PSW - Regional Wrestling At It's Best

Don Hughes Hired As Head Booker

Mitch Naess: Welcome back to PSW Online. With me now is the new head booker of PSW, Don Hughes. Mr. Hughes, thank you for taking a few minutes to talk to the PSW faithful.

Don Hughes: Anytime Mitch. I'm sure there are some questions.

Naess: You're a complete unknown in the wrestling industry. Why were you hired? What makes you the best man for the job amongst all the great bookers in the industry?

Hughes: PSW is the successor to DAVE. However, they have yet to do anything truly innovative like DAVE. They have yet to send anyone from the main roster on to stardom. That's not a knock against PSW, that's just the truth. As a Pittsburgh native, I feel that I know what Pittsburgh wrestling fans want. I also feel that by bringing in an unknown, in PSW's case, it's a win-win. If this works out, Mitch, you look like a genius bringing me in. If it doesn't work, you're looked at as someone to tried something new, and just didn't work. Either way, you look good.

Naess: Should the roster be worried that there will be a lot of changes?

Hughes: If they perform, they'll be fine. If they don't, then definitely they should worry. My first hire to the roster is road agent Ed Monton. I feel that he will take some responsibility off of Alex Braun, so he can concentrate on color commentary.

Naess: 2013's first show is PSW Way Of The Warrior. Any big announcements about the show?

Hughes: Three of them to be precise. #1: Two workers will be debuting against each other in a high profile match. Former CZCW Champion Remmy Skye will do battle against former TCW worker Clark Alexander. #2. The Future Is Here, Steven Parker and Matthew Keith, are officially the #1 contenders for the tag team titles, and they will get their match next month at PSW No Love Lost. They will have a warmup match at PSW Way Of The Warrior against The Deadly Alliance, The Punisher and The Wolverine.

Naess: I assume you are saving the biggest announcement for last?

Hughes: Correct. I am naming the last three PSW Champions joint #1 contenders. Grandmaster Phunk, Johnny Martin, and Greg Black will compete in a round robin tournament. The winner will do battle at April's PSW Refuse To Lose against the current PSW Champion Madman Boone. If there is a three way tie, then the match at Refuse To Lose will be a Fatal 4 Way match.

Naess: You sound like a busy man. Thank you for your time, and good luck in your new position.

PSW Way Of The Warrior Big Matches

Grandmaster Phunk vs. Johnny Martin

Clark Alexander vs. Remmy Skye

The Future Is Here vs. The Deadly Alliance

<p>I hope everyone enjoys a PSW diary. I'm going to try and keep the wrestling storylines going, while at the same time not doing lengthy entries. I know people like to follow many different diaries, so I'd rather focus on quality than quantity. I hope that this is a diary people can fit in while reading more (and frankly, better) diaries.</p><p> </p><p>

