ACPW Trip to Ontario

Restarted my ACPW game after figuring out that getting to Cult with the Maritimes as one of my main regions will be either impossible or hair-pulling-out, throwing-my-computer-against-the-wall difficult. Learned a bit last time through, so I hope I can apply it here.

It seems David Avatar managed to get financial backing to buy out Daedelus Buchinsky. Maybe he convinced somebody with a small amount of capital that Buchinsky had a good idea but had no idea how to actually execute it (which, if you have ever tried playing as just the booker for ACPW you find out the hard way).

Product settings are Modern at Key Feature, Lucha Libre at Medium, Mainstream & Daredevil at Low, and Realism at Very Low. Shows are put up on the website for distribution, as we need to attract the widest audience possible with not a lot of means to do so. Shows run the final Sunday of every month.

Will be presenting it through the eyes of David Avatar (referee, booker and owner).

The Roster (this is going to change quite a bit as I figure out who is worth keeping around on this playthrough)

Main:

El Diablo

Jamie Atherton

Jayson Van Pelt

Grimm Quibble (current ACPW Junior Heavyweight Champion)

Upper Midcard:

Sky King (also handles road agent duties)

Mario de Silva

Ant Man (current ACPW Tag Team Champion with Topher Smith)

Dagger

Midcard:

Kamikaze (current ACPW Canadian Regional Champion)

Topher Smith

Alistair Shufflebottom

Dermott Ayres

Lower Midcard:

Acid 2

Chucky Dorrance

Opener:

Simon Ice

<p>It's a new era in ACPW. Buchinsky ran it way to heavy on cost for what the promotion needs at this point. What we need are good, young workers we can afford to develop into the future stars of ACPW. Paying out big for more established stars now only works against us.</p><p> </p><p>

(Basically, I gutted the upper half of the card in favor of cheaper indy workers, then cut the announcers, road agent and the one manager because they cost me an extra 4 or5k per month and I can afford to use the younger guys at my pop.)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">ACPW Winter Winds 2013</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Jamie Atherton came out with a microphone and hyped his match versus Jayson van Pelt and Ant man later on in the show, taking time to add that El Diablo would be facing Grimm Quibble for the ACPW Junior Heavyweight Championship on the show as well. After a few disparaging remarks thrown El Diablo's way, Atherton left the stage. </p><p> </p><p>

Rating: D</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Simon Ice (debut) vs. Topher Smith</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- a few high spots from Topher Smith, Ice tries to work some submissions before joining in the spot-monkeying, no real rhyme or reason to any of it</p><p>

- Smith gets the better of that and hits the Gopher Suicide Dive for the win</p><p>

- oddly enough, Smith was the worker who looked a little lost at times</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: E-</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chucky Dorrance (debut) vs. Alistair Shufflebottom</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- both were setting up their highspots, but Alistair blew a few of his and Chucky is not flashy at all</p><p>

- Alistair wasn't tiring too badly, but the match was slowed in places for him not to be</p><p>

- Chucky wins in 11 minutes with the Chucky's Revenge and Alistair continues to go nowhere (poor guy)</p><p>

- Chucky, true to his reputation, in no way engaged the crowd during the match</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: E</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Acid 2 (debut) vs. Dermott Ayres</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- clash of styles, Dermott doing his aggressive matwork while Acid used his flashy offense</p><p>

- match bogged down a little over halfway through and never made it back to anywhere good, Acid was getting pretty tired</p><p>

- despite that, an Acid Rain Bomb wins the match for Acid 2</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kamikaze vs. Dagger for the ACPW Canadian Regional Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- Dagger looked strong early with his strikes, Kamikaze threw a bunch of highspots at him to even things up, then the cycle repeated itself</p><p>

- Kamikaze finished with his spectacular (and possibly his one saving grace) Reverse 460 Splash</p><p>

- Much like another worker (this one part of some fictional Verse) who finishes with that move, Kamikaze is incredibly inconsistent and it showed here all through the match</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: E+</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mario de Silva vs. Sky King</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- de Silva and Sky King worked some chain wrestling sequences before de Silva started to work Sky King over with submissions, Sky King fought his way out and got some near-falls, followed by a good sequence of near-falls off of roll-ups, de Silva took control again, but Sky King put him away after the momentum swung back to him with the Sky King Splash</p><p>

- best match so far and the crowd is finally coming around</p><p>

- the crowd hasn't really been into anything (all 15 of them) and this one was only slightly better</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: D-</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ant Man vs. Jamie Atherton vs. Jayson van Pelt</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- normal three way match, double teams followed by alliances breaking up, broken up pinfalls and big moves, etc.</p><p>

- good solid match but nothing special, Atherton uses the Lightning Bolt to put away Ant Man </p><p>

- Ant Man was visibly trying too hard at points during the match</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>El Diablo vs. Grimm Quibble for the ACPW Junior Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- good back and forth action with solid flow and some good highspots</p><p>

- best match of the night with the best crowd, El Diablo takes the title from Grimm Quibble with the Diable Driver 2</p><p>

- Quibble was awfully unhappy with me over this, but I had no real intention of keeping him around in the first place, just needed the belt off of him </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall show rating: D-</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

We had a great show for what we're working with. A few guys had good nights, a few guys had bad nights, and it's all good.</p><p> </p><p>

(Not an awful first show for a company that is at F- almost everywhere. Lots of work, but there are a few future bright spots on the roster with some shake-ups to come before next month's show.)</p>

<p>In Other News, Sam Strong retired on Wed. Week 3 of Feb 2013.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

ACPW has undergone a slight change in roster arrangement.</p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Roster </span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Main Event:</strong></p><p>

Jamie Atherton</p><p>

Mario de Silva</p><p>

El Diablo</p><p>

Jayson van Pelt</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Upper Midcard:</strong></p><p>

Dermott Ayres</p><p>

Sky King</p><p>

Topher Smith</p><p>

Ant Man</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Midcard:</strong></p><p>

Kamikaze</p><p>

Simon Ice</p><p>

Chucky Dorrance</p><p>

Alistair Shufflebottom</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Lower Midcard:</strong></p><p>

Acid 2</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Enhancement:</strong></p><p>

The Architect</p>

<p>We had a good reboot last month and have gotten the roster trimmed down nicely.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">ACPW Northern Gale 2013</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

El Diablo started the show on the mic, talking about his match with Jamie Atherton. He continued by throwing a few insults (or trying, as he stumbled over most of them) towards Atherton, then announced Jayson Van Pelt vs. Mario de Silva as well as Sky King vs. Dermott Ayres. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Architect (debut) vs. Chucky Dorrance</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- Chucky got the better of TA early, but the newcomer got the upper hand once it went to the mat</p><p>

- really solid match for an opener</p><p>

- TA won with The Blueprint in just over 6 minutes</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Acid 2 vs. Simon Ice</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- both stuck to their high flying offense, as they seemed very uncomfortable with one another</p><p>

- Acid 2 and Simon Ice were having a terrible time trying to work off of each other, Ice's inconsistency dragged the match down quite a bit</p><p>

- just over 10 minutes in, Acid hit the Acid Rain Bomb for the win</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kamikaze/Alistair Shufflebottom vs. The Gopher & the Ant for the ACPW Tag Team Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- G & A did some decent tag work, even hitting a few double teams</p><p>

- Kamikaze and Shufflebottom were terrible as a team, neither seemed to set the other one up well for wnaything</p><p>

- standard tag match fare, with G & A playing the dominant team because K & AS would have found it impossible</p><p>

- Kamikaze's blown spots hurt the match more than a little</p><p>

- G & A win in 12:43 with the Ant Hill Mob</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mario de Silva vs. Jayson van Pelt</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- Van Pelt was able to hang with de Silva on the mat and use his aerial tactics to spice up the match</p><p>

