NYCW: Tradition Never Dies

Queens, New York

It was nearly 9pm on a Friday night in mid December and the snow was falling pretty hard outside. I could not believe that seven or eight guys made their way down here to train, but what else did I have to do. When I decided to buy this old boxing training facility, I never imagined that I would have a waiting list of people who wanted to train to get into a business where 90% of the guys only made a couple hundred bucks a show. I liked to think these guys wanted to learn the tradition of my beloved business....but I knew better.....these guys all thought they were the next Cornell, Keith, Strong, DeColt, Stone or Gilmore...boy did they have a rude awakening coming. I would show new "prospects" the scars on my knees, back, arms and the self inflicted ones on my head from my years bleeding for Phil and Extreme, but they still showed up each day, ready for more. Was it me or was it the bright lights and big money of TCW, USPW or SWF? I was standing in the ring with two of my "best" guys, when the door opened and in walked a guy covered in snow....I looked up and immediately recognized him......

"ERIC TYLER!" echoed throughout the small, musty gym...."I heard you were back in town, so I had to come down to Queens and see for myself. When are you going to be finished? I have something I need to talk to you about."

I looked at the clock....."We were just wrapping up for the night, so maybe fifteen, twenty minutes."

"Perfect....I will wait for you in your office". And with that, he walked toward the door marked "Office" and went inside and closed the door. I sighed, then turned to the guys standing outside the ring and told them to hit the showers and I would see them on Tuesday. I turned to Jake and John and said "I have no idea why Nero said you guys were not RIPW material....I think you guys have a lot of potential as a tag team, but you cannot base everything on those videos you watched growing up. Get in the shower and I will see you guys next week. They both said thanks and headed toward the locker room.

I quickly picked up some of the towels laying around the ring and tossed them into the laundry bin, then waited til the last of the students left and locked the door. All I wanted was a beer and to relax.....but I had to see what Larry wanted first. I walked toward my office and opened the door to find Larry Vessey sitting behind my desk, using my computer....

"There you are"Larry said, "I was beginning to think you forgot I was here and went to the bar with those kids of yours."

"I know better then that, Larry....If I had left, you would have kept showing up here until I listened to what you had to say."

He laughed and said, "You do know me pretty well....anyway, I don't want to take too much of your time, so I will get right to the point....I need your help. My son turned me onto this website that talks about wrestling, and the reviews are not good.

What are they saying? Do they not understand what it is you guys stand for? I mean, Stomper was not exactly shy about it and the reviews were always good, what's changed? I asked.

They're basically saying our product is predictable and recycled....that we need new blood and ideas.

Well, why not hire some new guys? There are a bunch of guys out there that would love to add another monthly pay check.

That's just it....I don't want to keep bringing in guys who are past their primes just to get a few more butts in the seats. I mean, we have Black Hat, Whistler, Flash and Frank....we need younger guys to go with Roger, Brandon and Sammy. And that is why I am here.....I need you Eric....I need you to come in and take over the book and help me take NYCW to new heights....what do you say?

I looked down and thought about it....then said, I.....I don't know....I mean, I have guys to train......but, Travis Century has been helping me out lately, maybe he can take things over here.....

He stood up and said, Perfect! I will see you on Monday....here is the address to the office......thanks Eric....

And that is how I, Eric Tyler became the head booker for Larry Vessey and New York City Wrestling.....

