GAMMA: A Retrospective Look at MMA's Global Leader

Chapter 1: The Birth Of A Giant

In a dormant and baron US MMA scene, Lance Decker, backed by a select handful of wealthy investors, capitalised on what would prove to be a fruitful market, when in April of 1994, he announced the dawning of a new age in the infantile sport known as MMA. At the press conference held in a relatively low-key converted business arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, one thing was made clear to the press in attendance, the Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts meant serious business.

"All we want to show to the world, is that the sport of Mixed Martial Arts features some of the most talented athletes in the entire sporting spectrum." A bold claim indeed, but time would only prove Lance Decker right as GAMMA would climb their way to the top of the MMA world, showcasing some of the finest fights the combative world had ever seen along the way. Whilst ALPHA-1 can lay claim to pioneering MMA on a competitive market level both in Japan and to a certain extent internationally, only the purist of MMA fans stateside could name more than a handful of fighters under contract in the organisation. Names such as "The Emperor" Hassan Fezzik , Go Yamamoto and "The Dragon" Tadamasa Yamada, were recognisable enough to permeate the consciousness of the average MMA enthusiast, but how many could identify the likes of Fumiaki Hayashi or Xie Ming? Yes, ALPHA-1 may have brought MMA into the public eye and presented it in an aesthetically pleasing and grandiose format, but it was GAMMA that would go on to further the reputation of the sport as a whole.

The identity of GAMMA would no doubt be shaped by the fighters that would rise to prominence within the confines of the six-sided cage. It was the hope of Lance Decker that the champions in the promotion would be marketable enough to legitimise the organisation as a serious threat to the Japanese based ALPHA-1 that up until then, had a firm stranglehold on the sport. Fortunately for Decker and co. the first big star to rise through the ranks of GAMMA was a natural ticket-seller and would go on to be the biggest name in US MMA for the following few years, "The King of Ground and Pound" James Foster. In fact it was Foster's title win against the inaugural GAMMA Heavyweight Champion, Mark Cohen in April of 1995 that would start GAMMA on their way to being considered by the MMA media as the competitive equal of ALPHA-1. During this time, it was even questioned whether the mighty Turkish Heavyweight and future ALPHA-1 Heavyweight Champion, Hassan Fezzik could withstand the wrestling and dominating ground game of the GAMMA Heavyweight kingpin.

In the landscape of combative arts, bigger is almost always deemed to be better and subsequently, more profitable. But whilst the Heavyweights brought the muscle, it is arguable that the lighter weight divisions brought the more competitive and entertaining fights. Fighters such as Middleweight competitor, "The Anarchist" Matthew Dean, the Welterweight "Spanish Silk" Julio Regueiro and the Lightweight Sean Morrison ruled their respective divisions with style during the early years of the promotion after acquiring their championship belts. With the rise of these aforementioned individuals it showed that MMA was developing and that the fighters competing would have to seriously up their game if they wanted success long-term in the sport. No longer was it acceptable to be skilled in one discipline to earn victories, now the athletes had to be well-rounded in every facet of the game, transcending from being one dimensional and blossoming into true mixed martial artists.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s761.photobucket.com/user/LoNdOn_BeAsT/media/GAMMA/GAMMA-L_zpsc6b9c10b.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/GAMMA/GAMMA-L_zpsc6b9c10b.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Chapter 2: The Launch Into PPV</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Saturday the 31st of January 1998 will live long in the memory of MMA fans worldwide, for this was the day that the battle for domination between the two biggest organisations in MMA truly began. </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>GAMMA</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> would step up to the plate on an equal footing with </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>ALPHA-1</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> for the very first time, as both companies look set to debut on Pay-Per-View. The deals with their respective broadcasting companies were in fact struck only three days apart, as both organisations looked to get a step up on the competition. Backed by two of their biggest stars, ALPHA-1 would headline their card with a Light Heavyweight title bout between the defending champion </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Tadamasa Yamada</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and former Judo Olympian, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Sho Kitabatake</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">. This match making was a wise move by ALPHA-1, as not only did it showcase one of the promotion's best and most recognisable champions in Yamada, but it also brought in mainstream attention as Kitabatake had garnered national fame through his exploits at the 1992 Olympic games for his country.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Many experts believed that the fight between Yamada and Kitabatake would favour the durable champion thanks to his vast experience in the sport and the judoka's relative lack of diversity. What the odd makers didn't account for however, was the way in which Kitabatake would step up his game when presented with top-tier competition. Six minutes into the opening round Kitabatake pulled guard on The Dragon and just past the seven minute mark managed to secure a triangle with armbar for the submission victory.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

The MMA world was stunned with the crowning of the new ALPHA-1 Light Heavyweight champion. It wasn't that Kitabatake was not a skilled fighter by any means, but he was considered by insiders to be the project of the Japanese promotion and was subsequently handed an easy ride to the title bout, dispatching of cans as opposed to real elite competition. It was Kitabatake and Yamada that would carry ALPHA-1's debut PPV to </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>103,950 buys</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and bring in over </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>$600,000</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> in revenue.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

GAMMA saw what benchmark lay before them and believed they had a card that from top to bottom, was better in quality when compared to that presented by ALPHA-1. It was believed at the time that if the Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts could achieve a higher buy-rate, it would surely signal a shifting of power in the MMA landscape. It should come as no surprise that GAMMA would put their biggest Easter Egg in the proverbial basket as headlining the show would be none other than the GAMMA Heavyweight Champion, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>James Foster</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> looking to defend his title against </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>"The Tower of Power" Tim Boyer</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">.</span></p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Very Brief Writer's Note</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

I would like to welcome you all to The Chronicles of GAMMA. Feel free to predict and comment as this goes along. Any and all are welcome to join in and enjoy the ride. I will be posting a few updates throughout this evening as I finalise a few details and get things rolling. I am not promising a high volume of output, but I'll add to this as and when I get the bug. I really want to enjoy this form of creative writing and have done some work on this organisation previously, with my GAMMA diary in WMMA2 proving quite popular. I will post the first GAMMA show for predictions later this evening, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>London</strong></p>

GAMMA 22: The Legacy Begins Again

Main Event

GAMMA Heavyweight Championship

James Foster (32-4-1)(#2)© vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)

Co-Main Event

Marlon John (11-0) vs Junior Patinkin (14-1) (Light Heavyweight)

Main Card

Petey Mack (10-2) vs JJ Reid (24-5) (Middleweight)

Yevgeni Sipatov (28-7) vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) (Welterweight)

Bruce Steven (15-7) vs HM Menzel (10-3) (Lightweight)

Norbert Vinkus (2-0) vs Randall Donnelly (12-5) (Heavyweight)

Kendall Tracey (8-1) vs Bill Cumming (27-12) (Light Heavyweight)

Feel free to predict and add any comments breaking down the fights if you see fit. I am always interested to read the community's thoughts.

<p>GAMMA 22: The Legacy Begins Again</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

GAMMA Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>James Foster (32-4-1)</strong>(#2)© vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

Marlon John (11-0) vs <strong>Junior Patinkin (14-1)</strong> (Light Heavyweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

<strong>Petey Mack (10-2)</strong> vs JJ Reid (24-5) (Middleweight)</p><p>

<strong>Yevgeni Sipatov (28-7)</strong> vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) (Welterweight)</p><p>

Bruce Steven (15-7) vs <strong>HM Menzel (10-3)</strong> (Lightweight)</p><p>

Norbert Vinkus (2-0) vs <strong>Randall Donnelly (12-5)</strong> (Heavyweight)</p><p>

Kendall Tracey (8-1) vs <strong>Bill Cumming (27-12)</strong> (Light Heavyweight)</p>

Main Event

GAMMA Heavyweight Championship

James Foster (32-4-1)(#2)© vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)

Co-Main Event

Marlon John (11-0) vs Junior Patinkin (14-1) (Light Heavyweight)

Main Card

Petey Mack (10-2) vs JJ Reid (24-5) (Middleweight)

Yevgeni Sipatov (28-7) vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) (Welterweight)

Bruce Steven (15-7) vs HM Menzel (10-3) (Lightweight)

