Xtreme Cage Combat: The Reckoning

My database will be Cverse Expanded, which adds a lot more fighters and shuffles some around. It also adds some pre-game histories which are interesting.

This save isn't from the start, it's from 3+ years into the future, the year 2001 where every fighter has some fight history and the world has changed quite a bit already...

I will play XCC, they have 5 weight classes, 3 men, 2 female.

I can only hope to become as popular as the other diaries, but I might lose interest and stop writing it... hopefully not though.

Like the others, I will have predictions, announcements, post-fight interviews etc.

I will try to keep the show write-up's short and sweet, I don't want to waste hours just for one show after all.

Anyways, I hope you will enjoy.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/1widy42.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Company Profile:</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>XCC or ''Xtreme Cage Combat'' is an MMA organisation located in the state of California.<p> Formed in 1997 by businessman and MMA loved Vince Whiteman, the company showed a completely different side of the sport by immediately focusing on the fast paced action packed lower weight divisions. </p><p> </p><p> They are often regarded as the Number two promotion in the USA, much smaller than the MMA juggernaught called GAMMA.</p><p> But the thing that keeps both companies out of each other's crosshairs is the fact that GAMMA is purely focused on the ''conventional'' weight classes ranging from Heavy to Lightweight fighting. And the XCC is focused on Lightweight to Bantamweigth fighting with the addition of two divisions of Womens fighting...</p><p> </p><p> Some panned womens MMA as nothing more than a niche, and GAMMA CEO Lance Decker said that women had no place in the sport... But XCC thought differently, as they sought for the best of the best in womens MMA and not being afraid of competing with the all-women organisations WEFF and Q-Cage for talent. And over the years they have produced a product that is starkly different from that of GAMMA, which in turn has brought them a big amount of fans who aren't interested in the heavier weight divisions.</p><p> </p><p> Just over 4 years have passed since the opening of XCC, and a lot has changed. Going from 1 small event a month they have struck PPV deals and even gotten a TV deal to bring their brand of MMA to the American and also Canadian public.</p><p> </p><p> A decision that has caused a lot of fans to become interested in XCC is their banning of the ''10 point scoring system'' used by many other organisations. The company claiming that it encourages fighters to win by points rather than going for the stoppage. Their current system will mean that the judges will award a fight to the fighter who they deem to have fought the best over the entire fight, rather than individual rounds.</p><p> </p><p> Many people don't expect the XCC to ever compete with the international organisations like GAMMA, ALPHA1 and SIGMA. But many others believe that the high paced fighting of XCC certainly has a chance to become a big company as they compete for the best talent in the lower divisions.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>XCC Rules:</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Matches are held inside Cages<p> Decisions are based on the complete matches, not rounds</p><p> Non Title matches are 3 rounds of 10 minutes</p><p> Title Matches and Non Title Main Events are 5 rounds of 10 minutes</p><p> Strikes to a downed opponent are legal</p><p> The referee can seperate inactive fighters</p><p> Closing guard is legal</p><p> Knee strikes to the head of a grounded opponent are illegal</p><p> Elbow strikes to the head of a standing and grounded opponent are legal</p><p> Stomps are illegal</p><p> Foot stomps are legal</p><p> Soccer kicks are illegal</p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>CHAMPIONS OF XCC</strong></span> </p><p>

-as of May 2001-</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/LjFcSxo.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/HLG5Usr.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/Cv1ddeY.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/Usi3sHA.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/dJGVwyw.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>ROSTER OF XCC</strong></span> </p><p>

-as of May 2001-</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Lightweight Division:</strong></span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/WKBPL9D.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Featherweight Division:</strong></span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/hD7LxJS.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Bantamweight Division:</strong></span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/ATkQiEE.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Womens Featherweight Division:</strong></span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/UDVMCGl.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Womens Bantamweight Division:</strong></span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/oF73xdh.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">XCC: Jones Vs. Machado Post-Fight Interview</span></strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.gyazo.com/4321f41e383584447174b805f99625a3.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.gyazo.com/e88ff068a03aa41d61739e6b67040ded.png</span><span>http://i.gyazo.com/ba658e7b33b990a5002496bfe4da7ba3.png</span></p><p>