- van Pelt blew a few spots, de Silva seemed nonchalant at times</p><p>

- match got really bogged down about 12 minutes in and neither wrestler could get the crowd back behind them</p><p>

- van Pelt gets the win in 15:33 with an Axe Kick</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: E+ (really disappointed here, seemed to me these 2 should work well together Jap. Junior vs. Tech.)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sky King vs. Dermott Ayres</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- Ayres really went after Sky King on the mat, but Sky King's got the speed and experience to deal with any of these young punks on the roster</p><p>

- SK and Ayres had trouble getting more than a few spots to work</p><p>

- SK hits the SK Splash 14 minutes in for the pinfall</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: E </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>El Diablo vs. Jamie Atherton for the ACPW Junior Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- good back and forth action, but a few blown spots by both took away from the match, El Diablo being a bit clumsier</p><p>

- El Diablo escaped the Lightning Bolt just after 16 minutes and finished Atherton off with a Diablo Driver 2 at the 16:35 mark</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall show rating: D-</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Threw some things at the wall and not much stuck. Will have to remember what didn't work and avoid it in the future. That didn't kill the show, though, and that is why it's a good time to experiment.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>(Defnitely a worse show than the last, but The Architect's debut was promising and I found a few things that I need to stay away from. Will run a few months without reports because for the most part there isn't gonna be much variance in the lower card stuff and I will end up hitting a few decent matches (on good cards) towards the end.)</em></p>

<p>This is all OOC as the shows are still very similar, lots of bad chem/poor tag chem as I try to find any kind of good matchups on the lower card.</p><p> </p><p>

Not going badly, up to 35 showed up for my last show. Jamie Atherton got signed away by CGC, but no biggie as he had bad chem with at least one other main eventer and was probably my most expensive ME. Disturbed was a much cheaper replacement. Mario de Silva has never failed to underwhelm me in my ACPW attempts and he got replaced pretty quickly by Ray Snow. Running 2 wrestlers heavy with Austin Smooth and Hijo del Americano now. Jayson van Pelt is on pretty thin ice, but he matches up well with Diablo so it's hard to get rid of him until I have better (and more expensive) talent.</p>

(Well, we're at March 2014, just hit Small and with some minor product modifications have a nice upgrade in cashflow. The roster is massively different, but I'm done doing roster updates as roster updates. You'll find out who is on the roster on the shows to save a bit of space.)

What a year we had, went from 15 fans showing up at our first show in 2013 to 80 in february of 2014! Match quality has come up some, with more than a few inconsistencies. We're seeing a lot of new sponsors approach us, as well as some better wrestlers willing to come show their skills to our fans. Things are looking up, but our competitors are going to be stepping up their game when they see us coming.

ACPW Grudging Mistral 2014 (March)

El Diablo came out and announced he would be tagging with a mystery partner tonight against Jayson van Pelt and Disturbed. He hinted that his mystery partner was somebody the fans would recognise and would cause problems for their opponents. Diablo then stated that if van Pelt and Disturbed won, van Pelt would get a shot at the ACPW Junior Heavyweight Championship. Diablo seemed a bit unsure of himself through all of this. He went on to announce that the fans would see several other new faces tonight.

High Flyin' Hawaiian(debut)/Hijo Del Aguila Americano vs. Simon ice/Austin Smooth

- both teams were about average on working together as tag teams go

- Ice was solid, it was Hawaiian and Americano blowing a few spots that was noticable

- solid tag match, with Hawaiian and Americano taking the lead and picking on Simon Ice until the big hot tag to Austin Smooth

- Smooth puts the match away with the Smooth Hold, forcing Americano to submit

Rating: D-

The American Flash (debut) vs. Chucky Dorrance

- American Flash blew a few spots, but nothing too bad

- Chucky had the better of the match, using his size advantage to set the quicker Flash up for his high risk offense

- Flash had a few good near-falls, but Dorrance got the pinfall after the Chucky's Revenge

Rating: E+

Tigre Salvaje Jr. vs. Zak Attack

- really good work during this match, both were pretty consistent, Salvaje blew a spot or 2 but nothing big

- lots of fast-paced, back and forth near-falls

- Zak wins with the Z-Bomb in 9:02

Rating: D

Extraordinario Jr. vs. Alistair Shufflebottom

- another good, solid match, but the crowd wasn't behind either wrestler again

- Alistair was looking a bit tired towards the end, but that's the only negative comment to be made about the in-ring work

- at about 12:30, Extraordinario got the pinfall with the Siempre Peleando

Acid 2/Ray Snow © vs. Dermott Ayres/Kamikaze for the ACPW Tag Team Championship

- Acid 2 and Ray Snow work terrible as a team, anyone could see it. Positive thinking has it's place in booking, but when dealing with belts it's probably best not to hope so much.

- Kamikaze did not look as lost as he does on his bad nights, and only blew a few spots

- the champs played the team in peril, due to their complete lack of ability to work together

- even the hot tag looked a bit off, but this is only defense number 1 and I can't see getting the belts off of them soon

- Acid 2 gets the win in what ends up being a much better match than it has any right to be

Rating: D-

Sky King vs. The Architect

- another good, solid match, this one with a bit more crowd reaction

- standard technician vs. high flier fare, with Sky King holding his own with The Architect on the mat for stretches

- The Architect looked strong at the 11 minute mark, but Sky king turned it around and hit a Sky King Splash for the win at 12:41

Disturbed/Jayson van Pelt vs. El Diablo/Antonio del Veccio(debut)

- good growd, good match, very solid main event

- everyone was firing on all cylinders, with del veccio looking really energetic

- standard tag match, some good dives from all four

- Disturbed put del Veccio away at 17:14 with the Flying Double Stomp

Rating: D+

Overall rating: D+

Best show so far by a long way! We drew 167 fans tonight! Everybody put on good performances, even guys like Simon Ice and Kamikaze who have really off nights. The four new faces all did great, we made $8,000, I couldn't have seen this happening a year ago. The futuure is looking reall bright for ACPW!

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">ACPW Spring Tempest 2014 (April)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Acid 2 came out and talked about his tag match, teaming with Sky King vs. Antonio del Veccio and Kamikaze. He went on to talk about the night's </p><p> </p><p>

main event match, El Diablo vs. Jayson van Pelt for the ACPW Junior Heavyweight Championship.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Simon Ice vs. the American Flash</strong></p><p>

- Simon ice was back to his usual self tonight, blowing a few spots here and there, but nothing awful</p><p>

- pretty poor opener, but nothing godawful, American Flash wins with the High Velocity Senton</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chucky Dorrance vs. High Flyin' Hawaiian </strong></p><p>

- Hawaiian has a long way to go before he catches up to most of the rest of the roster (Ice and Kamikaze not included)</p><p>

- that being said, the crowd likes him and he connects with them</p><p>

- Dorrance wins in 6</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alistair Shufflebottom/Austin Smooth vs. The Architect/Extraordinario Jr.</strong></p><p>

- no heat, but the previous 2 matches dodn't really help with that</p><p>

- both teams performed well, Alistair blew a spot or 2 but nothing really noticable</p><p>

- Alistair gets the pinfall over Extraordinario with the Shuffle the Deck at just over 12 minutes</p><p> </p><p>

Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ray Snow © vs. Zak Attack for the ACPW Canadian Regional Championship</strong></p><p>

- crowd was more alive for this one, but the in-ring action came down just a notch</p><p>

- Zak Attack seemed a little tired later in the match</p><p>

- decent action all the way through, Ray Snow wins with the Spinning Backfist at 11:15, defending the belt for the second time</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hijo Del Aguila Americano vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr.</strong></p><p>

- Tigre Salvaje blew a few spots, otherwise the match was competitive and very solid</p><p>