Norbert Vinkus (2-0) vs Randall Donnelly (12-5) (Heavyweight)

Kendall Tracey (8-1) vs Bill Cumming (27-12) (Light Heavyweight)

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>GAMMA Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p>

<strong>James Foster</strong> (32-4-1)(#2)© vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Marlon John</strong> (11-0) vs Junior Patinkin (14-1) <strong><em>(Light Heavyweight)</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Card</span></strong></p><p>

Petey Mack (10-2) vs <strong>JJ Reid</strong> (24-5) <strong><em>(Middleweight)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong>Yevgeni Sipatov</strong> (28-7) vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) <strong><em>(Welterweight)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong>Bruce Steven</strong> (15-7) vs HM Menzel (10-3) <strong><em>(Lightweight)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong>Norbert Vinkus</strong> (2-0) vs Randall Donnelly (12-5) <strong><em>(Heavyweight)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong>Kendall Tracey</strong> (8-1) vs Bill Cumming (27-12) <strong><em>(Light Heavyweight)</em></strong></p>

<p>GAMMA 22: The Legacy Begins Again</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

<strong>James Foster </strong>(32-4-1)(#2)© vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)</p><p> </p><p>

Foster needs to be the champ going forward, in order to bring in the big money against Carlton and Hughes down the road. Boyer has a puncher's chance but little more and once Foster gets the bout to the ground it should be a formality.</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Marlon John</strong> (11-0) vs Junior Patinkin (14-1) (Light Heavyweight)</p><p> </p><p>

John is potentially the star of this division but this is a tough match against someone who could easily have been fighting for the title. Patinkin has a strong all-round game and could be as much a threat on the ground as on his feet. A close call, this one, but I think John takes it.</p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

<strong>Petey Mack</strong> (10-2) vs JJ Reid (24-5) (Middleweight)</p><p>

Another tough one to call - Mack probably has the ground advantage but needs to be careful as Reid <span style="text-decoration:underline;">can</span> fight off his back.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Yevgeni Sipatov</strong> (28-7) vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) (Welterweight)</p><p>

Probably the match for a toilet break if you need to take one. Sipatov's grinding style is likely to be too much for the veteran Halvorsen, but this probably goes to the judges.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bruce Steven </strong>(15-7) vs HM Menzel (10-3) (Lightweight)</p><p>

Looks to be an even match-up, but Steven has the edge in experience and probably just enough to hold off Menzel. Might be another one that needs to be scored cage-side.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Norbert Vinkus </strong>(2-0) vs Randall Donnelly (12-5) (Heavyweight)</p><p>

Vinkus is powerful but not actually all that talented. Donnelly is pretty much here to be his victim to keep The Rock's momentum up long enough for him to headline a card.</p><p> </p><p>

Kendall Tracey (8-1) vs <strong>Bill Cumming </strong>(27-12) (Light Heavyweight)</p><p>

Whilst Tracey's not bad on his day, Cumming seems to be perennially underestimated. He's not champion material, but he has enough to pose problems to anyone <span style="text-decoration:underline;">not</span> in that top tier.</p>

<p>Thanks for the predictions thus far guys; I found it especially interesting to read the thoughts of batsnumbereleven on the scheduled card. I plan on posting the show at some stage this weekend. Going forward, I plan on breaking down the fight cards when I post them to give a bit of depth to the shows. The fights themselves will be posted in the report format. I will hopefully also continue writing articles etc. to engross the readers and to keep myself entertained. I think this will be a nice way to record my game which I am currently at show 130 of, with two tv shows and another PPV stream to boot. Fingers crossed I get to share it all with you fine folks.</p><p> </p><p>

All the best</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>London</strong></p>

<p>Main Event</p><p>

<strong>James Foster (32-4-1)(#2)©</strong> vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)</p><p> </p><p>

Boyer's tough, but he was always just on the edge for me...he'd beat everyone, except when it counted...Foster is in his prime in 1998, so is hard to beat.</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Marlon John (11-0)</strong> vs Junior Patinkin (14-1) (Light Heavyweight)</p><p> </p><p>

John is just a freak...still many years from his prime and already shows signs of being the #1 Light Heavyweight...Junior could score an upset, but I don't see it...John was undefeated for me until match 25, where Mike Watson finally beat him.</p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

Petey Mack (10-2) vs <strong>JJ Reid (24-5)</strong> (Middleweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Reid has this nasty habit of locking in submissions from god knows where...screwed up many a plan of mine...guess that's the nature of MMA</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Yevgeni Sipatov (28-7)</strong> vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) (Welterweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Two guys who barely lasted a year in my game! Sipatov is younger, so he's got this.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bruce Steven (15-7)</strong> vs HM Menzel (10-3) (Lightweight)</p><p> </p><p>

He may have a glass jaw...but Menzel shouldn't be a threat to his chin...Steven will make HM tap.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Norbert Vinkus (2-0)</strong> vs Randall Donnelly (12-5) (Heavyweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Vinkus can be inconsistent...but he <em>should</em> beat Donnelly...just...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kendall Tracey (8-1)</strong> vs Bill Cumming (27-12) (Light Heavyweight)</p><p> </p><p>

