Supreme Wrestling Federation: 79' and Onward!

http://i58.tinypic.com/i4emj5.jpg

...SWF Presents...

KING OF THE SQUARED CIRCLE 79'

A pre-filmed highlight reel of past King of the Squared Circle champions is aired to the crowd in attendance. Mayhem Midden's 1976 win over Burt Selleck to win the inaugural championship... then, it's Powerhouse Patterson's 1977 victories over Ken Wakata, Hagar Erikson & finally, Richie Pangrazzio Jr. to win the championship, as well as a shot at the US Championship which he would eventually win... Next, it's on to 78', where Rip Chord would start his meteoric rise to the top of the SWF ladder, winning not only the King of the Squared Circle tournament, but kicking off a run that would culminate in a Challenge 78' World Heavyweight Championship victory over Micky Starr. Yes, Chord's tournament final win against George DeColt may have cemented his name in wrestling history.

Now... it's 1979 and it is once again time for a new champion to emerge from the crowd. Who will be... the next... King of the Squared Circle!

---

Before the tournament even kicks off, Micky Starr is out to address the crowd. He announces that his scheduled match with Sam Strong will not be taking place this evening. Unfortunately, Strong has injured himself in the week leading up to the event, and due to the severity of the injury he was advised not to compete. Although the crowd is visibly disappointed, Starr lets them know that he is sure that everyone else competing tonight will put on an excellent show, and that he will soon get his chance to put hands on Sam Strong.

---

Quarter Final Recap

Sid Streets woulds stamp put himself on the map with a big victory over Wild Man Sullivan in the show opener. Streets has been trying to pull away from the Streets Family more and more in every appearance, and after all the tension that he has caused in his family, a coveted King of the Squared Circle trophy could make it all worth it.

Saionji Omura made his debut in the first Sunday Slamfest of 1979, winning a tag team match with his partner Angus McCloud. However, this evening, he was looking for singles gold, and he made a great step towards that this evening as he plowed through Percy Devine to earn a spot in the semi-finals.

Frank Rock upset Texas-fan favorite Johnny Boy Tucker as he used his sheer size advantage (and a little help from Coach Dick...) to absolutely maul the young Texan. Rock made short work of his opponent and earned himself a very unlikely spot in the semi-finals.

Dusty Streets was the final man to earn himself a spot in the semi-finals, channeling all of his energy into edging out the always tough Baron Von Rambis. Rambis returned in 1977 to attempt to dethrone Micky Starr at Golden Dreams, and ever since failing that, he's been trying to find any way back into the title picture, by any means necessary. Dusty put a halt to those hopes and is hoping to earn the respect of his brother Sid, who seems to think he is the only member in the Streets Family destined for anything. Rocky & Dusty will hope to pull Sid back in and remain a unit, but it will be up to Dusty to prove his brother wrong this evening.

---

We head backstage as Buddy Hollar and Rick Rumble are chatting and discussing this evening's tournament. Rumble complained about his inability to compete in the tournament tonight due to greater concerns for his own safety. In coincidental fashion, it is at that exact moment that Papa Voodoo appears, looking for a brawl. Buddy Hollar clears himself out of the way as the two big men go at it, as security rushes to the area to separate the two men. Voodoo spews some of his typical jibber-jabber and fades into obscurity as Rick Rumble attempts to catch his breath.

---

http://i62.tinypic.com/11v4i81.jpghttp://i59.tinypic.com/2u9tunc.jpg vs http://i57.tinypic.com/353d283.jpghttp://i62.tinypic.com/24b20au.jpg

Deadly Gamble © vs The Wrecking Crew (Lars Mitchell & Bill Mitchell)

SWF Tag Team Championships

It's Lars Mitchell & Ace McQueen who start this tag-team affair, as McQueen looks to get some quick advantages with a little cheap shot. Mitchell bounces back and shows us why the Wrecking Crew is considered the top challengers to the belts, showcasing some lightning fast technical wrestling that leaves McQueen on his back in a dangerous position. McQueen lands a deadly up-kick that sends Mitchell into the ropes, allowing McQueen to make the tag and allowing Black Jack to make his way into the ring.