- no heat for this one, these are 2 fairly new faces and the crowds need time to warm up to them</p><p>

- Aguila Americano wins in 8:36 with the Americana Superplex</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Acid 2/Sky King vs. Antonio del Veccio/Kamikaze</strong></p><p>

- Acid 2 may be a predominantly singles wrestler, he struggles to find timing with more than a few partners</p><p>

- good enough in-ring action and a good crowd, Acid blew a few spots but not enough to call it an off night</p><p>

- del Veccio wins in 15:59 with the Italian DDT</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Disturbed vs. Dermott Ayres</strong></p><p>

- continuing the theme of the night, the in-ring action was below par, but good enough</p><p>

- Disturbed got a bit tired, during a 13 minute, non-all out match</p><p>

- around 13:30, Disturbed put Dermott away with the Flying Double Stomp</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>El Diablo vs. Jayson van Pelt for the ACPW Junior Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p>

- both guys were off, but El Diablo was noticably so, blowing more than a few spots</p><p>

- despite that, the crowd got behind the match more than any other on the card</p><p>

- a Diablo Driver 2 just after 17 finished off defense number 5 for Diablo</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall Rating: D</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

This was a show of disappointment and relief rolled into one. With the exception of two matches, the wrestlers involved seemed to not have their best performances. Somehow, it didn't spell disaster on all but the second match of the show. And miraculously the main event still worked despite everything working against it. I guess as bad shows go, that one is definitely acceptable, although not something I care to see repeated a lot.</p>

<p>I seriously don't think Simon Ice can spell consistency either. My personal opinion is that the o, e, y, and s in such close proximity confuse him. Regardless, I like the idea of a semi-consistent Simon ice with decent psychology (which this playthrough gives me a shot at). A few things I have found that work with him. Keep him low on the card, shorter matches are far better until his psych comes up. Do NOT give him the go all out note. This just gives him license to be more inconsistent than usual. Also, workers like him (I include Kamikaze and starter Alistair Shufflebottom in that group) seem to do better in tag matches. Can't say why, just on average they come out better that way.Oddly enough, all three above mentioned workers are either pretty good or very good in their potential psych this time through. May have myself a pretty decent midcard based on the sheer amount of those I am seeing.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I think I see some of the reasoning behind a lot of the workers on the ACPW roster I didn't like. Now whether that reasoning was part of an attempt to handicap ACPW and make them an incredibly difficult promotion to play is something I'm not sure of.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">ACPW Warm Zephyr 2014 (May)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

El Diablo came out and hyped his match vs. Kamikaze later tonight. He stumbled over a lot of it, then announced that Acid 2 and Jayson van Pelt would be facing Disturbed and Antonio del Veccio.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Extraordinario Jr./High Flyin' Hawaiian vs. Simon ice/Chucky Dorrance</strong></p><p>

- Ice and Extraordinario both blew a few spots, Ice and Hawaiian looked pretty lost a few times</p><p>

- despite these small things, the match was probably the best opener we've had so far, Extraordinario wins in 6</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tigre Salvaje Jr. vs. Austin Smooth</strong></p><p>

- solid match again, the crowd was still warming up so not much heat</p><p>

- Tigre was a little off on a few spots, not anything bad though</p><p>

- Salvaje Suplex put it away for Tigre at 8:50</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ray Snow vs. the Architect</strong></p><p>

- Architect was spot on, but Snow was all over the place</p><p>

- not a terrible match despite that, the Architect wins by submission around 10 minutes</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dermott Ayres vs. Sky King</strong></p><p>

- these two are not good together at all, lots of miscommunication</p><p>

- Dermott blew a couple spots, Sky King looked very unmotivated</p><p>

- Montreal Crab wins it for Dermott at 12:57</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hijo Del Aguila Americana/Zak Attack vs. Alistair Shufflebottom/The American Flash</strong></p><p>

- in what seems like a running bad joke on me, Hijo and Zak Attack work terribly together</p><p>

- Alistair blew a few spots, but nothing that really mattered, crowd still hasn't gotten into the show</p><p>

- another really solid tag match despite bad teamwork by one team, Alistair takes it with the Shuffle the deck at 12:24</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>El Diablo vs. Kamikaze</strong></p><p>

- first good crowd of the night here</p><p>

- Kamikaze looked lost a few times and blew a significant amount of spots, but somehow the match came out really well anyway</p><p>

- Diablo wins just after 13 moniutes with the Diablo Driver 2</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Antonio del Veccio/Disturbed vs. Acid 2/Jayson van Pelt</strong></p><p>

- del Veccio, surprisingly, was the one blowing a few spots in this match</p><p>

- very good work by all four, another solid main event effort</p><p>

- JvP wins with the Axe Kick, pinning Disturbed at 15:50</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall Rating: D+</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mostly positive show. Lots of good performances with a few really off nights thrown in. Ray Snow's off night was an oddity, he is usually a pretty solid worker.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Going to run some shows before posting again. They are getting pretty repetitive here. Bad singles matches with certain guys, no tag chemistry no matter what combinations I use and a D or D+ main to save the show seems to be the pattern.</em></p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>A bit of OOC here</p><p> </p><p>

Alright, so I took a bit of a hiatus from reporting on shows for a few reasons. For one, I didn't have announcers. Secondly, I really wanted to take some time and read a few different styles of these diaries to get a feel for them before I decided on my own style of doing it. Also, giving the workers time to develop seemed like a good idea. Many of them were very raw and still need work, but can't wait forever. </p><p> </p><p>

Game world stuff:</p><p>

For a few years GCG, PGHW, WLW and SoTBPW were the only national promotions in the world. TCW and USPW have just gotten back to that status after several years at Cult. WLW fell just before that, seems like this is a good game to be a little guy working my way up. ACPW is the #3 promotion in Canada as of now, still need to get to Cult to protect my wrestlers.</p>

<p>December 2017</p><p> </p><p>

It's been a few years since I posted one of these, but there was a lot of work to do and I had decided that I didn't like the way I was doing them. ACPW have come a long way since then. 4C is looking up at us now, and we are almost in striking distance of NoTBPW and CGC. Things are definitely not where they need to be in ACPW, but we are well on our way. A few of our more skilled wrestlers have been bought by larger promotions. There are lots of wrestlers out there though, and ACPW must go on. In outstanding news, the company is approaching 20 times the amount of capital that was available in 2013. It's hard to believe we have come this far, but we still have a long, difficult way to go.</p><p> </p><p>

From now on, I've decided to allow the people who I pay to represent ACPW (the announcers and wrestlers) to present it to you, the fans. As a wrestling fan myself, I feel that is the best way to go. Tom Gibson and Catherine Quine have done an outstanding job so far as the announce team. Young Tom is learning a lot from the seasoned veteran Catherine. Cat gets a lot of respect for her 14 years in the business from the boys and we are lucky to have her. Ed Monton has been a great presence in the company as well. Those two, along with veterans Cal Sanders and Donnie J, have brought a lot of experience to ACPW. They have taken a lot of the load off of Sky King, who really provided a lot of leadership in the first three years. He still does and is the backbone of ACPW. I'll throw occasional entries in, but it's time for me to step aside and let the real stars of the show do their thing.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Prediction Card:</strong></p><p>

El Diablo/American Elemental 2 vs. Simon ice/Reilly Patton</p><p>

Trix Triumph vs. Hijo Del Aguila Americana</p><p>

Kamikaze vs. Storm Spillane</p><p>

Alistair Shufflebottom/Deever Arnold vs. The Architect/The Assassin</p><p>

Donnie J vs. Sky King</p><p>

van Pelt & the Flash (Jayson van Pelt/the American Flash) vs. Austin Smooth/Chucky Dorrance</p><p>

