Wrestling Spirit 3

I love the TEW 2010, and TEW 2013 I have them both and I still play 2010 even though I have 2013 it is because I screwed up and didn't run my 2010 on admin, but that is a long story. Now I kept hearing good things about Wrestling Spirit 3 so I tried it out, because I thought it would be awesome to take control of one wrestler and live their life and choices. BOY was I WRONG I played two matches the first one was real close it pissed me off. So I tried it again, and at first I was kicking his ass got him down to 74% and I my momentum as full, then I tried to throw him out of he ring and he countered and there it goes. My choices for like 20 moves where Avoid, or Brace, or Fight Back, or Allow for 20 MOVES!!!! Now when this started I was at 95% when it was done I was down to 45!!!!!! I could not do NOTHING!!! This was the same problem I saw with the Comic book game and I just now tried it again and I guess they updated it because now it has a easy mode and I don't think I lost one match they have been close, but it is better, but Wrestling Spirit 3 is a different story. I don't care if it comes close, but if it goes on a run and just kicks my ass for 20 or 20 something moves and I can't do nothing and I only have two options it sucks. Also really before that I would do like a closeline and it would say he shrugged it off and goes on the offensive and stuff like that for 3 or 5 times. So I'm sorry I don't think it is a good game. I love every thing else Grey Dog puts out. The two wrestling games I have, the two basketball games The Pro and College but this one WOW I just shake my head.

I would suggest playing more than 2 matches before you write the game off - as a game based on probability, occasional unlucky runs where multiple turns go against you are inevitable, especially if you are against a much better opponent, and especially if you are new to the game and probably do not understand the system very well.

Also, you would benefit strongly from reading the rules \ help documentation that comes with the game. You mentioned, for example, that the opponent shrugged off your moves five times, ruining your offense; this simply means that he was a bigger, stronger opponent, probably with a special attribute that made him Undertaker-esque - repeatedly using low-level strike-based moves like you did is therefore a terrible tactic, as you are almost guaranteeing that your attack will fail. You should have been using quickness or wear-down holds. Similarly, if you do not understand how each counter relates to your size and skills then you are unlikely to be using the best one, therefore making it much easier for the opponent to hit 20+ moves in a row. This is not a game where you can merrily pick options at random and expect to win; it's a probability and statistics based product, not an arcade game!

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but giving up on the game - and writing a damning 'review' that's going to put off other customers - after just 2 matches seems extremely unfair, especially if you haven't really taken the time to understand the system (for example, the fact that you didn't mention anything about CoH or other vital stats makes me wonder if you were even aware of the probability system in use?). I think you would have got much more out of it if you'd made a post asking for tips and suggestions on how to play, or which characters to use.

Well I'm sorry that post was more like a vent post. Like I said in the post I love just about every game you put out. The Arena Game, and that Adventure game well I haven't played the Arena Game, but the Adventure one I don't have nothing bad to say about it, but I will say it lacked something or it lacked something to catch me and the Arena sound good but I just haven't played it. I love both your basketball games I just need to buy them I have been wanting too. I also love your MMA games and all your TEW games. Like said Adam I'm sorry about the post it was more like a vent post. Also like I said in the post I had the guy down to like 74% and I was like 90 something or around 88% I had to do something outside the ring and it was a hardcore match so I tired to throw him out of the match and he shrugged it off and started to kick my ass I avoided or blocked or something a few move later and I tried to throw him out again and he did the same thing, but this time was the time he went on a like a 20 something move attack. Wear down moves or nothing would not have helped me, because every move I only got Avoid, or allow to hit, or Block or Fight Back options. So the right wrestler or right move would not have help either way. I was using Jack Griffin I like that dude for some reason he reminds me of Triple H or something and even in my TEW games I always want to get him back to his glory days, but anyway I was fighting I think his name is Colossuss He is that big black man that looks like a black Yokazuma in the Invincible fed. Yes I know was bigger and everything, but like I said nothing would have help in those 20+ moves because I never got anything to really reverse or like body slam or nothing. Again Adam I'm sorry about the post I will understand if you want to delete it. No matter what keep up the good work in your games and I can't wait for TEW 2015 or 2016. I'm sure WrestlingSpirits 3 is a great game for some because I heard you can do a lot with it, If you would add a easy mode like you did for the Comic book game, because it was the same thing it pissed me off at first. The first time I got the Comic Book game trial I was getting my ass kick in that and at the time you could edit your superhero's and I did I maxed out one of them and I was still getting beat up so at first that one turned me off also but I just now went back to it and you add a easy mode and now it is pretty fun there is still some twikes you might need for the second one if there is a second one to make it better I forgot what someone mentioned, but it was exactly what I was thinking at the time I forgot what it was. Again Adam I am sorry if I hurt your feelings I didn't mean it that way. Again if you want to delete the post I will understand.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tankerman1203" data-cite="Tankerman1203" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38152" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wear down moves or nothing would not have helped me, because every move I only got Avoid, or allow to hit, or Block or Fight Back options. <strong>So the right wrestler or right move would not have help either way.</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think this is a case where you really need to understand the system more (as well as reading the rules \ help documentation, I'd strongly recommend you use the in-built Calculation button which tells you exactly why things are happening) - the effectiveness of each counter <strong>does</strong> depend on which character you are using (as well as having different effects). </p><p> </p><p> i.e. in the above example you've said you had Avoid, Block, Allow or Fight Back, and from what you've written you seemed to be just randomly picking which you used. Against Colossus, you will likely have a significant speed advantage, so you'll get bonuses for using Avoid. Block gives you a higher chance of success, and two-in-a-row would break his streak of moves too. On top of that, you have to take into account his momentum - you don't want it to get too high, so blocking early to ensure that doesn't happen may be a good tactic. Using Fight Back or Allow therefore probably aren't the best of tactics.</p><p> </p><p> (On top of that, you made a <em>huge</em> mistake to begin with - you tried to throw him out of the ring. Against a guy so much bigger than you, that's going to give you a really, really bad percentage chance of success.)</p><p> </p><p> So, overall, you made one huge mistake to begin with and then didn't play to your character's strengths when it came to trying to stop the resulting beating that happened - there's nothing wrong with that, it's your first couple of matches so you're not expected to understand everything, but you do need to understand that if you take time to learn the system (and again, the Calculation button is invaluable for doing this) you can significantly reduce the chances of beatings like that happening regularly.</p><p> </p><p> You should also remember that you have already said that you were 15% or so ahead when this happened, so it's not like you are getting squashed - you were winning prior to making that one rookie mistake!</p>

One thing I must say is that Adam has always catered(or seemed to) to his fan-base. He does what he can to please us whether it be small subtle changes or massive overhauls of certain features. He's done an outstanding job and with just about every one of his games, not only does he want you to enjoy it but he builds them in a way that forces you to make the matches play out more realistically. Good luck Tanker and hopefully you really put in a strong effort to learn the game mechanics. You will really enjoy the game when you understand it. :-)

This thread is a perfect example as to why I have purchased and will continue to purchase games that Adam Ryland creates. Personal attention from a game developer is nonexistent these days. The ability to talk directly to the creator of a game and get feedback is a perk I'll never take for granted. Even after receiving a terrible "review" of his game, Adam continues to offer advice (something you will not find elsewhere). I agree with Adam and Segemo though, if you look over the help documentation that comes with the game, you'll have a better understanding of how the game works. From there you'll be in a better position to play the game.

Archived