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_alt_zpsd12bac36.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_alt_zpsd12bac36.jpg</span></a><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36582" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Current Champions</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>NYCW Empire</strong></p><p> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Empire_zpsf766badd.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Empire_zpsf766badd.jpg</span></a></p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/RogerCage_zps41fcf107.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/RogerCage_zps41fcf107.jpg</span></a></p><p> <strong>Roger Cage</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong> <strong>Won</strong>: November 2011</p><p> <strong>Defenses</strong>: 9</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Previous Champions</span></strong></p><p> Steve Flash (3) - June 2011 to September 2011</p><p> Honest Frank (3) - September 2010 to June 2011</p><p> Steve Flash (2) - February 2010 to September 2010</p><p> Black Hat Bailey - September 2009 to February 2010</p><p> Whistler (3) - February 2009 to September 2009</p><p> Honest Frank (2) - July 2008 to February 2009</p><p> Steve Flash - November 2007 to July 2008</p><p> Honest Frank - June 2007 to November 2007</p><p> Grandmaster Phunk - October 2006 to June 2007</p><p> Joey Minnesota (2) - March 2006 to October 2006</p><p> American Buffalo (3) - August 2005 to March 2006</p><p> Whistler (2) - February 2005 to August 2005</p><p> Joey Minnesota - May 2004 to February 2005</p><p> Whistler - January 2004 to May 2004</p><p> American Buffalo (2) - March 2003 to January 2004</p><p> Paul Steadyfast - November 2002 to March 2003</p><p> The Stomper (2) - June 2002 to November 2002</p><p> American Buffalo - January 2002 to June 2002</p><p> The Stomper - August 2001 to January 2002</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:18px;">____________________________________________</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>NYCW Tri-State Regional</strong></p><p> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_TriState_alt_zps55646e47.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_TriState_alt_zps55646e47.jpg</span></a></p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/SammyTheShark_alt_zpsb3332cda.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/SammyTheShark_alt_zpsb3332cda.jpg</span></a></p><p> <strong>Sammy The Shark (3)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Won: </strong>January 2013 @ Rush Hour</p><p> <strong>Defenses</strong>: 0</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Previous Champions</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong>The Masked Mauler (2) - June 2012 to January 2013</p><p> Bulldozer Brandon Smith - August 2011 to June 2012</p><p> Animal Harker - November 2010 to August 2011</p><p> The New York Doll - July 2010 to November 2010</p><p> Sammy The Shark (2) - October 2009 to July 2010</p><p> Dazzling Dave Diamond - April 2009 to October 2009</p><p> The Masked Mauler - August 2008 to April 2009</p><p> Lee Wright - December 2007 to August 2008</p><p> Sammy The Shark - June 2007 to December 2007</p><p> Steve Flash - September 2006 to June 2007</p><p> Grandmaster Phunk - May 2006 to September 2006</p><p> Nevada Nuclear - February 2006 to May 2006</p><p> Travis Century - October 2005 to February 2006</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:18px;">____________________________________________</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>NYCW Tag Team</strong></p><p> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Tag_zps39877016.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Tag_zps39877016.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Tag_zps39877016.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Tag_zps39877016.jpg</span></a></p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/AnimalHarker_zpsf2557215.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/AnimalHarker_zpsf2557215.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/TennesseeWilliam_zps7599d5f0.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/TennesseeWilliam_zps7599d5f0.jpg</span></a></p><p> <strong>The Southern Stars</strong></p><p><strong> (Animal Harker & Tennessee William)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Won: </strong>November 2012</p><p> <strong>Defenses</strong>: 2</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Previous Champions</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong>The Ring Generals (3) - April 2012 to November 2012</p><p> Old School Principals (3) - September 2011 to April 2012</p><p> The Ring Generals (2) - December 2010 to September 2011</p><p> Shark Cage (2) - June 2010 to December 2010</p><p> The Ring Generals - August 2009 to June 2010</p><p> Old School Principals (2) -January 2009 to August 2009</p><p> Shark Cage - May 2008 to January 2009</p><p> Old School Principals - October 2007 to May 2008</p><p> American Machine & Steve Flash - May 2007 to October 2007</p><p> Wiley Coyote (4) - September 2006 to May 2007</p><p> Whistler & Mr. America - February 2006 to September 2006</p><p> Wiley Coyote (3) - October 2005 to February 2006</p><p> Massive Problem - July 2005 to October 2005</p><p> Wiley Coyote (2) - November 2004 to July 2005</p><p> The Stomper & Whistler - August 2004 to November 2004</p><p> Wiley Coyote - March 2004 to August 2004</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote>I will update this as the diary goes

<p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>The Bronx, New York</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>

</strong></span></span></p><p>

<a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/EricTyler_zps49c40ede.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/EricTyler_zps49c40ede.jpg</span></a></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><strong><em> </em></strong></strong></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><strong><em>

</em></strong></strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong> </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>I pulled into the parking garage that was adjacent to the New York City Wrestling offices. It looked more like an old warehouse than an office building, but Stomper had built this company from the ground up and people knew exactly where the office was located. I was stopped at the gate by and older man wearing a security uniform. The name on his name tag said C. Davidson and it made me wonder if this was Charles "The Boston Bomber" Davidson. I rolled down my window and told him who I was and he just smiled and said </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>Larry told me you would be starting today. You have a parking spot waiting for you up on level 3, you will see it clearly marked...painted it myself this morning. Mister Vessey also asked me to give you this. </em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>He handed me an envelope</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>. This is a copy of the current roster, our budget and that list of phone numbers you asked for. When you get inside, just take the elevator to the 8th floor and you will see the lobby. Ms Templeton is expecting you and will show you to your office. ..oh....and welcome Mister Tyler to New York City Wrestling. </em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>I wanted to ask him if he really was The Bomber, but something inside told me this was not the time or the pl</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">ace. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

I thanked him as the gate lifted and I drove into the garage and followed the ramp up to level 3. I found my parking space right next to Larry's and Bo "Black Hat" Bailey's. Neither of them were there yet, but it was 7:30 in the morning...yeah, I was early. I got off the elevator and entered the lobby, and saw a cute girl who couldn't be more than 26 sitting at the desk in front of the NYCW logo. She saw me come in and immediately stood up and said, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Good morning Mister Tyler, I wasn't expecting you for at least another hour. Can I get you anything?</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> I </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>smiled and said no thank you. She walked back to her desk and handed me a set of keys and a folder. </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Here are your keys to the front door, your office and the gym which is on the 10th floor. Mister Vessey also wanted me to make sure you got this as soon as you got here. I think that is everything, so let me show you to your office.</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>She pressed a button on the phone and took me through the door on her right. The office beyond the door was more modern than I expected. There were about 15 desks around the outside of the room with a large, glass conference room in the center. I could see a white board on one of the walls with what looked to be a potential card for the upcoming Rush Hour show. As we walked through the room, Sophie told me that the rest of the staff didn't usually get in until 8:30 or 9 and that Larry wouldn't come in until 10 at the earliest. No wonder things are starting to get stale, no one wants to work I thought. We came to a closed door at the far end of the room, which had my name on it. </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>This is your office </strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>she said as she opened the door. Inside there was a big window that overlooked the city and in front was a nice sized desk. Sophie said she had to get back to the front, but if I needed anything to just dial '100'. As she left, I set the packets on the desk and sat down......</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>