Cal Sanders/Disturbed © vs. Acid 2/The Great Fernandes for the ACPW Canadian Tag Team Titles</p><p>

The Enforcers (Frankie Perez/Ray Snow) vs. Ayres Attack (Dermott Ayres/Zak Attack)</p>

<p><em>The video begins with the ACPW logo on screen long enough for even a slow internet connection to load.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom Gibson: Hello everyone and welcome to the webcast of ACPW Whiteout 2017! If you've been following us, you know that it's time for Catherine Quine, my broadcast partner, to give us a rundown of what we should be seeing tonight.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The camera pans off of Gibson at the announce table over to the entrance to the ring from backstage. Catherine Quine's theme music from her wrestling days plays, which gets a buzz going through the crowd . Catherine comes out in a grey pantsuit, her long hair flowing down over her shoulders in a natural way. She smiles as she comes out, waving as she begins to speak.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine Quine: Good evening Waterloo University, welcome to ACPW Whiteout 2017. I would like to thank all of you for making our first time in this building a successful one. The guys are very excited to come out here and put on a great show for you, the biggest crowd in ACPW history. Your support means a lot to all of us here at ACPW. From everyone here, I'd like to thank all of you and ask you to give yourselves a round of applause.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The crowd claps appreciatively as Catherine pauses. When the applause dies down she continues.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: You are all in for a treat tonight, the main event of the evening is The Enforcers vs. Ayres Attack (good pop from the crowd at this). These two teams have been going back and forth for a while. It's going to be interesting to see how the next chapter of their rivalry goes. Cal Sanders and Disturbed will defend their Canadian Tag Team titles for the second time against Acid 2 and the Great Fernandes.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The crowd pops again at the mention of the tag champs and their opponents. </em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: In a battle of the two most experienced veterans in ACPW, Sky King will be taking on Donnie J (another pop from the crowd). Sky King has been on a tear recently, can he keep it up against the always dangerous Donnie J? And one of our newer wrestlers, The Assassin (decent pop) will be teaming with The Architect (decent pop) against Alistair Shufflebottom (decent pop) and Deever Arnold (scattered cheers). Whoever this masked man is, he seems to be tearing his way through ACPW over the last 3 shows. And for our opening match, El Diablo (good pop) and American Elemental 2 (decent pop) will be taking on Simon Ice and Reilly Patton (some cheers). Before we start, I have to stress again how much we here at ACPW are thankful for all of you being here. Without you, we couldn't be able to do the this.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Catherine hands he mic to a man in a headset from backstage (who looks a lot like Ed Monton) before heading to ringside to join Tom at the announce table.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: C+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">American Elemental 2/El Diablo vs. Simon Ice/Reilly Patton</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>American Elemental 2 and El Diablo make their way to the ring as El Diablo's driving rock theme song plays over the loudspeakers. The crowd pops big for Diablo and he responds by slapping a few hands on the way to the ring. American Elemental 2 is a little more subdued, but he slaps those hands that are offered him.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Should be a fun evening of wrestling, Catherine. We are in the Waterloo University Arena in front of over 3,000 wrestling fans! American Elemental may be very young, but he is an incredibly skilled wrestler for his age.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Yes he is Tom, he was trained by the legendary American Elemental himself and it shows. He is a good technician and high flier, but he doesn't seem to make a lot of the mistakes that a lot of young wrestlers make in the ring.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: He must have something going for him to be teamed with a guy like El Diablo. Diablo was the first ACPW Junior Heavyweight Champion and has been one of the big names in ACPW since.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: El Diablo is an incredible wrestler. He may not have always had the technical skill that Elemental does now when he was younger, but that has come over time. He is a dangerous wrestler on the mat now as well as a spectacular high flier. He is easily one of the most recognizable faces in ACPW.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Simon Ice and Reilly Patton come out to the ring with more generic rock music blaring, neither getting any real response from the crowd. Simon is his usual stone cold self while Reilly (carrying a hockey stick) is more animated. A few fans reach out to slap hands with Reilly.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: The crowd has never really gotten behind Simon ice during his five years here. It might have something to do with his Dr. Jekkyl/Mr. Hyde- style wrestling. One night he can be a very sharp wrestler, taking advantage of mistakes by his opponents with either his high flying or his good mat technique. The next time you see him, he will be giving openings to his opponents that even some of these fans could exploit. The fact that the second happens far more often than the first probably has a lot to do with it. If he can ever really tighten up his focus in the ring, he could be something really special.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: I've always thought he spent too much time trying to maintain his "cool" in the ring, which the fans do seem to like, but it takes away from his ability to win matches.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: That is very true, Tom.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Reilly Patton is a relative newcomer to ACPW. He has shown us a good amount of skill for an 18 year old and I think the fans are starting to warm up to him.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: I agree with that, Tom. Reilly may have taken more than a few losses in his time here, but he also seems to be learning from them, unlike his partner tonight. I don't undrestand the need for the hockey stick though. I would just like to remind all of our fans that ACPW tag matches are lucha libre style rules, so once somebody goes out of the ring, his partner can become the legal man.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>American Elemental 2 and Simon Ice start off the match. They do some quick chain wrestling counter sequences ending with both springing to their feet to the light applause of the crowd. Simon looks like he may be able to take advantage of Am El 2 on the mat, but a few quick roll-ups for 2 end that hope. Elemental tags out to Diablo and they cut off the ring and double team Simon, getting a few more near-falls. Simon finally manages to tag out to Reilly Patton, who makes a decent showing against Diablo before falling victim to a slingshot legdrop. Diablo then hit a sliding dropkick to send Reilly out to the floor and followed with a big tope that sent Reilly back-first into the guard rail. Diablo, after taking some time to recover, hit a lariat at the guard rail, putting Reilly into the crowd. During this time, American Elemental 2 had been dismantling Simon Ice in the ring, finally hitting a big German suplex for a very close near-fall. Simon was unable to do much as Elemental pulled him to his feet and hit the American Earth Breaker (crossarm sitout powerbomb) for the win.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: What a great way to open the show! That tope by El Diablo was certainly highlight-reel-worthy! Elemental impressed as well, he's got a great future, Catherine.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: I tend to agree, but I've seen promising wrestlers do a 180 before, Tom. Speaking of promising wrestlers, Reilly really did well for a bit against the combined efforts of Diablo and Elemental. Hopefully both Elemental and Reilly can stay on track because both have a lot of potential.</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Trix Triumph vs. Hijo Del Aguila Americana</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Trix Triumph comes out to western-sounding generic music, wearing a cowboy hat and a six shooter. The crowd is pretty silent, except for a few cheers and some derogatory remarks about his hat. Trix aims his six shooter at Catherine when he gets to the ring and winks as he 'shoots".</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Up next, Hijo Del Aguila Americana takes on Trix Triumph. On paper, this one is pretty lopsided, Catherine.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: That's true, Tom, especially given Trix's arrogance in comparison to the amount of success he's had in ACPW. Also, he might want to pay less attention to the announcer's table during his matches.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Ditching the ridiculous hat might also help.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Some generic rock/salsa combo music blares as Hijo Del Aguila Americana comes out to a good amount of cheers from the crowd. He happily slaps hands with the crowd on his way to the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Hijo Del Aguila Americana has been a tag champion in ACPW and has come within several big near-falls of being Canadian regional Champion. The fans have a lot of respect for his skill both on the mat and through the air.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: He is also a second generation wrestler, heir to a legacy that will be difficult to live up to. He seems to hold up well under that kind of pressure though.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: That's very true, Tom. You're becoming a real wrestling historian.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trix, surprisingly, takes control right away after some rope-running. He hits a few right hands before sending Hijo into the corner for a lariat. A few more right hands as Hijo staggers out of the corner, followed by a whip to the ropes. Hijo ducks a big boot attempt, but runs into a drop toe hold on the return trip. Trix tries to grind Hijo down on the mat, but he is nowhere near as good as the American luchador on the mat. Hijo counters a surfboard by getting to his feet and turning it around on Trix. From the surfboard, Hijo releases an arm and sends Trix off the ropes into a side slam, hits a springboard cross body for a close near- fall, then nails a stiff backbreaker before hitting the ropes and landing a running senton. Hijo signals that it's time to end the match, sets Trix up top and hits a HUGE Americana Superplex, rolling with the momentum smoothly into a pinning predicament for the win.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: That superplex is nasty. I've taken quite a few in my time, but I'm glad I never took Hijo Del Aguila Americana's.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: I can only imagine what Trix must be feeling after that. Hijo Del Aguila Americana with a convincing win here tonight.</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: D-</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Storm Spillane vs. Kamikaze</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Storm Spillane comes out to more generic rock music, very focused and not paying attention to the fact that the crowd isn't cheering very much.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Now here is another young up-and-comer in ACPW, Storm Spillane.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: I really like his intensity and his focus. He comes to the ring ready to go every time.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Kamikaze comes out to his speed metal theme, excitable as ever. the crowd reacts, but not too strongly, as Kamikaze starts energetically slapping hands as he makes his way to the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Here comes Kamikaze. Wonder if he will try to kill himself tonight or not.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Kamikaze is a favorite of mine. That fnisher of his is ridiculous with all the spinning and flipping! And the energy he brings is great!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: I agree, he is a very spectacular high flier, and that reverse 450 is an amazing move. Kamikaze takes too many risks though. Those high-risk moves will get you so far, but you need more. Not many pure high fliers make it past where Kamikaze is. If he were wrestling a guy like El Diablo, Kamikaze would be at a huge disadvantage. Diablo would pick him apart with ease. If Kamikaze can develop the ground game, maybe add a little striking to his arsenal he'll be a very dangerous wrestler though.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: You can be such a killjoy Cat (jokingly). I just love watching this guy regardless of all that.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Kamikaze, true to his name, charges at the bell and runs straight into a drop toe hold. Storm tries to work a leg, but Kamikaze gets to the ropes a few times before avoiding a low dropkick altogether and almost falling off the second rope before recovering his balance and hitting a elbow drop to a (very long now) prone Spillane. Kamikaze bounces off the ropes and slides under a lariat, then hits a dropkicksault to put Spillane down. Kamikaze runs up the turnbuckles, nearly slips doing so, then hits a split-legged moonsault for a two. A slam by Kamikaze is followed by a slingshot double footstomp. Storm rolls to the floor and Kamikaze follows him out with a springboard shooting star press, nearly beheading himself on the guard rail on his way down. Both are down for a while after this spectacular dive. Storm reverses an attempt to throw him into the guard rail, then hits a springboard lariat off the guard rail as Kamikaze gets to his feet. Spillane rolls Kamikaze into the ring and hooks Kamikaze for a vertical suplex, but Kamikaze lands behind him and rolls him up (which takes far too long) for a close near-fall. Kamikaze is sent into the ropes, but hits a spectacular 360 degree sideways kick to the face. He positions Storm near the corner clumsily, then hops up to the top and hits his Reverse 450 finisher for the win.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: See, there were so many highlight-reel moves there it is ridiculous! You have to love this guy!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Those shooting star presses to the floor are hard to watch. He's going to hurt himself doing that kind of thing.</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: E+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p>