<strong>Emmett 'Old School' Jones</strong> (47-14-3) and <strong>Luiz 'The Tarantula' Machado</strong> (26-6) at the table</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Emmett, tonight you sit at the table for the first time in almost four years not as the champion. How do you feel after losing such a big fight?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>EJ:</strong></span> <em>It really feels strange. All these years everything in my life revolved around defending the Bantamweight title. I was in the gym every day and every night planning to stay ahead of my opponents... But now that's over.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>6 competitors tried to stop you, and 6 competitors failed to do so. The list is long and legendary... But, what prevented you from making it 7 tonight?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>EJ:</strong></span> <em>Well, I didn't win that's the most important part... The truth is, Luiz had my number tonight. He got me into the RNC and I had to tap out...</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Luiz, what's the reason you won your fight tonight?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000080;"><strong>LM:</strong></span> <em>Uhm, how you say... I like ground game, I do Jiu-Jitsu and I got him to the ground. He is good fighter on the ground, but I got the RNC and won title.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>What do you say Emmett?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>EJ:</strong></span> <em>Well I couldn't say it any better. He got the better of me, I thought that I could stop his ground game but he was better. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Does Luiz deserve the belt?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>EJ:</strong></span> <em>Yeah, of course he does. I have great respect for Luiz, he was the better fighter and he won fair and square. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>With your loss tonight you dropped from the Pound-for-Pound Rankings, you were 8th and now you're off the list. Does that hurt?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>EJ:</strong></span> <em>Naturally it hurts, but at the end of the day it's just a list. I rather focus on getting wins, I don't pay attendance to the lists.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>So, final question for you. Are you going to stay in the Bantamweight or are you planning on moving up, now that you've lost the title?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>EJ:</strong></span> <em>Honestly? I have a lot of respect for the guys in the division, kids like Everett and Pander are going to be big names... But in these past 4 years I have beaten some of the best, and I feel it's time for me to move on. I'd love to have a rematch with Luiz, but I rather test my mettle against the Featherweights...</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Good luck to you Emmett. Do you have anything to add Luiz?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000080;"><strong>LM:</strong></span> <em>I love to have rematch for title one day, but I say good luck to Emmett. He good fighter, Frye need to watch out or he lose title.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Thank you, and congratulations...</em></p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">XCC: Vaughan Vs. Fujiwara</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/ET6xJdG.png</span> <strong><span style="font-size:18px;">-VS-</span></strong> <span>http://i.imgur.com/ZY34tqT.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>XCC: Vaughan Vs. Fujiwara</strong></p><p><strong>

Date: Thursday, Week 4, May 2001</strong></p><p><strong>

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Main Event:</strong></p><p>

<strong>Non-Title Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> (#10) 'The Arizona Animal' <strong>Sarah Vaughan</strong> (11-2) Vs. (#12) <strong>Umeka Fujiwara</strong> (6-0)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Co-Main Event:</strong></p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> <strong>Emi</strong> 'Red Devil' <strong>Nagano</strong> (4-2) Vs. (#21) <strong>Verona</strong> 'The Samoan Tank' <strong>Joseph</strong> (6-3)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Undercard:</strong></p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> (#20) 'The Rotterdam Rock' <strong>Stella Massey</strong> (6-2) Vs. 'The Maryland Mauler' <strong>Helen Fox</strong> (7-3)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> (#25) <strong>Suzanne Elder</strong> (5-3) Vs. <strong>Daniela Sadorra</strong> (4-3)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> <strong>Carmen Routhwaite</strong> (3-4) Vs. <strong>Cindy Dumas</strong> (3-5)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Featherweight Match:</strong> <strong>Freddy</strong> 'The Ax' <strong>Lomax</strong> (6-1) vs. <strong>Tyler</strong> 'Black Ops' <strong>Aidi</strong> (9-1)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rumours:</strong></p><p>

- It's reported that if Sarah Vaughan can win her main event fight, she will be next in line for a title shot. The same goes for Umeka.</p><p>

- Stella Massey and Helen Fox have been getting a few bad losses, but a win can return them back into the spotlight.</p><p>

- Despite it being a womens only card, Lomax and Aidi will fight in the opener, in what might be a sleeper hit of the night.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>XCC: Fighter Report</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/Klf48F9.png</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div style="text-align:center;"><div><strong>Name:</strong> Sarah Vaughan<p> <strong>Nickname:</strong> 'The Arizona Animal'</p><p> <strong>Nationality:</strong> USA</p><p> <strong>Age:</strong> 35</p><p> <strong>Height:</strong> 5'7</p><p> <strong>Pref Weight:</strong> 141lbs (Featherweight)</p><p> <strong>Style:</strong> Freestyle Wrestling</p><p> <strong>Pro Record:</strong> 11-2</p><p> <strong>Last 5 Fights:</strong> W-L-L-W-W (First to Last)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bio:</strong></p><p> <em>At 35 years of age the veteran Sarah Vaughan is regarded as one of the founding mothers of womens MMA, having been beating people since the early days where the rules were thin and fighters were mostly wild brawlers.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> But Vaughan transcended all those other female fighters by using her wrestling pedigree and beating up all the brawlers who had never heard of a ground game.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Being a former LVFF Ladies champion and also a one time XCC Womens Featherweight Champion, she has proven her place in the record books as the meanest women in MMA.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> In recent years she lost a few steps due to her age and also the influx of more-rounded female fighters who are more than just brawlers. But Vaughan has proven that she is still a big test for anyone and with a win against Emeka Fujiwara she can return to title contendership once more.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> And who knows, maybe the 35 year old has a final title reign left in the tank? </em></p><p></p></div></div><div></div></blockquote><p> </p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> PS: Feel free to make predictions on the first card. And I shall be doing a fighter profile before every card.</p><p> Feedback is also welcome.</p>

