How severe are the penalties for a face vs. face match?

I ask because I've reached the point in a save where I want two face legends (something like Sting vs. Undertaker) to main event a PPV and turning one of them isn't really an option.

I'd expect these two in normal circumstances (face vs. heel) to put on an A rated match, maybe B+, but if the penalty for face vs. face is too much I obviously can't have it as my main event.

Thanks for the help.

It's not as huge as Heel vs Heel, but I wouldn't put it as a main event. It'd work as a co-Main Event, but the penalty would probably knock it down a grade or two.

Someone with more experience can probs offer more help, but I personally wouldn't have it as a main event, since the few Face/Face matches I've had were lower than I expected.

EDIT: I just did a quick test using Ernest Youngman vs KC Glenn in MAW

Face vs Heel got 52/D+

Face vs Face got 48/D+

Heel vs Heel got 46/D

So it was a 4 point drop...obviously different companies/wrestlers would produce different results, but that was a drop of 7.7%. If this match hypothetically got 90, it would've dropped to about 84.

So it doesn't drop it drastically, and you might be able to get away with it. But be cautious...the penalty may be higher the more popular they are.

I didn't make a note of numbers or anything, but last time I wanted a face vs face match between 2 main eventers I had one of the build to a turn for a bit first, then cancelled the turn after the match, still got a decent grade from them :)

Archived