<p>The Architect/The Assassin vs. Alistair Shufflebottm/Deever Arnold</p><p> </p><p> <em>The Assassin and The Architect make their way to the ring as The Architect's more sophisticated rock music blares. Both seem to be getting a reaction from the fans, but only the Architect notices and acknowledges it.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: The Architect has really done well in ACPW. He is a great technician, completely at home on the mat. This is a guy who can trade holds with anyone in ACPW.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: That's right, Catherine, he has a definite lack of any kind of style or flash though. He is great on the mat, but I just wish he used some more dives or something more.... highlight-reel worthy!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: His quick counter wrestling on the mat is something special, Tom. The ACPW fans must see that too, or he wouldn't get the reaction he does. His partner is the mysterious Assassin. This masked man is a recent arrival, but he seems very experienced in the ring. I wouldn't be surprised if he could outmaneuver The Architect on the mat. He is a capable striker and a very good high flier also.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Not to mention that his mask rocks. I agree with you, though, Catherine. The Assassin is definitely one of the more well-rounded wrestlers in ACPW. He can do it all and make everything he does look good.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Alistair Shufflebottom and Deever Arnold make their way to the ring, Alistair's offbeat rock theme playing. The crowd cheers some for both and Alistair gladly slaps hands and high fives a few fans.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Alistair is pretty popular with the ACPW fans despite not really having any big wins and being on the wrong end of more than a few beatdowns.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Yeah, he is the lovable loser of ACPW. He is a very capable wrestler, very quick with good technique and some nice high flying moves. Add to that his ability to take lots of punishment and still stay in a match and you should have a very potent package. To me, he needs to be more aggressive, show a little more fire in the ring if he wants to get past being that lovable loser.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: And his tag team partner tonight, Deever Arnold, is almost a complete opposite. He is big for a lightweight, still very quick and extremely aggressive.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Yes Tom, Deever definitely has the tools to be something great. His attitude and inexperience seem to get in his way. His suplexes and striking are good for a wrestler so young. His Cannonball Senton finisher-</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Highlight. Reel. All that needs to be said.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: True enough, but he has had a string of losses recently due to his arrogance and mistakes made at the wrong time. That isn't to say that Deever will never be a great wrestler, he just needs time to learn.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Architect and Alistair start the match off with some rope-running, Architect finally slowing Alistair down with a knee to the midsection followed by a snapmare into a chinlock. Alistair gets to his feet and sends The Architect off the ropes, only to be taken off his feet with a shoulder block. The Architect tries wearing Alistair down with holds, but Alistair holds his own on the mat with a few counter-holds and finally a rollup for a two. Architect sends Alistair back into the corner and tags the Assassin. Assassin works Alistair over with bruising right hands and vicious chops before hitting a lariat. Assassin sends Alistair off the ropes and catches him with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex for two. Alistair hits a drop toe hold on a charging Assassin and follows with a sliding dropkick before tagging out to Deever. Deever quickly starts stomping away at Assassin before pulling him to his feet and hitting a few big chops. Deever hits and explosive snap suplex then stops to taunt Assassin. Assassin gets a surge of energy not long after, ducking a lariat and continuing off the ropes into a high cross body for two. Assassin makes the most of his momentum, keeping Deever off-balance with some high energy rope-running. Architect and Alistair double team Deever, cutting off the ring. A dropkick by Assassin sends Deever to the floor, and Assassin follows with a plancha, both men hitting the guard rail hard! Alistair and Architect enter the ring, Alistair taking the Architect over with a frankensteiner that sends him rolling to the floor near where Assassin and Deever are. Alistair jumps over the ropes to the apron and springboards into a moonsault off the second rope, hitting all 3! After a short pause for recovery, Alistair rolls Architect into the ring and follows him in with a springboard rana for a close near-fall.Alistair hits the ropes, but the Architect counters with a powerslam, ransitioning off the kickout into a Blueprint (arm triangle). Alistair looks ready to tap before Deever breaks the hold up and hits a front slam, setting Architect up near the corner. Deever hops up to the top and hits the Cannonball Senton on Architect, but Assassin just gets there in time to save his partner! Assassin hits a brutal T-bone suplex for a close near-fall while Architect sends Alistair into the corner. Deever makes a comeback attempt by bouncing off the ropes with a flying forearm, but Assassin avoids it and waits for Deever to stand. The Kill (superkick)!! Assassin gets the three, Alistair coming up just short in his save attempt after fighting off Architect.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Now we're heating up, Cat! That's the kind of match that ACPW is all about! Good competition, lots of excitement, big moves!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Also Tom, despite being the underdogs, Alistair and Deever had a few good opportunities to win that just didn't go their way. Alistair was pretty impressive tonight. That moonsault he did must have made you pretty happy.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Are you kidding?? That was definite highlight-reel material!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Despite not winning, I think Alistair gained some respect tonight.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: That's one thing about ACPW fans. Win or lose, if you show them something in that ring, they show you the respect you deserve.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: As a former wrestler, I can tell you that is exactly the kind of crowd wrestlers LOVE being in front of.</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Donnie J vs. Sky King</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Donnie J comes out to a great crowd reaction while more generic rock music blares. He is engaging and generous with the time he gives the fans.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Now here is a real professional, Cat. Donnie J has been wowing crowds with his high flying offense for years, 22 of them to be exact.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Don't forget that Donnie J is a great all-rounder, Tom. He can do just about everything in a wrestling ring even if high high flying is his strongest suit. He has lasted a long time, and if high flying was all he had that would definitely not be the case.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Sky King comes out to his longtime "royal" sounding theme music. The crowd is excited to see him and he slaps more than a few hands on his way to the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Sky King has been with ACPW for a long time. These fans really appreciate the amount of time and effort he has put into his craft. Sky King is in the same mold as Donnie J, if just a little less spectacular in his high flying.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: I'd say Donnie is also the better striker of the two. Sky King is considered by many, along with El Diablo and Jayson van Pelt, to be one of the recognizable faces of ACPW. Sky King is another good all-around wrestler who always gives the fans something worth watching.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: I can't disagree with that at all. This ought to be a great matchup as the two respected veterans square off.