Hope everyone enjoys.</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>January 2013</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">PSW Way Of The Warrior</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#8B0000;">An incredible night of PSW wrestling action ended tonight with some great action, and a surprise or two. The PSW Championship Round Robin Tournament started to take shape, two great talents debuted against each other with surprising results, and tag team action was at the forefront.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF8C00;">In a great main event, Grandmaster Phunk drew first blood in the round robin by defeating PSW/DAVE legend Johnny Martin. Phunk has long been touted as a future star in the industry, and he proved it by taking it to the former 2 time PSW Champion. Johnny Martin showed guts against the younger Phunk, but questions arose whether Martin can compete at the main event level. </span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#808000;">Clark Alexander and Remmy Skye was truly match of the night. Skye's aerial assault vs. Alexander's brawling. In the end, Clark Alexander was just too much for the daredevil from the Coastal Zone. The surprise, however, happened at the end of the match. After the winning fall, </span><span style="color:#808000;"><strong>B.B. Colossus </strong></span><span style="color:#808000;">walked to the ring unannounced and completely destroyed both Skye and Alexander. It is unknown why Colossus was even in Pittsburgh, much less at a PSW event, and we hope to clarify the situation more in the coming days.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">In an upset, The Deadly Alliance defeated the #1 contenders The Future Is Here. Much of the match was a showcase between old school brawling and new school technical wrestling, but a miscommunication between Steven Parker and Matthew Keith was the decisive moment, allowing The Wolverine to pick up the fall. Keith did not seem happy with his partner, but nevertheless, they need to get back on track if they want to win their title match next month.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>In Other Action:</strong></span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Greg Black def. JD Morgan</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Ash Campbell, Dead Bolt and Vendetta def. Little Bill Lebowski, Xavier Reckless, and Antix</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Teddy Powell def. Primal Rage to retain the PSW National Championship</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Madman Boone def. Nelson Callum to retain the PSW Championship</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#8B0000;">Much needs to be sorted out, and head booker Don Hughes should be giving an interview soon to do just that, and to announce the matches for February's PSW No Love Lost.</span></p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#000000;"><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">PSW No Love Lost Interview</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mitch Naess: </strong>Once again, head booker Don Hughes is joining me to talk about the latest in PSW. Let's not waste time. Don, BB Colossus shows up unannounced and brutally assaults Clark Alexander and Remmy Skye. This monster tried to make a statement. Was it heard?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Don Hughes: </strong></span><span style="color:#FF0000;">Yes it was. While I am thoroughly pissed that he ruined they debut of two top workers, he demolished them in a way that, frankly, I admire. With that said, he still needs to prove himself here in PSW. At No Love Lost, he will get that chance. BB Colossus will face PSW National Champion Teddy Powell in a non-title match. If he wins and proves himself worthy, he will get a shot at Teddy Powell for his championship.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Naess: </strong>We also saw The Future Is Here lose their warm up match for the PSW Tag Team Titles against The Deadly Alliance with some miscommunication between the two. Does this change the match at No Love Lost?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Hughes: </strong></span><span style="color:#FF0000;">No. I named them #1 contenders for a reason, and they are still the #1 contenders. While The Deadly Alliance showed that they can still compete in the tag team division, these two young teams are the future of tag team wrestling. The Philly Blondes and The Future Is Here are two teams that have many similarities. Matthew Keith and Ash Campbell both have wrestling fathers, while Steven Parker and Nelson Callum both possess great timing in the ring as well as a good all around game. I'm betting that Keith and Parker will get their act together and give it their all at No Love Lost.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Naess:</strong> Finally, what is the second match going to be in the PSW Championship Round Robin Tournament?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Hughes: </strong></span><span style="color:#FF0000;">Johnny Martin and Greg Black will be the headlining match for No Love Lost. This is a match that I have been looking forward to seeing since I announced this tournament. Greg Black is an accomplished wrestler at the highest of levels in the SWF, while Johnny Martin has always been a big fish in a small pond. Martin's opportunities are dwindling, and if he loses this match, it could spell the end of his career as a headlining guy. However, Greg Black has a lot to lose here as well. He doesn't want to lose his first match in this either, and with his pedigree as a guy who made it to the big time, a loss to Johnny Martin could shatter his confidence going into his match next month against Grandmaster Phunk, who has a lot of momentum right now with his win.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Naess: </strong>It is certainly shaping up to be a great show this month. As always, thank you for your time.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Hughes: </strong></span><span style="color:#FF0000;">Thank you, Mitch, and thank the wonderful fans here in Pittsburgh for their continued support of PSW Wrestling.</span></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">PSW No Love Lost Big Matches</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

<strong>Johnny Martin (0-1) vs. Greg Black (0-0)</strong></p><p><strong>

PSW Tag Team Champions The Philly Blondes vs. The Future Is Here</strong></p><p><strong>

PSW National Champion Teddy Powell vs. B.B. Colossus (non-title match)</strong></p>

<p><strong>Johnny Martin (0-1)</strong> vs. Greg Black (0-0)</p><p>

<strong>PSW Tag Team Champions The Philly Blondes</strong> vs. The Future Is Here</p><p>

<strong>PSW National Champion Teddy Powell</strong> vs. B.B. Colossus (non-title match)</p>

Archived