<p>Main Event:</p><p>

<strong>Non-Title Womens Featherweight Match: (#10) </strong>'The Arizona Animal' Sarah Vaughan (11-2) Vs. (#12) Umeka Fujiwara (6-0)</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event:</p><p>

Womens Featherweight Match: Emi 'Red Devil' Nagano (4-2) Vs.<strong> (#21) Verona 'The Samoan Tank' Joseph (6-3)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Undercard:</p><p>

Womens Featherweight Match: (#20) 'The Rotterdam Rock' Stella Massey (6-2) Vs. <strong>'The Maryland Mauler' Helen Fox (7-3)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Womens Featherweight Match: <strong>(#25) Suzanne Elder (5-3)</strong> Vs. Daniela Sadorra (4-3)</p><p> </p><p>

Womens Featherweight Match: Carmen Routhwaite (3-4) Vs. <strong>Cindy Dumas (3-5)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Featherweight Match: <strong>Freddy 'The Ax' Lomax (6-1)</strong> vs. Tyler 'Black Ops' Aidi (9-1)</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">XCC: Vaughan Vs. Fujiwara</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/ET6xJdG.png</span> <strong><span style="font-size:18px;">-VS-</span></strong> <span>http://i.imgur.com/ZY34tqT.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>XCC: Vaughan Vs. Fujiwara</strong></p><p><strong>

Date: Thursday, Week 4, May 2001</strong></p><p><strong>

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA</strong></p><p><strong>

Attendance: 5,117</strong></p><p><strong>

PPV Buys: 184,474</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Featherweight Match:</strong> <strong>Freddy</strong> 'The Ax' <strong>Lomax</strong> (6-1) vs. <strong>Tyler</strong> 'Black Ops' <strong>Aidi</strong> (9-1)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 1:</strong></p><p>

A long winded round where little happens. Both guys seem good enough to just circle around each other. Aidi tries his best to get the fight to the ground, but Lomax defends well and prevents him. Boring round.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 2:</strong></p><p>

Aidi gets an early takedown and from there we see a sloppy grind fest where neither man is impressing. Aidi tries to pass into better positions, but Lomax is holding him in guard and tries to get a submission from his back. Doesn't happen though.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 3:</strong></p><p>

Both fighters are tired going into the final round, and it doesn't help the proceedings as neither man really has the skill or energy to dominate the other. Late in the round Lomax manages to sprawl Aidi and from there he goes for the back. Aidi rolls out, but Lomax keeps hold of side control and goes for an arm bar which he locks in forcing Aidi to tap out.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner by Submission (Armbar) at 8:21 of Round 3, Freddy 'The Ax' Lomax</strong> (Average)</p><p> </p><p>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> <strong>Carmen Routhwaite</strong> (3-4) vs. <strong>Cindy Dumas</strong> (3-5)</p><p> </p><p>

Early on in the fight it's clear that both fighters aren't interested in going to the ground, opting to stay on their feet and slug it out with each other. Dumas takes some early control pushing Routhwaite against the cage and hitting an elbow that opens a cut over her eye. The referee stops the fight, but the doctor feels that the fight can continue. </p><p> </p><p>

Routhwaite clearly is trying to be more defensive this round as she protects her cut and tries to counter strike against the more aggressive Dumas. Dumas gets control though and once more uses dirty boxing against the cage to dominate Routhwaite.</p><p> </p><p>

The final round and it's clear Dumas is on the winning side, and Routhwaite needs to do something to impress the judges. But it never seems to happen as Dumas hits another elbow that re-opens the cut causing the doctor to come in a second time, once more letting the match go on. And seeing red seems to have done something to her as for the rest of the round she completely dominates Dumas in scary fashion using hard leg kicks and countering with strong and effective punches... But she can't finish Dumas off. So now it's all about the decision from the judges.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>All Judges award this contest to Carmen Routhwaite</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner by Unanimous Decision after 3 rounds , Carmen 'Snap Dragon' Routhwaite</strong> (Decent)</p><p> </p><p>