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The two wrestlers do some quick chain wrestling sequences, rope-running, then more chain wrestling to start the match. Neither seems to get any real advantage and they do another chain wrestling sequence, both kipping up at the end to applause. Donnie hits the ropes back-first after a Sky King dropkick, using the momentum to bounce off and hop over a prone Sky King. Sky King catches Donnie with a monkey flip on the rebound, following with an elbow drop ,follows by bouncing off the ropes for a running splash for a barely two count. Sky King with a nice vertical suplex, follows with a senton then sends Donnie off the ropes into an abdominal stretch. Donnie counters into an abdominal stretch of his own, follows up quickly with a legdrop, then bounces off the ropes and hits a running senton. Donnie uses a surfboard to a seated Sky King in an attempt to wear his opponent down, but Sky King gets to his feet. Donnie really cranks it on, even putting his head in Sky King's back to drive him back down. Sky King struggles to his feet again and hits a backwards dropkick out of the submission hold that sends Donnie into the corner. Sky King hits a series of back chops in the corner before sending Donnie across to the other corner, but getting reversed. Donnie stomps away before hitting a few chops of his own. The two go back and forth, evenly matched for some time, until Donnie lariats Sky king over the top rope to the floor. Donnie bounces off the ropes and hits a MASSIVE tope con hilo, crushing Sky King! Donnie slowly gets to his feet and drags Sky King up, sending him into the railing. He tries it again, but Sky King reverses and sends Donnie into the steel instead. Sky King drapes Donnie over the steel with a reverse suplex, then rolls him back into the ring. A missile dropkick by Sky King follows for a two and a half. Donnie goes over the top on a slam attempt by Sky King and hits a nice backdrop suplex for just over two. Donnie slams Sky king down then goes up top and hits a moonsault for two and a half! Donnie tries a vertical suplex, but Sky King rolls him up in an inside cradle for another two and a half! The two men exchange near-falls for a few minutes, then go into a rollup-countering-rollup sequence that really gets the crowd going. Sky King hits a rope hanging reverse suplex, dropkicks Donnie to the floor as he falls to the apron, then follows with a plancha! Sky King quickly gets back into the ring, waits for Donnie to start stading and hits him with a baseball slide dropkick before rolling him back into the ring. Sky King then sends Donnie into the ropes, but the CZCW veteran catches Sky king with a rana for a very close near-fall! Donnie follows with some right hands, a chop and a side-style belly-to-belly suplex that leaves Sky King in perfect position for the Death on Miami Beach (big top rope senton). Sky King manages to trip Donnie up as he gets ready to jump, leaving Donnie seated on the top. Sky King climbs up, lands a few right hands and hooks Donnie for a superplex. Donnie fights back, but Sky King gets the superplex, leaving both on the mat for an 8 count. Sky King rolls over to pin Donnie for a CLOSE near-fall! Sky King puts Donnie down with a front slam and ascends the top turnbuckle. Sky King Splash (frog splash)!! That is enough for Sky King to get the 1,2,3!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: What a great wrestling match, Tom! Neither competitor had a clear advantage for very long, and both hit some very nice high flying moves. Good suplexes and lots of quick counter wrestling, too, that was the match of the night so far.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: I have to agree, we said a lot of good things about both before the match and they lived up to it for sure. They may not have given me a lot for the Highlight Reel, but it was the best match of the night when you put all of it together.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Yes they did, Tom. The fans really appreciated the efforts by both wrestlers, too. Both got high fives from some of the fans on their way to the back.</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: C</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">van Pelt & the Flash vs. Austin Smooth/Chucky Dorrance</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Jayson van Pelt and the American Flash make their way to the ring to JvP's gritty theme music. The fans are happy to see both, but it is clear that van Pelt is the favorite. Both are slapping hands with the crowd as they enter.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Van Pelt is one of the favorites of ACPW fans, he has been here a long time and is a very skilled wrestler. He's a very good high flier who can wrestle on the mat and take it to his opponents with an array of elbows, knees and kicks.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: That Axe Kick he uses to finish people off is brutal, Catherine. He's gotta be a favorite of mine for just being that complete package, complete with big dives and top rope moves!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: (chuckling) His partner is also a favorite of yours, the American Flash. He may not be that big, but he's definitely a spectacular high flier and underrated by a lot of people on the mat.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Yeah, he's even got a few nice strikes, pretty good for a guy who doesn't even weigh in at 200 pounds. Even so, that finisher of his is HUGE!</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Austin Smooth and Chucky Dorrance come out to Austin's light rock theme. Austin is the more popular of the two, slapping hands with the fans on his way to the ring. Chucky, as ever, is very focused on the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Chucky Dorrance is an oddity to me. He is a high flier, very speedy, very good at it. Somehow he doesn't seem to add any kind of flash to anything he does. He's very businesslike about his high-flying I guess I mean to say.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Nothing wrong with that, Tom. You don't NEED tons of flips and spins or a lot of extra bells and whistles on wrestling moves to make them hurt. And Chucky is very good in the ring, a real ring general type. I have to say I'm a fan. I am also a fan of his partner tonight, Austin Smooth.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: And who wouldn't be? Austin is great on the mat, super smooth and has lots of really painful-looking holds.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Believe me, Tom, they ARE painful. Most wrestling holds are, but Austin Smooth seems to have a gift for getting into them quickly and making them look like a very unhappy place to be.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: And he's got the rapid-fire countermoves and some good high flying to boot. This ought to be a fun match!</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The American Flash and Austin Smooth start the match out with some very fast and smooth counter-wrestling sequences. They exchange some weardown holds and after a while both tag out. Van Pelt and Chucky have a contest to see who can throw harder chops, van Pelt winning easily. Chucky is sent off the ropes, but shoulder blocks van Pelt down, hits the ropes again and goes under a leapfrogging van Pelt. Van Pelt arm drags him over off the ropes, Chucky rolls to his feet as van Pelt hits the ropes and catches Jayson in a sleeper hold, using the back of van Pelt's knees to drive him down to the mat. Van Pelt stands and uses the ropes to break the hold after a few elbows, sending Chucky to the opposite ropes. After hitting the mat, van Pelt catches a charging Chucky with a big elbow strike. Van Pelt starts peppering Chucky with elbows and punches, then knees him in the gut before landing a few hammering elbows to the back of Chucky's neck. Van Pelt pulls Chucky to his feet and hits a swinging neckbreaker before tagging to the American Flash. Van Pelt and Flash cut the ring in half and start to double team Chucky, the highlight being Flash hitting a springboard calf kick while van Pelt held Chucky up, with JvP dropping Chucky into a spinebuster as a follow-up. Chucky is finally able to reverse a Flash spinning headscissors into a side slam and quickly tag out to Austin. Austin hits a jumping lariat followed by a running neckbreaker drop before going to work on Flash's neck on the mat. Van Pelt is able to make a few saves and Flash reverses a few holds, but Austin and Chucky turn the tables on Flash, cutting him off from his corner. Eventually, Smooth sends Flash to the floor through the ropes and hits a plancha as he stands! Chucky and van Pelt hit the ring, Chucky ducking a lariat, but van Pelt jumps to the second rope at the turnbuckle and springboards into a moonsault all the way down to the floor on a rising Austin Smooth! Chucky sees his mistake, bounces off the ropes and hits a tope on JvP! Somewhere in the middle of all of that, the American Flash managed to get back in the ring. He hits the far ropes and does an amazing twisting plancha over the top rope onto all three! All four are down for a while, Jayson is the first one up. He sends Austin rolling into the ring and follows him into the ring with a top rope elbow strike. He seems to be hooking him for a fisherman's - no, broken up by Chucky! Chucky and Austin hit a double suplex, but the Flash is up on the apron and they turn their attention to him. The Flash slips out behind the double suplex into the ring they attempt and hits the far ropes, a double lariat is ducked and the Flash springboards off the second rope into a moonsault that catches both by surprise. Flash dropkicks Austin to the outside, climbs to the top turnbuckle and hits an elbow drop all the way to the floor! Jayson van pelt, now recovered, catches Chucky with a few big knees to the midsection to double him over, then unloads on him with the Axe Kick for the win!