Black Jack puts up some good offense before suffering the same fate as his partner, this time finding himself cornered in Wrecking Crew territory. The Mitchells continue to pound on Black Jack, one by one, tagging themselves in and out and taking the fight to the tag team champion. Black Jack makes his way back to his corner to make the tag and a visibly tired Lars Mitchell tries to catch his breath. Luckily he ducks under a big clothesline from Ace McQueen and manages to jump to his corner to make the tag. Bill Mitchell hops in the ring and unfortunately McQueen is back in his groove. McQueen lands shot after shot, throw after throw, and eventually plants Bill Mitchell on his face with a brutal DDT. Black Jack circles around the ring to keep Lars Mitchell busy, and Ace McQueen picks up the pin to defend the belts.

---

Semi-Final Recap

Sid Streets put on another great performance, maybe proving to more and more fans that he really is the real deal. Saionji Omura put up a good fight but in the end it was not enough to stop the young man from taking what he felt was rightfully his. Sid Streets tears through the Japanese import to make a run for the championship, and placing himself in the finals.

Dusty Streets also put on a great show for the fans in attendance, as he cleaned house on Frank Rock. The finals will be a family affair, and one can only imagine how Rocky Streets is feeling in the backstage area. Buddy Hollar announces that we'll indeed find out just how he's feeling as he'll be joining the two men on the commentary desk for the final match.

---

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rgowg0.jpg vs http://i57.tinypic.com/263irmu.jpg

Crippler Ray Kingman © vs Ares Aegalus

SWF United States Championship

Ares Aegalus is no stranger to championship gold, although he's never tasted SWF gold. The three time King of Wrestling has felt the effects of age this past year, making trips down to SWF's development league, Rocky Mountain Wrestling, to train the youth of tomorrow, and hopping between both jobs. Aegalus looks to take one last shot at glory this evening, and with retirement looming, the "Crippler" looked to prove himself against the elite (albeit a battered, weaker version). Nonetheless, the "Crippler" did his thing, dragging the titan around the ring, utilizing rest holds to his advantage and eventually bringing the legendary Aegalus to his knees for a sleeper hold for the ages. The titan refused to tap out, and as such, the "Crippler" laid his unconscious body on the canvas for the three count, celebrating another successful title defense.

---

http://i57.tinypic.com/r0ruyh.jpg vs http://i62.tinypic.com/2cr2c0j.jpg

Sid Streets vs Dusty Streets

SWF King of the Squared Circle Championship

This is going to be one for the ages. Rocky Streets joined Hollar & Johnson at the commentary table. The men settle into their seats at ringside as the two competitors vying for the 79' King of the Squared Circle honors make their way down to the ring.

Dusty is all business on his way past the crowd, as he has no intention of looking past his brother in order to please the crowd in attendance. The normally high-energy, crowd favorite has turned into a quiet man on a mission. Dusty has the responsibility of bringing his brother back to earth, and Sid is not going to go down without a fight.

Sid, on the other hand, has an arrogant expression on his face. His smirk alone is enough to antagonize his brother & father, both now at ringside.

Rocky Streets: I just don't know what we did to deserve this. All I've ever wanted was for my boys to win some gold but not like this.

As Sid hops down to the ring, playing to the crowd (most of which wanting none of it, feeling as betrayed as the Streets family by the youngest son). However, there are a few young boys in attendance who jump for joy at the sight of their idol. Sid gives a few of them high fives, much to the dismay of their fathers in attendance.

As Sid finally makes it to ringside, the two boys hop into the ring and go to their respective corners as Bob Johnson takes his leave from the commentary desk to do his announcing duties. Rocky eagerly watches from the sidelines, clearly wanting to be more involved but knowing he has to sit and watch.

Bob introduces the man on his left, the anxious Dusty Streets, yet he looks less and less anxious and more and more intense by the second. The utterance of his very name is met by resounding cheers from the crowd. His brother, on the other hand, was a different story. As soon as Bob Johnson announced Sid Streets' name to the crowd, he was met by a mix of boos and cheers, the crowd still seemingly confused as to how they feel about him.

Bob makes his way back to the commentary table, as we hear a little bit of chatter between Streets & Hollar.

Buddy Hollar: So how do you really feel about this Rocky?

Rocky Streets: Honestly Buddy, I want to believe and I will believe that we are still a family no matter what. I might not be happy about what Sid's doing, but I'm still his dad and Dusty's still his brother. Win or lose, we are a family, and deep down I think Sid knows that.

With that, the bell had already rung and the match was underway. By the end of this one, we were going to have a new member of the SWF roster carve their name into the record books. Sid and Dusty lock horns in the center of the ring and toss each other a round a bit before the two boys finally start going at it.