The fans cannot believe that Carmen has stolen this fight, feeling that Dumas was better in the first two rounds...</p><p> </p><p>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> (#25) <strong>Suzanne Elder</strong> (5-3) Vs. <strong>Daniela Sadorra</strong> (4-3)</p><p> </p><p>

The first round starts off with a bang as both women go all out to beat the other one. And after Elder controls Sadorra on the cage for a few minutes she gets struck in the head and goes down. Sadorra goes in for the kill, but Elder survives and uses her better wrestling to take control of the fight slipping into mount and having control over Sadorra. But the round ends before she can truly get going...</p><p> </p><p>

Sadorra is a lot more weary after the first trying to keep moving and pepper Elder with jabs and kicks which aren't defended very well. Elder is getting picked apart with leg kicks and late in the round her leg buckles and that gives Sadorra an opening to hit a big cross that knocks Elder out cold. Sadorra winning in a dominant striking performance.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner by KO (Punch) at 9:04 of Round 2, Daniela Sadorra</strong> (Good)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> (#20) 'The Rotterdam Rock' <strong>Stella Massey</strong> (6-2) Vs. 'The Maryland Mauler' <strong>Helen Fox</strong> (7-3)</p><p> </p><p>

Massey starts off strong by getting an early takedown, and she looks fired up getting into mount and pounding away on Fox... Fox survives and tries to roll, but gives up her back. From there on a fight for a choke begin, at the end of the round finally getting it but the round ending before Fox taps.</p><p> </p><p>

That first round seemed to have taken the energy out of Massey, who exhausted herself trying for the stoppage... But this second round she once more controls the action, showing her wrestling and controlling Fox against the cage for almost the entire round. It's boring, but effective.</p><p> </p><p>

In what seems a foolish move Fox tries to get to the ground, and she's sprawled onto the ground with Massey in dominant control. From there on a fight for position breaks out with Massey alternating between full mount and back mount. She never gives up the dominant position though as she finally breaks down the defense of Helen Fox and lock in the RNC forcing Fox to tap out or choke out. Massey breaks her losing streak in a dominant fight, but one might wonder how she didn't finish it in the first.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 8:38 of Round 3, 'The Rotterdam Rock' Stella Massey</strong> (Decent)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Co-Main Event:</strong></span></p><p>

<strong>Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> <strong>Emi</strong> 'Red Devil' <strong>Nagano</strong> (4-2) Vs. (#21) <strong>Verona</strong> 'The Samoan Tank' <strong>Joseph</strong> (6-3)</p><p> </p><p>

Verona asks for a grapple and it happens, but she's pushed into the cage by Nagano who uses the trip to get to the ground and into side control. Nagano takes it slow by simply controlling Joseph and letting her do all the work. But the referee breaks them up.</p><p> </p><p>

Nagano looks good as she slams down Joseph and controls her on the ground for another round. Joseph looks really really tired and Nagano seems to have this fight in the bag already...</p><p> </p><p>

Nagano is confident going into the final round, but she's being hunted down by a tired Joseph who knows that she needs to finish the fight to win... At the middle point of the round Nagano decides to go on the offensive and hits a takedown into the cage wall that leaves Joseph seated. Nagano doesn't waste time as she goes for a guillotine choke and Joseph must tap out. Nagano wins a dominant match.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 7:47 of Round 3, Emi 'Red Devil' Nagano</strong> (Average)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Main Event:</strong></span></p><p>

<strong>Non-Title Womens Featherweight Match:</strong> (#10) 'The Arizona Animal' <strong>Sarah Vaughan</strong> (11-2) Vs. (#12) <strong>Umeka Fujiwara</strong> (6-0)</p><p> </p><p>

Round 1 of the main event was a very boring affair. Vaughan used her wrestling ability to get an early takedown, but she only really smothered her opponent and never seemed to be interested in really going anywhere. The fans did not like the round.</p><p> </p><p>

Vaughan clearly has done her homework as she really has no interest in a stand up fight, avoiding the strikes from Fujiwara and then taking her down to the ground and controlling her through smothering.</p><p> </p><p>

Final round and the crowd aren't happy with this main event. Sarah Vaughan slams Fujiwara to the ground and just like the other rounds it's just a pure grind-fest where Vaughan lies on Fujiwara and shows off her wrestling ability... This fight goes to the jury.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>All Judges award this contest to Sarah Vaughan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner by Unanimous Decision after 3 rounds , 'The Arizona Animal' Sarah Vaughan</strong> (Very Poor)</p><p> </p><p>

Vaughan gets booed but despite that she gets a microphone and demands a title match...</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Post Show Info:</strong></span></p><p>

