa0528ab1.jpg</span></p><p> Jay Chord is already pleading with Jerry Eisen backstage.</p><p> </p><p> JAY: "...Well?"</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "'Well' what? I'm not going to suspend you, if that's what you mean."</p><p> </p><p> JAY: "You know what I mean. <em>The title</em>."</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "I could still suspend you, you know."</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/RemoRichardsonALT_zpsbbe7fae0.jpg</span></p><p> Remo appears in the doorway.</p><p> </p><p> REMO: "Oh, look who's already here, crawling up to Mister Eisen asking for a title shot."</p><p> </p><p> JAY: "Yeah, well, what are YOU here for?"</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "No! Don't start this again! Both of you have a lot of nerve coming in here after that display last night. And I'd add your buddy Davids to the list, Chord. Why do you think you can waltz in here now and ask me for things?" </p><p> </p><p> REMO: "I'm not asking -- just wanna know what you decided."</p><p> </p><p> JAY: "Bull."</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "Listen up, you two. Much as I hate to say it, you're the top two contenders right now. But if you want the match, you have to keep in line. Both of you. And then of course you have to prove yourself by continuing to win."</p><p> </p><p> REMO: "Bring it on."</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "All right, now we're talking. This is a wrestling company... we decide our champions in the ring. Of course, after last night, I don't want to put you right back in there with top-flight competition. Going to bust you down, make you earn your way back up. Jay."</p><p> </p><p> JAY: "Yep?"</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "You're facing Buffalo Kipp. Beat him, and we'll talk. Now, Remo..." </p><p> </p><p> REMO: "Yeah, give me a challenge."</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "All right -- you want a challenge? You're up after Jay, and you'll be fighting a man I just signed yesterday."</p><p> </p><p> REMO: "Cool, cool... who is he?"</p><p> </p><p> JERRY: "You'll find out when it happens. That's the challenge."</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>PREDICTIONS FOR SUPREME TV</strong></p><p> </p><p> ???? vs. Rogue</p><p> Jefferson Stardust vs. John Greed</p><p> Roger Cage vs. Marat Khoklov</p><p> Buffalo Kipp vs. Jay Chord</p><p> Remo vs. ????</p><p> Lassana Makutsi vs. Nicky Champion</p><p> </p><p> BONUS QUESTION: Which Canadian worker is making his SWF debut against Remo? (Hint: He was an active worker in 2013.)</p>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>PREDICTIONS FOR SUPREME TV</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>????</strong> vs. Rogue</p><p>

<em>- In most cases, the question mark goes over, and I think Rogue's strictly a gatekeeper at this point.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jefferson Stardust</strong> vs. John Greed</p><p>

<em>- Greed may not be in time decline, but he's a good eight years older than Stardust, and Jeff probably needs to move up the card now that he's 35.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Roger Cage vs. <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong></p><p>

<em>- In my diary, he's "only" 450 pounds, but at any rate, Cage is not the type of smaller talent who could pull off a win against the Russian Bear.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Buffalo Kipp vs. <strong>Jay Chord</strong></p><p>

<em>- Squash time!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Remo</strong> vs. ????</p><p>

- Not one of those times when I root for the question mark.</p><p> </p><p>

Lassana Makutsi vs. <strong>Nicky Champion</strong></p><p>

<em>- Makutsi got the big push at When Hell Freezes Over but he's still got a ways to go before reaching the level of Nicky Champion.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

BONUS QUESTION: Which Canadian worker is making his SWF debut against Remo? (Hint: He was an active worker in 2013.) <em>Originally I was going to predict Huey Cannonball's SWF comeback, but you did say debut. Hmmmm...</em><em><strong>Mainstream Hernandez</strong></em><em>?</em></p>

<p><strong>A LOOK AT THE COMPETITION: Total Championship Wrestling</strong></p><p> </p><p>

When TCW broke away from HGC, part of the appeal was the wrestlers of a new generation. No longer would aging stars, well past their prime, dominate your TV screen: that was the promise Tommy Cornell made. Of course, now that Tommy Cornell is the rapidly aging star, things are a little different. At 44, Cornell still has his charisma and his wrestling knowledge, but his physical abilities have declined shockingly quickly. </p><p> </p><p>

Rounding out the main event in Los Angeles: Benny Benson is midway through his third title reign. His career really took off when he adopted the arrogant "Beautiful Benny Benson" gimmick, and the heel turn has made him one of the biggest stars in American wrestling. At 42, he's not the high flyer he once was, but he still gets it done in the ring and on the mic. </p><p> </p><p>

In 2020, Benson lost the world title to Joey Minnesota. In 2022, he got it back. One of TCW's top fan favorites, Minnesota is also starting to feel the ravages of age, but has plenty of time for one more title run, if that's the way things turn. </p><p> </p><p>

TCW's top flight of stars also includes Zimmy Bumfhole (who adopted the name Wally Zimmerman upon switching companies, and has solidly eclipsed his brother Randy, becoming one of the best workers in TCW), the surprisingly resilient Freddy Huggins, John "Human Arsenal" Anderson (also in rapid decline at the age of 47), and Rocky Golden (as good as he ever was, which is not saying much).</p><p> </p><p>

While it's easy to criticize TCW for focusing on older workers, their under-30 contingent certainly outclasses SWF's: 29-year-old all-rounder Harry Henderson, highly athletic 26-year-old Omega (Harvey Robbinfield), 24-year-old high flyer Leroy "Vegas" Winner, and 24-year-old tough guy brawler Rick Slater are all in the upper midcard. They're a little behind fellow upper-midcarders Aaron Andrews, Edd Stone and Sammy Bach, but if a young guy hasn't cracked the promotion's top 10, at least they hold down spots 11 through 14. </p><p> </p><p>

Oh -- and Big Smack Scott does color commentary for them. I know you wanted to know that.</p>

<p><strong>????</strong> vs. Rogue</p><p>

Jefferson Stardust vs. <strong>John Greed</strong></p><p>

Roger Cage vs. <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong></p><p>

Buffalo Kipp vs. <strong>Jay Chord</strong></p><p>

<strong>Remo</strong> vs. ????</p><p>

Lassana Makutsi vs. <strong>Nicky Champion</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

BONUS QUESTION: Which Canadian worker is making his SWF debut against Remo? (Hint: He was an active worker in 2013.)</p><p> </p><p>

Hrmmm... it's late in, so... I'm gonna say someone like Trent Schaffer.</p>

???? vs. Rogue

Jefferson Stardust vs. John Greed

Roger Cage vs. Marat Khoklov

Buffalo Kipp vs. Jay Chord

Remo vs. ????