Buddy Hollar: Lock up your china mom, the boys are at it again!

Sid and Dusty swing back and forth at each other, neither brother wanting to give the other the upper hand. Each strike from Dusty is met by an even bigger one from Sid. Both men match each other each and every time, with neither man letting the other shake them in the slightest bit.

Bob Johnson: So who used to beat on who at home Rocky?

Rocky Streets: Sid was the youngest so he always felt he had something to prove, but Dusty always took it to him when it happened. I won't lie though, Sid might just be a little better than him now. Dusty learned from me, Sid went his own way and I honestly don't know what tricks he has up his sleeve anymore.

An arm-drag from Sid sends Dusty rolling to the corner of the ring. Dusty hops back to his feet and lands a nice clothesline that collides with an incoming Sid. Both men roll around on the ground trying to get the advantage, jockeying for position, and it's Sid who comes out on top, holding Dusty in what looks to be a sleeper hold. Dusty manages to break free, flipping Sid over his shoulder in the process. Dusty catches Sid in a hold similar to a surfboard stretch, but Sid reaches the rope with his foot, forcing Dusty to release.

Minutes continue to pass and the two men get more and more exhausted. It looks like Sid is the more fresh of the two, but that's not saying much anymore. A weak attempt at a clothesline, however, leaves Sid with his back to his brother. Dusty takes advantage and fires a boot to the back of Sid's leg, after which he rolls his brother up, Sid trying to clutch his leg in pain.

One... Two... Thr... Kick Out.

Sid just manages to get himself out of the roll-up but is still obviously in pain. He realizes he has to move fast otherwise he'll miss out on his opportunity. He hops to his feet and goes to bounce off the ropes, but he is met by a violent spear tackle from Dusty Streets.

One... Two... Three!

Dusty Streets is the new King of the Squared Circle!

Rocky Streets: Oh my god.

Dusty leaps around the ring in excitement. Rocky smiles from the outside of the ring as his eldest plays to the crowd. Rocky grabs the trophy and crown from ringside and presents it to his son, who responds with a hug. Rocky then goes to hug his youngest, but Sid wants none of it. He seemingly gets over the pain in his leg for a long enough time to roll himself out of the ring and hustle his way to the backstage area, leaving just Dusty & Rocky in the ring, wondering what will happen next. But for now, it's purely celebration for the two Streets', as the father and son celebrate in front of the crowd as we prepare for the World Championship clash to come.

---

http://i57.tinypic.com/2upr7uc.jpg vs http://i61.tinypic.com/14mudxx.jpg

Rip Chord © vs Hagar Erikson

SWF World Heavyweight Championship

A little back-story leading into this one. Rip Chord is the first to legitimately pin Micky Starr to win the World Championship, Hagar Erikson was the first to "technically" pin Micky Starr, although his was ruled out due to his use of the ropes for leverage. Rip Chord defeated Hagar Erikson to make his way to the finals of his historic King of the Squared Circle victory in 1978. Hagar Erikson also turned face in his saving of Chief Two Eagles from a Rip Chord assault last week on Sunday Slamfest, which would set the stage for their World Title clash this evening.

Rip Chord and Hagar Erikson make their no-nonsense walks to the ring. Rip Chord laughs at the crowd in attendance as he rocks his leather jacket and Heavyweight Championship, much to the dismay of the crowd who still haven't gotten over his victory over Micky Starr six months ago. Hagar Erikson also got some boos from the crowd in attendance, not sure if they can trust the behemoth of a man who previously tried so hard to take out their hero Micky Starr.

Rip Chord was the first to mount any real offense once the match started, as expected. Chord sent out a flurry of punches that would send Hagar stumbling into the ropes and actually startle the fans in attendance. Hagar, although primarily recognized as a villain in the crowd's eyes, was still their last hope to remove Chord from championship status, and as much as they still didn't trust him, he was their only hope tonight.

Chord continued to beat on Hagar, just as he had at last year's King of the Squared Circle event. Flashbacks began to play back in Hagar's head, as he clearly was not in the match like he was expected to be. Hagar is normally a very game contender and tonight he just wasn't looking like one.

Finally, things began to click. Hagar started to visualize what he did wrong last year and began to adjust accordingly. Chord's game plan in his matches was very simple. He was very good at intimidating his opponent and throwing his opponent off of his own game just due to his sheer confidence in himself, yet he never came off as arrogant because he was always able to back his talk up.