'Wild' Bill ain't got nothing left...Tracey was never my favourite...but he was solid...and he will win here (barring an upset, of course).</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s761.photobucket.com/user/LoNdOn_BeAsT/media/GAMMA/GAMMA-L_zpsc6b9c10b.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/GAMMA/GAMMA-L_zpsc6b9c10b.jpg</span></a><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:24px;">GAMMA 22: The Legacy Begins Again</span></span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>GAMMA 22: The Legacy Begins Again</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em>Saturday of Week 4, January 1998</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> 2,682 in Nevada for a gate of $214,560</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><em> 219,004 PPV buys generating revenue of $1,314,024</em></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Kendall Tracey (8-1) vs Bill Cumming (27-12) (Light Heavyweight)</span></strong></span><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Next up is a match in which Kendall 'The Gambler' Tracey will take on 'Wild' Bill Cumming in the GAMMA Light Heavyweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >And here we go!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey avoids a jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey slips out of the way of a jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Cumming comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Tracey.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Cumming can't get near enough to engage, Tracey uses strikes to keep him out of range.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey shoots in for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Cumming cannot stop the takedown, Tracey drove in with too much pace and power.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey ends up holding a seated Cumming around the waist, pressing him up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey starts trying to get Cumming on his back so that he can gain a better position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey shows his ground skills and gets full mount!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tracey attempts to set up an armbar on Cumming from the mount.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The armbar is fully applied, Cumming has no option but to tap out!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The winner, by submission, is Kendall 'The Gambler' Tracey!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> ></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Official Result: Kendall 'The Gambler' Tracey defeats 'Wild' Bill Cumming (Submission (Armbar) in 2:54 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Norbert Vinkus (2-0) vs Randall Donnelly (12-5) (Heavyweight)</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Moving on, Norbert 'The Rock' Vinkus battles Randall 'Dangerous' Donnelly in the GAMMA Heavyweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Round one begins!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters exchange strikes, but neither hits anything significant.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly steps back to avoid a barrage of big punches.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly avoids a jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly avoids a jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus throws a left jab but Donnelly avoids it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A straight left fails to land and Donnelly is able to fire back with a clean left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A couple of wild swings miss Donnelly and allow him to counter-strike with a stinging left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus glances a strike off the side of the shoulder.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The fight slows as Donnelly sits back and allows Vinkus to circle.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus fakes a lunge.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly seems to be waiting for Vinkus to make a move.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's under a minute left in this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly steps back to avoid a left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly hops around from foot to foot, looking for an opening.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Not letting Donnelly settle, Vinkus moves in closer.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boos echo around the arena after that round produced little in the way of entertainment.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Incredibly close round, but Vinkus came out just ahead on my score card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are back underway!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both throw strikes at each other, both easily defend the other's attempt.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Using head movement, Vinkus slips past a left jab and counters with a quick series of punches.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus throws a barrage of big punches but Donnelly covers up safely.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Slipping past some wild swings, Donnelly counters with a crisp left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly uses head movement to go under a wild swing and counter-strike with a jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus catches Donnelly with a crisp jab from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly gets tagged with a crisp jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a nice jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Slipping past a left jab, Vinkus hits a flurry of jabs and straight punches.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the second half of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus scores with a left jab from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus throws a wild right hand, but Donnelly covers up and absorbs the strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly tries to wrestle Vinkus backward and up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly can't do it though, and Vinkus is able to get free.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We're into the final minute of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly throws out a quick left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Not letting up, Vinkus steps in closer to pressure Donnelly into action.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly counters a wayward left jab with a solid left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Moving in closer, Donnelly looks like he may want to wrestle Vinkus.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly can't get near enough to engage, Vinkus uses strikes to keep him out of range.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>I think Vinkus took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A couple of wild punches go sailing past, giving Donnelly the opportunity to counter with a solid left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters advance and strike, but neither hits anything.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly counters a wayward left jab with a solid left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A straight left fails to land and Donnelly is able to fire back with a crisp jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly tries for a left jab but Vinkus moves out of range.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the second half of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Vinkus.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus tries to counter Donnelly with a right hand, but it only thumps into the gloves.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's a short stalemate as both fighters advance and throw strikes, but neither hits.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Breathing very hard, Norbert Vinkus is looking ragged.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The grappling doesn't last long, as they soon break away from each other.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Vinkus.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >To counter, Vinkus fires off a right hand but only finds the gloves.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly slips out of the way of a jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Keen to maintain some distance, Vinkus uses strikes to keep Donnelly away.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Vinkus slips past a left jab and fires back with a right hand.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Vinkus.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Donnelly moves into the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Incredibly close round, but Vinkus came out just ahead on my score card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The official scores are being reported now.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>The judges have given 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Making Randall 'Dangerous' Donnelly the winner by unanimous decision!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Official Result: Randall 'Dangerous' Donnelly defeats Norbert 'The Rock' Vinkus (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Poor.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Bruce Steven (15-7) vs HM Menzel (10-3) (Lightweight)</span></strong></span><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Another match is about to begin; H. M. Menzel will take on 'Mr. Intensity' Bruce Steven in the GAMMA Lightweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are underway!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven slips past a left jab and fires back with two straight lefts.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Moving forward, Steven counters a left jab with a stinging left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel counters a couple of wild swings by hitting a clean jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven throws a couple of wild punches as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel tries to avoid Steven.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel avoids the takedown attempt.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the second half of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Steven.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He pulls Steven into a grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel finds his dirty boxing smothered, and Steven gains the dominant position in the grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Menzel down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel cannot stop being lifted up and blasted with a Greco-Roman slam, he can only pull guard!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven fires off a few punches as he catches his breath.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven begins trying to pass the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He passes to side control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven tries to lock Menzel into an armbar.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel gets caught in an armbar! It's in deep!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >No! He pops his arm free. That was really close.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Round one ends as time expires.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>I think Steven took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are back underway!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Between rounds we could hear the corner of Menzel telling him to swing for the fences.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Menzel down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He lifts his opponent and drives him down with a Greco-Roman slam! Menzel pulls guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel can't fend off the effort, and can only stop Steven at half guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven attempts to pass half guard and gain a better position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel keeps Steven in half guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel tries to get full guard on Steven but doesn't get anywhere.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven starts trying to work to get out of half guard and into a better position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven is too skilled for Menzel, passing half guard and gaining side control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven hits a knee strike to the ribs, but it didn't connect properly because Menzel was moving too much.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the second half of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven tries to get into the mount position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Menzel can't fend off his opponent and is mounted.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Steven attempts an armbar.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The armbar is locked in, tight enough that Menzel has to tap out!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Bruce Steven takes the victory by way of submission!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Official Result: 'Mr. Intensity' Bruce Steven defeats H. M. Menzel (Submission (Armbar) in 3:56 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Yevgeni Sipatov (28-7) vs Dan Halvorsen (35-11-2) (Welterweight)</span></strong></span><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Moving on to the next match, in which Yevgeni Sipatov will battle 'The Perfectionist' Dan Halvorsen in the GAMMA Welterweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are underway!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A jab misses, allowing Sipatov to counter-strike with a stinging left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >An errant jab sets Halvorsen up to counter-strike with a clean left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov comes in with a couple of jabs, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen tries to hook a guillotine as Sipatov comes in.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov gets a single leg takedown! Halvorsen pulls guard off it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen is controlled against the ground, unable to shift Sipatov off of him.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov lies on top of Halvorsen, basically smothering him.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He can't get free of the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen attempts a triangle choke on Sipatov from the bottom of the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov defends well against it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The referee decides that there is a lack of progress being made and stands them back up.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's under a minute left in this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Advancing, Halvorsen counters a left jab by using a nice left hand.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen counters a wayward left jab with a left jab to the cheek.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Time expires and we come to the end of round one.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>An extremely close round, could have gone either way, but personally I'll give it to Halvorsen 10-9.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >And here we go, round two!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >An exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >An errant jab sets Halvorsen up to counter-strike with a left jab to the cheek.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Advancing, Halvorsen counters a left jab by using a left jab to the cheek.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen shoots in for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov stuffs the takedown attempt and then pulls Halvorsen into a clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov, controlling the grapple with Halvorsen, tries to scoop him up for a slam.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He can't get it though, Halvorsen defends it and pulls away from the grapple entirely.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Sipatov.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov lets Halvorsen get closer.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters throw strikes at the same time, both miss.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Halvorsen down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen stops the takedown attempt, then uses his wrestling to take control of the grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen has gotten underhooks in and is looking to take Sipatov to the ground.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The takedown doesn't work, Sipatov defended it well.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov turns Halvorsen slightly, creating enough space so that he can break free of the grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters throw strikes, no significant damage is inflicted by either.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Moving in closer, Halvorsen looks like he wants to strike from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Standing his ground, Sipatov looks happy to engage Halvorsen in the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen slips past a jab and scores with a clean left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Time expires and we come to the end of round two.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>I have to give that round to Halvorsen, but only a 10-9.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >From what we could hear of his corner, it sounds like Halvorsen has been instructed to try and get Sipatov to the floor in this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen tries for a left jab but Sipatov moves out of range.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A straight left fails to land and Sipatov is able to fire back with a solid left jab.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen chooses to shoot in on Sipatov.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen doesn't get the takedown, Sipatov saw it coming and was equal to it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen glances a strike off the side of the shoulder.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov steps in to put some pressure on.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov uses a flurry of lefts and rights to get Halvorsen to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen tries to hook a guillotine as Sipatov comes in.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The takedown is completed, Halvorsen is on his back and pulls half guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov tries to pass the half guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He passes to side control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the second half of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov is trying to move from side control to mount.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov isn't able to mount Halvorsen this time around.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen tries to transition to a guard, but can't manage it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov starts trying to work to use side control as a way to get behind Halvorsen.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen can't stop it and gives up his back!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen is in increasing trouble, as Sipatov gets both hooks in.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Sipatov, with both hooks fully in, tries to get the rear naked choke applied.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Halvorsen doesn't allow the rear naked choke to be applied.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We reach the time limit and this fight is over.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Sipatov.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The judges' scores are now being announced.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Judge #1 has scored it 29-28 Halvorsen.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong> >Judge #2 scores the contest as 29-28 to Sipatov.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong> >Judge #3 has given 29-28 to Sipatov.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Making Yevgeni Sipatov the winner by split decision!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Official Result: Yevgeni Sipatov defeats 'The Perfectionist' Dan Halvorsen (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Petey Mack (10-2) vs JJ Reid (24-5) (Middleweight)</span></strong></span><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Next up is a match in which 'The Amazing' JJ Reid fights 'The Mack Attack' Petey Mack in the GAMMA Middleweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The fight begins!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters advance and strike, but neither hits anything.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Reid.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He pulls Reid into a grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack is trying to push Reid so that his back is up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack does it, Reid is stuck with his back to the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack smothers Reid up against the cage, keeping him stuck there for sixty seconds.