Canadian Expansion Mod

Since WMMA 1 I've tried to run a created Canadian company in the game and it mostly ends up getting filled with Americans and other foreigners and hardly any actual Canadian fighters since they suck (which makes sense based on the era the game is set in, in RL but the c-verse isn't RL).

I was hoping for an injection of talent in the North with the release of WMMA 4 and while the few that were added is appreciated, it's not really feasible to run a legit promotion in Canada.

Never made a mod before I decided to try my hand at this.

I created a company at LLN so the fighters can be exclusive signed to save from poaching off the start.

Weight divisions are SHW - LW. The plan is to create 10 roster fighters per division then the ones from the actual c-verse can be signed on top. So far I've got the SHW, HW, and LHW's done and have the ground work laid for the rest. I have to give a hat tip to the guys who made the mods I used to play in older versions of the game, it's time consuming for sure but I think the end result will be worth the time investment.

The original plan was to just use this mod myself but I might upload it if people want to try it or whatever. I was wondering though, since I'm using renders that were posted here for download in the mod section - is that standard practice or am I expected to make 60+ unique ones myself :S?

I was wondering though, since I'm using renders that were posted here for download in the mod section - is that standard practice or am I expected to make 60+ unique ones myself :S?

As long as you get permission from the people who created the renders (or if they've given a blanket "free to use" statement) you should be fine.

Guest Asaemon
The original plan was to just use this mod myself but I might upload it if people want to try it or whatever. I was wondering though, since I'm using renders that were posted here for download in the mod section - is that standard practice or am I expected to make 60+ unique ones myself :S?

Just ask the renderer for permission. It would also be great if you try to avoid using renders are already used in other mods/expansions/packs. A lot of members merges all fighters into one large database and it takes some work to find and exchange renders thats already used.

Just ask the renderer for permission. It would also be great if you try to avoid using renders are already used in other mods/expansions/packs. A lot of members merges all fighters into one large database and it takes some work to find and exchange renders thats already used.

That would be ideal, although I have no idea what everyone else is using. So far I'd say 90% of the 60ish fighters I've added, the renders are from IER's Mega Dump and a handful of hecatomb's additional renders the he posted.

Not sure if CVE is using those or whatever. I'm willing to swap some out if needed, although a lot of them I used the render to make a unique bio for them. I'm quite flexible though and don't want to step on people's toes. I've never made a mod before and don't even know if I'm doing it right, lol.

Guest Asaemon
That would be ideal, although I have no idea what everyone else is using. So far I'd say 90% of the 60ish fighters I've added, the renders are from IER's Mega Dump and a handful of hecatomb's additional renders the he posted.

Not sure if CVE is using those or whatever. I'm willing to swap some out if needed, although a lot of them I used the render to make a unique bio for them. I'm quite flexible though and don't want to step on people's toes. I've never made a mod before and don't even know if I'm doing it right, lol.

I think that IER:s renders have been used in several mods/expansions, except the newest ones he has made. We used quite a lot of them in the CVE for WMMA3. Some could have been included in Eyeballs or Hawks mods too, there are so many renders so its difficult to remember. Some of the smaller renders are in the new flyweight and lower weightclasses expansion.

I've decided to charge ahead with this mod regardless of render lap issues with CVE, it will simply be a stand-alone mod.

Got the green light from IER to use his renders

~14 more fighters to finish (4 WW, 10 LW)

Teams to add and affiliations

Narratives

Past event results/fight histories/momentum to assign

Belt lineages

Further balance testing

I may add some more fighters as well.

Archived