</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Goals and Expectations</span></span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></span></em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;">1) NYCW must have gained popularity in the United States</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;">

2) NYCW must have grown to at least Regional size</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;">

3) You cannot hire any wrestler who is classified as a Spot Monkey</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;">

4) You cannot hire any wrestler who is classified as a Psychopath</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;">

5) You cannot hire any wrestler who is over the age of 45</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"> </span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;">

</span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Other Notes</span></em></span></span></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></em></span></span></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">- Do not hire Dazzling Dave Diamond</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

- Do not hire Land Mass</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

- Do not hire The Big Problem</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

- I want you to hire Cameron Vessey</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

- I have final say in wages, any offer must get my approval</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

- I have hired Travis Century to take over your training school, and we get first signing rights of any graduates.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

*Other then those rules, the company is yours. I know you will turn this around, see you around noon today Eric.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:10px;">

</span></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p>

<p>January 10th, 2013</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36582" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zpscf4d9706.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zpscf4d9706.jpg</span></a> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/COTT_zps4ad0306e.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/COTT_zps4ad0306e.jpg</span></a><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>News & Notes</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">IT has been just about two weeks since Eric Tyler took over as head booker of New York City Wrestling, and already some big changes have been made with not only the company, but in the Confederation of the Territories.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> Tyler reached out to the board of COTT and was able to convince them to vote on adding two new members to the alliance. We are pleased to announce that by a unanimous decision, FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling and Texas Wrestling League have both been accepted into the alliance.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> With the announcement that FCW and TWL have been granted membership to COTT, Eric Tyler was able to lobby that a new territorial championship be created and the first champion be crowned in April at the NYCW sponsored Battle of Champions event. This event will feature matches between the different champions of the member companies. </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> The COTT Regional Champion will be decided between the top singles champions of four of the member companies. These four men will be chosen by the board and will compete in a four way match to decide the champion. Whoever wins the title can defend the title at any of the COTT members events, but they MUST defend it at the annual Battle of Champions event, held every April.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> NYCW has also announced a King of New York tournament to be held every September. The tournament is open to anyone currently working for a COTT member company. This 16 man single elimination tournament will be held annually and will crown a tournament champion, where the winner will receive a $25,000 cash bonus, plus bragging rights for a full year. He will also be guaranteed a spot in the next tournament, if he is still working for a COTT member company.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> NYCW will hold its annual Rush Hour event, this Saturday at The Ministry in Queens. Tickets are on sale now at the box office and online at </span></em><a href="http://www.nycwrestling.com." rel="external nofollow"><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">http://www.nycwrestling.com.</span></em></a><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> All three titles will be on the line and we will see the debuts of Bradford Peverell, Matthew Keith and Cameron Vessey. Door open at 6pm with a pre-event concert featuring some local bands. Pre-show matches will begin at 7:30 with the Rush Hour Event beginning at 8pm. Get your tickets now!</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Roster News</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> - Released Fern Hathaway from her contract. We wish her good luck in her future endeavors. </p><p> </p><p> - Signed Canadian Crusher, Riley McManus, Curtis Jenkins, Alan Parent, Bradford Peverell, Matthew Keith, Cameron Vessey, Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36582" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zps4b048b01.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zps4b048b01.jpg</span></a><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Presents</span></span></span></span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></span></span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></span></strong></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:24px;">Rush Hour</span></span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Satuday, January 12th, 2013</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> The Ministry</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Queens, New York</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Preview</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>Grudge Match</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Black Hat Bailey vs "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>#1 Contender to the Tag Team Championship</strong></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> The Ring Generals vs The Boys From The Yukon </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>For the NYCW Tag Team Championship</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> The Southern Stars © vs The New York Doll & Monty Trescarde</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> NYCW Debut</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Bradford Peverell vs Rick Sanders</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>For the NYCW Tri-State Regional Championship</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">The Masked Mauler © vs Sammy The Shark</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>#1 Contender to the Empire Championship</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Whistler vs Steve Flash vs Cameron Vessey vs Matthew Keith</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>For the NYCW Empire </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><strong>Championship</strong></strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Roger Cage © vs Honest Frank</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote>Predictions welcome

<p>Grudge Match</p><p>

Black Hat Bailey vs <strong>"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith</strong></p><p>

Comment:</p><p> </p><p>

#1 Contender to the Tag Team Championship</p><p>

The Ring Generals vs <strong>The Boys From The Yukon </strong></p><p>

Comment: </p><p> </p><p>

For the NYCW Tag Team Championship</p><p>

<strong>The Southern Stars © </strong>vs The New York Doll & Monty Trescarde</p><p>