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack moves back from the grapple and looks ready to strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Reid hits a nice sequence of jabs.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >An exchange of strikes doesn't really lead to anything.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack is looking to muscle Reid back against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack does it, Reid is stuck with his back to the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid takes a sharp stomp to the foot.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack tries to hit Reid with an elbow, but Reid takes the opportunity to switch it around so that he is in control and Mack is the one backed against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid tries to take Mack down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid tries hard but cannot get Mack off of his feet.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid loses control of Mack, who circles out and returns to the center.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid comes in with a couple of jabs, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack tries to avoid the takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack avoids the takedown attempt.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The two fighters move closer, ready to strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Incredibly close round, but Reid came out just ahead on my score card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid tries for a left jab but Mack moves out of range.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack tries for a left jab but Reid moves out of range.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid throws out a couple of jabs as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack won't go down, leaving Reid to settle for pushing him up against the cage and taking his back.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid looks to clamber up Mack from behind and apply a choke of some kind.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack does not allow Reid to get the choke applied.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack is in danger as Reid tries to climb up his back and apply a choke of some kind.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack fights hard and does not let Reid get a grip.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid tries to take Mack down from behind.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid tries hard but cannot get Mack off of his feet, and is eventually reversed so that his back is against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Showing his ability to control opponents, Mack smothers Reid against the cage while nailing him with short strikes to the body for over a minute.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Having been stuck against the cage for a while without any progress, the referee brings them back to the center.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid chooses to shoot in on Mack.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid doesn't get the takedown, Mack was equal to it and pulls them into a clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack is trying to push Reid so that his back is up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He does so, and now has Reid pinned to the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid is trapped up against the cage and takes repeated small punches to the body from that position. The round ends like that.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Petey Mack is looking really tired.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>That round goes to Mack, 10-9 on my card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >And here we go, round three!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A barrage of punches miss and Reid strikes back with a left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid shoots in, looking for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid is stopped by a good sprawl, and is pulled down to the ground in a loose front facelock until he is on his knees.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid takes a few punches on the way, but manages to get back to standing.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Petey Mack looks like he is on the verge of exhaustion.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's a short stalemate as both fighters advance and throw strikes, but neither hits.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid throws out a couple of jabs as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack attempts to avoid Reid as he shoots in.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid can't get the takedown, Mack was too quick to back away.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid circles, looking for an opening.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack presses in closer to attack.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >They exchange strikes, but neither fighter inflicts any real damage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A couple of quick punches are used to set up a takedown attempt from Reid.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A counter right cross is too slow to catch Reid.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The takedown is completed, it was a single leg and Mack is left on his back pulling guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >JJ Reid is breathing very hard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid is trying to pass guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack finds his opponent too skilled, and Reid passes guard into side control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid starts trying to work to go from side control to mount.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Mack can't fend off his opponent and is mounted.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Reid tries to lock Mack in an armbar.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The armbar is locked in, but Mack survives because the round ends!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>That round goes to Reid, 10-9 on my card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The ring announcer is now giving the official scores.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Judge #1 has scored it 29-28 Mack.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong> >Judge #2 scores the contest as 29-28 to Reid.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong> >Judge #3 has given 29-28 to Mack.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Petey Mack wins by split decision!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Official Result: 'The Mack Attack' Petey Mack defeats 'The Amazing' JJ Reid (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Marlon John (11-0) vs Junior Patinkin (14-1) (Light Heavyweight)</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The co-main event is up next. 'The Iron Man' Junior Patinkin battles 'The Punisher' Marlon John in the GAMMA Light Heavyweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >And here we go!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A feinted high kick gets a reaction, and Patinkin is lucky to avoid the follow-up inside leg kick.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin slips out of the way of a leg kick.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin throws a couple of jabs, then chooses to shoot in on John.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin can't get the takedown, John defended it well.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin sneaks a glance at his corner.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John steps in closer to force the issue.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Patinkin.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin tries to catch him by surprise with a takedown attempt, but it is blocked.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin throws out a couple of jabs as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John sprawls to stop the takedown, then pulls Patinkin up close into a clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John is looking to muscle Patinkin back against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin ends up backed against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John uses a hard foot stomp.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John tries to keep Patinkin up against the cage for some dirty boxing, but Patinkin reverses so that he is the one in control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin tries to keep him up against the cage with wrestling, but John reverses so that he is the one in control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John has gotten underhooks in and is looking to take Patinkin to the ground.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John gets the takedown by using the underhooks for control and working a trip! Patinkin pulls guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin is controlled against the ground, unable to shift John off of him.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The time runs out on round one.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>That round goes to John, 10-9 on my card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's the bell and round number two begins!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John throws a right kick to the body but Patinkin avoids it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >From the missed strikes they clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Getting underhooks, Patinkin looks for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin gets the takedown by using the underhooks for control and working a trip! John pulls guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Time slips away as Patinkin successfully keeps John stuck against the ground.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He can't get free of the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John uses his legs to push Patinkin away, into a standing position.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the second half of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin throws a bomb, but it misses and he can do nothing to stop John getting back to his feet.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin drops down to try and catch him by surprise with a single leg attempt, but it is blocked.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John circles as he plans his next move.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin doesn't let John settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A weak right kick is countered by Patinkin with a left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A clever feint sets up a series of big punches that land and knock Patinkin down!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John moves in quickly, kneeling beside Patinkin and starting to hammer down with punches!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John pounds away on Patinkin, landing several great shots that rock Patinkin!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin finally manages to pull John into side control to survive.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The time runs out on round two.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>I think John took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are back underway!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John counters a wayward low kick by catching it and shooting in for a takedown, getting it! Patinkin pulls guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John unloads with some big right hands, but Patinkin deals with them comfortably.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John leans back to avoid a couple of wild swings from Patinkin.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The clock runs down as Patinkin is being smothered against the ground by John.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin is controlled against the ground, unable to shift John off of him.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John smothers Patinkin with his body by pushing forward and down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >John looks to get past the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >He can't get free of the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Marlon John is looking really tired.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin tries to pull John into a guillotine choke from the bottom of the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin uses the guillotine hold to sweep into side control.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Patinkin pounds away on John.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Unless he finds a way out of this position soon, John is going to lose this fight!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >With John stuck and taking a pounding, the referee has to stop the match!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The winner, by TKO, is 'The Iron Man' Junior Patinkin!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Official Result: 'The Iron Man' Junior Patinkin defeats 'The Punisher' Marlon John (TKO (Strikes) in 3:45 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> GAMMA Heavyweight Championship</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> James Foster (32-4-1)(#2)© vs Tim Boyer (24-3-2)(#5)</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The King Of Ground And Pound' James Foster squares off with 'The Tower Of Power' Tim Boyer in the GAMMA Heavyweight division. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >This contest is for the GAMMA Heavyweight title. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >GAMMA have been promoting this fight heavily ever since it was announced.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Let's hope it lives up to the hype and provides us with an exciting battle.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >And here we go!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Advancing, Foster counters a left jab by using a flurry of quick punches.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A couple of quick punches are used to set up a takedown attempt from Foster.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A good sprawl stops the takedown, and Foster is brought down to the mat in a loose front facelock.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer pounds away on the body and side of the head, Foster struggles to deal with them.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer pounds away with rights, hitting several big shots to the body and side of the head.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer fires away with right hands, and Foster is stung by several big shots to the side of the head.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster takes a few punches on the way, but manages to get back to standing.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The two fighters move closer, ready to strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's a double leg attempt from Foster, from the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster can't get past the sprawl of Boyer, and finds himself pushed face-down to the ground.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster takes a few punches on the way, but manages to get back to standing.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Foster.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The two fighters move closer, ready to strike.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer throws a leg kick but Foster checks it easily.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's a short stalemate as both fighters advance and throw strikes, but neither hits.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >They wind up in a tight clinch.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Boyer down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster doesn't get the takedown, Boyer blocked it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer tries to get free of the clinch, but is stuck.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster is trying to push Boyer so that his back is up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster can't move Boyer at all though, and finds himself being out-wrestled.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The grapple breaks up after a short struggle, and the two fighters step apart.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>That round goes to Boyer, 10-9 on my card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >There's the bell and round number two begins!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster slips past a barrage of big punches and fires back with a clean left.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer drops his shoulder and feints to step in, but Foster isn't buying it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster slips out of the way of a leg kick.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer fires off a big right hand first, but the impact is taken by the gloves of Foster.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer moves into the pocket.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Both fighters fire off strikes, but neither does any significant damage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer ends up grappling for supremacy with Foster.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Boyer down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer blocks the takedown attempt.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A whizzer almost allows Boyer to create enough space to get free, but Foster shuts that opportunity down.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Using his wrestling skills, Foster is trying to push Boyer up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster can't do it though, and ends up being out-wrestled in the grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer looks to get some strikes in, but Foster seizes the moment and wrestles his way into control of the grapple.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Using his wrestling skills, Foster is trying to push Boyer up against the cage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster can't do it though, and Boyer gets a more dominant position in the grapple instead.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Tim Boyer doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer throws a few close-range strikes, but Foster smothers the shots and takes control of the grappling.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster gets a couple of ineffective strikes in, but ultimately loses control of the grapple after being caught off-balance.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The lengthy period of stalemate results in the referee separating them.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >That was a yawner of a round, and I think both fighters are now a bit frustrated.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>That round goes to Foster, 10-9 on my card.</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We are back underway!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster shoots in, looking for a takedown.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster gets the takedown! Boyer pulls guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster pounds away on Boyer with elbow strikes, but few of the shots lands clean.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Boyer throws out some punches, but Foster leans back to avoid them.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster starts trying to work to get past the guard.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster passes to side control with ease.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster begins trying to get himself into a mount.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster shifts to mount.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Foster fires away with punches, Boyer is getting pounded.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >Unless he finds a way out of this position soon, Boyer is going to lose this fight!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >The referee stops the fight, he didn't feel Boyer was intelligently defending himself!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> >James Foster takes the victory by way of TKO!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>>Official Result: 'The King Of Ground And Pound' James Foster defeats 'The Tower Of Power' Tim Boyer (TKO (Strikes) in 3:16 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">The following fight and fighters were rewarded for their performance on the night, each pocketing $10,000 for their efforts.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Fight Of The Night:</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> Kendall Tracey vs Bill Cumming</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Knockout Of The Night:</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> James Foster</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Submission Of The Night:</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> Bruce Steven</span></p>

