2013 Year End Awards Discussion Thread

I thought that I would toss this out here and see what everyone thinks about doing a year-end awards ceremony. Going from past year-end awards ceremonies, I have compiled the following list of possible awards:

Best Presentation

Best Kayfabe Breaking Segments

Best New Writer

Best Match Write-ups

Best Tag Team

Best Stable

Most Compelling Non-Wrestler

Show Of The Year

Most Compelling Wrestler

Best Overall Writer

Rocky Maivia Award (the award for someone you couldn't care about in real life but someone made you actually care about them in their diary)

Match Of The Year

Storyline Of The Year

Best Promos

Best Mod Diary

Best Cornellverse Diary

Best Overall Diary (determined by who gets the most votes in the Mod/Cornellverse Categories)

Any particular thoughts from the gallery here?

<p>Looks great, Angel. I can't think of any other award that could be listed?</p><p> </p><p>

I wish I could help this year; however, I don't believe my schedule will permit. Either way, I'm looking forward to what comes of this years 'end of the year awards'. It's always an exciting time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MJStark" data-cite="MJStark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37385" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We have best Real world & best cVerse, but no best mod?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea, I would just have it mimic the monthly awards so to speak. CVerse as one category. Mod as another. Every other category looks spot on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37385" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about a best mod, meaning who made the best mod? There would certainly be a lot of candidates.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am quite sure that that has been brought up before in the past years that the end of year awards have been done. I think one of the reasons that has been against it is because if we open it up to mods then we have to have another category for alts and another category for re-renders. If we keep it to simply the diaries then it cuts down on the amount of categories that are needed to vote for.</p><p> </p><p> With that being said, I do have a lot of respect for the time and effort that it takes to create a mod, alt, re-render, etc. These diaries would not look as good or even exist without the hard work of these people behind the scenes (Adam Ryland included). So thank you to those who do this hard work to make these diaries what they are.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="White Dolphin" data-cite="White Dolphin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37385" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There should be best cult character for usage of the scrubs/gag characters like Ben Williams/Alan Parent/Scotsman/et al. Those guys are such an under-appreciated part of the CVerse and should really have an award recognizing their comedic potential.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe that those characters are sort of represented by the Rocky Maivia award. But I am open to thoughts from others as well.</p>

Archived