<strong>Fight of the Night:</strong> Daniela Sadorra Vs. Suzanne Elder</p><p>

<strong>KO of the Night:</strong> Daniela Sadorra</p><p>

<strong>Sub of the Night:</strong> Stella Massey</p><p>

<strong>Critical Success:</strong> Average</p><p>

<strong>Commercial Success:</strong> Decent</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Event Results Roundup:</strong></span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/DxL2Wl5.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Predictions:</strong></span></p><p>

Mistaken - 2/6 correct</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">XCC: Vaughan Vs. Fujiwara Post-Fight Interview</span></strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.gyazo.com/4321f41e383584447174b805f99625a3.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/ET6xJdG.png</span></p><p>

<strong>'The Arizona Animal' Sarah Vaughan</strong> (12-2) at the table</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Sarah, you sit here as the winner after beating Umeka Fujiwara by decision tonight. What is your opinion of the fight?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>Everything went how I had planned, I beat Umeka and I done it dominantly so.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Many people have been very critical about your match tonight, calling it nothing more than a glorified lay and pray.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>They can think what they want, I won the fight and that's all that matters.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>But surely you can't be happy with the fight tonight?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>I won, so I'm happy. I don't care about how it happens, I won. If you or the fans think you can do better, then step into the cage yourself. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>After the fight you challenged the Featherweight Champion; Andrea Jones, who is fighting against Vasya Kaczmarek next week for the title. Do you have a preference who you face?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>I don't care who I face, I will beat Andrea and I will beat Vasya. It doesn't matter who'se champion next week because I will beat them. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Do you think you will have more chances against the next champion, even after your poor performance tonight?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>You can bring up this fight as much as you will, but the fact is that I still am the best fighter in this division. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>You hype up the likes of Jones, Kaczmarek and Jameson like they're the second coming of jesus christ. But I only see a bunch of supermodels acting like they're tough. The only reason they are winning is because they're getting fed cans. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>But you yourself got beat twice in the past, once a TKO from Massey who took your title, then a decision loss against Sadorra. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>That TKO was utter bullshit, the ref had it wrong and everyone knew that, besides I got that win back. And Sadorra got handed that win because she's the media darling. As far as I see, I'm still the best female MMA fighter in the world today. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>It's clear you're very confident of your abilities. But do you think you've lost a step in the past years?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong>SV:</strong></span> <em>Hello no I don't. I can beat anyone in that cage. Heck, throw Jake Keane at me and I will make him tap too... I will be champion, there is no one that can stop me from getting the title again. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>Blurcat:</strong></span> <em>Thank you for your time... </em></p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

XCC: Jones Vs. Kaczmarek

http://i.imgur.com/Mu6tJgM.png -VS- http://i.imgur.com/c0ZeuuK.png

Date: Thursday, Week 1, June 2001

Main Event:

Womens Featherweight Championship: (#6 P4P, #4 FW) © 'Little Evil' Andrea Jones (7-1) Vs. (#11 P4P, #9 FW) Vasya Kaczmarek (7-0)

Co-Main Event:

Womens Featherweight Match: (#16) Junko Yamada (6-2) Vs. (#10 P4P, #8 FW) 'The Sniper' Piper Evergood (8-1)

Undercard:

Womens Featherweight Match: Natassia Potocnik (6-2) Vs. 'Vicious by Delicious' Tracy Garcia (7-2)

Womens Featherweight Match: Marion Reynolds (5-5) Vs. Laura 'The Pissed off Angel' Adair (4-2)

Lightweight Match: Folke Dalen (2-2) Vs. 'The Colorado Cobra Ian Linderman (8-6)

Bantamweight Match: Chris Larson (11-9) vs. Marcus 'Macho' Keane (7-7-1)

Rumours:

- After last weeks Main Event, it's clear now that Sarah Vaughan will face the winner of Jones Vs. Kaczmarek.

- The Co-Main event between Yamada and Evergood will certainly be a fight that decides who is a surefire title contender. Evergood is a former champion who lost her title against current defending champion Andrea Jones. But Yamada has 3 wins in 5 fights which puts her in good standing for a future title shot.

- But it's obvious that either will have to wait their turn, because Vaughan has practically demanded the next title shot.

- The winner of this events prediction contest will be able to pick the opponent for XCC Lightweight Champion, Jake Keane. In the event of a tie, the first predictor will be given the honour, with the possibility of the other winner choosing a co-main event opponent.

Prediction sheet: (Bold your pick)

Main Event: 6 Points

-XCC Featherweight Championship: © Andrea Jones Vs. Vasya Kaczmarek

Co-Main Event: 3 Points

-Piper Evergood Vs. Junko Yamada

Undercard: Each fight 1.5 point

-Natassia Potocnik Vs. Tracy Garcia

-Marion Reynolds Vs. Laura Adair

-Folke Dalen Vs. Ian Linderman

-Chris Larson Vs. Marcus Keane

Bonus Questions: 1 point each

1) Will the Main Event end in a Submission, (T)KO, or Decision?