<p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Prediction Results</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

BamaNationFan123: 5/7</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

CageRage: 4/7</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Jingo: 4/7</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

batsnumbereleven: 4/7</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Shawn_Waters: 4/7</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Congratulations to </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>BamaNationFan123</em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> who wins this round of predictions!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

BamaNationFan123 = 1</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Cage Rage = 0</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Jingo = 0</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

batsnumbereleven = 0</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Shawn_Waters = 0</span></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s761.photobucket.com/user/LoNdOn_BeAsT/media/GAMMA/GAMMA-L_zpsc6b9c10b.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/GAMMA/GAMMA-L_zpsc6b9c10b.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Chapter 3: The Aftermath Of PPV</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

It was modestly predicted that the </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> would garner just over the </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>100,000</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> PPV buy mark with their foray into the field; just shy of the target set by </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>ALPHA-1</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> with their showing headlined by </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Tadamasa</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Kitabatake</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">. Never did it enter the minds of those in power at GAMMA that they would more than double the number that the Japanese powerhouse were able to accrue. This would be the first time that GAMMA would manage to best ALPHA-1 in the battle for MMA supremacy.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

With the main event of </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>James Foster</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> taking on </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Tim Boyer</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and the Heavyweight title on the line, GAMMA were able to not only beat, but blow ALPHA-1 clean out of the metaphorical water. It would be a blow from which ALPHA-1 would never be able to fully recover from and was a step which would see GAMMA grow almost exponentially over the coming years.</span></p>

<span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">GAMMA 23: Rubenstein vs Ballard II</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

GAMMA Light Heavyweight Championship</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Spencer Rubenstein © (13-4) (#9) vs Linfield Ballard (20-7) (#8)</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Buddy Garner (13-0) (#4) vs Osmosis Benn (14-0) </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>(Middleweight)</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Card</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Jeff Carlton (32-8) (#9) vs Tony McCall (32-10) (#15) </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>(Heavyweight)</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Jack Humphreys (22-6) (#17)vs Jim Carpenter (49-9-2)(#24) </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>(Welterweight)</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Bud Brockett (7-0) vs Henry Baldwin (7-2) </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>(Lightweight)</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Mac Fuller (32-8) (#23) vs Adam White (7-0) </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>(Middleweight)</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Bobby Brubaker (10-3) vs Dana Delaney (8-2) </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>(Welterweight)</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>GAMMA 23</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">, will see the Light Heavyweight championship on the line, as </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Spencer Rubenstein</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> looks to defend the title as he takes on heavy handed kick boxer, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Linfield Ballard</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> in a rematch that will likely see one competitor go to sleep before the final bell. In their first encounter, Rubenstein was able to TKO Ballard with a wicked right hook and follow up with ground and pound to see off the then champion. Both fighters are predominantly stand-up competitors with the edge in ground capabilities likely siding with Rubenstein. The champion will be opening as the slight betting favourite.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

The co-main event of the evening pits undefeated Middleweight prospects against each other as submission specialist, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Buddy Garner</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> takes on the wrestler, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Osmosis Benn</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">. Both of these combatants will be looking at a potential title shot should they win this fight, but it is important that they don't look beyond the man standing in front of them. One of these fighters will have the "0" stricken from their record. This fight will likely revolve around the battle on the ground with Benn looking to smother and pound and Garner attempting to lock on a choke or crank on a limb.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

The headline of the main card sees a Heavyweight bulldozer take on a towering arachnid. </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Jeff "The Rock" Carlton</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Tony "The Spider" McCall</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> are set to trade blows in an attempt to further their claim for a tilt with </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>"The King Of Ground And Pound" James Foster</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> in the not too distant future.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

A Welterweight clash between an MMA bad boy and a well-travelled veteran will take place with </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Jack Humphreys</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> squaring off against </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Jim Carpenter</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

Rounding off GAMMA 23, will feature fights between young up and comer, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Adam "Hollywood" White</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and crowd favourite, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Mac Fuller</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">. Lightweight action between </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Henry Baldwin</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and the undefeated </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Bud Brockett</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> and knockout specialist, </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>"All-Star" Bobby Brubaker</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> taking on </span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong>Dana Delaney</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> in Welterweight competition.</span></p>

<p>GAMMA 23: Rubenstein vs Ballard II</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

GAMMA Light Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Spencer Rubenstein ©</strong> (13-4) (#9) vs Linfield Ballard (20-7) (#8)</p><p> </p><p>

Ballard is more of an all-rounder here, but the champ has the potential to win it early with his more creative striking. Rubenstein to defend successfully, winning by head kick to <strong>take KO of the night</strong> as well.</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Buddy Garner (13-0)</strong> (#4) vs Osmosis Benn (14-0) (Middleweight)</p><p> </p><p>

A tough fight to call, with both guys being excellent prospects and potential Middleweight champions. Benn cuts a lot of weight to make 185, and this might take its toll, so I'll take Garner to win.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

<strong>Jeff Carlton (32-8)</strong> (#9) vs Tony McCall (32-10) (#15) (Heavyweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Carlton is the obvious next challenger to James Foster so should put "Spider" McCall away easily enough here, probably by TKO.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jack Humphreys (22-6)</strong> (#17)vs Jim Carpenter (49-9-2)(#24) (Welterweight)</p><p> </p><p>

The Brit has the edge in experience here, but despite his dogged determination he probably lacks the class that Humphreys professes to bring to each and every bout. Humphreys to take <strong>submission of the night</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bud Brockett (7-0)</strong> vs Henry Baldwin (7-2) (Lightweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Baldwin's here to make The Rocket look good and pick up a pay check, nothing else.</p><p> </p><p>