Hagar finally managed to avoid some of Chord's typical offense and mount some of his own. A suplex... another suplex... another suplex! Chord is now rolling around the ring trying to get away from the big man who is now building up some of his own confidence and taking some away from the World Champion. Chord has come off as seemingly unbeatable in the past six months and this is the first time since his match-up with Micky Starr last year that he's really shown any weakness and signs of backing down.

Hagar gets overeager though, and rushes in for the kill just a little too early. Maybe way too early. Chord ducks under a massive lariat that forces Erikson to clutch the ropes for dear life, for fear of his momentum throwing him over the top rope and to the ground below. A dangling Erikson is prone to a big dropkick from Rip Chord that sends him over the ropes, but still on the apron. He gets his wits about him once again, and gets himself back into the ring.

Hagar once again looks about as confident as he did at the beginning of this match, which isn't a good sign of things to come. Chord begins to mount his usual offense again and Erikson just can't get back into the right rhythm. Chord hits him with a big boot to the stomach that forces Hagar to reel in pain, and yet Chord continues to play with him instead of hitting his patented Rip Chord DDT. A couple more punches sends Hagar into the ropes, desperately trying to stay on his feet. Chord hits a running knee to the gut of the big man which sets him up for the perfect Rip Chord DDT, planting his face into the canvas and leaving him in a perfect position for the pin. Chord places his foot on his downed opponent's chest and tells the referee to start counting. The big man cant get back on his feet to beat the three count, and the crowd begins to boo as the three count is finished. Rip Chord is still the World Heavyweight Champion, and the fans could not be any more upset.

Final Grade: B+

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.vendettaprowrestling.com/affiliates-sponsors/pwilogo.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2cr2c0j.jpghttp://i57.tinypic.com/2b2qlg.jpghttp://i57.tinypic.com/r0ruyh.jpg

A FAMILY DIVIDED

It was almost six months ago today that Sid Streets made the decision to turn his back on the Streets Family. A decision that Rocky Streets says "haunts him to this day".

Upon speaking with the father of the second generation Streets, Rocky claims that he goes to sleep every night thinking about the look in Sid's eyes, and every little movement he made in turning on his brother in what would've been their 24th SWF Tag Team title defense. Dusty & Sid had beaten Deadly Gamble on a few separate occasions over the previous year and a half, although with the small size of the SWF's tag team division, it was fairly easy to find a team making a quick return to title contention. That was the case for Deadly Gamble, who were taking their fifth shot at the Streets of Rage in eighteen months.

Looking back, the Streets boys had never looked better. They looked virtually unbeatable over the course of those eighteen months, defending their titles an astounding twenty-three times. At twenty years old, Sid Streets had held on to an SWF championship belt for a year and a half, that's longer than most people last in the land of the Supreme. Dusty himself had held the title belts with his father, and his reign with his brother Sid was a whopping four-times longer, with four times as many title defenses.

For Rocky, however, it wasn't the length of the reign that mattered. That four month reign was enough for Rocky to call it the highlight of his career, and that might be why it hurt so much to see Sid turn on Dusty. Obviously Rocky wants to see his kids succeed, but for Sid to make the big move like he did, it's obviously not the way he expected to see them succeed.

Things took a turn for the worst when Sid and Dusty lost their first match to Hagar Erikson & Ares Aegalus in a title match, but because Dusty was counted out, they did not lose their belts. Sid was visibly frustrated with his brother, but chose not to let anything out on camera, instead giving his brother the silent treatment during the weeks leading up to The Challenge 1978. Sid would then turn on his brother mid-match against Deadly Gamble, setting the stage for the biggest upset the Tag Team division had ever seen in the Supreme Wrestling Federation, let alone on the biggest stage they have to offer.

Ever since that faithful day in July of 78', Sid has been on a mean streak, taking every single opportunity he has to slander and step over his brother & father, refusing to acknowledge them for what they have done for him. The endless rants & taunts directed at his family, all of which have been all but shrugged off by his brother & father. The wounds are deeper than ever for Rocky, who has had to sit back and watch his sons quarrel over something he himself never achieved: an SWF World Heavyweight Championship.