Lassana Makutsi vs. Nicky Champion

BONUS QUESTION: Which Canadian worker is making his SWF debut against Remo? Davis Wayne Newton

<p>???? vs. <strong>Rogue</strong></p><p>

<strong>Jefferson Stardust </strong>vs. John Greed</p><p>

<strong>Roger Cage </strong>vs. Marat Khoklov</p><p>

Buffalo Kipp vs.<strong> Jay Chord</strong></p><p>

<strong>Remo </strong>vs. ????</p><p>

Lassana Makutsi vs. <strong>Nicky Champion</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

BONUS QUESTION: Which Canadian worker is making his SWF debut against Remo? Ricky Decolt</p>

<p>This isn't a bad diary, but I got a few questions....</p><p> </p><p>

What happened to Christian Faith?</p><p> </p><p>

Lobster Warrior died? What happened? How did he die?</p><p> </p><p>

Shouldn't Jack Bruce retire by now? I mean the guy's 50 years old and can barely go 5 minutes!</p><p> </p><p>

And Fat Eisen.............................Not bad, But maybe you can make him fatter! (Ok, Maybe not)</p><p> </p><p>

So, This is one diary i'll be taking a look at.</p>

<p>Oh, but it IS average at best. For now. </p><p> </p><p>

As for your questions, all will be revealed in time...</p><p> </p><p>

...well, except the death of Lobster Warrior. Chris Morrisette died in a car accident in 2016. Other surprising deaths include: Harrison Hash, PRIDE Koiso, Hollywood Bret Starr and Pablo Rodriguez. </p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, Frankie Perez, Frankie Dee and Blood Raven are among the workers who were forced to retire young due to injury. (Surprisingly few of these. But injury has decimated the Frankies of Pro Wrestling -- and let me tell you, Frankie Robertson and Frankie-Boy Fernandes are <em>not picking up the slack</em>. Between Huggins' TCW main-eventer status and Garcia headlining Supreme Challenge last year, the Freddies are just massacring the Frankies right now.)</p><p> </p><p>

Christian Faith actually retired fairly recently, in February 2022. He left SWF that same month, and hasn't been seen since. His last career highlight was teaming up with Lenny Brown to hold the SWF Tag titles from May 2018 to November 2020. </p><p> </p><p>

Lenny Brown left SWF just a month after Faith, frustrated over the failure of his solo push. He completed a tour with Winnipeg Combat Wrestling, the touring promotion created as a developmental territory by CGC in 2014 and still improbably running two years after its parent company's demise -- under the management of Giant Redwood, who has at least retired and can't push himself. He now works in TCW's developmental promotion Emerald City Wrestling -- 100% Darryl Devine-free since 2015 -- and New York City Wrestling. </p><p> </p><p>

Darryl Devine, meanwhile, left USPW almost immediately, in March 2013. A month later, he signed with CZCW, and in June, he also took a contract with Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling. He's been with both ever since, winning the CZCW title once and reigning an astounding five times with the PSW Championship belt. Devine could fairly be called the face of Mitch Naess' company, as he has held the belt a combined 52 out of the last 89 months, and been involved in every one of the promotion's top 16 all-time matches. Of course, all that hardcore wrestling has taken a toll on Devine, who was always a little fragile in the first place. But he's made it to the age of 39, and can still go just fine in the ring, so how bad is it really?</p><p> </p><p>

I could go on... I mean, if Jack Bruce can go on, I can go on too. And yeah, I don't know why Jack Bruce is still in the ring, but for me, that's part of the fun... orchestrating the transition to younger workers while letting the older guys down easy. </p><p> </p><p>

Of course, it's gone a little less easily for Bruce so far than it has for some... but I figured the fairly decisive loss at Nothing to Lose made sense. I wanted to send a clear signal to the fans that we are no longer going to try to pass off Bruce as a legitimate title contender. He's still got a huge (and well-deserved) following, and we are going to play to that, but we won't be treating the fans as though they're stupid.</p><p> </p><p>

But anyway -- on with the show!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheEffect" data-cite="TheEffect" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"This isn't a bad diary"<p> </p><p> The way that comes across, to me anyway, is that you are calling this diary average at best.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, No, I'm calling it pretty good, It was just that there were some unanswered questions that's all.</p>

