What to do with an UNHAPPY player?

For a start, I have really enjoyed playing this FBCB game even I have added more teams.

When I let the first season go without having a team to manage then I added myself as head coach a couple weeks before the season ended, so once the season ended, I find vacancies in the job section and saw myself offered by Western Maine.

So, I accepted the job and struggled in the first few weeks of the second season but can't help noticing a player is unhappy.

I gave him more playing time but still unhappy.

So , question is.... how and what can I do with this damn player?

I have thought of putting him up for transfer at end of season but how?

I just can't have an unhappy player being unhappy in the whole season even though I don't know why is he unhappy as I can't find the reasons in his profile via Rosters.

Allow me to answer and counter with a question of my own.

In my personal experience, the only thing you can do to happy up a player is give him more playing time. Which I am usually loath to do because I go by the assistant's judgment of the depth chart. So the vast majority of the guys who get unhappy for me are scrubs who can't c if I mayontribute anyway.

Oh and as far as guys going on transfer, you can't put them there that I can see. That's a decision they have to make for themselves.

But now the question if I may. What mod are you using that gives you the option of coaching at Western Maine? I know there has to be a mod because I grew up in Maine and have never heard of that school. The schools of any athletic note in Maine would be U Maine which is in the default database. And then you'd have Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin Colleges all of which are like D2 or 3. But then I know that much about them because I lived close to Bowdoin and went to a couple of their games. There was also a University of Southern Maine in South Portland but I can't remember them having athletics. The only time I was on their campus was for planetarium shows.

For a start, I have really enjoyed playing this FBCB game even I have added more teams.

When I let the first season go without having a team to manage then I added myself as head coach a couple weeks before the season ended, so once the season ended, I find vacancies in the job section and saw myself offered by Western Maine.

So, I accepted the job and struggled in the first few weeks of the second season but can't help noticing a player is unhappy.

I gave him more playing time but still unhappy.

So , question is.... how and what can I do with this damn player?

I have thought of putting him up for transfer at end of season but how?

I just can't have an unhappy player being unhappy in the whole season even though I don't know why is he unhappy as I can't find the reasons in his profile via Rosters.

Unhappiness happens in 2 scenarions.

A) they cant cut it and are buried at the bottom of the depth chart.

B) you have too much talent at a given position and theres no available playing time for them.

Rule of thumb at lower prestige schools is to let the red rated players transfer out and try to maintain as much roster balance as you can. At higher Prestige schools, be cognizant of how much depth you have at the position. if you are already deep enough at a position, getting a 4-3 star player may be better than going for an elite talent because you have no minutes to give themand lower rated players are less likely to complain and bitch about playing time

<p>Many thanks to Raven Darkheart and cappyboy for taking time out to answer my question.</p><p> </p><p>

Will have to give more player time to the unhappy player and wait 'til the season ends to see what he will do.... either stay or buzz off to other colleges..</p><p> </p><p>

As for the mod question... it really is my imagination as I thought it would be nice to have lots of Norths, Souths, Wests and Easts of the states around the USA as well as Centrals as I see there is North and South Dakota, Northern Illinois as well as Southern Illinois and of course, I see a Central, East and West Michigan in MAC and of course, Central Florida, so thought why not have it on other states, so why not with Western Maine... for fun's sake !!! as i also have Eastern, Southern and Northern Maine !!!!, even with N, S, W and E Pennsylvania !!!</p><p> </p><p>

I know there is no state called East Carolina but there is as a team, but there are states of North and South Carolina and have teams that carry the same aforementioned names.</p><p> </p><p>

I know it is silly but someone on this Greydog forum saying the best thing for the game as it is really customizable so at the moment, I have in it ... 630 teams !!!! in around 30something conferences.</p><p> </p><p>

I think someone on this forum made a mod for the college basketball containing 1000+ teams.</p>

Glad I could help. And I hear you about the mod. Sometimes you just gotta goof around and have fun. I know I was confused the first time I heard of certain schools. East Carolina. Nichols State. Murray State. Wright State. Weber State. I often find myself looking up where schools as geographically cryptic as that are while playing.

Archived