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: The hits keep coming! Did you see those dives by American Flash??</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: It wasn't the dives he did that impressed me. Austin Smooth is no joke on the mat, but Flash was able to mostly neutralize that strength early. He took the brunt of the attack when he got caught on the wrong side of the ring and still came back firing on all cylinders when it counted. </span> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: That's true, and on the other side Cucky Dorrance did much the same thing. Jayson van Pelt had to work to put him away even after the great double teaming he and Flash did.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Very true, Tom. (gentle joking) You see more than just fancy flips and twists after all.</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Cal Sanders/Disturbed © vs. Acid 2/The Great Fernandes for the ACPW Canadian Tag Team Championship</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Cal Sanders and Disturbed come out to the, well, slightly offbeat theme music of Disturbed. Both are extremely popular and take time to appreciate the crowd on their way to the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Cal Sanders is a longtime veteran of the Canadian independent scene. He's very strong on the mat and has a good variety of suplexes. Not that many outside of ACPW fans have seen Cal wrestle often, which is a shame.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: I am the first one to tell you that I want to see big, flashy aerial maneuvers, but I am actually a Cal Sanders fan. Fast, intricate counter wrestling is a lot of fun to watch, and Sanders also has an excellent Frog Splash he uses to finish matches.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: And his partner, Disturbed, is also very technically inclined, yet uses an aerial finisher. Disturbed is definitely a bit of an oddball, but his in-ring talent is unquestionable.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Oh yeah, he's a bit nuts. But hey, that Flying Double Stomp is just brutal. It is, you guessed it, highlight-reel worthy.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Acid 2 and the Great Fernandes come out to Acid's heavy metal theme. Acid 2 gets a really good reaction and seems to enjoy interacting with the crowd. Fernandes is also slapping hands, if a bit absentmindedly.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Now here are some high fliers! Acid 2 is a very exciting wrestler to watch and pretty well-rounded for as young as he is.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Acid 2 is definitely a credit to his trainer, the original Acid. He has really been improving lot lately too, Tom.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: (joking) Hey, i thought I was supposed to be the encyclopedia on that sort of thing! The Great Fernandes is another young, exciting high flier. He's looking a little distracted tonight Cat.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Maybe so, but Fernandes is a great young talent and these two should push the more experienced champions to their limits.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: I can't imagine that will be different from when they won the belts, Cat. Ayres Attack put up a pretty big fight to hang onto those championship belts.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: True enough, Tom. It looks like we're ready to start.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Disturbed and Acid start off with some fast rope-running sequences. Disturbed ends up on the floor, but is still far too aware of where he is for Acid 2 to dive out onto him. Cal Sanders and the Great Fernandes hit the mat pretty early, Fernandes forced to work out of a lot of submissions. Fernandes finally manages to get a rollup for not quite a 2 on Sanders, then gets snapmared over for his trouble after Sanders recovers. A dropkick to Fernandes' back follows, then a vertical suplex for a two. Sanders sends Fernandes to the ropes and ducks down for a back body drop, but gets a boot to the face instead. Fernandes tries a sunset flip, but Sanders keeps his balance and lands a jumping elbow drop instead. Sanders hits a knee to the midsection, followed by an abdominal stretch, rolling Fernandes into another 2 count directly from the hold. Fernandes lands on his feet as Sanders tries a German suplex, then hits a bulldog on the veteran. Fernandes and Acid 2 double team Sanders until Fernandes misses on a top rope lariat attempt when Sanders drops to the canvas. Fernandes rolls to his feet, but Sanders is right on him with a running dropkick. It's Sanders' and Disturbed's turn to double team Fernandes, really working over the ribcage. Disturbed gets caught charging by Fernandes, who dropkicks him out of his boots. Disturbed is sent to the ropes and Fernandes drapes him over the top rope with a hotshot. Disturbed rolls to the outside where he is met by an Acid 2 kneelkick. Fernandes pulls himself into a plancha, landing on the prone Disturbed! Acid 2 stops the dive attempt by Cal Sanders with a lariat, seemingly coming from nowhere. He slams Sanders down and hits a slingshot tope from the apron. Cal rolls outside, but is met with Fernandes' elbows and chops before being whipped into the guardrail. As this is going on, Disturbed has come up behind Acid 2 and taken him over with a released German suplex. Disturbed then sprints towards the corner where Fernandes is turning away from kicking at Sanders on the steel railing. Disturbed leaps over the turnbuckle into a tope con hilo! Acid 2, recovering in the ring, slowly makes his way to the apron. He takes a run and dives at Sanders as he staggers to his feet, but Sanders hits a dropkick on Acid mid-air that stops all his momentum. Sanders then rolls Fernandes, who has just stumbled to his feet, into the ring. A northern lights suplex nets Sanders a close near-fall. Sanders slams Acid to the mat and goes up top, there is the Frog Splash, 1, 2, NO! Acid 2 just barely got there in time. Disturbed hits Acid 2 in the back of the neck with an elbow as he starts to pick Sanders up. Acid crumbles and Disturbed hangs onto the ropes as he pushes Acid 2 out of the ring with his feet. Fernandes hasn't moved since the Frog Splash, Disturbed climbs to the top and hits the Flying Double Stomp! Disturbed makes the cover for the easy pin after both finishers</div></blockquote>.<p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: That was an incredible tag match, Tom! The veterans got the momentum at just the right time to hang onto their tag championships.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: What a finish, Cat! Acid 2 and Great Fernandes really gave it their all in there. Just came up a little short is all. That dive by Disturbed was absolutely spectacular!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Yes it was, Tom. Those over the turnbuckle dives are very dangerous. A small miscalculation and it's a very unpleasant landing.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: But so worth it!</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: C</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Video Break</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Enforcers vs. Ayres Attack</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>The crowd picks up a little as Frankie Perez's grunge-flavored rock comes over the loudspeakers. Perez and his partner Ray Snow come out to a good reaction. Perez is smiling and slapping hands, but Ray is already focused and ultra intense.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: One thing you have to admire about Ray Snow is the absolute singleness of purpose he has anytime he comes out of that entrance.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Man, Ray is a scary guy in the ring. He has this aura of intensity about him. Also, those big elbows, chops and punches look really mean.