<p><strong>SWF Supreme TV</strong></p><p><strong> Friday, Week 2, 2023</strong></p><p><strong> Coming to you LIVE from the Oklahomadome in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma</strong></p><p><strong> 9,487 fans in attendance</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/MartyTuxford_zps8b5c1364.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/Rogue_zpscf751459.jpg</span> with <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/EmmaChase_alt4jt_zpsd25787b7.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>STOMPIN' LEN TUXFORD vs. ROGUE w/Emma Chase</strong></p><p> </p><p> This marks the first Supreme TV appearance for Stompin' Len Tuxford, a Canadian lightweight. A fine high-flyer who's great at selling, Tuxford hasn't had the opportunity to do much else so far with SWF. He made a dark match appearance at When Hell Freezes Over, getting squashed by Jay Chord. He's facing Rogue here, and the result is similar. The fans aren't as into it, though -- Emma Chase does good work at ringside, but Rogue looks like a shadow of his former self. The Crashing On comes only after six fairly tedious minutes.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rogue beats Len Tuxford by pinfall. Match time: 6:08.</strong></p><p><strong> MATCH GRADE: D-</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JeffersonStardust_zps8343f945.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JohnGreedALT_zps1c120ee7.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>JEFFERSON STARDUST vs. JOHN GREED</strong></p><p> </p><p> Now, this is a good midcard match. Stardust has been on a roll for a few months now, both in terms of wins and in terms of performance, and pitting him against Greed was a good choice. These are two of the flashier wrestlers on the roster, with Stardust's high-flying kicks and aerial game proving a great fit for Greed's sneaky counters. Stardust gets the win with the Stage Dive, his shooting star senton finisher.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jefferson Stardust defeats John Greed by pinfall. Match time: 8:15.</strong></p><p><strong> MATCH GRADE: C+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/FrederiqueGarcia_zps5487ea9c.jpg</span><p> Here's Fred Garcia again, and he's going after Eric Eisen. Well, actually, he's going after a portly young fan in the front row and pretending he's Eric Eisen.</p><p> </p><p> "Oh, it's you, Eric! I'm surprised to see you here. You still have those brass knuckles on you? Or did you eat them too?"</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/ThePilgrim_zps10e6e7af.jpg</span></p><p> The fan is incensed. "Knock it off!"</p><p> </p><p> "Well, well, Eric. You've certainly got a temper tonight. A big fat temper. You shouldn't eat brass... it doesn't agree with you." </p><p> </p><p> "Seriously! I'm here with my girlfriend!" The fan gestures to an attractive woman sitting next to him.</p><p> </p><p> "How dare you make those accusations about the lovely lady? I know your 'girlfriend,' Eric, and this woman is not a side of beef. But as for you, miss, how'd you like to do the Freddy?"</p><p> </p><p> "All right, you asked for it!" The fan rises from his seat and cold-cocks Garcia in the face. Garcia staggers back. The fan leaps over the barrier with surprising agility, and follows up with a fairly credible thrust kick, knocking Garcia over.</p><p> </p><p> A stunned Garcia scrambles to his feet. "Hey, watch it! I was just -- joking!"</p><p> </p><p> The realization that he's been fighting a wrestler seems to dawn on the big fan. "...I know. My god, what am I doing? I'm so sorry. I'm a huge fan of yours. It's just... my girlfriend... and..."</p><p> </p><p> "You've got some kick to you, kid. What's your name?"</p><p> </p><p> The fan's expression brightens. He says, "I'm Marty Gunnison from Boston, Mass." </p><p> </p><p> "You know, Marty, you're all right. How'd you like to go backstage and meet the guys?" </p><p> </p><p> "Wait, what? Really?" Marty gestures to his girlfriend. "Be right back, honey!"</p><p> </p><p> ANGLE GRADE: D+</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/RogerCage_zps5a5d68f2.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/MaratKhoklov_alt2jt_zps63f0e31d.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>ROGER CAGE vs. MARAT KHOKLOV</strong></p><p> </p><p> It's Marat Khoklov's first TV appearance in over a month, since being beaten by Remo at Christmas Clash. His level of opposition is a little higher than his usual run of jobbers, but not high enough to prevent a fairly one-sided match. This fight is more notable for what the announcers are saying than for anything happening in the ring -- they're talking about something that happened backstage, and they're clearly agitated, but they're circling around it, waiting for the end of the match to discuss it. Khoklov obliges, promptly laying Cage out with a Moscow Lariat.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Marat Khoklov beats Roger Cage by pinfall. Match time: 5:12.</strong></p><p><strong> MATCH GRADE: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The announce team introduces some security footage seemingly taken while Stardust was fighting Greed. <p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/MartyTuxford_zps8b5c1364.jpg</span><span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/MaratKhoklov_alt2jt_zps63f0e31d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> Len Tuxford, who lost the opening match of the night, is walking down a backstage corridor when he passes by Marat Khoklov, seemingly headed for the ring. The big Russian stares at Tuxford, and before the Canadian can react, he's engulfed in Khoklov's arms. Picking him up and turning him over, Khoklov drops to the concrete floor, executing a brutal -- and seemingly unprovoked -- kneeling piledriver. Then he stands up and goes on his way, leaving Tuxford lying unconscious.</p><p> </p><p> Fry: "What the hell was that? An unprovoked attack on new arrival Len Tuxford by Marat Khoklov. Does he know Tuxford? Why would he do that?"</p><p> </p><p> ANGLE GRADE: B-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_MaskedMale_030_zpscbc822f0.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JayChord_zps5f905bcc.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>BUFFALO KIPP vs. JAY CHORD</strong></p><p> </p><p> This was an unexpectedly awesome match, and Buffalo Kipp's greatest ever performance. Kipp does his whole stamping and snorting routine, and Chord looks unimpressed -- and then Kipp charges him, knocking him to the canvas and raining down lefts and rights. Now Chord looks awake! He throws off the younger man, but he's still shaken. Kipp keeps getting his offense in, and it's well over five minutes before Chord regains control of the fight. Chord manages to use Kipp's furious momentum against him, countering a couple of the Wild Buffalo's charging attacks into throws, and eventually manages to get a hold of him for the Cradle Piledriver. Chord moves on -- but for a guy who didn't specifically ask for a challenge, he sure got one.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jay Chord defeated Buffalo Kipp in 9:51 by pinfall.</strong></p><p><strong> MATCH GRADE: B-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/NickyChampion_alt1_zps71b9c9c8.jpg</span><p> "Run to the Hills" plays over the loudspeaker, supplemented by a chorus of boos as Nicky Champion enters the ring. As much as the crowd once loved Nicky, he's been persona non grata for the last six months, ever since he assaulted Steve Frehley in the ring. </p><p> </p><p> "Ladies and gentlemen! Ladies and gentlemen, hear me out!"</p><p> </p><p> The boos get even louder, interspersed with chants of "you screwed Steve!"</p><p> </p><p> "I AM the Champion! You don't get to judge me!"</p><p> </p><p> Despite Champion's proclamation, the judging continues. A moment... two moments... and Champion speaks. </p><p> </p><p> "Thank you! I just wanted to say that I know Steve Frehley has been chasing me... looking for a match... ever since Tom Gilmore and I attacked him six months ago. And the truth is... he's not worth my time." </p><p> </p><p> The boos kick in again, even louder this time.</p><p> </p><p> "Steve Frehley doesn't respect his opponents, and he doesn't respect the rules. Everything he's got, he's gotten by cheating, by throwing his weight around, and by cutting corners. He's earned no respect. </p><p> </p><p> "You know I'll take on all comers, from Rich Money to Jack Bruce to Lassana Makutsi. And I'll fight every one of them clean, too. I haven't faced Remo one-on-one in over two years, but you know what? That's not my call. I beat him fair and square last time, and I haven't heard from him since. But yeah... guess I'M the one who's ducking opponents. Guess what, Frehley -- if I'll fight everyone else, but I refuse to fight you, maybe <em>you're</em> the problem.</p><p> </p><p> "And I know Gilmore chose to face Frehley in the ring. I respect his decision... but we did what we did for different reasons. We made the hard choice... for different reasons. Steve Frehley is not a wrestler. He's a thug and a menace, and if I face him, it just lends him legitimacy. When he hit me with that chair in June, after the bell, that was it. You can keep on trying, Steve, but you lost your chance."</p><p> </p><p> ANGLE GRADE: B</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's time for Remo's opponent tonight to make his SWF debut... it turns out to be Sean Deeley. The former CGC star and NCAA national champion draws a huge pop from the few Canadians in the audience, and polite interest from everyone else. It's clear Deeley's name recognition in the States, or at least in Oklahoma City, is limited.<p> </p><p> ANGLE GRADE: D</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/RemoRichardsonALT_zpsbbe7fae0.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/ShooterSeanDeeley_zpse358ba7e.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>REMO vs. SEAN DEELEY</strong></p><p> </p><p> Some fans tuned out Deeley's introduction, but after this match, they may pay more attention next time. The first five minutes of this bout were all Deeley, with the smaller man using guile and scientific wrestling to keep Remo grounded and on the defensive, and the announce team selling Deeley's amateur wrestling experience and intellect, as well as Remo's struggle to adapt on the fly to an unfamiliar opponent. </p><p> </p><p> But this IS Remo, the biggest star in the SWF, and there's no chance he's going to take the upset loss. Sure enough, he starts powering through Deeley's holds, then overwhelming the Shooter before he can even lock them in. It's not accurate to say he solves Deeley, exactly -- he's just more powerful than Deeley seems to have been expecting. By the end, it's the heel who looks like he wasn't aware who he was going to face, and Remo deals the finishing blow at the 12-minute mark. Both Remo and Chord move on to fight another day, but both were surprisingly tested by unexpected rivals.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Remo defeats Sean Deeley in 12:12 by pinfall.</strong></p><p><strong> Match grade: C+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/LassanaMakutsi_alt2_zpsc8b914d2.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/NickyChampion_alt1_zps71b9c9c8.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>LASSANA MAKUTSI vs. NICKY CHAMPION</strong></p><p> </p><p> Well, in case you were wondering why Jerry Eisen demanded that SWF push Lassana Makutsi this year, here's a pretty good indication: SWF's best match in over a year. We weren't expecting this, obviously -- if we were, we would have put it on the PPV. And it's not like Champion and Makutsi have any special chemistry together or anything. They're just two really gifted wrestlers, who can put on a great match even when everyone kind of knows how it'll end.</p><p> </p><p> Like the last two matches, though, this one has all the makings of an upset for the first few minutes. Fry and Money talk extensively about Makutsi's amateur wrestling background, his strength, and his speed. And they show -- he's simply outworking the Hawkeye in the early going, landing solid shots and leaping out of the way before Champion counters. </p><p> </p><p> There's a point around seven minutes in where Champion voluntarily leaves the ring in a shower of boos... strategizing, catching his breath. It's almost like the point in a typical Champion match where he exhorts the crowd to cheer, and he makes a comeback... but these days, the crowd isn't on his side. They're booing him with every blow he hits, every hold he locks in. And unlike a Jay Chord or a Brandon James, Champion doesn't revel in it... he seems shaken, even after six months of this treatment. And against a bigger, stronger opponent, Champion really needs his focus and his confidence to pull through.</p><p> </p><p> The trouble is, Makutsi isn't fighting his best fight either. He had success early by overwhelming Champion with pressure, but once he takes the lead, he backs off a little. He gets cautious. And Champion has the time to collect himself, mount the comeback, and finish the match with the Hawkeye Hammer. Champion gets the win, but it's clear he's not in a good place mentally, and this one could very easily have gotten away from him.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Nicky Champion defeated Lassana Makutsi in 13:56 by pinfall with a Hawkeye Hammer. Match grade: B+</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Show grade: B</span></strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> What happened to Christian Faith?</p><p> </p><p> Shouldn't Jack Bruce retire by now? I mean the guy's 50 years old and can barely go 5 minutes!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am... fascinated... by the idea that in asking the second of these questions, you would not observe the answer to your first.</p>

