eBay F-Up

LordJaguar

I'm not sure if it's changed, but a lot of sellers used to do stuff like that because you only used to pay Seller's Fees as a percentage of the money you made on the item itself, not including shipping costs. So they'd list the item with a shipping cost of just under what people would expect to pay for the whole thing, and then when bidding finishes the item as a whole would be about the same price as normal but the seller would only have to pay a percentage of a few dollars rather than a percentage of $50 or so (in the case of video games). Essentially the cost of the item becomes the shipping cost, and the shipping cost becomes the price of the item.

They really should've fixed that by now though, I haven't been on ebay since about 2004 so it's kinda sad if that's still happening. ¬_¬ There's nothing illegal about it, it's just a bit dodgy if people (like you) don't check everything properly, and must cost ebay a ton in lost revenue! Not that Google really need to worry.

<p>In the UK eBay have stricter rules on postage fees. For example, I believe for video games you can't charge more than £3.</p><p> </p><p>

But if you wanna talk about eBay f' ups then I have a good one.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm self employed and work from home, originally selling through an eBay shop. I've never had any problems doing this, no customer complaints, no nothing. Then one day I get an email from them - they've closed my account. Now, I'm feeling a mixture of anger and confusion - why would they do this? The email didn't tell me why, just that my account was closed.</p><p> </p><p>

I quickly got in contact with eBay, and they told me that they believed my details were bogus. Yep, they <strong>believed</strong>. They didn't know. They didn't even ask. I told them that for every single detail I have passed over, I have proof off. I have telephone bills, proof of address, stock invoices, everything. They told me that it wouldn't matter as my account would not be reinstated. eBay basically left me without a way to pay my mortgage or support my family, and they wouldn't even let me defend myself - even if I didn't really know what I was meant to be defending myself about.</p><p> </p><p>

Long story cut short, I was forced to set up on another market place, sales are down as the marketplace is smaller, oh and I have a massive grudge against eBay now.</p><p> </p><p>

Ironically they told me I can still buy with eBay, I just can't sell. Idiots.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RayW" data-cite="RayW" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36961" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the UK eBay have stricter rules on postage fees. For example, I believe for video games you can't charge more than £3.<p> </p><p> But if you wanna talk about eBay f' ups then I have a good one.</p><p> </p><p> I'm self employed and work from home, originally selling through an eBay shop. I've never had any problems doing this, no customer complaints, no nothing. Then one day I get an email from them - they've closed my account. Now, I'm feeling a mixture of anger and confusion - why would they do this? The email didn't tell me why, just that my account was closed.</p><p> </p><p> I quickly got in contact with eBay, and they told me that they believed my details were bogus. Yep, they <strong>believed</strong>. They didn't know. They didn't even ask. I told them that for every single detail I have passed over, I have proof off. I have telephone bills, proof of address, stock invoices, everything. They told me that it wouldn't matter as my account would not be reinstated. eBay basically left me without a way to pay my mortgage or support my family, and they wouldn't even let me defend myself - even if I didn't really know what I was meant to be defending myself about.</p><p> </p><p> Long story cut short, I was forced to set up on another market place, sales are down as the marketplace is smaller, oh and I have a massive grudge against eBay now.</p><p> </p><p> Ironically they told me I can still buy with eBay, I just can't sell. Idiots.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That sux dude.</p>

Archived