Seeking Advice For An Exclusive Contract Strategy

Recently, playing as the AAA, I've run into a certain situation with the QAW that I'd like some advice on.

The year is 2021 and I've been involved in a regional battle with the aforementioned company since almost day one. In terms of company positioning, I occupy the 24th spot while they occupy the 25th and I've always managed to maintain this slight advantage over them. Recently, however, they've started offering exclusive contracts to some of my top tier talent (an upper-midcarder and main eventer, respectively) and I was wondering if I should turn the tables on them and return the favour by offering long term exclusive contracts to all the workers on my roster (those that I share with them and those that I don't) and dry up the well of all the best female talent available in our area before they make even more aggressive moves. They rarely run a bad show and locking down the top stars on both rosters could, of course, bury them once and for all.

My question is this: Is this a wise strategy? Are there any unforeseen ramifications that I can expect if I adopt this plan of attack? On the face of it, with the female talent pool being so much smaller than the male contingent, it seems like both an affordable and fairly low risk kind of thing to do but I just get the feeling that there's something I haven't considered.

Thanks in advance for anybody who can offer any advice on this.

Foxcutter.

Basically, EPPA's are bad, because they're not actually given any priority over PPAs. At least from my experience. Counter their offers by signing your own guys to EPPAs.

Your best bet would be a working agreement to stop them from signing your guys to exclusive deals. After that, renegotiate those deals you signed above to regular PPAs so they can't be stolen by other small companies.

Basically, EPPA's are bad, because they're not actually given any priority over PPAs. At least from my experience. Counter their offers by signing your own guys to EPPAs.

Your best bet would be a working agreement to stop them from signing your guys to exclusive deals. After that, renegotiate those deals you signed above to regular PPAs so they can't be stolen by other small companies.

Yeah, the problem is that both owners hate each other. A working agreement isn't going to happen.

As for signing my "own guys to EPPAs", that's exactly the plan of attack that I was asking for advice on (sorry, I wasn't as clear as I could've been in putting that up on the screen earlier this morning).

See, because both companies share the best female workers in the US (i. e. the wrestlers that are stars in my company are the exact same wrestlers that are the stars in theirs) I was wondering if, by locking up my own workers to long-term exclusive PPAs, I would be effectively starving the QAW out of business? For example, if I sign Sara Marie York, Melody Cuthill, Nadia Snow, etc., etc., to individual EPPAs, would it work the way I'm intending/imagining it to? Would those workers agree to work only for me and leave the QAW high and dry? With the game being so evenhanded in its game mechanics, I'm wondering if this is a plan I can actually get away with or if there is going to be some heavy blowback that I'm going to get hit with that I haven't been able to foresee?

If anybody has tried this, or has any insight into whether this idea could actually work, I'd love to know before going ahead with it.

As always, thanks in advance.

Yes, they would leave QAW and work exclusively for your company - until another company offers them a PPA. Then, they'd leave your company to sign the non-exclusive deal.

Sign them to EPPAs, have them leave QAW, then re-sign them to regular PPAs. If anyone offers them an EPPA deal after that, outbid them.

Yes, they would leave QAW and work exclusively for your company - until another company offers them a PPA. Then, they'd leave your company to sign the non-exclusive deal.

Sign them to EPPAs, have them leave QAW, then re-sign them to regular PPAs. If anyone offers them an EPPA deal after that, outbid them.

Thank you for your help and insight (especially that excellent little bit of re-signing mastermindedness that you tacked on to the end just there). It is very much appreciated.

They started this war and, by God, I'm going to finish it. Finally, Operation: Scorched Earth can commence!

(Seriously, though. Thanks for the help).

Thank you for your help and insight (especially that excellent little bit of re-signing mastermindedness that you tacked on to the end just there). It is very much appreciated.

They started this war and, by God, I'm going to finish it. Finally, Operation: Scorched Earth can commence!

(Seriously, though. Thanks for the help).

I'd say keep your guys on normal PPA's, but raid their roster with exclusive PPA's.

Recently, playing as the AAA, I've run into a certain situation with the QAW that I'd like some advice on.