NYCW Debut</p><p>

<strong>Bradford Peverell </strong>vs Rick Sanders</p><p>

For the NYCW Tri-State Regional Championship</p><p>

<strong>The Masked Mauler (c</strong>) vs Sammy The Shark</p><p>

#1 Contender to the Empire Championship</p><p>

<strong>Whistler </strong>vs Steve Flash vs Cameron Vessey vs Matthew Keith</p><p>

For the NYCW Empire Championship </p><p>

<strong>Roger Cage ©</strong> vs Honest Frank</p><p>

Comment:</p>

<p>Grudge Match</p><p>

Black Hat Bailey vs <strong>"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Ring Generals</strong> vs The Boys From The Yukon</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Southern Stars ©</strong> vs The New York Doll & Monty Trescarde</p><p> </p><p>

NYCW Debut</p><p>

Bradford Peverell vs <strong>Rick Sanders</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Masked Mauler © vs <strong>Sammy The Shark</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Whistler vs <strong>Steve Flash</strong> vs Cameron Vessey vs Matthew Keith</p><p> </p><p>

For the NYCW Empire Championship</p><p>

Comment: He always gets signed by SWF when I have started games as NYCW.</p>

<p>Grudge Match</p><p>

Black Hat Bailey vs <strong>"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith</strong></p><p>

Comment: <em>unless he got an amazing roll, Bailey is way past his prime and needs to move aside.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Ring Generals</strong> vs The Boys From The Yukon</p><p>

Comment: <em>I just can not see the Boys as anything but jobbers waiting to be released at the end of their contracts.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Southern Stars ©</strong> vs The New York Doll & Monty Trescarde</p><p>

NYCW Debut</p><p>

<strong>Bradford Peverell</strong> vs Rick Sanders</p><p>

The Masked Mauler © vs <strong>Sammy The Shark</strong></p><p>

Whistler vs <strong>Steve Flash</strong> vs Cameron Vessey vs Matthew Keith</p><p>

Comment: <em>Steve should have one last run as champ before his decline really starts setting in.</em></p><p> </p><p>

For the NYCW Empire Championship</p><p>

Comment: <em>This is of course contingent on him not being scooped up by one of the big boys. In most games I've run, he's gone within a month. Then again, in my longest running game he is in the middle of his second run as NYCW Empire Champ and first run of IPW Champion.</em></p>

Love NYCW, was the first company I played as when I started playing TEW. I will be following.

Grudge Match

Black Hat Bailey vs "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith

Comment: Got to go with the younger guy

#1 Contender to the Tag Team Championship

The Ring Generals vs The Boys From The Yukon

Comment: They are the class of the tag division

For the NYCW Tag Team Championship

The Southern Stars © vs The New York Doll & Monty Trescarde

Comment: Unless you are turning Generals or Stars, I just going on a limb

NYCW Debut

Bradford Peverell vs Rick Sanders

Comment: Old School over the hands of stone

For the NYCW Tri-State Regional Championship

The Masked Mauler © vs Sammy The Shark

Comment: Never liked Mauler as a singles wrestler

#1 Contender to the Empire Championship

Whistler vs Steve Flash vs Cameron Vessey vs Matthew Keith

Comment: Want to go with one of the younger guys, but they aren't as over as Whistler or Flash.

For the NYCW Empire Championship

Roger Cage © vs Honest Frank

Comment: Best guy on the roster to hold it, unless he gets scooped up by SWF. Still think he wins

<p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>The Ministry, Queens, New York</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>

</strong></span></span></p><p>

<a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/EricTyler_zps49c40ede.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/EricTyler_zps49c40ede.jpg</span></a></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><strong><em> </em></strong></strong></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><strong><em>

</em></strong></strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong> </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>It was three hours until Rush Hour and I just arrived at The Ministry to find that more than half the roster was already here getting ready for the show. I walked past the catering area and noticed Steve Flash sitting with Cameron Vessey, Matthew Keith and Canadian Crusher. You could hear Steve going over some of the spots in their match later on tonight. Even though I had not told them who was going to win, they were still talking about what to do to put on the best possible match. I said my hello's to them and saw Whistler, Roger Cage, Brandon Smith and Honest Frank talking about their matches while getting food. Looked like things were going pretty smooth, but that is what you get when you have a solid locker room morale. I turned the corner and saw the makeshift office that was set up for Larry and myself. It looks like an old storage closet with a desk shoved in the corner.....Oh how I missed the Indy Scene, I thought as I set my bag down and took my laptop out.</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>

I fired up the computer and waited for it to connect to the WiFi and was actually surprised that this place had wireless internet installed. I liked this old church, in fact I wrestled many times in this place back with DAVE. I went through my emails and saw that Jack had replied with the contact information I asked for. I pulled up the template that Larry gave me to send out to prospective hires and filled in the necessary information. Just as I was about to his send, I heard a bunch of yelling and a big crash from the catering area. I jumped up and ran down the hall to see Marv Statler wearing nothing but a towel trying to get at one of the new guys, Alan Parent. </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>

