Moves Names vs In game Names

Some of us probably know certain moves by different names than those used in game. This thread is simply to help us match those two names so custom move lists are more appropriate without having to worry about custom moves and balancing damage levels.

Myself, I need a little the following:

• Diving hurricanrana
  • Hangman's choke
  • Headscissors takedown - Lucha Spinning Head Scissors
  • Tilt-a-whirl Slam

Here's what I've got for the non-trademarked finishers:

(WS3 Move Name - Real Life Move Name)

Arrow Suplex - Falcon Arrow

Bodyslam Driver - Michinoku Driver

Corner Sit Down Splash - Banzai Drop

Double Leg Whiplash Slam - Alabama Slam

Double Underhook Facebuster - Pedigree

Face Crusher - Cutter/Diamond Cutter/Ace Crusher/RKO

Falling Side Slam - Rock Bottom/Book End

Fireman's Carry Slam - FU/Attitude Adjustment

Front Flip Piledriver - Canadian Destroyer

Glittering Magician Knee - Shining Wizard

Legdrop Bulldog - Fame Asser

Saddled Reverse DVD/Standing Saddled Reverse DDT - Burning Hammer

Sports Entertainment Elbow Drop - People's Elbow

Sports Entertainment Worm Chop - The Worm

Stunning Face Crusher - Stunner

Swandive Senton Bomb - Swanton Bomb

Tiger Danger Driver - Tiger Driver '91

Twisting Face Crusher - Twist of Fate

Isn't a Headscissors Takedown just the English name for a Rana?

A Huracanrana is a Rana Pinfall (but there doesn't seem to be a top rope version or a diving version).

No. The "rana" part of the name means pinfall.

First move is a head scissor take down and second is a huracanrana. They're different moves.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37096" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So what's a Huracanrana? I always thought the Huracanrana was a rana that ends in a pinfall (like the second move in the above video). Huracan Ramirez has a lot to answer for. ¬_¬</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The second move was a Hurricanrana, "A head scissors take down that ends in a double leg cradle pinning hold."</p><p> </p><p> The frankensteiner is Scott Steiner's variation of the Hurricanrana, the opponent lands on his head, not his back.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=217W8giwup4#t=54" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=217W8giwup4#t=54</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thebest2427" data-cite="thebest2427" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37096" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a Hangman's DDT (like Orton does) in the game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. It's called Draping DDT.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Invictus" data-cite="Invictus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37096" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm guessing the Alabama Slam is the Double Leg Whiplash Slam?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, it is.</p>

Archived