Ideas on Faster WS3 Matches

Hi all, I've been playing around some with WreSpi 3, and while I think it's addictive and can be a lot of fun, I find it frustrating that nearly every match turns into a ROH 45 minute main event. I'd much prefer a smoother, faster play-style where I can win or lose in a "TV" match except for certain circumstances. What are some ideas to facilitate that without drastically altering worker's skills?

So far, I've come up with a couple, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any good ideas.

My ideas:

* A less drastic "chance of hit" gap for finishers and high level moves. Unfortunately, this would likely have to be done on a per move basis.

* Moves at a medium level that have a low chance to hit, but can realistically win matches. Think of it as "swinging for the fences" by hitting a trademark move early in the match. The risk/reward would be that you'd have a significantly lower chance to hit along with a smaller win percentage. This would simulate a guy hitting a "surprise" finisher on someone: it would also add more variance. And even if you did hit a Stunner on the Undertaker 7 minutes in, his spirit and overall skills make your chances of beating him in a "fluke" way significantly less, even though it could be used to win a match against a guy like Droz without it feeling like an epic showdown.

Any other ideas on how to make matches feel more like "TV" matches?

(I'm posting this here and not in the suggestions forum because I'm not trying to suggest anything be changed, I just want ideas that'll make the game more fun for me personally. If anybody else has any interest, I might put out a mod, but this is just for ideas).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37300" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any other ideas on how to make matches feel more like "TV" matches?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can change the levels for Medium \ High \ Danger via the company editor, you can speed up matches to Attitude-style quickies that way.</p>

<p>Lazorbeak, as Adam has said, change your company's match settings, period. It's the quickest and most efficient way to simulate fast TV sports entertainment matches. All I do is add 10-15% to each Medium\High\Danger level to balance things out and make the matches shorter (around 9-15 minutes in a one-sided affair,* 28 minutes for an epic bout); this will skip over the low level weardown moves and allow the stronger moves to come up earlier. You can make the finishers come in even fast by jacking up the Danger level. And if 15 minutes is too much for you simply increase the percentages and playtest.</p><p> </p><p>

Next you can eliminate the 3-minute Warmup Period which maxes out the chance to hit at 800. Setting it to 0 will increase the chance for someone to dominate and squash an opponent.</p><p> </p><p>

*Obviously tag, six-, and ten man matches will run longer.</p>

Archived