2) Will this card have more Decisions or Stoppages?

3) Will the Co-Main Event get an ''of the night'' bonus?

Submission

Decisions

Yes

Submission

Tie

Yes

Decisions

Decision

Yes

Good to see another diary pop up. I thought I input title histories for the women's FW in the mod. Apparently you missed those, or simply didn't like a prescribed history? Anyhow: have fun with it! Like the fact you're adapting the 3x10 rules. I once used those in a SIGMA game.

TKO

Stoppages (that is if it's still 10 minute rounds)

Maybe..... ok, I'll pick 'no'

XCC: Fighter Report

http://i.imgur.com/2mX6STR.png

Name: Andrea Jones

Nickname: 'Little Evil'

Nationality: USA

Height: 5'4

Pref Weight: 136lbs (Featherweight)

Style: Catch Wrestling

Pro Record: 7-1

Last 5 Fights: W-W-W-W-W

Bio:

Being the youngest champion on the XCC roster isn't an easy task, but Andrea Jones has been impressing since the day she debuted in MMA.

25 years of age and already at the top of womens MMA, Andrea Jones has shown all the naysayers that she is someone to be reckoned with and with a few more wins will no doubt be already among the women MMA legends.

Often compared with the legendary Sarah Vaughan, Andrea thrives on the ground and has made her career out of getting submission victories and dominating her opponents.

But many have said that she's already better than Vaughan has ever been and that she is only going to become better as she continues to fight the best of the best.

After losing her XCC debut to Stella Massey, she refound herself quickly as she went on a 6 fight winning streak which includes winning the title against (then #1) Piper Evergood when she locked in the triangle choke. She followed up that title win with a succesful defense against (then #15) Tracy Garcia through rear naked choke.

But this time around she comes up against her stiffest test to date, namely against Sambo star Vasya Kaczmarek who has the ability to match her ground game and toughness.

Pundits are expecting a war for attrition as they have 50 minutes to walk out as the XCC champion. And if Andrea Jones walks out as the winner once more, she can safely claim that she is the best female MMA fighter in the world today.

Submission

Decisions

No

Main Event:

Womens Featherweight Championship: (#6 P4P, #4 FW) © 'Little Evil' Andrea Jones (7-1) Vs. (#11 P4P, #9 FW) Vasya Kaczmarek (7-0)

Co-Main Event:

Womens Featherweight Match: (#16) Junko Yamada (6-2) Vs. (#10 P4P, #8 FW) 'The Sniper' Piper Evergood (8-1)

Undercard:

Womens Featherweight Match: Natassia Potocnik (6-2) Vs. 'Vicious by Delicious' Tracy Garcia (7-2)

Womens Featherweight Match: Marion Reynolds (5-5) Vs. Laura 'The Pissed off Angel' Adair (4-2)

Lightweight Match: Folke Dalen (2-2) Vs. 'The Colorado Cobra Ian Linderman (8-6)

1) Will the Main Event end in a Submission, (T)KO, or Decision? Submission

2) Will this card have more Decisions or Stoppages? Decisions

3) Will the Co-Main Event get an ''of the night'' bonus? Yes

http://i.imgur.com/Mu6tJgM.png -VS- http://i.imgur.com/c0ZeuuK.png

Date: Thursday, Week 1, June 2001

Attendance: 6,283

PPV Buys: 184,474

Round 1:

A busy first round for both fighters involved as they want to fight and break their long losing streaks. Early on it's clear Larson wants to take this fight to the ground, but Keane isn't having any of that as he stuffs takedown after takedown whilst landing crisp shots on the button.

Round 2:

In the second round Larson looks gassed already, and Keane takes advantage of that from the get go as he avoids sloppy strikes and after a minute or so he knows Larson down to the ground and starts landing a big amount of hard strikes to the face of Larson. The referee steps in and with that Keane dominantly breaks his 6 fight losing streak, and perhaps restarts his stalwart career.

Winner by TKO (Strikes) at 1:24 of Round 2, Marcus 'Macho' Keane (Average)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1:

Folke Dalen starts off the fight well by showing an expert countering fight by picking Linderman apart with smart strikes, and later on starts to control him on the cage and uses some nasty elbows and knees to show that he can hurt his opponent.

Round 2:

But in the second round it's all Linderman as he got orders from his trainer and suddenly Dalen's offense dissapears completely as Linderman uses his opponents cockiness against him with better strikes and after two rounds it's still anyones fight on the scorecards.

