Effverse: The Land of Giants [Discussion]

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a new Effverse mod or a save game that will take place in the mid-to-late 90's. The idea is to have more of a National presence with big stars and big promotions, as I know the my previous mods tend to hover around Cult.

Of the two options, a save game would certainly be the easiest. I could just edit in game to get the world how I want. However, this takes away a large portion of the randomness of my universe. But on the other hand, it comes complete with a full history.

A new mod would probably be a better overall product, but would be a major undertaking with new renders, database changing, history, etc. If I were to do this I would absolutely need a team to help out.

Thoughts? Is anyone interested in a mod/save like this? Any preference? Suggestions?

<p>I like the idea. I'm playing with the 80's version and it's a lot of fun. The randomness that comes along with the mod really keeps it fresh for me to play over and over. I'd love a 90's version with things just starting to get huge. A save would be fine if that's easiest on you. Still the randomness and getting what is a brand new universe each time is what made me pick up your mod in the first place.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Either way, it's a must download for me.</p>

Archived