The quarreling would hopefully be done and over with by the time January had rolled around, as both Dusty & Sid would qualify for the King of the Squared Circle tournament, and both men were coincidentally seeded so that they could both potentially make it to the finals. Well, they did. In what could arguably be called the greatest match to date of both boys' respective careers, Dusty would just edge his brother out in becoming the 1979 winner, and earning himself an eventual shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. Sid stormed out of the ring, which was of no reassurance to Rocky, who hoped that his son would be humbled by the loss and come back to his family. That was not the case, and now we are left with the questions that will hopefully be answered on this week's SWF Sunday Slamfest.

Rocky has been telling everyone as of late, "not to worry, we're still a family". But the question remains, is he trying to convince the fans, or himself?

SWF Sunday Slamfest, Episode #98

Main Event

Sam Strong vs Saionji Omura

Dusty Streets vs Ares Aegalus

The Blazin' Flames (Joey & Teddy Flame) vs The All-Star Team (Ken Wakata & Maxwell Aland)

Crippler Ray Kingman vs Cheatin' Mike Barstow

Main Event

The Blazin' Flames (Joey & Teddy Flame) vs The All-Star Team (Ken Wakata & Maxwell Aland)

My name is foolinc and I support this prediction. Always nice to see a 70s C-Verse run. :)

Main Event

Would love to DL this mod somewhere.

http://i.imgur.com/PcAYinq.jpg

...SWF Presents...

SUNDAY SLAMFEST

Sam Strong is caught on camera backstage with Buddy Hollar. Hollar asks him if his injuries are fully healed for his match with Saionji Omura this evening. Strong goes on to tell Hollar that he is completely ready for his match this evening, and the last few days of rest have really made the difference. However, there's always somebody waiting in the wings, and tonight it was Micky Starr. Starr storms onto the set and steals the microphone from Buddy Hollar, instantly tearing into Strong for ducking him at King of the Squared Circle just four days ago. Strong & Starr go back and forth with each other with Buddy Hollar just hoping the two don't come to blows, and the argument ends with Starr questioning the legitimacy of Strong's injury, having a firm belief that he only ducked him to make sure he would have an easy match on tonight's episode of Sunday Slamfest. Strong brushes it off and slicks back his hair before storming off, all without giving Buddy Hollar a chance to sign off.

---

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rgowg0.jpg vs http://i.imgur.com/jVAaMT0.jpg

Crippler Ray Kingman © vs Cheatin' Mike Barstow

Kingman proved why he is the top dog in the race for the United States Championship once again this evening, this time against a very game Mike Barstow. Unfortunately the young man never got a chance to live up to his name, as every attempt to get the upper hand (legal or not) was met by a counter attack that was almost as if Kingman was fighting himself. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before the Crippler would end the night of another potential challenger, as his Sleeper Hold would leave his latest challenger on the mat. Barstow, however, was at least smart enough to tap out.

---

Shortly after the match, things weren't looking as good for Ray Kingman, as it only took about sixty seconds before Mayhem Midden had appeared from the backstage area. With a sprint that resembled that of an Olympic athlete, Midden had hit the ring and attacked the US Champion, throwing a flurry of punches as his rival lay on the canvas. The Crippler was able to roll away and duck under a wild swing from Midden, and at that point another Sleeper Hold was applied. But Midden did not go down like the rest of Kingman's former challengers did. Midden broke free. Kingman stood there in shock as Midden rolled out of the ring to catch his breath. A smug grin was visible underneath his beard, he knew what it took now. What does this mean for Kingman? How will he deal with the fact that his go-to move is no longer as fool-proof as it seemed?

---

We once again cut to the backstage area where Rick Rumble and Buddy Hollar resume their conversation from King of the Squared Circle. As their last discussion was interrupted by Papa Voodoo, Hollar has asked that all precautions be taken prior to the interview, and allowed Rick Rumble to call his nemesis out on screen. Rumble begged Voodoo to face him in the ring, one on one, no gimmicks. Rumble told everyone that he was ready to beat Voodoo senseless to prove that he's not really as scary as he makes people think he is. The lights flicker in the backstage area and Rumble stares even deeper into the camera. "I'm not scared of you anymore" are the final audible words as the lights flicker some more and we cut back to the in-ring action.