Mac Fuller (32-8) (#23) vs <strong>Adam White (7-0)</strong> (Middleweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Fuller is a tough opponent for the relatively inexperienced White, and this could go either way. It's one that could easily go to the judges, and hopefully keeps the crowd entertained, as this is my pick for <strong>Fight of the Night</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bobby Brubaker (10-3)</strong> vs Dana Delaney (8-2) (Welterweight)</p><p> </p><p>

The similar records disguise the gulf in ability between these two fighters. Delaney's 8-2 is heftily padded with gimmes and this is a higher level of competition than he has managed to overcome so far in his career, and I don't see him doing it here.</p>

<p>Main Event</p><p>

Spencer Rubenstein © (13-4) (#9) vs <strong>Linfield Ballard (20-7) (#8)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ran this exact same match in my GAMMA, with Ballard winning...obviously anything can happen in WMMA, but I'm giving it to Ballard.</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Buddy Garner (13-0) (#4)</strong> vs Osmosis Benn (14-0) (Middleweight)</p><p> </p><p>

This is tough, but Garner is so awesome, and Benn is cutting a lot of weight...</p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

<strong>Jeff Carlton (32-8)</strong> (#9) vs Tony McCall (32-10) (#15) (Heavyweight)</p><p>

<strong>Jack Humphreys (22-6)</strong> (#17)vs Jim Carpenter (49-9-2)(#24) (Welterweight)</p><p>

<strong>Bud Brockett (7-0)</strong> vs Henry Baldwin (7-2) (Lightweight)</p><p>

Mac Fuller (32-8) (#23) vs <strong>Adam White (7-0) </strong>(Middleweight)</p><p>

<strong>Bobby Brubaker (10-3)</strong> vs Dana Delaney (8-2) (Welterweight)</p><p> </p><p>

FOTN: Jeff Carlton vs Tony McCall</p><p>

KOTN: Jeff Carlton</p><p>

SOTN: Buddy Garner</p>

Main Event</p><p>

Spencer Rubenstein © (13-4) (#9) vs <strong>Linfield Ballard</strong> (20-7) (#8)</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Buddy Garner</strong> (13-0) (#4) vs Osmosis Benn (14-0) (Middleweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

<strong>Jeff Carlton</strong> (32-8) (#9) vs Tony McCall (32-10) (#15) (Heavyweight)</p><p>

<strong>Jack Humphreys</strong> (22-6) (#17)vs Jim Carpenter (49-9-2)(#24) (Welterweight)</p><p>

<strong>Bud Brockett</strong> (7-0) vs Henry Baldwin (7-2) (Lightweight)</p><p>

Mac Fuller (32-8) (#23) vs <strong>Adam White</strong> (7-0) (Middleweight)</p><p>

<strong>Bobby Brubaker</strong> (10-3) vs Dana Delaney (8-2) (Welterweight)</p>

GAMMA 23: Rubenstein vs Ballard II

Main Event

GAMMA Light Heavyweight Championship

Spencer Rubenstein © (13-4) (#9) vs Linfield Ballard (20-7) (#8)

Co-Main Event

Buddy Garner (13-0) (#4) vs Osmosis Benn (14-0) (Middleweight)

Main Card

Jeff Carlton (32-8) (#9) vs Tony McCall (32-10) (#15) (Heavyweight)

Jack Humphreys (22-6) (#17)vs Jim Carpenter (49-9-2)(#24) (Welterweight)

Bud Brockett (7-0) vs Henry Baldwin (7-2) (Lightweight)

Mac Fuller (32-8) (#23) vs Adam White (7-0) (Middleweight)

Bobby Brubaker (10-3) vs Dana Delaney (8-2) (Welterweight)

Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Spencer Rubenstein</strong> © (13-4) (#9) vs Linfield Ballard (20-7) (#8)</p><p>

-- surprised to see Ballard get that much support. I've played a lot of games, and only rarely he makes it big.</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Buddy Garner </strong>(13-0) (#4) vs Osmosis Benn (14-0) (Middleweight)</p><p> </p><p>

Main Card</p><p>

Jeff Carlton (32-8) (#9) vs <strong>Tony McCall</strong> (32-10) (#15) (Heavyweight)</p><p>

<strong>Jack Humphreys (22-6) (#17)</strong>vs Jim Carpenter (49-9-2)(#24) (Welterweight)</p><p>

<strong>Bud Brockett (7-0)</strong> vs Henry Baldwin (7-2) (Lightweight)</p><p>

Mac Fuller (32-8) (#23) vs <strong>Adam White (7-0)</strong> (Middleweight)</p><p>

<strong>Bobby Brubaker </strong>(10-3) vs Dana Delaney (8-2) (Welterweight)</p><p> </p><p>

--> Great even matchups btw! Lots of relative upsets possible.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Co-Main Event

Main Card

GAMMA 23: Rubenstein vs Ballard II

Saturday of Week 4, February 1998

2,396 in New Jersey for a gate of $191,680

196,400 buys for revenue of $1,178,400

>Moving on to the next match, in which Bobby 'All-Star' Brubaker goes head to head with Dana 'Danger Man' Delaney in the GAMMA Welterweight division.

>Round one begins!

>Delaney swiftly avoids a barrage of big punches.

>Brubaker steps back to avoid a left jab.

>A wayward low left kick allows Delaney to hit a nice jab.

>Several big left hands miss, setting Delaney up to counter-strike with a left.

>Delaney comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.

>Delaney can't get near enough to engage, Brubaker uses strikes to keep him out of range.

>We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.

>Delaney looks to move in and stand in the pocket.

>Delaney is now standing in the pocket.

>Brubaker uses head movement to cause a right jab to sail harmlessly by.

>Slipping past the blow, Brubaker counters an attempted knock out punch with a quick left hook, catching Delaney perfectly and knocking him out!

>By Knock Out, the winner is Bobby Brubaker!

>Official Result: Bobby 'All-Star' Brubaker defeats Dana 'Danger Man' Delaney (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:44 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

>Another match is about to begin; Adam 'Hollywood' White goes head to head with 'The Mean Machine' Mac Fuller in the GAMMA Middleweight division.

>We are underway!

>A wayward low right kick allows Fuller to hit a couple of tight angled jabs and a scorching right hook to the body.

>A left hand misses, allowing Fuller to counter with a couple of shots to the body and a nice right uppercut.

>Fuller moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a thudding right hook to the body.

>Fuller comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.

>White now has Fuller standing in the pocket.

>Fuller sees a right kick coming and so moves forward to strike with a crisp left jab.

>A nice one-two combination doesn't trouble White, who covered up well.

>A left jab misses, Fuller counters with a quick series of punches.

>Fuller dodges a jab, and fires back with a left jab to the cheek.

>We pass the halfway mark of this round.

>Fuller dodges a jab, and fires back with a sequence of quick punches.

>Fuller throws a left jab but White uses good head movement to make sure it slips by.

>White backs away to create some more space.

>White uses a nice combination as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.

>The takedown is completed, Fuller is on his back and pulls guard.

>White smothers Fuller with his body by pushing forward and down.

>We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.

>White fires away with punches, and Fuller is stung by several big shots.

>White is trying to pass guard.

>Fuller finds his opponent too skilled, and White passes guard into side control.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round one.

>I think Fuller took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

Round 2

>There's the bell and round number two begins!

>Fuller avoids a quick jab and hits a straight left.

>White avoids a quick jab and hits a crisp left hand punch.

>White counters a wayward left jab with a nice left hand.

>Fuller tries for a left jab but White moves out of range.

>A right kick to the legs misses and Fuller fires back with a tasty jab - right cross combination.

>Fuller comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.

>White now has Fuller standing in the pocket.

>Both throw strikes at each other, both easily defend the other's attempt.

>Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.

>White tries to pick Fuller up for a slam.

>He gets Fuller up! White slams him down, ending up in guard.

>White pounds away on Fuller, landing several good shots in the process.

>White looks to pass guard and get side control.

>He passes guard fairly easily, getting to side control.

>The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.

>White has solid control over Fuller, and starts pounding away with right hands.

>Fuller is barely able to do anything at all, he cannot get out from under White!

>The referee has seen enough, he pulls White off!

