Operation: World Wrestling Federation

Operation: World Wrestling Federation

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/WWF_Logo_zps17ffc4d6.png

PWInsider.com, March 8th, 2014

Vincent Kennedy McMahon on "Creative in Wrestling"

"I've heard a fair amount of complaining about my role in creative. What I'd like to tell you is that I inserted myself as head of creative for a reason. During Hulkamania, Creative had complete control over the product. Remember when in '91, Jim Duggan allied himself with Sargent Slaughter and started carrying an IRAQI Flag? The Barbarian won the WWF Champions? You smarks and geeks may think that the creative team is great for sports entertainment, let me tell you, give creative an inch of leash, and they'll hang your company from the back porch."

Vince drifted into somewhat of a haze after this comment. I broached the question.
"So, Vince, the somewhat poor decisions made in early 1991, you had little oversight?"
Vince thought for a minute, then continued.
"There was a certain man who made many of those decisions. Now, I made some great chicken salad out of his chicken **** in '92, but the man, who got his start as a WWE Magazine editor in the company, sold Creative on "shock entertainment", lots of guys turning. I fired him in 1991, and no one, not even dirt sheets, knew at the time his importance in creative. He proved persistent, and later in the decade, he made his way to Turner's product, and managed to turn that ship around. He worked with our old B-Show Announcer, a Mr.. what was it? Biscuit-Dough-Hands?...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diary Information

What is Operation World World Wrestling Federation?

Operation: World Wrestling Federation is a multiplayer diary run in the same universe as Operation: World Championship Wrestling. The new champions, (many) turns and previous three months have been AI-Booked, with the player assuming control in March, similar to Anderz' recent Diary: JCP: A Race to the Top.

What presentation will be present?

I plan to let words do the talking. Pictures will be present on (angles only) on the A-Show, never on the (two) B-Shows and (matches and angles) on PPV

What rules and/or guidelines do you run by?

I want to book the WWF as it was in '91, and not as a modern company. There will be four PPVs (Royal Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series and 'Mania). There will be no King of The Ring Untelevised Event -- rather, it will be a television tournament. Also, there will be no This Tuesday In Texas.

TL;DR: We're using the 1990 format.

Can I predict things and WIN?

Yes, Jimmy, Yes You Can. Prediction Contest covers the A-Show (Superstars) and the Pay Per Views. I've currently played through the first episode of Superstars on Vince's watch, and plan to have it up within the week.

Titles/etc

CHAMPIONS

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/WWF_Heavyweight_zps5aj5rxsg.png

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/WWF_Intercontinental_zpsvsj2nwd3.png

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/WWF_WorldTag_zpserscbrgl.png

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

kotr.gif

June

*King of The Ring was not held in 1990

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/ppv/ppv/img/logo-rr89-95.jpg

January

1991: The Undertaker

Prediction Contest Lowdown:

Current Contest Runs Through Summerslam '91

Winner Chooses One Worker to Turn Heel/Face

Runner Up Gets to Book One (4 vs. 4) Match at the Survivor Series

Starting Roster

Starting Roster Overview

Main Event (Faces)

Earthquake

Hulk Hogan

Jake Roberts

Jimmy Snuka

The Ultimate Warrior

Main Event (Heels)

Mr. Perfect

Randy Savage

The Million Dollar Man

Sgt. Slaughter

The Undertaker,
#1 Contender

Upper Midcard (Faces)

Big Bossman,
Intercontinental Champion

Jim “The Anvil” Niedhart

Rick “The Model” Martel

Tugboat

The Texas Tornado

Upper Midcard (Heels)

Haku

Jerry Sags,
One Half of the Tag Team Champions

The British Bulldog

The Barbarian,
World Champion

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

Midcard (Faces)

Bret “The Hitman” Hart

Dino Bravo

Hercules

Marty Jannetty

Nikolai Volkoff

Smash

Virgil

Midcard (Heels)

Brian Knobbs,
Other Half of the Tag Team Champions

Crush

The Mountie

Paul Roma

Shawn Michaels

The Warlord

Tanaka

Lower Midcard (Faces)

Bushwhacker Bush

Bushwhacker Luke

Koko B. Ware

Jim Powers

Lower Midcard (Heels)

Boris Zhukov

Kato

Mike Sharpe

Openers/Enhancement (Faces)

Al Burke

Brian Costello

Sam Houston

Openers/Enhancement (Heels)

Bob Bradley

The Brooklyn Brawler

Barry Hardy

Duane Gil

Teams

The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags)

The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart)

The Orient Express (Kato & Tanaka)

The Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Butch & Bushwhacker Luke)

The Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon)

Staff

Gorilla Monsoon (Announcer)

Vince McMahon (Announcer)

Pat Tunney (Authority Figure)

Bobby Hennan (Color Commentator)

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (Color Commentator)

Managers

Paul Bearer (Manages The Undertaker)

Bobby Hennan (Manages Haku & The Barbarian and Mr. Perfect)

Brother Love (Manages Sgt. Slaughter)

Jimmy Hart (Manages The Nasty Boys

Mr. Fuji (Manages Demolition Crush)

Sensational Sherri (Manages Randy Savage)

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091005143812/prowrestling/images/4/4c/WWF_Superstars_of_Wrestling_Logo.jpg

Week 1 Preview

Tonight, Week 1 Thursday, Live From The Tri-State Area, we have a whopper of wrestling action for the loyal WWF fans! Former WWF Champion The Ultimate Warrior will face off against Royal Rumble Winner The Undertaker with The Undertakers' Championship Match at 'Mania on the Line! Sargent Slaughter will renew his rivalry with Jake "The Snake" Roberts in our main event! Will Slaughter maintain his current dominance of the WWF Roster? Plus, who will try to break the British Bulldog's Canterbury Cloverleaf hold this week?

