Question for you vets

I have put the TEW'13 on the shelf for now and am going to try my hand at WMMA3 but agian, I have a couple of questions for you.

1) How often do you determine cards? 1 a week? 1 overy 2 weeks? something like that?

2) How many fights do you normally have on your cards? Says I can have up to 20 but if I do too many, I will run out of fighters for sure.

Thanks in advance and am enjoying the products that I have bought very much.

Jim

<p>1) At National I usually do one television show and one PPV every month</p><p> </p><p>

At International I do that but sometimes two PPVs if I have the main events to sell well.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

2) 12-15 usually. I like having a big roster, and in my game at High Level International my roster is over 250 people. Sometimes I go over 15 and fill nearly every slot.</p>

<p>They have significantly more.</p><p> </p><p>

My roster is limited because that was a Default database game.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm on a save in the Freshverse where it could conceivably reach UFC size given the fighter base is around 2000, and with a legit Flyweight and Bantamweight division.</p>

<p>I've only started playing this game a couple weeks ago and had much the same organisational hassles to begin with, but watching a fan made video running through his first several shows really helped out.</p><p> </p><p>

Playing as XCC in the default database, currently going for just over 2 years and have hit high level regional popularity. Still havent scored a tv show or ppv yet, but I'm hoping I can manage a tv show soon.</p><p> </p><p>

When I began I was running 1 show per month with 4-7 fights per card, depending on how many fighters were available overall. Things to look out for are the popularity of the fighter in question, fighting styles and the last time the person fought ( the roleplayer in me can't help but not want to leave fighters sitting on the sidelines for a long time ).</p><p> </p><p>

As my rosters got more talent I occasionally put in a 2nd show per month, set up so they occured every 2 weeks.</p><p> </p><p>

Currently I've introduced a middleweight division and have almost 30 fights in each of my womens, welter and lightweight divisions. I set ticket prices to low and run 2 shows per month ( week 1 and week 3 ) and am managing to bring in around 170k per show from attendances. The number of fighters available for any given card might have me set between 6-9 fights.</p><p> </p><p>

From the mention in a previous post I would hate to have to wrangle cards that dealt with 250 fighters in your organisation, but we each play in our own style. I am certainly hoping to bring in all weight classes for the male fighters and possibly split the womens group into 2 weight classes. At 25-30 fighters per class it'd mean a lot of people waiting for me to organise their next fight... But that's why I have plenty of beer in the fridge!</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Richman" data-cite="Richman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36741" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> From the mention in a previous post I would hate to have to wrangle cards that dealt with 250 fighters in your organisation, but we each play in our own style. I am certainly hoping to bring in all weight classes for the male fighters and possibly split the womens group into 2 weight classes. At 25-30 fighters per class it'd mean a lot of people waiting for me to organise their next fight... But that's why I have plenty of beer in the fridge!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know what you mean. When I started playing, I had trouble even keeping up with the Modern Warriors (real world) game world in general because it was so big. Now I can run the UFC with 400+ fighters (usually 60-70 fighters per class) without feeling even slightly overwhelmed.</p><p> </p><p> Once you get used to running smaller promotions it becomes a lot easier to wrap your mind around something bigger. If you run a lot of cards, and a lot of fights per card, it's not difficult at all to run a UFC-sized promotion. It's just overwhelming until you get more comfortable with the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceisle" data-cite="Iceisle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36741" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know what you mean. When I started playing, I had trouble even keeping up with the Modern Warriors (real world) game world in general because it was so big. Now I can run the UFC with 400+ fighters (usually 60-70 fighters per class) without feeling even slightly overwhelmed.<p> </p><p> Once you get used to running smaller promotions it becomes a lot easier to wrap your mind around something bigger. If you run a lot of cards, and a lot of fights per card, it's not difficult at all to run a UFC-sized promotion. It's just overwhelming until you get more comfortable with the game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good idea, I like my smaller unit with GAMMA right now, I don't have a huge amount of fighters at all but I am thinking about expanding my promotion to include women fighters. Is it hard to build a weight class/Gender class in this game? Obviously, I would have to start small and build up because I would have a hard time attracting the big female fighters.</p>

<p>It's not hard actually 'starting' a new weight division as long as you've got a little cash up your sleeve. I've introduced both a welterweight and middleweight division into the XCC and all I did was filter the fighter list to only show the class of fighter I wanted and exported it as a spreadsheet for easier examination. Quite easy to look at the unemployed fighters that way, and there is usually quite a lot of unemployed fighters who have a reasonable number of fights to their name, so you're not stuck simply grabbing up the newbies.</p><p> </p><p>

Then its just keep your eye on some of the ranked P4P fighters in the weight class you want and get annoyed when they've got 5 fights and 48 months remaining on their current contract! If you shortlist them then it's easier to recall which ones you had your eye on and when their contract is up you can try an offer.</p><p> </p><p>

...Hardest thing I personally find is that I actually feel sorry for the fighters who go on a 4+ fight losing spree... It has to happen to someone, and as long as my company makes its money then it's all good.</p>

<p>Depends entirely on what you like. Both questions are related. If you want few events, get megacards on all of them. If you like to 'progress' rapidly through the game, do weekly mini-events.</p><p> </p><p>

The real question is how many fights should each fighter on the roster have every year, or how many fights should your division have to stay healthy and competitive. I'd say about 3 fights a year for a fighter and 1 a month for each division.</p><p> </p><p>

I like having giant cards. It makes a SotN or KotN actually mean something. In these AI cards where there's like 6 fights, it's not that hard to be FotN. Sometimes the fight in question is merely 'good'.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the losing fighters. I like the idea of a TV show where the fighters stay the same. Eventually, people will still be interested if a fighter loses 4 in a row. It'd be an awesome idea for real life, instead of the "search for the ultimate fighter (who turns out to be... not thàt ultimate, really)". In the game, though, there's nothing of that. They lose, they get fired. Or you're playing deliberately bad. Unless you actually do care for the fighters and like their style.</p>

Archived