<p>I certainly hope Bruce doesn't hang on as long as Faith did... if so, we'll be seeing him retire around 2028.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>3rdStringPG: 5/6<p> Phantom Stranger: 4/6</p><p> CageRage: 4/6</p><p> Super Nova: 5/6 </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not bad! There were a few easy picks later in the card, but Stardust vs. Greed was a real 50-50 one... those two are on the same level, more or less. In fact, I wrote this a few weeks ago, and before I re-read it, I thought Greed actually won that one. </p><p> </p><p> And the question mark thing was a total crapshoot, I'll admit... could have been the debut of a real guy, but it wasn't. I brought in Tuxford (formerly known as Marty Tuxford) because I needed another face jobber, and wanted to give him an official TV debut. (He'll be retreating to dark matches shortly.) Being able to tie him in with Khoklov was a nice added bonus. </p><p> </p><p> And yes, Shooter Sean Deeley is the newest addition to the SWF. Well, until next week, which sees two more debuts... I'd like to say that's the end of the turnover, but it's not. We just fired/demoted to development 20 guys... which means some new folks are coming in. We have the two guys next week, one of whom comes with a manager, and a storyline I have planned for Feb.-March brings four more workers into the promotion, albeit not all permanently. Should cool down after that, though... time to get to work on the guys I already have, many of whom are new to me and the readers anyway.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, though... Deeley. Not the most charismatic worker in SWF, but he's obviously amazing in the ring. He's also going to help to boost SWF's popularity in Canada -- we don't even have PPV coverage there, but we're looking to get it. USPW has Canadian PPV coverage, and that's the main reason they're edging out SWF in overall regard. </p><p> </p><p> On that note:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>TV RATINGS</p><p> USA: </p><p> SWF averages 3.5 on NCTV</p><p> TCW averages 3.8 on NCTV</p><p> USPW averages 2.4 on Sports America</p><p> </p><p> Canada: </p><p> SWF averages 1.1 on Maple Leaf Sports</p><p> TCW averages 0.75 on Canadian I-Broadcasting</p><p> USPW has no TV coverage</p><p> (NOTBPW averages 0.8.) </p><p> </p><p> Mexico: </p><p> SWF averages 1.9 on El Canal del Hombre</p><p> TCW has no TV coverage</p><p> USPW has no TV coverage</p><p> (SOTBPW has two shows, each averaging 4.4 or so. MPWF averages 0.5, and OLLIE 0.3.) </p><p> </p><p> PPV SALES</p><p> SWF has big coverage in the US and big coverage in Mexico. </p><p> USPW has medium coverage in the US, small coverage in Mexico, and small coverage in Canada. </p><p> TCW has medium coverage in the US only.</p><p> </p><p> SWF's PPVs regularly average around 2.5. </p><p> USPW has averaged 1.5 and 1.3 in recent months, around the same level as SOTBPW. </p><p> TCW's Malice in Wonderland did a 1.05.</p><p> OLLIE, MPWF and NOTBPW are all below 0.5.</p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So... I'm not sure how the industry rankings show USPW ahead of SWF, but there it is. SWF and TCW are more or less even in US and Canadian TV ratings, except that SWF has a fairly large following in Mexico. Both of us are getting far more TV viewership than USPW, even in America. As far as PPV goes, USPW's better coverage has enabled them to edge ahead of TCW, but SWF sells as many PPVs as both of them combined. We may not be the hippest game in town, but we are definitely the biggest, and it's not close.</p><p> </p><p> As far as customer satisfaction goes: USPW's shows in 2022 all averaged B- or C+, except for one B. TCW is all over the place, with two B+ shows, two D+ shows, and the other ratings falling everywhere in between. SWF also had mostly B- and C+ shows, with four shows reaching a B, two sinking to a C, and one C-. </p><p> </p><p> Which makes sense -- USPW fans just want to see their heroes in action. TCW fans have standards for the quality of that action, so they're going to be a lot more vocal when things don't measure up. SWF is between the two. </p><p> </p><p> Week 3 predictions should be up in a few hours...</p>

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/AngryGilmore_Alt2_zpsb4a25bdb.jpg

"Steve Frehley. This is not over." Angry Gilmore's voice rings out from the middle of the arena. "We went to a 30-minute draw in September. Means nothing! You beat me by a fluke in November. Means nothing! And now you want to move on? You've proven nothing!

"But I'll make you an offer. You want Nicky Champion? Well, I'll get you Nicky Champion. I'll get you all the Nicky Champion you can handle. You. Me. Nicky. A tag partner of your choice. Nothing to Lose. Let's do this."

Gilmore scans the entrance. No Frehley. He waits a moment, then another.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/NickyChampion_alt1_zps71b9c9c8.jpg

"Hold up there, Tom."

But it's not his rival -- it's his Shining Examples ally, Nicky Champion.

"Why are you making that promise? I told you I want nothing to do with Steve Frehley. I'm not stepping into the ring with that thug... not alongside you, not alongside anyone. He's not worth my time."