---

http://i.imgur.com/sMSvgxZ.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/oCYZ2Ic.jpg vs http://i.imgur.com/S90vi4E.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2xILdKr.jpg

The Blazin' Flames (Joey & Teddy Flame) vs The All-Star Team (Maxwell Aland & Ken Wakata)

This is a very predictable match for the fans in attendance. The All-Star Team has had it's ups and downs over the last two years, maybe even more downs than ups. Although they can always be relied on to put on a good fight, they're never the first pick to win. That statement rang true this evening, as the Blazin' Flames put out a performance that was similar to a two starving dogs at a steak house, as they had a visible hunger for more after every move they made. These two are looking at another opportunity for the belts if they keep performing like that.

---

http://i57.tinypic.com/263irmu.jpg vs http://i62.tinypic.com/2cr2c0j.jpg

Ares Aegalus vs Dusty Streets

Possibly the toughest singles match other than his finals victory at King of the Squared Circle earlier this week, Dusty Streets looked to put another big feather in his cap by beating the legendary Ares Aegalus. Although Aegalus' own performance at King of the Squared Circle was very lackluster, a win over a legend is still a win over a legend. Dusty seemed very focused on his goal this evening, more than ever. It's possible his tournament victory gave him a new found confidence in himself that could very well lead him to championship gold before the year is over. Some stiff strikes would leave Aegalus on his back struggling to get back to his feet. Streets would take advantage of his momentum, hitting him harder and harder each and every time. However, it's not until Sid Streets shows up on the entrance ramp that Dusty really showed a sense of urgency. Dusty went for the finish and put Aegalus away with a big sidewalk slam for the win.

---

Sid Streets has a microphone in hand while he stands at the top of the entrance ramp. Electing not to refer to his brother by name, Sid referred to his brother as simply that; "brother". After going over the events that took place earlier this week, Sid declared that the only reason he lost in the final match was because he had faced harder competition in the matches leading up to it. Sid went on to verbally attack Baron Von Rambis & Frank Rock, calling them sad excuses for wrestlers and letting them know that if the door opens, it's in their best interests to not let it hit them on the way out. Sid finishes off his rant by apologizing to his father; who would also remain nameless (to nobody's surprise). Sid apologized for not being the one to win the Tag Team Championships with his father, and that he was sorry to have to be the one to want bigger and better things for himself. Sid stood atop the entrance ramp facing off with his brother as the show went to commercial break.

---

http://i.imgur.com/jhUV5Tx.jpg vs http://i.imgur.com/WVyilnP.jpg

Saionji Omura vs Sam Strong

Sam Strong was in this match to prove not only to the fans that he really is a main event level wrestler, but also to prove to Micky Starr that he is not to be played with. Angus McCloud stood ringside as his partner Omura tried to win the biggest match of his career, but it was Strong's confidence that led him to the victory this evening. Omura's balls did play a part in the offense that he was able to mount, however, Strong's ability to thrive under pressure was the telling factor in this match-up. Omura slowly lost confidence as his offense wasn't effective, and as he got weaker, Strong got stronger. Once the storm was over, it was the Sam Strong show, as he went to town on his opponent, eventually putting him a way with a massive power-bomb to finish off a ragged-looking Saionji Omura. Strong plays to the crowd a little bit before we cut backstage one last time.

---

Hagar Erikson & Rip Chord face off in front of Buddy Hollar one last time for the cameras. It's been announced that as long as Hagar does not lose a match in the weeks leading up to The Wrestling Classic, his title shot request would be granted. The two men get into each other's faces a little bit, and after a little pushing and shoving, all bets are off. Chord is the first to swing, staggering the big man who fires back with a shot of his own. The officials pour into the backstage area as the champion and hopeful challenger fire punch after punch at each other. Buddy Hollar gets lost in the mix of things, and Bob Johnson elects to sign off for the two men, allowing the carnage to play out a little more before the show fades to black.

Final Grade: B-

http://i.imgur.com/2j02iJM.jpghttp://i57.tinypic.com/r0ruyh.jpg

ROCK & STREETS BACKSTAGE DRAMA

It appears it's not just Rocky & Dusty Streets that are upset with Sid following last week's Sunday Slamfest.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has learned that Frank Rock was apparently very upset at Sid Streets' use of his name in his improvised rant last week, primarily aimed at his family members, but also directly mentioning himself & Baron Von Rambis.

Frank Rock has been very vocal about his push over the last few months. Having sat around the midcard for a little while, he's been very eager to make his way into the main event scene; where the "big money" is made. As Sid has made his way into the main event scene thanks to his feud with his family (a feud which has actually not just elevated Sid to the main event scene, but also Dusty), Frank feels his been lost in the shuffle once again. The real question is, how can one be lost in the shuffle when they were never really in the deck.