</em></span><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/MarvStatler-1_zpsd162319d.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/MarvStatler-1_zpsd162319d.jpg</span></a><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> </em></span><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/AlanParent_zps15266f97.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/AlanParent_zps15266f97.jpg</span></a></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>

</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!! </strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>I yelled as Dean Waldorf and Rock Downpour pulled Statler away from Parent. </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>It was just a prank Eric, and this guy goes nuts and tries to rip my head off. </strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>said Alan. </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>A PRANK! ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS! This nobody put Icy Hot inside my shorts while I was getting my other bag out of my car. I put on my shorts and he goes running out of the locker room....didn't take me long to figure out who did it</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>, </em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>said Statler, I looked around and now 95% of the roster was in here, all looking at me....waiting to see how I was going to handle this. I rubbed my temple with my left hand and thought for a second. </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Okay, Marv....go get in the shower and use conditioner....trust me, it works. Let me know if you think you won't be able to work tonight, maybe Dean can carry more of the workload if needed. YOU, </strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>I pointed at Alan Parent, </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Follow me....</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> I turned and walked down the hall back toward the office with Parent behind me. He was trying to plead his case the whole way down, I just tuned him out trying to figure out how to I was going to handle this without losing the locker room.</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> </em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>

We walked into the office and I closed the door behind Parent...</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Sit down</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> I barked at him. He sat on the couch and I took a seat at my desk. </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Okay....here is the deal, I heard you were a bit of a prankster, but this is your first freaking show with us....and to pick on one of the veteran guys....what the hell were you thinking?! </strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>He tried to answer, but I cut him off...</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>No, shut up....here is what is going to happen.....you are going to be fined half of your appearance fee....and if this EVER happens again....you are going to be back working those small Independent shows in front of 20 people.....got it? </strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>He nodded......</em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Good....now get the hell out of my sight and get ready for your pre show match before I change my mind and fire your ass.....</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> He stood up, clearly not happy and left the room.....almost running into Larry Vessey as he walked out the door. Larry looked at Parent as he left, turned to me and said </em></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Hey Eric....what I miss?</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> Ugh.....hope this isn't a sign of things to come.....</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span></p>

Presents

Rush Hour

Saturday, January 12th, 2013

The Ministry

Queens, New York

Live to DVD

Pre-Show: Bonus Match Results

The American Cobras def. Bailey & Flynn (E+)

Geoff Borne def. Alan Parent (E)

The Atlantic Connection def. Andrew Harper & Canadian Crusher (E+)

Welcome everyone to New York City Wrestling and Rush Hour from the historic and beautiful Ministry in Queens, New York. I am Rock Downpour and I am joined by my broadcast partner, The Slick Pimp Daddy, Ernie Turner.

Why thank you Rock, I never get tired of hearing you use the words Pimp and Daddy in the same sentence.

To be honest, I never thought that I would have to use that phrase every time we go on the air. Anyway, tonight we have a great lineup in store for you as all three titles will be on the line, as The Southern Stars will defend against the team of Monty Trescarde and The New York Doll.....The Masked Mauler will defend his Tri-State Regional Title against former champ, Sammy The Shark and Empire Champion, Roger Cage will defend against.....

Empire State of Mind begins to play and out walks Roger Cage, with the Empire Championship belt draped over his shoulder. He is dressed in a very expensive looking suit and as always, he is accompanied by Cheerleader Nicki. They take their time getting to the ring, slapping hands with the fans as he walks toward the ring. He holds the ropes for Nicki, who in turn holds them for Roger. He takes his sunglasses off, folds them up and puts them in his inside jacket pocket. He then retrieves a microphone from his back pocket.....

Well, speak of the devil.....It's the Empire Champ....lets see what Roger has to say

Who cares what he has to say, lets just look at Nicki....WOW!!!

"Hello there New York! It is great to be back in the place where I won my first title here in NYCW." The crowd cheers "Now I did not come out here to get a cheep pop by telling you how great you guys are and how much I love Queens....although it true.....I came out here tonight to talk a little about my match later on tonight with a man who is no stranger to the Empire Championship. If you have been following NYCW, you will know that a lot of great wrestlers have held this title.....men like Stomper, Whistler, Steve Flash, American Buff..."

"Oh will you please shut the hell up!" The crowd boos loudly as Honest Frank steps out from behind the curtain. "My god Roger, you do this every month....you come out here and stroke these morons off by telling them how great they are and how honored you are to hold the Empire Championship. But fact is, you are not that cheery little boy when that camera is not on you....NO.....in reality, you are nothing more than a pompous little punk who has been lucky to hold onto that belt as long as you have....well junior, tonight I will put an end to your reign as champion...tonight Honest Frank will hoist that belt over his head for a 4th time.....and there is HONESTLY nothing, you can do about it."

Cage drops the mic and stands on the second rope, motioning for Frank to come down to the ring, but Frank just smiles and retreats to the back, leaving Cage and Nicki in the ring.