"All the more reason to make him suffer, right?"

"It's not about suffering. It's about proving you're the best. I know I'm better than Champion."

"It's not about who's better than who, Nicky! You can only be better than yourself... but it's fools like who make it impossible to prove that! We need to drive him out!"

"Let it go, Tom... let Steve Frehley make himself irrelevant."

ANGLE GRADE: B+

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/DuaneFry_alt1_zps965b7045.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JoeSexy_alt3jt_zps5689fb21.jpg

As the Shining Examples depart the ring, Duane Fry and Rich Money set about describing the upcoming matches. Jay Chord, seeking the No. 1 contender spot, will have a tune-up bout against new arrival Fox Mask, and Captain Atomic looks to earn another victory against one of the top names in his rogues' gallery, the sinister John Greed. Jack Bruce is in action, and Fred Garcia has what Joe Money describes as "a... unique announcement."

"But first, we have a special treat: one of the legends of professional wrestling, for the first time on Supreme TV in seven years...

Bit of a short prediction list this time. The first two aren't really worth asking about, given that they involve workers called up from development. (Actually, a couple of the others aren't worth asking about either... not really sure what I was thinking when I booked about half this show.) I threw in a couple extra bonus questions to make up for it.

Buffalo Kipp vs. Sean Deeley

Jack Bruce vs. Chris Edge

Captain Atomic vs. John Greed

Fox Mask vs. Jay Chord

BONUS 1: Which former SWF star is making an appearance?

BONUS 2: Who challenges the Big Tickets to a title match at Nothing to Lose?

BONUS 3: This week also sees another Nothing to Lose match announcement. Which two workers will be facing off in the semi-main event? (Half-point for each)

<p>Sorry I've been a bit light with the comments, but I'm still watching. Still following. Just got a bit caught up with work, and was without Internet for a couple of days, so I wasn't able to add comments to the last prediction.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Buffalo Kipp vs. <strong>Sean Deeley</strong></p><p>

<strong>Jack Bruce</strong> vs. Chris Edge</p><p>

<strong>Captain Atomic</strong> vs. John Greed</p><p>

Fox Mask vs. <strong>Jay Chord</strong></p><p> </p><p>

BONUS 1: Which former SWF star is making an appearance? <em>I see your goal here is to add some fresh legs...or relatively fresh legs. I'm guessing </em><em><strong>Spencer Spade</strong></em><em>, who's only 30 or 31 as of 2023 would be a logical choice.</em></p><p>

BONUS 2: Who challenges the Big Tickets to a title match at Nothing to Lose? <strong>Legion of Death</strong></p><p>

BONUS 3: This week also sees another Nothing to Lose match announcement. Which two workers will be facing off in the semi-main event? (Half-point for each) Hmmmm....<strong>Remo vs Des Davids?</strong></p>

<p>Buffalo Kipp vs. <strong>Sean Deeley</strong></p><p>

BONUS 1: Which former SWF star is making an appearance? Vengeance.</p><p>

BONUS 2: Who challenges the Big Tickets to a title match at Nothing to Lose? Hmmmmmmmm, Biggz Brothers? </p><p>

BONUS 3: This week also sees another Nothing to Lose match announcement. Which two workers will be facing off in the semi-main event? (Half-point for each) Angry Gilmore vs Rich Money!</p>

<strong>Jack Bruce </strong>vs. Chris Edge</p><p>

<strong>Captain Atomic </strong>vs. John Greed</p><p>

Fox Mask vs.<strong> Jay Chord</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

BONUS 1: Which former SWF star is making an appearance? <strong>Zimmy Bumfhole</strong></p><p>

BONUS 2: Who challenges the Big Tickets to a title match at Nothing to Lose? </p><p>

BONUS 3: This week also sees another Nothing to Lose match announcement. <strong>LASSANA MAKUTSI </strong></p><p>

Which two workers will be facing off in the semi-main event? (Half-point for each) <strong>Remo vs Angry Gilmore</strong></p>

<strong>Jack Bruce </strong>vs. Chris Edge</p><p>

BONUS 1: Which former SWF star is making an appearance? <em><strong>Spencer Sppade</strong></em></p><p>

BONUS 2: Who challenges the Big Tickets to a title match at Nothing to Lose? <strong>Legion of Death</strong></p><p>

BONUS 3: This week also sees another Nothing to Lose match announcement. Which two workers will be facing off in the semi-main event? (Half-point for each)<strong>Remo vs. Nicky Champion</strong></p>

BONUS 1: Which former SWF star is making an appearance?</p><p>

BONUS 2: Who challenges the Big Tickets to a title match at Nothing to Lose? Legion of Death</p><p>

BONUS 3: This week also sees another Nothing to Lose match announcement. Which two workers will be facing off in the semi-main event? (Half-point for each) Angry Gilmore vs. Remo</p>

We now join in progress:

SWF SUPREME TV

January 2023, Week 3

From the Minnesota Coliseum (Attendance: 8543)

"...one of the legends of professional wrestling, for the first time on Supreme TV in seven years... ladies and gentlemen, the master of disaster, the former World Heavyweight Champion -- DREAD!"

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/Dread_alt1_zps49a1a587.jpg

Dread is clearly older, but the hulking Hall of Immortals member's presence is unmistakable. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm back in this ring... to set things right. For too long, the SWF has given no credit to the big man. They've been given roles as bodyguards, as buffoons, as barbarians.

"But we all know, don't we -- a good big guy beats a good little guy? Sure, if the big guy isn't held down by backstage politics. I'm here to help the best big man I've seen in a long damn time... a man who you haven't seen on this stage for almost a year. A man who was forced by Jerry Eisen and his cronies to hide his talents -- to play the role of... a dead man.

"But I present to you my first client as a manager... reborn -- CRAIG WARD!"

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CraigWard_zps4c56bede.jpg

Ward, a 6'8", 380-pound behemoth, strides up the ramp to the sounds of

Fry and Money remark on the change -- last seen in February 2022 as the zombie-esque "Cowboy from Hell," Ward is clad in black trunks and boots with gold trim. If anything, he looks even stronger than he did when he left SWF last year.

Dread continues: "For too long, Craig Ward was trapped in a cycle of nonsense. But I'm teaching him how to avoid the traps that held him back -- there is no more nonsense. Just victory. Supreme Wrestling Federation, you will know his power!"

Ward poses impressively. Long cited as one of the greatest flops in SWF history, he looks poised for redemption -- and he's got one of the greatest big men in wrestling history in his corner. Can Ward overcome his history as a novelty act and rise up the rankings? It remains to be seen...

ANGLE GRADE: B-

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_WhiteMale_015_zps7a78e1f4.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_WhiteMale_087_zpscc2f76d0.jpg vs. http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/NickBooth_zpsd7ed9da5.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_WhiteMale_009_zps1ad152ec.jpg

TAYLOR VEDDER and TIM DANZIG vs. SICK AND WRONG

If you haven't heard of Vedder and Danzig, there's a good reason -- they're not full-time SWF wrestlers. They spend most of their time in development, occasionally coming up to the main roster to be squashed.