It's true, Frank Rock has done some good things in his tenure with the SWF. His three best matches in the company involved one or more of the Streets' family members. Unfortunately for Rock, the majority of the time, the bad outweighs the good. A series of lackluster performances against talent designed to make Rock look good. Jobbers like Flyin' Ryan O'Brian aren't even able to make Rock look like a credible threat to any of the titles in the promotion, let alone the World Heavyweight Championship; the crown jewel of the SWF.

This lack of a push however, almost led the two men to come to blows, as Rock made a move towards Sid that resulted in the two men being called into Richard Eisen's office. Frank was given a stern warning, which was hopefully enough to scare him away from trying to force his way into a push through his backstage antics.

Our Pro Wrestling Illustrated prediction contest for Sunday Slamfest is also in, and our lucky winner (or winners) this week are: Uncrewed & foolinc

SWF Sunday Slamfest, Episode #99

Main Event

Papa Voodoo vs George DeColt

Micky Starr vs Sheik Mustafa

Hagar Erikson vs Frank Rock

Sid Streets vs Master Fuji

Wow...there's a Master Fuji in '70s C-Verse? :eek: And you gotta dig that Sam Strong pornstache...brother!

Papa Voodoo vs George DeColt

The Master Fuji name is actually my own doing haha. His original name was Yodo Nakane but he was billed as Fujiyama the Samurai during his time at CPW. I guess I just had a little Freuidian slip and just repackaged him as something I had heard before.

http://i.imgur.com/PcAYinq.jpg

...SWF Presents...

SUNDAY SLAMFEST

After the typical Sunday Slamfest opening sequence is finished, Mayhem Midden is backstage with Buddy Hollar. He's accompanied by his One Percenters teammate, The Night Rider. Midden elects to ignore all questions that Hollar has prepared, instead choosing to steal his microphone and pass it to his partner. The two men spend some quality face time with the cameras as they taunt Crippler Ray Kingman. Midden latches onto the fact that he was able to escape Kingman's deadly sleeper hold and will not allow it to be easily forgotten. As he continues to rip on the United States Champion, Hollar manages to make his way back into the frame and calm the two men down, who then chose to leave the backstage area.

---

http://i57.tinypic.com/r0ruyh.jpg vs http://i61.tinypic.com/2wrgms9.jpg

Sid Streets is in an interesting position leading up to this match. He was unable to convert his forward momentum into a victory at King of the Squared Circle when it mattered, and now he is forced to watch his brother become the focal point of the family. Although that may be the case in a normal family, it's very clear that Sid is not going to let that happen any time soon. As he took one one of the most game competitors in the Supreme Wrestling Federation, Sid Streets mixed in a combination of a furious attack, both physical & verbal. Master Fuji was able to keep up with him almost every step of the way, but as usual, Sid was able to find the way to win and continues his ascent through the ranks.

---

Sid didn't have much time to celebrate, as within mere moments Dusty Streets had hit the ring. The two men swing wildly at each other as they clearly have some things to sort out. As their father is nowhere to be found, whether he is watching or ignoring what is going on the ring is no longer the question. The question now is whether Dusty or Sid will be in a good enough condition to compete by next month, let alone next week at the rate they're hitting each other. A couple officials manage to separate the two and push them into opposite corners of the ring, and as Sid smirks, Dusty looks ready to start foaming at the mouth. Sid sticks his arm out and points at his brother and lets out a laugh as we cut to commercial.

---

http://i57.tinypic.com/wio58l.jpg vs http://i.imgur.com/2j02iJM.jpg

Had all of the fans in attendance known the full detail about Frank Rock's actions earlier this week, this match would have very clearly been an ideal time to hit the restrooms or the snack bar. Hagar Erikson absolutely mopped the floor with the All-Star squad member, who was totally outclassed by the multiple time title challenger. By the end of the match, Rock was gasping for air begging for the end to come, and his wish was Hagar's command, as he violently threw Rock to the ground and scored the victory.

---

Hagar Erikson grabbed a microphone as he celebrated for the fans in attendance. Interestingly enough, the fans still don't know whether to cheer for the big man or whether to do otherwise. They still don't trust him. Hagar told the crowd not to fear, as they shared a common enemy with him: Rip Chord. The very mention of Chord's name would lead to a loud chorus of booing & hissing in the crowd, as Hagar ate up the fact that there was at least someone that the crowd could support him in defeating. Chord would not appear at any time during the rant, as we all expected him to. However, his presence would indeed be felt, but maybe not just at that particular moment.