Round 3:

Final round and both guys know that they want to finish this fight, and Dalen counters with a couple of hard lefts which are followed up by an inside leg kick from Linderman... Dalen loses focus and throws a bomb which misses terribly and Linderman drops him with a hard right and follows it up with ground strikes that hit their mark. Dalen seems to recover, but before he can the referee jumps in and Linderman takes the win and breaks his losing streak. The fans and Dalen are furious though, as everyone felt Dalen was still in this fight...

Winner by TKO (Strikes) at 1:17 of round 3, 'The Colorado Cobra' Ian Linderman (Good)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1:

A few messy strikes start off the fight, and Reynolds tries to go for a clinch which she gets. From there on she uses her judo skills to toss Adair to the ground with a hip throw which leaves her in side control. Reynolds looks to get an armbar, but Adair stacks her up and ends up in control herself. Reynolds sweeps Adair, but this time she gets back up possibly with a new gameplan.

Round 2:

In the second round it's clear Reynolds used up a lot of energy in the first as she doesn't look all too fresh, and it ends up being a very boring round of circling and trying to get better positioning, but neither can impress...

Round 3:

And with the final round underway, Adair needs to impress a lot to get this fight her way. And impress she does as for 10 minutes long she picks apart Reynolds' defense like a surgeon, making her opponent look amateurish in comparison. Reynolds tries to go to the ground, but she gets sprawled instead giving Adair chances to score more points with hard punches to the head and body of the grounded Reynolds... But the punches lack the power and this fight goes to the judges...

All Judges award this contest to Laura Adair

Winner by Unanimous Decision after 3 rounds , 'The Pissed Off Angel' Laura Adair (Decent)

Round 1:

Time for the final undercard fight of the show. And Garcia begins strong with impressive jabs and kicks that puts Potocnik on her back feet from the opening bell. But late in the first round Garcia misses badly and gets dropped with a viscious right hook that drops her down to the ground. Potocnik secures mount and is ready to finish this as the bell goes...

Round 2:

Garcia knows she almost lost the fight in the previous round, and she looks a lot more cautious this round circling her opponent and trying to use counter striking. It works but she's very tired late into the round, and once more she's dropped with a strong hook to the head where Potocnik gets back mount. But Garcia fights it off like a lioness and eventually manages to get free and to her feet...

Round 3:

The final round, and despite Garcia's better fighting she has been knocked down twice by the heavy handed Russian. Potocnik feels confident and wants to press the attack, but she's suddenly rocked with an unlikely cross to the forehead, she recovers but Garcia is in side control. They fight for submissions and eventually the armbar is applied by Tracy Garcia, who forces Potocnik to tap out.

Winner by Submission (Armbar) at 2:12 of Round 3, 'Viscious but Delicious' Tracy Garcia (Good)

Co-Main Event:

Womens Featherweight Match: (#16) Junko Yamada (6-2) Vs. (#10 P4P, #8 FW) 'The Sniper' Piper Evergood (8-1))

Round 1:

Two contenders are going at each other here as they want to show who is on the forefront for a future title shot. It was set up to be a big fight between two matched opponents, but in the end it was nothing like that as Yamada is completely outmatched by the former champion Evergood who swamps her opponent and drops her with a barrage of strikes and getting the stoppage just over a minute into the first round. This dominant win should put Evergood into a good position for a future shot at the title.

Winner by TKO (Strikes) at 1:06 of Round 1, 'The Sniper' Piper Evergood (Good)

Main Event:

Round 1:

And finally the big main event is underway to decide the female featherweight championship. Jones is confidence in her stand up as she knows Vasya can counter her ground game. But Vasya has other plans as she goes in for a takedown... It doesn't stick though as she is sprawled against the ground and Jones gets half guard. From there a real wrestling clinic breaks out as neither gives an inch and after a while Vasya gives up her back. Normally someone would be in trouble, but Vasya isn't troubled once as she goads her into going for an armbar and counters by getting into side control herself. Vasya has control and looks for the mount, but a scramble breaks out that leaves Jones on top again and finally gets herself into the mount... Just as the bell rings.

Round 2:

The fans are lively after a strong first round, and it looks to become more of the same as Vasya gets a takedown stuffed once again and we're back on the ground. Vasya tries to go for a triangle which is almost locked in, but Jones pulls her arm out. With Vasya becoming tired Jones finally gets into side control. Vasya feels confident about her back guard and rolls, but Jones gets the hooks in and suddenly Vasya is in big trouble. Vasya tries to use her power advantage to break the hooks, but they are simply locked in too tightly and Jones takes her time to lock in the RNC, and despite all her fighting Vasya knows she has to tap out...