Another interesting fact: they have no business working as tag partners.

This was never going to be an exciting match; Booth and Caulfield are a second-tier tag team, and their opponents are a thrown-together pair of jobbers. But Danzig and Vedder's total inability to stay on the same page elevates the bout to an unforeseen level of crappiness. This has a legit shot at being cited as the worst-worked match of the year. The only good thing is, it's short. "Sick" Nick Booth takes down Vedder for a three-count. After the match, both wrestlers spit on Vedder, and Caulfield drags a boot into his ribs as they walk away, still laughing. Sick and Wrong have a bad attitude, but they're getting away with it tonight.

Sick and Wrong beat Taylor Vedder and Tim Danzig by pinfall in 4:40.

MATCH GRADE: E

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/ThePilgrim_zps10e6e7af.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/FrederiqueGarcia_zps5487ea9c.jpg

Fred Garcia is in the ring, and he's joined by the rotund fan who attacked him last week. Comically, the fan is wearing spandex tights and wrestling boots, and grinning from ear to ear.

"Well, this is a bit of a surprise. I have my newest ally here -- my pro-te-zhaaaayyyy." Garcia delivers the last word in a mockingly exaggerated French accent. "he's my biggest fan. No, really, my biggest fan. Ladies and gentlemen, Two-Ton Marty Gunn!"

Gunn runs the ropes, bouncing back and forth, clearly delighted to be in the ring.

"I've got an announcement for you. Marty Gunn is going to take the title off Eric Eisen. Look at him -- his superior conditioning... his raw power and speed. Eric Eisen can't hope to match Gunn's physical superiority!"

Gunn's eyebrows lower, but just a little. He knows he's being mocked, but he's too thrilled to be part of the show to complain.

"In fact, I'll show you -- Marty LOVES to beat up on fat men. here's a face you might know... The Charger!"

The big Samoan jobber enters the ring. Is this actually happening?

ANGLE GRADE: D+

TWO-TON MARTY GUNN vs. THE CHARGER

The fans aren't sure what they're watching here -- is this chubby fanboy going to actually wrestle? So it's an even bigger surprise when Gunn staggers The Charger with a forearm shiver, an uppercut, and then sweeps his leg to put him down on the mat. Like a flash, Gunn is on him, and he's got him in a pretty credible leg lock! The Charger reaches for the ropes, stands up, and shakes off the cobwebs.

It's no use -- the fat fan keeps pressing the assault, showing a surprisingly varied offensive repertoire. After a few stiff strikes, he launches himself at the Charger for the same thrust kick that felled an unsuspecting Garcia last week. The Charger is down! Gunn, smiling somehow even more, jumps up surprisingly nimbly to the top rope!

As for what happens next... well, we've all seen a fat wrestler dispatch his foe with a butt drop. But have we seen one launch himself halfway across the ring, doing a full forward flip en route, to end up seated on the opponent's chest? Well, now we have! 1-2-3... it looks like Two-Ton Marty Gunn is the real deal!

MATCH GRADE: E+

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/DuaneFry_alt1_zps965b7045.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JoeSexy_alt3jt_zps5689fb21.jpg

Duane Fry, choking back laughter, manages to get out, "I believe that was... some kind of barnstormer?"

Joe Money replies, "I'm not sure WHAT that was, or if I just imagined it! Meanwhile back in the real world, Jay Chord is trying to secure his first title shot in years..."

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JerryEisen_ager_zpsa0528ab1.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JayChord_zps5f905bcc.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/RemoRichardsonALT_zpsbbe7fae0.jpg

We cut to Jerry Eisen's office, where Chord and Remo are both making their cases.

REMO: "Listen, Jerry. I understand. I've earned a title shot. Jay's earned a title shot. But don't make us go through this obstacle course. Either give one of us the shot, or if you don't want to make the decision, make us fight for it. I'm okay with a contender match, Jay's okay with a contender match. Can we just do that?"

JAY: "I still say I've waited my turn. Remo, you live a charmed life... you lost the belt to Brandon James last year, and now you expect a shot at getting it back? Get in line. But if that's the game, one more hoop to jump to, I'm not surprised. Keep holding me back, I'll get through. I'll fight you any time, any place. Let's just get it OVER with. I'm dying of BOREDOM here."

JERRY: "I understand, guys. But you're both just short of earning this fight. If you really deserve the title, you shouldn't have an issue with a few more bouts to prove yourself, right?"

JAY: "What the hell does any of this prove? I'm fighting some freak dressed up like a fox!"

JERRY: "And yet you're the one giving ME sour grapes."

REMO: "You know what? This is cool by me. You're the boss, Mr. Eisen -- and you're right. If we want the shot, we got to pay our dues... and if you want to see us fight Fox Mask, or Sean Deeley, or anyone, we can do that."

JAY: "Kiss-ass."

ANGLE GRADE: C+

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_MaskedMale_030_zpscbc822f0.jpg vs. http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/ShooterSeanDeeley_zpse358ba7e.jpg

BUFFALO KIPP vs. SEAN DEELEY

Speaking of Remo and Jay Chord's qualifying matches, these two lost to them last week. Both looked impressive then, but less so here. Like Remo last week, Kipp struggles to make his aggression work against Deeley's arsenal of technical trickery. Unlike Remo, Kipp doesn't have the raw power or the excellent technique to turn the fight around, and he succumbs to Deeley's seated stretch armbar. Snorting furiously but not making any progress at escaping, he's forced to tap.

Sean Deeley defeats Buffalo Kipp by submission. Match time: 8:10.

MATCH GRADE: D

Joe Money, at the announce table, is clearly impressed. "Sean Deeley... he may be an amateur wrestling legend, but in that match, he sure seemed professional. You know what I mean... he looked like money."

"Indeed, Joe. And speaking of money, how about Rich Money? SWF management just announced the first official match for Nothing to Lose, and your old pal Rich Money will be in rematch action against Des Davids. Should be a great fight!"

"Especially the part where Davids drops that relic on his head. He'll show Money what the modern world looks like -- upside down!"

"Well, these two have been feuding for months, and after the controversial finish to their match at Hell Freezes Over, Jerry Eisen has proposed a stipulation.

"Yes, sir, Duane. Jay Chord and Remo will be barred from entering the arena while this match is in progress!"

"Now, you see, this doesn't make sense. It's a false equivalency -- I see Jay Chord being banned from ringside, because he attacked Rich Money. But what on Earth has Remo done to deserve this?"

"It's not what he's done, it's what he might do, or what he might get involved with. Consider the incident six months ago where Steve Frehley attacked Nicky Champion with a chair. No discipline was taken, then the week later, Champion and Angry Gilmore make it their duty to chase Frehley out of the Supreme Galaxy. The worst part is, they haven't succeeded! But you know what I say, Duane -- better safe than sorry."

