Rookie to Legend moveset creation

I started a RTL game and was prompted to add moves to create a moveset. I ended up just adding ALL the moves from the right hand column to my list of moves. What are you supposed to do here? If there are no disadvantages to adding all the moves, why wouldn't you? Just looking for a little more info on this part of the game.

And also if you have too many moves it becomes a bit of a nightmare during matches, since you have to sort through loads of them to find the ones you want to use.

But no, there are no mechanical disadvantages to having a large moveset. Though having a large move set does not in itself give you any real advantages either, in the same way that having more ingredients does not in itself make a better cake. You still have to choose the right ones for the occasion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="markprior22" data-cite="markprior22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37157" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If there are no disadvantages to adding all the moves, why wouldn't you?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can flip that around and ask if there are no advantages, why would you? The amount of moves you have offers no real advantages or disadvantages, it's how you use them that matters. Usually you'd remove the ones that don't fit with your character, if for no other reason that it means you won't have an enormous list to scroll through when fighting.</p>

<p>The computer itself doesn't bother to have a lot of move in his moveset (at least, concerning automatically generated moveset) so why would you ?</p><p> </p><p>

But like the others says, it's only a question of Roleplay and the moves that you'll use the most. For instance, my character can do both second rope dropkick and flying butt smash, but I just don't see him using the latter so I removed it from his moveset.</p><p> </p><p>

What I can counsil to you is to try some matches with a massive moveset then after some tests, just remove moves that you barely use.</p>

Archived