Product questions for you old timers...

...and real wrestling fans.

Was thinking of recreating the Harts and their Calgary Stampede Wrestling, before some of them got on the Juice...loved watching Dynamite fly around the ring... but can't put my finger on it...so I'm asking for help...

Here's how I'm thinking: not min or max but what I'd like to set it at

Trad: medium ( I'm leaning towards higher)

Com: v.low

Cult: med

Risq. low

Modern: med

Real: v.low

Hyper.R: non

Hardcore: low

LuchaL: low

Pure: med

Daredevil: v.low

any thoughts

<p>Traditional would definitely be Key. As well, I can't see the Realism being much below Medium, given what I have watched of them. </p><p> </p><p>

If you are talking about the period before Bruce Hart had the book, then I would think Mainstream would be Low to Medium, tops. </p><p> </p><p>

Once Bruce got the book, though, things got a little crazier. But by then I think they were all on the juice anyways.</p><p> </p><p>

Perhaps the best way to determine your product is to look at NOTBPW in the C-Verse, which is really modeled off of Stampede. The one thing I might consider changing from NOTBPW is to bump the Mainstream up to Medium, not because I really feel that it was that high in reality, but because I know that DQ finishes were generally accepted by the Stampede crowd even pre-steroid era and a Medium Mainstream would open up those sorts of finishes to you.</p><p> </p><p>

And I'm not really sure why you have Cult or Hardcore in there. Not much of that in the Stampede product prior to the sale to WWE, from my recollection.</p>

<p>Traditional should be Key Feature, and I'd go Realism Medium or Heavy and Pure either Low or Medium. Mainstream depends on whether you are doing Stampede before or after Jason The Terrible, ditto Comedy. I'm not sure on Cult, as the game interprets Cult as being fans chanting "You can't wrestle!" *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP* at guys. Not sure that was a thing at any point in Stampede but I can't imagine Stampede fans getting behind anyone who can't work worth a damn. Modern wouldn't be a bad fit given the Dynamite Kid/Bret/Owen influence and the fact the Ladder Match debuted there.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm wondering if doing an occasional "stipulation" match would count as Hardcore, cause IIRC there were a few heated No DQ blowoff bouts involving chairshots and such. Lucha Libre should be set to none for basically 75% of all companies. Daredevil should be none, and so should Risque.</p>

Archived