>By TKO, the winner is Adam White!

>Official Result: Adam 'Hollywood' White defeats 'The Mean Machine' Mac Fuller (TKO (Strikes) in 4:35 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great.

>Next up, Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett will battle Henry 'The King' Baldwin in the GAMMA Lightweight division.

>We are underway!

>Advancing, Baldwin counters a right jab by using a series of lefts.

>A jab misses, allowing Baldwin to counter-strike with a solid left.

>A couple of quick punches are used to set up a takedown attempt from Brockett.

>Baldwin tries to hook a guillotine as Brockett comes in.

>The takedown is successful, Baldwin pulls guard.

>Brockett attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.

>He can't find a way past the guard.

>Baldwin throws out some punches, but Brockett leans back to avoid them.

>In guard, Brockett begins working to pass to side control.

>After a struggle, he gets to half guard.

>We go past the halfway point of this round.

>In half guard, Brockett begins working to get side control.

>He passes to side control.

>Brockett attempts the mount.

>He can't get the mount as Baldwin rolls away to stop it, but does take his back instead.

>Brockett fires away with punches, and Baldwin is taking powerful shot after powerful shot!

>The referee jumps in and saves Baldwin from taking any more shots!

>The winner, by TKO, is Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett!

>Official Result: Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett defeats Henry 'The King' Baldwin (TKO (Strikes) in 4:05 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

>Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Show Stopper' Jack Humphreys will battle Jim Carpenter in the GAMMA Welterweight division.

>We are underway!

>A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.

>Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up grappling.

>Humphreys is trying to push Carpenter so that his back is up against the cage.

>Carpenter ends up backed against the cage.

>Humphreys shows his grappling ability by pinning Carpenter up against the cage and keeps him there for about thirty seconds.

>Humphreys tries to smother him against the cage with wrestling, but can't keep control of Carpenter who is fighting it.

>Humphreys pins Carpenter up against the cage and uses dirty boxing to inflict some damage.

>Humphreys smothers Carpenter against the cage and stomps down on his foot.

>Having been stuck against the cage for a while without any progress, the referee brings them back to the center.

>Humphreys looks to move in and stand in the pocket.

>Humphreys is in the pocket, ready to attack Carpenter.

>A left jab misses, giving Carpenter the chance to hit back with a series of quick punches.

>Carpenter throws a kick to the body but Humphreys dodges it.

>Humphreys is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Carpenter.

>He pulls Carpenter into a grapple.

>Humphreys tries to wrestle Carpenter backward and up against the cage.

>Humphreys pins Carpenter up against the cage and uses dirty boxing to inflict some damage.

>We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.

>Humphreys tries to smother Carpenter against the cage with wrestling, but he reverses it and pushes Humphreys against the cage instead.

>Carpenter tries a foot stomp, but that puts him off balance and allows Humphreys to turn him so that he ends up backed against the cage.

>The time runs out on round one.

>There are some audible boos from the crowd, that wasn't the most exciting round we've ever seen.

>That round goes to Humphreys, 10-9 on my card.

Round 2

>There's the bell and round number two begins!

>Both fighters come in and exchange strikes, but neither does any damage.

>In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.

>Humphreys is looking to muscle Carpenter back against the cage.

>Carpenter gets caught with a knee to the inside of the thigh, twice.

>Carpenter is trapped up against the cage and takes repeated small punches to the body from that position. This goes on for roughly half a minute.

>Humphreys tries to keep him up against the cage with wrestling, but Carpenter reverses so that he is the one in control.

>Humphreys uses his wrestling skills to prevent Carpenter from attacking with dirty boxing.

>With Humphreys stuck against the cage, Carpenter tries to complete a takedown.

>Humphreys doesn't even try to stop the takedown, he simply takes it and pulls guard.

>Humphreys tries to sweep Carpenter but doesn't get anywhere.

>Carpenter lies on top of Humphreys, basically smothering him.

>The clock runs down as Humphreys is being smothered against the ground by Carpenter.

>Carpenter throws a few weak-looking punches as he decides on his next move.

>Humphreys tries to break free and scramble for position, but Carpenter keeps him trapped.

>Carpenter attempts to pass guard.

>Humphreys keeps Carpenter in guard.

>Round two ends as time expires.

>That was a close round, but I'm giving it to Carpenter, 10-9.

Round 3

>Round three begins!

>Humphreys slips out of the way of a body kick.

>Jim Carpenter looks very tired out there.

>Humphreys looks to be trying to close the distance between them.

>The two fighters start grappling for control.

>Jack Humphreys is breathing very hard.

>Using his wrestling skills, Humphreys is trying to push Carpenter up against the cage.

>He does so, and now has Carpenter pinned to the cage.

>Humphreys drives a knee to the thigh area.

>Humphreys smothers Carpenter up against the cage, keeping him stuck there for thirty seconds.

>Humphreys tries to smother Carpenter against the cage with wrestling, but he reverses it and pushes Humphreys against the cage instead.

>Jack Humphreys looks like he is on the verge of exhaustion.

>Carpenter tries to foot stomp Humphreys, but misses.

>Jim Carpenter seems to be fighting against exhaustion.

>With Humphreys stuck against the cage, Carpenter tries to complete a takedown.

>Humphreys tries to hook a guillotine as Carpenter goes for the takedown.

>Humphreys cannot stop the takedown, and has to pull guard.

>Carpenter looks to get past the guard.

>Carpenter gets past, but Humphreys stops him at half guard.

>Carpenter begins trying to get his leg free of the half guard.

>Humphreys doesn't let Carpenter get his leg free, and so half guard remains in place.

>Humphreys bursts into life and tries to scramble into a better position.

>Carpenter is too quick though, and grabs side control before Humphreys can get up.

>Jim Carpenter looks like he is completely out of gas.

>Looking to catch his breath, Carpenter is content to just throw a couple of punches to the body.

>Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.

>I have to give that round to Carpenter, but only a 10-9.

>The judges' scores are now being announced.

>Judge #1 has given 29-28 to Humphreys.

>Judge #2 has given 29-28 to Carpenter.

>Judge #3 gives a score of 29-28 in favour of Carpenter.

>Jim Carpenter wins by split decision!

>Official Result: Jim Carpenter defeats 'The Show Stopper' Jack Humphreys (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Poor.

>Next up, Jeff 'The Rock' Carlton goes up against Tony 'The Spider' McCall in the GAMMA Heavyweight division.

>There's the opening bell!

>McCall avoids a jab and scores with a crisp left hand punch.

>Carlton avoids a body kick.

>Carlton doesn't get drawn in as McCall feints a kick.

>There's a takedown attempt from Carlton.

>McCall tries to avoid Carlton.

>The takedown doesn't work, McCall saw it coming and got out of range.

>Carlton counters a leg kick by grabbing it and attempting a takedown, getting it! McCall gets half guard.

>Carlton begins trying to get his leg free of the half guard.

>He is too good for McCall slipping out of half guard and straight into a mount.

>We are now at the halfway point of the round.

>Carlton tries to ensnare McCall in an armbar.

>McCall rolls with it, using the armbar attempt as a way of getting on top in side control.

>McCall fires away with elbow strikes, but Carlton deals with them fairly well.

>McCall pounds away with elbows from side control, but is unable to land many clean shots on Carlton.

>McCall has solid control over Carlton, and starts pounding away with right hands.

>Carlton had better start defending himself, or this will be over!

>The referee gives Carlton time to do something, but eventually has to come in and stop the fight!

>The winner, by TKO; Tony McCall!

>Official Result: Tony 'The Spider' McCall defeats Jeff 'The Rock' Carlton (TKO (Strikes) in 4:11 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Co-Main Event

>The co-main event is up next. Buddy Garner goes up against Osmosis Benn in the GAMMA Middleweight division.

>Round one begins!

>A jab misses, allowing Garner to counter-strike with a hard leg kick.

>Moving in closer, Benn looks like he may want to wrestle Garner.

>The two fighters start grappling for control.

>Benn is looking to muscle Garner back against the cage.

>Benn manages it, and controls Garner up against the cage.