The year is 2021 and I've been involved in a regional battle with the aforementioned company since almost day one. In terms of company positioning, I occupy the 24th spot while they occupy the 25th and I've always managed to maintain this slight advantage over them. Recently, however, they've started offering exclusive contracts to some of my top tier talent (an upper-midcarder and main eventer, respectively) and I was wondering if I should turn the tables on them and return the favour by offering long term exclusive contracts to all the workers on my roster (those that I share with them and those that I don't) and dry up the well of all the best female talent available in our area before they make even more aggressive moves. They rarely run a bad show and locking down the top stars on both rosters could, of course, bury them once and for all.

My question is this: Is this a wise strategy? Are there any unforeseen ramifications that I can expect if I adopt this plan of attack? On the face of it, with the female talent pool being so much smaller than the male contingent, it seems like both an affordable and fairly low risk kind of thing to do but I just get the feeling that there's something I haven't considered.

Thanks in advance for anybody who can offer any advice on this.

Foxcutter.

I've been messing with this some as well. And the important item is the downside. You have to pay like it's a written contract. So, if you're not making money, then it's hard to do many of them.

I'm only in the middle of experimenting, but with an exclusive PPA I did manage to sign a guy away from a company offering a written contract. but I had to over pay pretty significantly.

They are definitely more high maintenance. You can get it to a point where people will stop offering the regular PPA deals. The biggest problem is Japan touring contracts.

I love letting my young guys go work in Japan. So, I usually only offer up the Exclusives when they're focal points. Like my main eventers or my being pushed upper mids.

I'd say keep your guys on normal PPA's, but raid their roster with exclusive PPA's.

Well, there are going to be some that I'm going to have to do that with (mostly with some of the foreign stars who I share with other companies) but that's definitely another plan of attack to consider. My original thinking was for offering exclusive, long term, PPAs because, for some reason, the ones that I currently have on the books (I think I have three of them, at present) have never been offered a job anywhere else whereas, with a normal PPA, there's a six month "signing ban" in which a worker will not re-up their contact with an employer after leaving them. In other words, if I loose a worker to pillaging (which the other company will attempt on one of my unprotected PPAs after I steal one of theirs), I won't be able to resign them until that six month moratorium passes. It might just be sheer luck that I've never had an offer made on one of my workers on an exclusive, long term, PPA but that was my reasoning for thinking this was the best way to go. The EPPA is protected from sniping whereas the normal PPA is not. It sounds like this might be a faulty strategy on my part, though.

I've been messing with this some as well. And the important item is the downside. You have to pay like it's a written contract. So, if you're not making money, then it's hard to do many of them.

I'm only in the middle of experimenting, but with an exclusive PPA I did manage to sign a guy away from a company offering a written contract. but I had to over pay pretty significantly.

They are definitely more high maintenance. You can get it to a point where people will stop offering the regular PPA deals. The biggest problem is Japan touring contracts.

I love letting my young guys go work in Japan. So, I usually only offer up the Exclusives when they're focal points. Like my main eventers or my being pushed upper mids.

I will definitely fiddle around with that, then. If I do have to overpay then I'll stick with top tier talent only. Thanks for that, though. Offering a written contract is not something I would've considered possible at my level.

As for Japan, I'm on working agreements with both Japanese women's companies (5SWW and Winnow) so I don't foresee a problem. I maybe have, like, 4 Japanese stars currently working for me and only one of them (Fuyuko Higa) is shared with 5SWW. She's excellent but has never been able to get over on this side of the Pacific so I don't plan on offering her an EPAA or written deal. She's midcard (and a trouble-maker) so can be sacrificed, if need be.

Foxcutter, you say the owners hate each other, but playing as USPW I went into a trading alliance with both of them. Maybe the hatred doesn't run so deep that they are unwilling to be in an alliance together.

Maybe a working agreement (or an alliance) with USPW and NOTBPW might be beneficial.

Foxcutter, you say the owners hate each other, but playing as USPW I went into a trading alliance with both of them. Maybe the hatred doesn't run so deep that they are unwilling to be in an alliance together.

Maybe a working agreement (or an alliance) with USPW and NOTBPW might be beneficial.

Actually, I do have agreements with both NOTBPW and USPW (as well as with several others) and trade fairly regularly. The one that I don't think is overcomeable is the one with QAW (the company that is currently raiding my roster) and the one with whom I'm in direct competition with.

Archived