Jazzier News Feeds

Is it possible to spice up the News with randomly generated storyline recaps happening throughout the wrestling world?

I can appreciate the decision to center Wrestling Spirit 3 on the player's character byway of the storyline system. Going down that road eliminated a lot of the nagging problems with previous games in the series. Most importantly, this design decision allows the game's biggest strength - the 'fight engine' - to stand alone in the spotlight.

The problem, in my humble opinion, is that the rest of the game world comes across as a complete and utter void. Heck, other than the handful of wrestlers in a given storyline, the rest of a company my wrestler is employed may as well not exist.

Yes, a lot of information is passed along in the News Archive; wrestler debuts, hirings, contract lapses, popularity changes, turns, and retirements. But the presentation of such information is too dry, too matter-of-fact to actually enjoy.

Perhaps spicing up the News feeds with random injuries, blood feuds, title changes, and contract squabbles would help in this regard.

Thanks for the consideration.

Archived