"And you out there at home will surely be sorry if you don't contact your local pay-per-view provider to order Nothing To Lose!"

ANGLE GRADE: B-

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JackBruce_alt4_zps43dfd3dc.jpg vs. http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_WhiteMale_012_zpsa25eb10b.jpg

JACK BRUCE vs. CHRIS EDGE

We know Jack Bruce is aging, but until now, overness and strong opposition have concealed the fact that he's this bad. Similarly, even for a jobber, Chris Edge doesn't look good. His over-the-top extreme sports gimmick makes the 50-year-old Bruce's rocker gimmick look out of touch, and Bruce's lived-in gimmick makes Edge's gimmick look like a flimsy put-on. It's the worst of both worlds. Maybe they're just out of patience after a string of unimpressive bouts featuring mostly lower-card talent, but the boos for this match start up at the beginning, and don't stop until Bruce hits the New York Minute and pins Edge.

Jack Bruce beats Chris Edge by pinfall. Match time: 7:10.

MATCH GRADE: D-

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JoeSexy_alt3jt_zps5689fb21.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/Jessie_zps0f3877c5.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/PrimusAllen-1_zps7f9e94ef.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_WhiteMale_078_zps2f0a88e5.jpg

Backstage, Joe Money is interviewing Jessie, who's flanked (not to mention dwarfed) by her new clients, the Big Tickets.

JOE MONEY: "I'm here with the SWF Champion Big Tickets, and their new manager Jessie. Jessie, you've been out of wrestling for four years. What brings you back to SWF?"

JESSIE: "Well, what do you think? I saw something I liked. The Big Tickets are one of the most promising new tag teams in a long time. Primus Allen is one of the biggest, toughest wrestlers in SWF history, and a veteran tag team wrestler who just keeps getting better. With his experience, you also have Giant Cody. 7 feet tall, 450 pounds, and he's only 21 years old. There's no question he's a legend in the making."

JOE MONEY: "Yes -- Cody is a big man, all right. Now, we just saw another super-heavyweight re-debut earlier tonight -- Craig Ward, managed by Dread, who's also been away for a while. It's interesting that the two of you returned in consecutive weeks to manage giants..."

JESSIE: "I don't know that it's anything more than a coincidence -- I'm certainly not much like Dread!" She laughs. "And aside from their size, I don't know that Cody and Craig Ward are too similar either. Cody's much larger, for one, and with this title win, he's accomplished more in three years than..."

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/EmmaChase_alt4jt_zpsd25787b7.jpg

"Well, well, look what the cat dragged in."

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/PaulHuntingdon-1_zps1658a66f.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/th_Rogue_zpscf751459.jpg

Emma Chase is here with Paul Huntingdon and Rogue.

JESSIE: "Oh, Emma. So witty and original!" Jessie rolls her eyes. "I knew there was something about this business I didn't miss, and now I remember what is was."

EMMA: "Well, I'm a lot more memorable than some, dear. Which reminds me, how ARE your old clients lately? You know, the Platinum Blondes, Valiant and Spencer Spade?

JOE MONEY: "I think you're confused, Emma -- Jessie managed the Biggz Boyz, American Machine and Lenny Brown."

EMMA: "Oh, how silly of me! I... think I remember some of them! You certainly could pick a winner back then, couldn't you? Just like now. I'm sure you'll ride Big Dawn the Cheerleader and Primus here right back to glory..."

Cody looks around self-consciously, and brushes back his long hair.

EMMA: "But you know Primus is an old friend of the Chase Agency, right? Why, he lasted three years with us before we had to let him go!"

JESSIE: "Your mistake, Emma. I know Rogue was getting too old to fight, and you had to stick Paul with him... but now Primus has the tag title Paul couldn't give him, so I suppose there's a reason for everything."

EMMA: "Oh, I know! If you hadn't come back, I'd never have the chance to humiliate you again! Oh, and speaking of... did you see that my team is facing your team for the title at Nothing to Lose! I wonder what the shortest reign in tag title history is?"

JESSIE: "Really? You don't know? You HAVE gotten forgetful in your old age. Which is good, because you won't want to remember what the Big Tickets will do to your team next month."

ANGLE GRADE: D+

CAPTAIN ATOMIC vs. JOHN GREED

Captain Atomic enters the ring to the cheers of his "Nuclear Family" -- the many children at the arena, most of whom are thrilled to see their hero in action. He's facing off against John Greed, a frequent foe whose nefarious deeds are many. Atomic gets the upper hand early, hitting many of his favorite moves: a big discus punch, a high back body drop, a flying forearm smash. Greed mounts a comeback, though, halting the hero's attack with a sneaky low blow, then faking out Atomic with a rebound clothesline.

That's when things get really problematic. Greed starts arguing with the ref Ric Young over... something. He seems to be pointing at the turnbuckle. While Young tries to figure out what Greed is talking about, that's Mortis and Macabre's cue to come in.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_MaskedMale_119_zps33000215.jpghttp://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/CVFP_MaskedMale_119_zps33000215.jpg

The Legion of Death grab Atomic and pull him out of the ring on the side opposite the allegedly offending turnbuckle. Both lock submission moves on him, one working on each leg. He can't get free! The camera catches Atomic reaching up and mouthing the words, "must... reach... apron..."

After an agonizing 15 seconds or so, the Legion relents, and both members sneak back into the crowd. Atomic clambers back up into the ring to avoid the count-out, which Young wasn't counting anyway, but he's on wobbly legs. Greed maneuvers around him easily, kicking him in his already damaged knees, then grabbing him for the Crash Diet! Atomic is out, and Greed has taken the upset victory... but what to make of Mortis and Macabre's involvement? Were they hired just for the match, or does the Eighth Deadly Sin have a new pair of minions?

John Greed defeats Captain Atomic by pinfall. Match time: 11:03.

MATCH GRADE: C

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/FoxMask_kam_zps743fae51.jpg vs. http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/oreganoj/JayChord_zps5f905bcc.jpg

FOX MASK vs. JAY CHORD

The fact that this match lasted over 15 minutes should not be taken as an indication that Fox Mask kept it close. To the contrary, the former King of the Coastal Zone didn't get in a lot of offense at all -- he used his speed to evade attacks, hit a couple nifty high-flying moves, but never really managed to string anything together and hurt Chord. If nothing else, the fans got a good long look at Fox Mask's repertoire of moves, his strengths, and his weaknesses on his debut.

Chord, who was already frustrated by the very premise of this match, got more and more frustrated by his elusive opponent. More than once, he was heard to shout out, "fight me like a man!" If it was Fox Mask's strategy to make Chord angry and get him to slip up, he succeeded at the first part. But like Remo against Deeley last week, Chord is good enough to win a match against a guy who's imposed his game plan on the fight. As angry as he gets, Chord doesn't slip up, drop his guard, or get reckless. And eventually, he finds his opening -- Fox Mask is the older man, and all his running around the ring slows him down eventually. A nasty-looking chop block speeds up the process, and soon Chord is all over him. Chord wins clean-ish, but doesn't resist the urge to hit both his main finishers on Fox Mask -- a super DDT followed by a cradle piledriver that leaves Fox Mask out cold in the ring.