Looks like we are going to have one heck of a Main Event....Roger Cage defends against Honest Frank.....let's go the back, where Bulldozer Brandon Smith is standing by.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/BulldozerBrandon_alt5_zpsfa770e2f.jpg

"Black Hat Bailey.....for almost a year now, you have been showing up where ever I go....at the dry cleaner, at the barber shop, the tattoo shop, even the restaurants and bars I hang out at. At first I did not think anything of it, but back in June, you cost me the Tri-State Regional Title and have ducked me ever since. Well tonight, you have nowhere to run and hide...it's just you and me, inside that ring....and don't think I am going to go easy on you just because you are getting up there in years....be prepared for the beating of a lifetime!"

*A very solid match that the already fired up crowd got into as they were very vocal in their support for Smith. Bailey could not match the power of Smith and it cost the veteran in the end as Smith was able to reverse a DDT into an Inverted Piledriver for the win.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Black Hat Bailey in 8:25 by pinfall with an Inverted Piledriver. (D)

Very good win for Brandon Smith, he really has wanted to get his hands on Bailey for some time now, but the veteran always found a way to weasel out of facing him.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/CameronVessey_zpsb793ae7b.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/MatthewKeith_zpsd993ea1b.jpg

"Most of you do not know who we are.....but after tonight, that is going to change. Tonight we have a chance to finally step out from behind the shadows of our Fathers and become the #1 contender to the Empire Championship. And then you will know who Cameron Vessey and Matthew Keith are."

"We may just be Second Generation right now......but all of you can mark this night down as when the son's began their ascent into stardom and the night when we are no longer referred to as Larry and Sam's boys....but the night that they became Cameron and Matthew's Fathers....."

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/RockDownpour_alt2_zps3f1cd9b4.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/MarvStatler-1_zpsd162319d.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/DeanWaldorf-1_zpsfd640a57.jpg

* We cut to a prerecorded interview with Rock Downpour and The Ring Generals (Marv Statler and Dean Waldorf). They talk about their run in NYCW, their 3 reigns as the Tag Team Champs, their ongoing feud with the Old School Principals (Masked Mauler and Rick Sanders). They hype their match with The Boys From The Yukon and while they are big, they don't have the experience that the Generals do, and guarantee a win tonight and they will get the belts back soon.

Nice job Rock, not lets go to the ring and see if the Generals can make good on their promise.

*Not one of the best matches in company history, the crowd was into it but the action was all over the place. The Ring Generals clearly were the better team and won with a Backdrop Backbreaker.

The Ring Generals defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 9:32 when Marv Statler defeated Whitehorse Whittaker by pinfall with a Backdrop Backbreaker. (E+)

Looks like the Generals made good on that promise...and they are coming over here to join us.....

Hey guys, nice win over the two bigger men.

Thanks Ernie, we just figured we would join you and watch the next match and get a little scouting in....

Works for us.....but we are going to have to wait, looks like Eric Tyler is coming to the ring....lets see what he has to say.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/EricTyler_zps49c40ede.jpg

"For those of you that don't know who I am....I am The Traditionalist, Eric Tyler. I was working for another promotion in Pittsburgh when Larry Vessey tracked me down after a show and told me that his company needed help....I just didn't know how much until I got here. New York City Wrestling has a reputation of being known for that throwback, traditional feel....well, being an expert on tradition, I can tell you that there is nothing traditional about this place....and instead of throwback, you should just throw every wrestler in the back out the door.....well, with the exception of a few....new faces". The crowd begins to boo, "Ha ha...boo me all you want, but the truth is staring all of you in the face....and each and every one of you will thank me when I am done with this place.....change is coming and there is nothing any of you can do to stop it!" The crowd beings to boo louder as Tyler drops the mic and leaves the ring....

Wow...he doesn't hold anything back does he?

I guess not....and he is right....there is nothing we can do about it....he is our new Commissioner.

Well, lets go to the ring for our first of three title matches.....

The Southern Stars © vs Monty Trescarde & The New York Doll

*For the NYCW Tag Titles*

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Tag_zps39877016.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Tag_zps39877016.jpg

*An awful match as both teams did not work well together. The Stars looked good as a team but Trescarde and the Doll should stick to singles matches. The Generals did some nice commentary work as they sat with Rock and Ernie, seemed like a friendly feud could be starting. Animal Harker would pin the Doll after a Texas Meat Grinder.

The Southern Stars defeated The New York Doll and Monty Trescarde in 12:18 when Animal Harker defeated The New York Doll by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder. The Southern Stars make defense number 2 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. (E+)

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/AnimalHarker_alt_zps738c9d2c.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/TennesseeWilliam_zps7599d5f0.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/MarvStatler-1_zpsd162319d.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/DeanWaldorf-1_zpsfd640a57.jpg

*After the match, The Ring Generals grabbed the Tag Title belts from the ringside table and climbed into the ring, Harker and William did not know how to react and just stared down the challengers. Waldorf and Statler would extend their hands and handed the belts over to the champs and raised their arms as a sign of respect between the two teams.

