Methods for approaching a match?

I'm new to this series. Tried the demo and found it enjoyable enough that I plan to purchase. I have one general question. In matches I've played in the demo, it seems like they tend to go fairly long. I use many finishers (DDT, etc) and it still takes 30-40 min to end the match. Am I going about this the right way? Once my opponent is 20% and hurt, I use finishers exclusively...but it seems to be to no avail. Appreciate any feedback

Finishers have a low chance of actually hitting, even less if you have low momentum, which I'm guessing you have if you're only using finishers and not hitting most of them. You should use basic moves with low momentum and then go to medium and high when your momentum goes up, then you can try risking finishers.

Make sure to check the Chance Of Win - you mentioned using a DDT, but if you're using the default data then the DDT is actually a Medium level move and can't finish the match unless the opponent is fully Vulnerable.

You also don't want to use Finishers exclusively - they have a very low chance of hitting, so you'll end up putting yourself on the defensive for long periods of time. You should build up to them using lesser moves to increase your momentum and lower your opponent's, therefore giving you the ideal conditions to hit the finisher eventually.

Archived