After a true ground showcase Andrea Jones manages to overcome her biggest challenge to date.

Winner by Submission (Armbar) at 5:54 of Round 2, and STILL XCC Womens Featherweight Champion 'Little Evil' Andrea Jones Defense #2 (Good)

Post Show Info:

Fight of the Night: Andrea Jones Vs. Vasya Kaczmarek

KO of the Night: Piper Evergood

Sub of the Night: Andrea Jones

Critical Success: Good

Commercial Success: Great

Event Results Roundup:

http://i.imgur.com/OcPg0tM.png

Post-Event Announcements:

- After losing his 5th fight in a row, Chris Larson has been released from his contract. He finishes his XCC run with a 2-7 record.

- XCC have also decided to release Female Featherweight Marion Reynolds, in her XCC career she had a 4-6 record.

- XCC has signed Brian 'Barrage' Claremont, a featherweight brawler who has a 7-1 record on the independent scene, he will now look to test his mettle against other XCC fighters.

Predictions:

CageRage - 17 points

Jaded - 16 points

Celuwyn - 15.5 points

Blackman - 13 points

DeeGood - 8.5 points

Grits207 - 7 points

CageRage wins this events Prediction contest, had he chosen for ''more stoppages'' he would have gotten the maximum 18 points. You will receive a PM where you will be able to pick Jake Keane's next title challenger.

The next show will be a 3-fight TV Show. The winner of that contest will be able to choose the July TV show's Main event fight. My next post will be a post-fight interview post.

XCC: Jones Vs. Kaczmarek Post-Fight Interview

http://i.gyazo.com/4321f41e383584447174b805f99625a3.png

http://i.imgur.com/Mu6tJgM.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GiPTAIn.png

'little evil' Andrea Jones (8-1) and 'The Sniper' Piper Evergood (9-1) at the table

Blurcat: Andrea, another fight and another impressive win. How does it feel to have another title defense under your belt?

AJ: It feels really good. There were a few moments in the fight where I thought I wouldn't walk out, but I managed to do it.

Blurcat: This is your fifth fight in a row where you win via submission, four of those submissions came by Rear Naked Choke. Do you plan to win like that?

AJ: Well me and my team train for all eventualities, and that includes submissions. But it's not like I go into the fight seeking the choke, I just take what i'm given.

Blurcat: Vasya was known as a dominant ground fighter, but you nullified her game and then submitted her. Are you shocked at the result?

AJ: Well, not really. No disrespect to Vasya who'se a great fighter, but I always want to win and knowing I stopped her game just shows how good my gameplan was.

Blurcat: Well you're sitting next to Piper Evergood, the person you beat for the title last year. Did you watch her match earlier tonight?

AJ: I didn't no. I was simply too busy preparing, Piper can no doubt agree with that sentiment. But knowing her reputation and hearing how she won, it doesn't surprise me. She's a great fighter, she showed that once more.

Blurcat: Piper, did you watch Andrea's title fight? And did you expect her to win?

PE: I didn't watch it, I was too busy with post-fight examinations. But I knew she was going to win, she beat me after all and it takes a special kind of fighter to do that.

Blurcat: Does that mean you're not interested in fighting her for the title?

PE: I never said that. I've got loads of respect for Andrea, but if I get the shot I will take it and next time around I'm confident I can win my title back.

Blurcat: Unfortunately for you, you'll have to wait in line for that title shot, since Sarah Vaughan has firmly demanded to fight Jones first.

PE: Sadly enough that's true yes. It seems that sometimes you can talk yourself to a title shot. Not a knock on Sarah's ability, but her running down everyone else didn't struck the right chord with me.

Blurcat: Sounds like some bad blood between the two of you.

PE: I had nothing against Sarah, I respected her for the legend she is. But if you're gonna run down the entire division because you can't handle losing, then that's reason enough for me to dislike you. She needs to back up her words, rather than blame others for her losses.

Blurcat: What's your opinion Andrea?

AJ: I gotta agree with Piper on this one. All of us train every day to get to the top of this business, we both have held gold and that's not just because of our ''pretty faces''. We fight just as hard as Vaughan, and to hear her talk us down and call us ''models'' is disrespectful, it doesn't hurt us, it hurts all other female MMA fighters fighting every day for a shot.

Blurcat: Yet you're gonna be facing her for the title. Would you rather fight Piper or Sarah?

AJ: I'm not gonna speculate like that. I know that people love the controversial statments like Sarah does, but I'm not gonna devolve myself to her level... I'm gonna fight whoever they tell me to fight, and I won't have a single problem in kicking Sarah's words back down her throat. And after that, well I'd love to face Piper in a big time rematch for all the marbles.

Blurcat: Thank you both for your time...

Archived