Jay Chord beats Fox Mask by pinfall. Match time: 15:10.

MATCH GRADE: C+

Once the bell rings, Jay Chord is on the warpath -- thankfully not against Fox Mask, who's suffered enough. Against Jerry Eisen, who's not watching in person, so Chord climbs up on the turnbuckle and shakes his fist at the sky.

"Bring on James! Bring on Remo! I'll beat 'em both! And you know that -- you're scared! My father always told you about you Eisens -- you're weak, scared little men. And it's still true! Look at your fatass brother, hitting other old men with brass knucks to keep his damn JOKE title! Look at company man Paul Huntingdon, disgracing the title while REAL fighters don't even get to fight for it!

"Me! Des Davids! Nicky Champion, Craig Ward, Lassana Makutsi! We are the future you fear! Bring it on! Give me hell! I'll take it, and I'll throw it back at you so hard you'll wish you never HEARD of Jay Ripley Chord!"

ANGLE GRADE: B

SHOW GRADE: C+

ThirdStringPG: 3/4 + 0.5

RusselRules44: 3/4 + 0.5

Super Nova: 3/4

Psycho Sam: 3/4

Phantom Stranger: 3/4

TOTAL (2/5 shows this month):

3SPG: 8.5/10

Super Nova: 8/10

Phantom Stranger: 7/10

CageRage: 4/6

RusselRules: 3.5/4

Psycho Sam: 3/4

Three fairly easy predictions this week and one swerve. Needless to say, we haven't seen the last of Atomic, John Greed, and the Legion of Death.

I probably should have stated that the former star was in fact retired... yes, Dread is back, and he's managing a young super-heavyweight. (I also would have accepted "The Cowboy From Hell" or "Craig 'The Hanged Man' Ward", as he's technically a former SWF star too... you know, if someone hacked my copmputer or something.)

As for the other guesses, Spencer Spade may end up with SWF again some day -- you saw Emma mentioning him on this show, and he was a solid member of the SWF midcard until 2021. He's still out there, and still talented, so why not? (Aside from the fairly large influx of new faces already.) We wish we had Zimmy -- he's a main eventer with TCW now.

Vengeance is a lot closer to the right answer, as it happens. He retired in 2017 after losing to Remo for the title in '17 -- one of the rare retirement stipulations that actually held up -- and hasn't been seen since. Ward's previous incarnation was sort of a failed version of Vengeance/Skull DeBones's character, though, so it would be weird for Vengeance to be telling him NOT to dress up like a hanged Old West outlaw...

I should probably write up a full list of the tag teams at some point. Until then:

FACE

The Big Tickets (champions): Primus Allen/Giant Cody (managed by Jessie)

The Almighty Dollar: Remo/Rich Money (part-time)

Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy: Jack Bruce/Jefferson Stardust (part-time)

Fun Lovin' Criminals: Randy Bumfhole and Roger Cage (part-time, affiliated with Steve Frehley)

HEEL

Shining Examples: Angry Gilmore/Nicky Champion (part-time)

The New Standard: Jay Chord and Des Davids (part-time)

Chase Agency: Paul Huntingdon/Rogue (affiliated with Brandon James, Emma Chase)

Sick and Wrong: Sick Nick Booth/Vile Kyle Caulfield

Legion of Death: Mortis/Macabre (now affiliated with John Greed)

As you can see, there are only four full-time tag teams... this will change. (There were less than that when I took SWF over...)

Preview and predictions for Week 4's Supreme TV are coming up. It's a good one -- my booking is starting to get a little more consistent, though I'm still leaning a little too heavily on mismatches. (Things hit another level after the next PPV, I promise...)

<p>No opening segment this time, just the matches: </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36204" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Lassana Makutsi vs. Sean Deeley</strong><p> </p><p> Two impressive workers -- the "African Assassin"'s heavyweight muscle and speed have drawn attention in recent weeks, while former CGC champ Deeley has demonstrated his technical prowess. Tonight's opening bout is a classic battle of brawn vs. brains.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jefferson Stardust vs. Craig Ward (w/Dread)</strong></p><p> </p><p> The former "Hanged Man" makes his in-ring debut. He's backed by legendary SWF champ Dread, but he's facing some pretty stiff competition in Jefferson Stardust. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Primus Allen vs. Des Davids</strong></p><p> </p><p> Two more elite athletes face off -- one a tag title holder, the other scheduled to face Rich Money at Nothing To Lose, both former college football stars. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fox Mask and Rob Reynolds vs. the Chase Agency</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> The Chase Agency faces a pair of SWF's newest workers: high flyer Fox Mask and martial artist Rob "The Real Deal" Reynolds. Will this pair of Asian-style workers put a bump in the road for Rogue and Paul en route to their title bid at the PPV?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fun Lovin' Criminals (Randy Bumfhole and Roger Cage) vs. Shining Examples (Angry Gilmore and Nicky Champion)</strong></p><p> </p><p> Nicky Champion is still refusing to get in the ring with Steve Frehley, but he and his partner Gilmore do seem to be willing to face Gilmore's pals, Bumfhole and Cage. Who wins -- and will the Dark Destroyer make his presence known?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Remo vs. John Greed</strong></p><p> </p><p> Greed stole a win over Captain Atomic via dubious means last time out. This week, he's got Remo, who's hoping to maintain his winning streak and cement his shot at the No. 1 contendership. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Here's the key: </p><p> </p><p> Lassana Makutsi vs. Sean Deeley</p><p> Jefferson Stardust vs. Craig Ward</p><p> Primus Allen vs. Des Davids</p><p> Fox Mask and Rob Reynolds vs. the Chase Agency</p><p> Fun Lovin' Criminals (Randy Bumfhole and Roger Cage) vs. Shining Examples (Angry Gilmore and Nicky Champion)</p><p> Remo vs. John Greed</p><p> </p><p> BONUS QUESTION: Marat Khoklov is back in action again... unfortunately, it's the bad kind of backstage-sneak-attack action. Who's his victim?</p>

<p><strong>Lassana Makutsi</strong> vs. Sean Deeley</p><p>

Jefferson Stardust vs. <strong>Craig Ward</strong></p><p>

Primus Allen vs. <strong>Des Davids</strong></p><p>

Fox Mask and Rob Reynolds vs. <strong>the Chase Agency</strong></p><p>

Fun Lovin' Criminals (Randy Bumfhole and Roger Cage) vs. <strong>Shining Examples</strong> (Angry Gilmore and Nicky Champion)</p><p>

<strong>Remo </strong>vs. John Greed</p><p> </p><p>

BONUS QUESTION: Marat Khoklov is back in action again... unfortunately, it's the bad kind of backstage-sneak-attack action. Who's his victim? <strong>Rich Money</strong>, as he's not wrestling.</p>

Archived