Trying to see if I should buy the game

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Angry_Gamer" data-cite="Angry_Gamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37403" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like the match engine, and the idea of the storylines. But I want to know what meat is there to the game. Can you form relationships? Are there interviews, shoot interviews, back stage assaults, feuds, or is it just match after match after match?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a wrestling match simulator. None of that is included.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37403" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's a wrestling match simulator. None of that is included.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The previous games were wrestling match simulators and provided a lot of that. but I'm deciding not to buy the game if its this bare bones, especially compared to previous versions.</p>

<p>the game does have interviews in a way</p><p>

I have had verbal wars where you choose</p><p>

cheap pop, catchphrase and other things as</p><p>

your "moves" to win a verbal battle and it </p><p>

gives you a bonus/penalty depending on what you </p><p>

tactic you selected going into the "interview"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Angry_Gamer" data-cite="Angry_Gamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37403" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like the match engine, and the idea of the storylines. But I want to know what meat is there to the game. Can you form relationships? Are there interviews, shoot interviews, back stage assaults, feuds, or is it just match after match after match?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interviews are part of the game. Feuds are done as part of storylines. Assaults happen as run-ins or pre-match attacks during matches, linked to storylines.</p><p> </p><p> Relationships are not in as they would not be much use within the context of a competitive sport as there would be no politics to deal with in regards to pushes, etc, thus removing the interest from them.</p><p> </p><p> The game's comcept is meant to be "what is wrestling was done like MMA", and so almost the entire focus is on the matches, the competitive results, and skill \ training increases.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37403" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interviews are part of the game. Feuds are done as part of storylines. Assaults happen as run-ins or pre-match attacks during matches, linked to storylines.<p> </p><p> Relationships are not in as they would not be much use within the context of a competitive sport as there would be no politics to deal with in regards to pushes, etc, thus removing the interest from them.</p><p> </p><p> The game's comcept is meant to be "what is wrestling was done like MMA", and so almost the entire focus is on the matches, the competitive results, and skill \ training increases.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok that changes my opinion then lol, I wasn't meaning to be hard on the game, I just wanted to know what kinda things happen as you go along.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jonfun" data-cite="Jonfun" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37403" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am still on the fence about this game. Not sure if I should buy it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, it helps to tell which points keep you from buying. He basically explained it: "pro wrestling as a real sport". That's it. It's a different approach to the concept of pro wrestling. If you don't like that, then don't buy. But the match engine is good enough to get you at least some fun. You can basically do any move in pro wrestling. Apart from the matches, there is little else. </p><p> </p><p> So unless you like to spend tons of time in the menus like TEW, this game should be for any fan.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone on the fence on this game. It looks underwhelming at first glance but spending any amount of time with it reveals an amazing piece of work. Add in DOTT for me an it becomes Epic. I wish this was a huge seller with an active mod community because it would only enhance the awesomeness.

Archived