What a sign of respect between both these teams. The Ring Generals will take on The Southern Stars next month at St Valentine's Massacre for the Tag Titles.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/BradfordPeverell_zps28b57d59.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/ErnieTurner_zps2cf526fe.jpg

* We cut to a prerecorded interview where Ernie Turner is interviewing new NYCW star, Bradford Peverell. They talk about his career and why he chose to come to NYCW. Peverell said he always loved New York and that he has dreamed of holding the Empire Championship. They discuss his first opponent (Rick Sanders) and Peverell says how much respect he has for the veteran and he hopes for a good match.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/RickSanders_alt_zps251cd48d.jpg

"Tonight I get to spoil the debut of the self proclaimed Hands of Stone, Bradford Peverell. You think you can waltz into my company and jump right to the top of the card? Well let me inform you how things are done around here....they are done the Old School way....you have to earn your spot....and from what I have seen, you seriously are not ready.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/BradfordPeverell_zps28b57d59.jpg vs http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/RickSanders_alt_zps251cd48d.jpg

Bradford Peverell vs Rick Sanders

*NYCW Debut*

*After the last two matches, this one really got the crowd back. Both men worked very well together and the crowd started to get loud again. Sanders really shone in this match, but he wouldn't be able to overcome the newcomer, as a Dream Left Hook ended the match.

Bradford Peverell defeated Rick Sanders in 15:17 by pinfall with a Dream Left Hook. (D)

Great debut by Peverell, able to pin the veteran Rick Sanders, Sanders will not be happy when he comes to after that Dream Left Hook...now lets take a look at the second of our title matches.....

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/SammyTheShark_alt_zpsb3332cda.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/TheMaskedMauler_zps15e5ceea.jpg

* We cut to a video hyping the feud between Sammy The Shark and The Masked Mauler over the Tri-State Regional Title.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/SammyTheShark_alt_zpsb3332cda.jpg vs http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/TheMaskedMauler_zps15e5ceea.jpg

Sammy The Shark vs The Masked Mauler ©

*For the NYCW Tri-State Regional Title*

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_TriState_alt_zps55646e47.jpg

*The crowd was still pretty fired up from the last match, so they were into this one. Both guys work well together so it made for a good bout. Sammy kicked out a number of times after being on the receiving end of a inverted piledriver. Sammy took advantage when Mauler was arguing with Michael Bull and hit the Ace In The Hole.

Sammy The Shark defeated The Masked Mauler in 14:04 by pinfall with an Ace In The Hole. Sammy The Shark wins the NYCW Tri-State Regional title. (E+)

Sammy The Shark is now the three time Tri-State Regional Champion....what a resilient effort when it looked like he was down and out.

Rush Hour has not been kind to the Old School Principals.....lets go to the back and hear from Whistler and Steve Flash.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/SteveFlash_zpsfc782855.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Whistler_zps694a7bcf.jpg

"Matthew Keith and Cameron Vessey.....both Whistler and I have known you since you were both in diapers, running around backstage. We would have though that you would have more respect for the business that you grew up with. But apparently you both need a reminder of that....even though it's ever man for himself in our match, I think we can find it in our hearts to give you that lesson you both deserve."

"We both have a ton of respect for both your Fathers....it's too bad that you have so little....so may the better man win tonight, but you know that both Steve and I will bring 110%....so you better be ready."

The veterans look to be on the same page, our Co-Main Event is up next to decide the #1 Contender to the Empire Championship.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/CameronVessey_zpsb793ae7b.jpg vs http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/MatthewKeith_zpsd993ea1b.jpg vs http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/SteveFlash_zpsfc782855.jpg vs http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Whistler_zps694a7bcf.jpg

Cameron Vessey vs Matthew Keith vs Steve Flash vs Whistler

*#1 Contender to the NYCW Empire Title*

*So far the match of the night, as it looked more like a hardcore tag match as Flash locked up with Vessey and Whistler and Keith went at each other. A very good match, so far the match of the night. Keith would get the victory when he locked in the Proton Lock on Whistler and Vessey held Flash from getting back in the ring to break it up.

Matthew Keith defeated Whistler, Cameron Vessey and Steve Flash in 19:13 when Matthew Keith defeated Whistler by submission with a Proton Lock.. (D+)

*After the match, the video board lights and a dark promo of a man dressed in a white suit and cowboy hat is seen sitting in front of a Confederate Flag. He has a deep southern drawl and talks about how the North killed wrestling in the South and vowed to take some revenge, starting with the two men still in the ring. Flash and Whistler look at the board, then at each other not knowing what to do next. The video fades out but left on the screen are the word......COMING.....TO......NYCW......NEXT....MONTH.......

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/938570_zpscad682a2.jpg

Who the heck is Southern Justice and what do they have against Flash and Whistler?

I don't know Rock, but it looks like we will find out next month at St Valentine's Day Massacre.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/CameronVessey_zpsb793ae7b.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/SammyTheShark_alt_zpsb3332cda.jpg

*We cut to the back where we see Sammy The Shark laid out on the floor with two feet standing by his head. As the camera pans out, we see Cameron Vessey standing over him holding the Tri-State Regional Title. Vessey just smiles and motions to the camera that the title will soon be his. He drops the belt on the prone body of Sammy and walks away.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/RogerCage_zps41fcf107.jpg vs http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/HonestFrank_zps08acca97.jpg

Roger Cage © vs Honest Frank

*For the NYCW Empire Championship*

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Titles/NYCW_Empire_zpsf766badd.jpg

*A good match despite Cage and Frank not really working too well together. The crowd was really behind Cage and seemed to will him to kick out a couple of times when it looked like Frank was going to win. Cage would take control at about the 18 minute mark and land the Cage Rage for the win.