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: They certainly do, I've wrestled a few ladies who strike the way he does. The weeks after those matches were very, very sore times. His tag partner, Frankie Perez is also quite the striker.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: He's quite the everything, Cat. He has awesome suplexes, good matwork, and he even throws in some flashy high flying for good measure.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Agreed. Frankie is a true all-rounder and an exceptional wrestler. Together, Frankie and Ray make up the Enforcers, probably the most daunting tag team in ACPW.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: They seem to understand each other's style pretty well. Makes a lot of sense if you ask me. Both have brutal striking and great matwork and submissions. Both are good at tossing other wrestlers around like ragdolls with their suplexes.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Very good analysis, Tom, I can't argue with any of that.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Dermott Ayres' aggressive rock theme hits and Ayres Attack (Dermott Ayres and Zak Attack) make their way to the ring. Dermott is clearly the more popular of the two. Dermott is intense, but takes time to slap hands as he makes his way to the ring. Zak is smiling and giving high fives as he walks.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Now, here is another of ACPW's top tag teams. Neither really seems like they ought to be able to hold up against the brutal assault of the Enforcers, but they have done just that and won in the past. "The Canadian Pitbull" Dermott Ayres is absolutely tenacious in the ring, a pretty decent striker and excellent technician.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: Yes, but not in the Austin Smooth mold, Dermott is a lot more scrappy even in the way he wrestles on the mat. It's not always pretty, but it's usually effective and more than a little brutal.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: Which is why Zak Attack is the perfect compliment to the Canadian Pitbull. Zak is a speedy high-flier with a few really great dives and has some excellent springboard type moves.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: He's not the worst technician out there, but he's best staying off the mat with the Enforcers, which has been proven in the past. Zak is still young, though, and he seems like the type to work hard at his craft. On paper, Dermott and Zak look very overmatched, but their teamwork and fortitude have won out in the past.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: It 's one of those instances of the whole being greater than the parts, Cat.</span> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37063" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dermott and Ray Snow start things off, both just going straight in. Snow lands a few elbows, but Dermott hits a few right hands in response. Ray seems a little incensed at this and starts laying in elbows and chops, but Dermott comes roaring back with elbows and a few headbutts. Snow appears to be reeling after that last headbutt, but he recovers quickly and catches Dermott by surprise with a big right hand. Dermott is shot to the ropes and runs straight into a back elbow that knocks him down. Snow begins to go to work on Dermott's left leg, but Dermott's counter-wrestling evens things up as the two go hold for hold. Dermott is the first back to his feet and he tries a vertical suplex on Snow. Snow blocks it and tries to suplex Dermott over, but that is blocked just as solidly. After fighting over the suplex for a bit, Dermott slips off to the side with a reverse armbar takedown and the two go hold for hold again, neither getting a clear advantage. Finally, Dermott has to go to the ropes and they break cleanly. Both tag out as the crowd cheers their efforts. Frankie seems to be in no mood to break even with Zak and he immediately tries putting him on the mat. Zak uses his quickness to counter out of everything for a bit, but ultimately it's the patient Frankie Perez who holds onto the ropes and lets Zak hit nothing but air with a dropkick. Frankie starts working over Zak's back and neck on the mat before cutting off the ring and starting some quick tags with Snow. The Enforcers hit a few double teams, the highlight being a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo (Ray did the powerbomb) that left Zak needing a save from Dermott. Zak finally managed a lunging tag to Dermott, who ducked a Frankie lariat and hit a backbreaker follow-up. A fist drop by Dermott was followed by a vertical suplex after bouncing Frankie off the top rope for momentum. Dermott continued his momentum with a big German suplex for a two and a half. When Perez's dead weight keeps Dermott from pulling him to his feet, Dermott just kicks him in the back. Perez immediately comes to life, absorbs another kick and then stands up. Dermott and Frankie exchange elbows, which goes badly for Dermott. Perez snapmares Dermott over then lays in a few brutal roundhouse kicks to his back that leave Dermott writhing on the mat. Snow is tagged in and he immediately hits a brainbuster on Dermott for a close near-fall. Dermott barely kicks out of a few more devastating moves by Snow before he barely makes the tag. Zak runs right into the buzzsaw that is Ray Snow, getting pounded right back into his own corner with elbows. Zak is then bounced off of the far turnbuckle, turns around into a lariat from the apron by Frankie, then gets sent off the ropes into an impactful Ray Snow spinebuster. Dermott catches Snow by surprise before he can go for the pinfall, stomping at his head. Dermott hits a side slam and a nice powerbomb on Ray before Zak is able to help him again. Zak and Dermott hit a double suplex and a double dropkick before Dermott lifts Ray for another powerbomb, finishing the move after Zak hits a springboard kneelkick on Snow. Perez makes the save and all four are in the ring. Snow rolls to the floor for safety as Ayres and Frankie exchange elbows and chops. Zak hits a spectacular springboard lariat to the floor on Snow, both are motionless on the outside for some time. In the ring, Frankie has taken control with a few nasty roundhouse kicks to the ribs. He sends Dermott into the ropes and hits a nice lariat for a two and a half. Perez is trying for a gutwrench pickup, but Dermott counters with a gutwrench suplex to Frankie. Dermott grabs the legs and looks like he's ready to put on his Montreal Crab finisher. Perez pulls a leg free and kicks Dermott in the face several times before springing to his feet and ducking an attempted lariat. Both hit the ropes and Frankie nails Ayres with a running elbow shot that might have broken his nose. Frankie picks up Dermott and hooks him for a suplex, lifts, then drops him straight back down the way he came onto his face and belly. Smooth as silk, Perez floats over into the P-Clutch (camel clutch w/ knee in the back). Zak can be seen diving through the ropes for the save, but Snow grabs his feet and pulls him short! Ayres is forced to tap out, giving the Enforcers the win. Following the win, Frankie Perez is seen checking on Dermott Ayres to see if he is okay.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: That, folks, is an ACPW main event. Dermott Ayres and Zak Attack pushed the Enforcers to the limit again.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: You aren't kidding, Cat. That Dermott Ayres is one tough customer. Not the brightest to exchange strikes with the likes of Perez and Snow, but incredibly tough.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: In the heat of battle you tend to make some decisions you regret later, Tom. And Dermott seems to like the challenge of it, if not the pain. Believe me, I've shared locker rooms with that type of competitor before.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: It looks like time is almost up. Cat, as always it's been a pleasure working with you. We may not always agree on what we like to see in the ring, but we can agree that ACPW provides that very thing for both of us.</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Catherine: You're right about that, Tom. From Waterloo University Arena in Ontario, Canada, this is Catherine Quine signing off of another ACPW webcast. Thank all of you who tune in and catch ACPW Winter Winds in a month!</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Tom: And this is Tom Gibson. We appreciate you watching so much, and I always hope that everyone enjoys these shows as much as I do. Be sure to check out Tom's Highlight Reel elsewhere on the website! See ya next month!</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rating: C+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall Rating: C+</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>The video ends with the ACPW logo.</em></p>

Archived