Questions I need answered to decide if I should buy

Now that the game has is out I have a few questions I hope someone would be kind enough to answer so I know whether or not I would have fun with the full version of the game. I'll put them in level of importance:

1. Do A.I. controlled wrestlers get better over time. I’ve seen people say that it’s a static game world so I hope the wrestlers aren’t just “there”.

2. Are there events in the bigger promotions. I’ve only played the rookie to legend mode so I haven’t gotten into a promotion. Are there things like Wrestlemania.

3. Are storylines different and unique enough to keep you engaged for the long haul. So far in the independent scene it’s just beat these four and repeat.

4. Does being in a big promotion feel different than being in the independent league.

5. Do storylines make sense for where you’re at in the game.

1. Do A.I. controlled wrestlers get better over time. I’ve seen people say that it’s a static game world so I hope the wrestlers aren’t just “there”.

Yup, the AI-controlled wrestlers develop stats until their peak, and decline in stats as they get older, just like in TEW.

2. Are there events in the bigger promotions. I’ve only played the rookie to legend mode so I haven’t gotten into a promotion. Are there things like Wrestlemania.

There are no "events" per se, but there are special rare storylines in the bigger promotions which simulate that "epic main event" feel.

3. Are storylines different and unique enough to keep you engaged for the long haul. So far in the independent scene it’s just beat these four and repeat.

This one is a bit subjective, but there are hundreds of different storylines in the game, and it's physically impossible to play them all during one career (as some are limited to certain sizes, some aren't available if you complete or fail certain others, etc). The majority of the basic storylines work around the 'beat these four guys' formula, but there are a large number that don't.

4. Does being in a big promotion feel different than being in the independent league.

Not in terms of how the game works. You'll still get storylines in the same way. However there are also titles to be won, and the types of matches and storylines you'll be involved in vary from promotion to promotion.

5. Do storylines make sense for where you’re at in the game.

Not sure I really understand that question... Some storylines 'follow on' from previous ones, if you do well you'll get storylines that let you gain popularity (and if you do badly, some that make you lose it!), you'll get #1 contenders storylines if you're doing well and there's a title that you're eligible for at your level in your company, etc. There's a debut storyline when you debut in a new promotion, and several related to when you first get promoted up the card, stuff like that.

Archived