>Benn shows his grappling ability by pinning Garner up against the cage and keeps him there for well over sixty seconds.

>Smothered against the cage, Garner is stuck there, unable to do anything, for roughly sixty seconds.

>Benn launches a knee strike but Garner is ready, catches the leg, and uses some wrestling to turn it around so that Benn is the one against the cage.

>The referee decides that the grappling against the cage has been going on too long, and he brings them back to the center.

>We have one minute of the round remaining.

>Garner doesn't get drawn in as Benn feints a kick.

>Benn tries for a left jab but Garner moves out of range.

>Benn looks to move in and stand in the pocket.

>Strikes from Garner keep Benn from stepping in too close.

>Round one ends as time expires.

>I have to give that round to Benn, but only a 10-9.

Round 2

>And here we go, round two!

>From what we could hear of his corner, it sounds like Benn has been instructed to wrestle Garner in this round.

>They come together and throw strikes, both miss.

>They wind up in a tight clinch.

>Benn is trying to muscle Garner up against the cage.

>Benn achieves it, pinning Garner to the cage.

>Benn tries to throw an elbow, but Garner takes the opportunity to turn his opponent around so that Benn ends up backed against the cage instead.

>Garner looks for a trip takedown.

>Benn shows stubborn resistance and Garner cannot complete the takedown.

>Benn wrestles free of Garner and backs off to the center.

>Benn uses a right hook to the body, but misses.

>Garner presses in closer to attack.

>There's a takedown attempt from Garner.

>Garner doesn't get the takedown, Benn was equal to it and pulls them into a clinch.

>Using his wrestling skills, Benn is trying to push Garner up against the cage.

>Garner ends up backed against the cage.

>Garner is pressed up against the cage and simply can't break the control that Benn has over him. This goes on for well over a minute.

>There's under a minute left in this round.

>Benn pins Garner up against the cage and works him over with small punches to the body for the remainder of the round.

>The time runs out on round two.

>I think Benn took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

Round 3

>We are back underway!

>They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage.

>Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up grappling.

>Benn tries to wrestle Garner backward and up against the cage.

>Garner ends up backed against the cage.

>Osmosis Benn doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.

>Benn tries to hit Garner with an elbow, but Garner takes the opportunity to switch it around so that he is in control and Benn is the one backed against the cage.

>Garner tries to take Benn down.

>Benn shows stubborn resistance and Garner cannot complete the takedown.

>Benn uses a whizzer to half turn Garner, creating enough space for him to break away from the grapple and return to the center.

>A couple of quick punches are used to set up a takedown attempt from Garner.

>Benn tries to avoid the takedown.

>The takedown is unsuccessful, Benn avoided Garner.

>A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Garner to fire back with a leg kick.

>Osmosis Benn won't want to take too many unchecked strikes to the legs like that.

>Buddy Garner is breathing very hard.

>Benn avoids a quick jab and hits a solid left jab.

>Benn steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.

>Benn sneaks a glance at his corner.

>Not letting Benn settle at all, Garner comes in closer.

>A tired-looking Garner throws a couple of ragged punches to get Benn to cover up, then tries a takedown.

>Garner can't get the takedown, Benn defends it well and pulls them into a clinch.

>Benn is trying to muscle Garner up against the cage.

>He does so, and now has Garner pinned to the cage.

>Buddy Garner seems to be fighting against exhaustion.

>Osmosis Benn seems to be fighting against exhaustion.

>Benn tries to hit Garner with an elbow, but Garner takes the opportunity to switch it around so that he is in control and Benn is the one backed against the cage.

>The time runs out and that round is over, and so is the fight.

>There was very little to separate them in that round, but I'll give that one 10-9 to Benn.

>The official scores are being reported now.

>The judges score the contest as 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28.

>Making Osmosis Benn the winner by unanimous decision!

>Official Result: Osmosis Benn defeats Buddy Garner (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Poor.

Main Event

>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The Reaper' Spencer Rubenstein will take on 'The Big Dog' Linfield Ballard in the GAMMA Light Heavyweight division.

>The GAMMA Light Heavyweight title is on the line.

>GAMMA have been promoting this as a 'guaranteed' Fight Of The Night...let's see if their optimism is well placed.

>And here we go!

>Rubenstein feints an attack, keeping Ballard on his toes.

>Ballard darts in and out of range quickly, trying to get Rubenstein to commit to throwing a strike.

>Ballard counters a left jab by using a hard leg kick.

>Rubenstein avoids a low kick.

>Ballard drops a shoulder, trying to sucker Rubenstein in with a feint.

>Moving in closer, Rubenstein looks like he may want to try and clinch with Ballard.

>Ballard uses his strikes to stop Rubenstein from getting close enough to clinch.

>We are now at the halfway point of the round.

>Rubenstein uses a nice combination as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.

>Rubenstein can't get past the sprawl of Ballard, and finds himself pushed face-down to the ground.

>Ballard pounds away on the body and side of the head, Rubenstein struggles to deal with them.

>Ballard fires away with right hands, and Rubenstein is stung by several big shots to the side of the head.

>Ballard fires away with big right hands, but can't stop Rubenstein getting to his feet.

>Ballard feints left and tries to get Rubenstein to commit to a strike, but gets no joy.

>We're into the final minute of the round.

>Ballard steps back to avoid a tight combination of punches after falling for a clever feint.

>Rubenstein is getting in closer to Ballard, perhaps looking for a clinch.

>Ballard tries to counter Rubenstein with a right hand, but it doesn't hit the target.

>Rubenstein is getting in closer to Ballard, perhaps looking for a clinch.

>Rubenstein can't get close enough to clinch, Ballard makes sure to keep out of range.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round one.

>I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Ballard.

Round 2

>Round two begins!

>From what we could hear of his corner, it sounds like Rubenstein has been instructed to look to finish it in this round.

>Rubenstein feints throwing a jab.

>A wayward right head kick gives Ballard the opportunity to hit a jab.

>Rubenstein tries for a right high kick but Ballard moves out of range.

>Rubenstein looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Ballard.

>To counter, Ballard fires off a right hand which doesn't miss by much.

>Rubenstein looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Ballard.

>Rubenstein moves into the pocket.

>In the pocket, Rubenstein tries to get a knock out with a scorching right cross but Ballard covers up.

>Ballard slips past a tidy combination of punches and then hits a kick to the side of the ribs.

>A powerful straight right goes wide and Ballard is able to counter with a crisp left jab.

>A right cross misses, giving Ballard the perfect angle to counter-strike with a stinging jab.

>Ballard ducks under a huge right hand and returns fire with a sharp kick just above the hip.

>Ballard tries for a body kick but Rubenstein sees it coming and avoids it.

>Not comfortable in the pocket, Rubenstein steps back and creates some space.

>Rubenstein comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.

>Keen to maintain some distance, Ballard uses strikes to keep Rubenstein away.

>A straight left by Ballard keeps Rubenstein from advancing.

>Not letting Ballard settle at all, Rubenstein comes in closer.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round two.

>I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Ballard.

Round 3

>There's the bell and round number three begins!

>Ballard counters a wayward right head kick with a sharp kick to the shin.

>Spencer Rubenstein is going to end up limping if he takes too many more of those strikes.

>A right kick to the legs misses and Rubenstein fires back with a series of quick lefts.

>Ballard side-steps an attempted knock out right and hits a kick to the body.

>Ballard hops around from foot to foot, looking for an opening.

>Rubenstein doesn't let Ballard settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.

>Both fighters come toe-to-toe and strike, but none of the strikes result in significant damage being done.

>Going toe-to-toe, both fighters start exchanging close range strikes!

>Rubenstein hits a right uppercut, Ballard is laid out cold!

>By Knock Out, the winner is Spencer Rubenstein!

>Official Result: 'The Reaper' Spencer Rubenstein defeats 'The Big Dog' Linfield Ballard (Knock Out (Punch) in 2:29 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.

The following fight and fighters were rewarded for their performance on the night, each pocketing $10,000 for their efforts.

Fight Of The Night: Spencer Rubenstein vs Linfield Ballard

Knockout Of The Night: Spencer Rubenstein

Submission Of The Night: N/A

Archived