New Blood - A WWE Dynasty

<hr>

Hey there, did you miss me? Of course you did. Lacey Cruise here for my brand new column for the year; News and Views with Lacey Cruise. You see what I did there? Anyway, here I will discuss the news and rumours circulating the world wide web; hirings, firings, backstage gossip and much more. Think of me as the Perez Hilton of professional wrestling......ok, maybe not. One Perez Hilton is more than enough. So, here's the news and rumours floating around at the moment...

- It seems we may be seeing an influx of new talent joining WWE in the near future, as it appears that Developmental contracts have been offered to a number of top independent stars. It has already been confirmed that ROH star El Generico has signed a contract and will be reporting to nXt within the week. We can also confirm that Dragongate USA have announced on their website that Johnny Gargano has been offered and ACCEPTED a Developmental contract, and he too will be headed to nXt. There are also reports that Sami Callihan, Uhaa Nation and Ayako Hamada have been offered contracts, although these are simply rumours at this point. It is believed that Triple H has played a big part in the hiring and scouting of many new talents, and he has pretty much been given the book in that department. If the rumours are true, we could be in for a very interesting period in WWE.

- Word going around is that management are pleased with the way the Dolph Ziggler promo played out on Smackdown. There were some who thought that Vince may have been offended by some of the remarks, especially concerning his wife. But it is believed he was happy with how it went, and is ready to pull the trigger on a full blown push for Ziggler. This is great news. Finally Ziggler is getting the opportunity he deserved a long time ago.

- It appears John Laurinitis may be gone from the company within the month. His contract is up a week after the Royal Rumble, and word going around is he will be shown the door. Laurinitis hasn't had a prominent role in the company since his character was written off T.V last year. And he has been phased out backstage, with Triple H taking over most of the duties that he was in charge of.

- WWE are planning a few surprises for this Monday's 20th Anniversary Raw. The talk of the locker room at the moment is that WWE are trying their best to get Ric Flair to be a part of the show in some capacity. An offer was also apparently thrown out to Steve Austin, but was turned down due to other commitments.

- Expect to see a few new faces on T.V in the next couple of months. WWE have already posted a hype video on their Youtube page for nXt Superstar Xavier Woods, and it is rumoured that the same video will be shown on Raw this Monday Night. It has also been hinted that Kassius Ohno will soon be called up to T.V. Ohno has worked a few dark matches in the last few weeks, so it's no surprise that he would be called to the main roster.

- There are big plans for Dean Ambrose this summer according to a source within WWE. Triple H is said to be extremely high on Ambrose, and believes he can be a major player for the company. It's believed he may get a singles run, with early reports hinting that a Money in the Bank contract may be in his future. I think it may be a little early for that, but it's good to know that he has supporters in the office.

- Former TNA star Jay Lethal has hinted that he wouldn't be opposed to signing a contract with WWE sometime in the future. Speaking at a Q&A earlier this week, Lethal stated, "WWE was never the ultimate goal, but I would be lying if I said I hadn't daydreamed about working their at least once in my career. I certainly wouldn't rule it out, but at the same time I wouldn't regret anything if it didn't happen". I personally would love to see Lethal in WWE.

- ROH World Champion Kevin Steen recently caused a stir at a show when he apparently spat at a fan, causing a near riot in the crowd. Steen has been warned several times about his behaviour with the fans and it seems management has been asked to step in and take action. Steen has made no comments regarding the incident. However his opponent on the night, Jay Briscoe, was asked about the incident. In typical Briscoe fashion, Jay tweeted, "It is what it is. Kevin's one crazy MF'er. You should know that before buying a ticket".

- Finally, Kia Stevens (Kharma, Awesome Kong) has apparently been in contact with WWE Officials about a possible comeback. Stevens, who was fired from the company last year, has apparently been back in the gym in order to get into ring shape and has urged officials to at least give her a try out. Kharma may just be the shot in the arm the women's division needs. And if rumours of Ayako Hamada coming in are also true, we could be in for some exciting times for the Divas.

Well I hope you all enjoyed my news and views. I'll be back next week for another look at the news from the world of Professional Wrestling. See ya next time.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s915.photobucket.com/user/jwforever316a/media/New%20Blood%20Diary/PreviewCorner_zps0171233b.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/New%20Blood%20Diary/PreviewCorner_zps0171233b.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">Welcome to yet another edition of my Preview Corner.This weeks Raw should be something special as this will be to 20th Anniversary edition of Monday Night Raw. I still remember the very first episode like it was yesterday. Wow, I feel old. Let's take a look at what we can expect this Monday night...</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36267" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong>Already confirmed for Monday Night Raw is the huge six man tag with Ryback, Sheamus and Randy Orton facing off against The Shield. This match was confirmed on Smackdown, and I for one am looking forward to this. Plus, I'm not ashamed to admit I have a HUGE man crush on Dean Ambrose...Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said that after all.</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong> </strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong> Also, as they head towards their battle for the WWE Tag Team Championships at Royal Rumble, one member of Team Hell No and one member of Rhodes Scholars will collide as Daniel Bryan takes on Cody Rhodes. I'm a big fan of both of these men, and I think if given the time, they could have one hell of a contest. Here's hoping.</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong> </strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong> And in what should be a decent Diva's match, the Divas Champion Eve goes toe to toe with Natalya Neidhart. I still think the Diva's Division is stale as hell, but at least with Natalya in there you can expect a half decent match.</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong>Also:</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em>- There have been many rumours circulating in the last week as to who we will see on tonight's 20th Anniversary Show. One rumour can be put to rest, as it has been confirmed via WWE.com that Miz TV will return with special guest... "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Say what you want about Flair, and god knows I've said a lot in the past, he can still give a great promo (when he wants to). Just please, make him keep his shirt on. Is that too much to ask? Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em> - Expect an appearance from The Rock tonight as they continue the build for the Royal Rumble WWE Championship Match. At least I hope he will be there. I can never tell from week to week these days. What I do know is that Triple H is expected to make an appearance. In what capacity is unknown, but I'm guessing this could be a way to build up to the rumoured Wrestlemania match between himself and Brock Lesnar. Or I could be completely wrong. I'm guessing this is how Meltzer writes his articles.</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em> - Also Dolph Ziggler has tweeted this afternoon stating that this Monday Night, much like Friday Night on Smackdown, he will have the entire wrestling world talking. Yes, he used the word "wrestling". What a rebel. At this point I don't need any more details. The fact that Ziggler is on Raw at all is good enough for me.</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Thoughts? Views? Predictions? Or simply feel like telling me what a tool I am? Leave your comments below. Enjoy the 20th Anniversary show, folks. Lance Logan; signing off.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36267" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>QUICK PICKS:</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Randy Orton, Ryback & Sheamus vs. The Shield</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Non-Title Match:</strong></p><p><strong> R-Truth vs. Wade Barrett</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Primo & Epico vs. The Usos</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Non-Title Match:</strong></p><p><strong> Eve vs. Natalya Neidhart</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

QUICK PICKS:

Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena

Keep him strong after his awesome promo from Smackdown...

Randy Orton, Ryback & Sheamus vs. The Shield

not yet...

Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan

D. Bry doesn't need to win to look amazing... that's the best thing about him

Non-Title Match:

R-Truth vs. Wade Barrett

Primo & Epico vs. The Usos

Non-Title Match:

Eve vs. Natalya Neidhart

Archived