Roger Cage defeated Honest Frank in 20:47 by pinfall with a Cage Rage. Roger Cage makes defense number 9 of his NYCW Empire title. (D)

Roger Cage retains the Empire Title after that great match....wait a minute, who....that's Matthew Keith...what is he doing....

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/MatthewKeith_zpsd993ea1b.jpghttp://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/RogerCage_zps41fcf107.jpg

*Matthew Keith would slide into the ring with the Empire Title and flatten Roger Cage with the belt. He would then stand over him with the belt held high over his head, then drop the title on am unconscious Cage and leave the ring. The show would fade out focused on a prone Cage....

<p>February 9th, 2013</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36582" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zpscf4d9706.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zpscf4d9706.jpg</span></a> <a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/COTT_zps4ad0306e.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/COTT_zps4ad0306e.jpg</span></a><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>News & Notes</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">Rush Hour was a huge success for the company, raising the popularity in the Tri-State area. While they did not sell out The Ministry (sold 991 of 1000 tickets), they have signed a 6 month exclusive contract with the venue. DVD sales were also at a record high, with the company almost running out of inventory.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> Rumors are that one of Eric Tyler's students failed a drug test and was fined an undisclosed amount for the infraction. We have confirmed that the wrestler was none other than one half of The American Cobras, Marvel Malloy. Tyler declined to comment, but said that the incident was handled in house and if it happens again, this could be the end of him in NYCW.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> NYCW has announced a working agreement with Eric Tyler's former employer, Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling. There was talk they would be request an invitation to COTT, but some of the other owners thought they were too close in proximity to some members, so they declined an invitation.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> The COTT Board of Directors met and have announced two of the four men that will participate in the first ever match to crown the first COTT Regional Champion. Current NYCW Empire Champion, Roger Cage will represent the host promotion and one of his opponents will be current FCW Puerto Rico Champion, Billy Russell. The other two participants will be announced next month and will be from either CZCW, TCW, MAW or 4C.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> NYCW will hold its annual St. Valentine's Day Massacre event, this Saturday at The Ministry in Queens. Tickets are on sale now at the box office and online at </span></em><a href="http://www.nycwrestling.com" rel="external nofollow"><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">www.nycwrestling.com</span></em></a><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">. The Tag Team Titles will be on the line, Roger Cage and Sammy The Shark will reunite as Shark Cage for one night to face Matthew Keith and Cameron Vessey and Steve Flash, Whistler and The Atlantic Connection will take on members of Southern Justice. Door open at 6pm with a pre-event concert featuring some local bands. Pre-show matches will begin at 7:30 with the St. Valentine's Day Massacre Event beginning at 8pm. Get your tickets now!</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></em> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Roster News</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> - Released Geoff Bourne and Andrew Harper from their contracts. We wish them good luck in their future endeavors. </p><p> </p><p> - Signed Ernest Youngman, Christopher "KC" Glenn and Steven Parker</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36582" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ohiodevil/media/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zps4b048b01.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/ohiodevil/NYCW/Graphics/NYCW_zps4b048b01.jpg</span></a><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Presents</span></span></span></span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></span></span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></span></strong></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:24px;">St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2013</span></span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Saturday, February 9th, 2013</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> The Ministry</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Queens, New York</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Preview</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>Singles Match</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Honest Frank vs "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><strong>NYCW vs Southern Justice</strong></strong></span></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><strong> </strong></strong></span></span></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">The Atlantic Connection vs Members of Southern Justice</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>For the NYCW Tag Team Championship</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> The Southern Stars © vs The Ring Generals</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p> <span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> Singles Match</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Bradford Peverell vs The Masked Mauler</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><strong>NYCW vs Southern Justice</strong></strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><strong> </strong></strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Steve Flash vs Member of Southern Justice</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>NYCW vs Southern Justice</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Whistler vs Member of Southern Justice</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>Tag Team Grudge Match</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong> </strong></span><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark vs Cameron Vessey & Matthew Keith</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Comment: </span></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote>Predictions welcome

<p>Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>Honest Frank</strong> vs "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith</p><p>

NYCW vs Southern Justice</p><p>

The Atlantic Connection vs <strong>Members of Southern Justice</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Southern Stars ©</strong> vs The Ring Generals</p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>Bradford Peverell </strong>vs The Masked Mauler</p><p>

Steve Flash vs <strong>Member of Southern Justice</strong></p><p>

<strong>Whistler</strong> vs Member of Southern Justice</p><p>

Tag Team Grudge Match</p><p>

Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark vs<strong> Cameron Vessey & Matthew Keith</strong></p><p>

Comment:</p>

Archived