Creating New Companies Crashes My Game

I'm running as administrator, but every single time I create a new company in the editor my game immediately crashes with a "run time error" message.

However, it lets me edit companies. So, I've edited companies that have already closed and made them exactly how my new company was supposed to be.

Still though, It would be nice if the game didn't crash when a brand new company is created. This is the only crash issue I've had with the game. I always run as administrator.

I have a decently powered Window's 7 computer that's two or three years old.

<p>Have you downloaded the latest patch? There's normally a demo patch but I can't find it at the moment, so it might be worth redownloading the trial.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: It definitely works in the retail version as I've just tried it (i.e. created a new company in the editor).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37147" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It sounds like you are using the original demo, that error was patched almost immediately. If you download any of the versions from release day, or the temporary patches, the issue will be resolved.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was indeed the problem. Once I completely uninstalled the first demo, then reinstalled the new version, it worked.</p><p> </p><p> I'm about to purchase the game now. Thanks.</p>

Archived