---

http://i57.tinypic.com/hugihi.jpg vs http://i57.tinypic.com/300d14x.jpg

The former threat to the United States Championship put up a good fight in arguably the best competitor to ever compete in the SWF. Sheik Mustafa would take the fight to Starr all over the ring, showing a never say die attitude that many wished he would've shown in his chase for the United States Championship. Be that as it may, however, Micky Starr would eventually begin to find his groove and become the aggressor, ready to look for the finish at any time. He would find his opportunity, catching a soaring Sheik in mid-air from the top turnbuckle, where he would drop him on his back and pin him for the victory.

---

Micky Starr wipes the sweat from his brow and grabs a microphone. He promises to make this short and sweet, but with the amount of cheering to be accounted for during a Micky Starr promo, it was clear that we were going to be here for awhile. Micky Starr promised the fans that it was his ultimate goal to reach the World Heavyweight Championship once again, but it was his immediate goal to put Sam Strong in his place. Because nobody comes into Micky Starr's house and acts like they own it. He calls Strong out for being nervous, not injured, at King of the Squared Circle. He tears into Strong for his inability to finish Saionji Omura in a manner that showed 100% dominance, like a real champion would. Starr returns the microphone to the commentary desk and plays to the crowd a little bit, signing programs & t-shirts and the like as we fade into a commercial break.

---

http://i58.tinypic.com/t9flsm.jpg vs http://i61.tinypic.com/1zoun3o.jpg

George DeColt vs Papa Voodoo

Papa Voodoo finally steps into the ring on television this week, against a very prepared George DeColt. DeColt has been a mainstay of Sunday Slamfest over the last year or so, which means that he is much more prepared for the bright lights than Papa Voodoo. Voodoo also has the disadvantage of having to consider a possible interference from Rick Rumble. Of course, Murphy's law dictates that if something can go wrong; it will. Rumble appears at ringside, making his way through the crowd, and paces around the ring like a shark circling its prey. Although he never directly gets involved in the action, he is indirectly influencing the course of this match. Papa Voodoo has had to look over his shoulder the entire time, allowing DeColt to take the reigns and run things the way he wants. This leads to the inevitable, as Rick Rumble makes a move to threaten Voodoo in the ring, he jumps out of the way and right into the way of a DeColt 45, which results in the pin that leaves both DeColt & Rumble smiling in the ring. Voodoo lay motionless on the canvas as the two men shake hands over his fallen body. What will happen next week on Sunday Slamfest? Tune in to find out!

Final Grade: B

http://i.imgur.com/Wkyy68f.jpg

TOO MUCH MAYHEM?

Apparently someone who thrives on causing mayhem is just as prone to folding in the face of it.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has learned that Mayhem Midden has asked Richard Eisen for a couple days off, including this week's episode of Sunday Slamfest. Midden did not go public with his reasoning but the assumption is that he isn't quite ready for the push that the SWF is giving him and he is feeling a large amount of stress as of a result of it.

High expectations can be the tipping point for a lot of people, usually it's the key factor in leading people to failure. Whether Midden is sick, stressed, tired, or just plain worried that he won't live up to his booker's expectations, the fact of the matter is that if he's not ready for the push he's being given, it is better to invest the time into other prospects rather than giving this young man too much nursing in order to make him feel okay about his push.

If Midden wants his time off, it's more fair to say: "Give my push to someone else, I'm not ready yet". But nobody ever does that. Nobody is stupid enough to say that they don't want a championship belt and national exposure. Midden's reasoning will eventually get out (as it always does) and we'll truly find out what he's made of when the company decides that there is no more time for time off, and that it's time to put up or shut up.

Our Pro Wrestling Illustrated prediction contest for Sunday Slamfest is also in, and our lucky winner (or winners) this week are: Uncrewed, CQI13 & 3rdStringPG

SWF Sunday Slamfest, Episode #100

Main Event for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship

Rip Chord © vs Chief Two Eagles

Marcus McKing vs Powerhouse Patterson

Johnny Boy Tucker vs Percy Devine

The Blazin' Flames vs Mark Krogan & Drake McWade

Archived