Prediction Card

Koko B. Ware & Brian Costello vs. The Orient Express

Bret Hart vs. Mike Sharpe

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

Jim Neidhart vs. Shawn Michaels

Haku vs. The Texas Tornado

The British Bulldog vs. ???

The Ultimate Warrior vs. The Undertaker (#1 Contenders Match)

The Main Event

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Sargent Slaughter

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

The Main Event

Whoever doubts Barbarian needs to eat a Yakuza Kick to the face. Barbarian is criminally underrated.

I've recently developed quite a fondness of Pat and Diamond.

LOL

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

I almost picked Typhoon since he's a monster, but Mountie is another underrated worker with a silly gimmick. Could easily be turned around though.

Michaels should start building towards the main event.

I love Kerry, but Haku

It would be much of a challenge if it gets broken already.

Undertaker shouldn't lose to Warrior ever

The Main Event

Slaughter rules!

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

The Main Event

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

The Main Event

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

The Main Event

The Mountie vs. Typhoon

The Main Event

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091005143812/prowrestling/images/4/4c/WWF_Superstars_of_Wrestling_Logo.jpg

WWF Superstars of Wrstling

Week 1, January

Live From New England

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Warrior_zps9679f2d9.pnghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Bearer_zps286ddd75.png

The Ultimate Warrior is in the funeral parlor with Paul Bearer.

The Ultimate Warrior:
BEARER! It has been mere mortal seconds since you cheated to CAPTURE the ROYAL RUMBLE and a shot at the UNIVERSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! But AS THE ELDER GODS BEFORE ME I intend to put TRUTH ahead of UNTRUTH, so I humbly request you GRANT me a CHANCE to RIGHT THE WRONGS in MORTAL COMBAT!

Paul Bearer:
Oh! Warrior! In the depths and bowels of the ring, The Undertaker will be waiting for you, and if you win, you can reap the reward won by the Rightful Heir of PARTS UNKNOWN: A Title Shot at Wrestlemania.

Paul Bearer wheels the casket to the back. Warrior cuts a promo on The Undertaker.

The Ultimate Warrior:
UNDERTAKER! Tonight, ON LIVE TELEVISION, I will capture my rightful place, AS THE WARLORD CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE, and the sole ruler of PARTS UNKNOWN!

Vince's Take:
This is how Warrior earned his shot in the first place. The Man has a body of steel and can cut a mean promo, the second best on this show. He could sell a man bottled air if he was smart enough to come up with the idea first. It's difficult to talk about the dearly departed, but Bearer was gold in this segment, and is one of the best managers I ever had. Even then, you can see the chemistry with 'Taker.

Match 1

In an extremely short match, The Orient Express d. Koko B. Ware & Brian Costello when Tanaka pinned Koko B. Ware with a rolling wheel kick.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Bulldog_zps57a1f9e6.png

The British Bulldog enters the ring. He picks up a microphone

The British Bulldog:
Tonight, I will teach those that smite her majesty and laugh at her great empire, the meaning of respect! I challenge any individual to break out of my Canterbury Cloverleaf, the invention of the Queen’s loyal royal guardsmen who watch over the Tower of London! And like those imprisoned in the castle, there is no escape once you’re locked into the Cloverleaf.

Vince's Take: I never gave Bulldog a title. It wasn't my idea to turn the guy, sure, but he sure as heck didn't do himself any favors at all, man could not cut a promo to save his life. That is the beginning and end in Sports Entertainment. That is why he got the "Canterbury Cloverleaf Challenge" schtick, he could tie guys in knots as few could in the industry.

Match 2

In an extremely short match, Bret Hart defeated Mike Sharpe by Submission with a Sharpshooter.

Match 3

The Mountie vs. Tugboat
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Mountie defeated Tugboat by Submission with the Quebec Crab.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Snake_zps1d1af118.pnghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Gene_zps5d163511.png

Jake Roberts is backstage with Mean Gene, giving thoughts on his opponent tonight, Sgt. Slaughter.

Jake Roberts:
Understand Slaughter that when a man turns his back on his heritage, he turns his back on his soul, for he has betrayed the people that once made him great. Slaughter, you do not scare me, you do not elicit a quiver with your obscene acts, you are not a general, but a mere lowly jester, only good for a cheap laugh.

Vince's Take: Jake finished every promo with boring fluff, psychological games, boring stuff. I wonder if, knowing there is no room in Sports Entertainment for a man of his own imaginary intellectual capacity, is why he turned out like he did. I had no patience for the guy, backstage or on stage, and without the DDT, he was nothing but a bum off the street.

Match 4

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Shawn Michaels defeated Jim Neidhart by Pinfall after hitting the Sweet Chin Music.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Hogan_zps6954f241.pnghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Gene_zps5d163511.png

“Real American” plays as Hulk Hogan makes his way to the ring. He is accompanied by Mene Gene, who conducts an in-ring interview with the Hulkster on his Wrestlemania opponent, Mr. Perfect.

Hulk Hogan:
Well you know somethin’ MEAN GENE, Mr. Perfect may be too cowardly to come face me in the ring, face-to-face with HULKAMANIA, because he’s too scared of the 24-and-a-half inch pythons. Well, Mr. Perfect, let me tell you somethin’, when the clock strikes noon at Wrestlemania, there is no avoiding the BIG LEG, Brother –

Sgt. Slaughter’s music plays, and Hulk bolts for the exits, leaving a vulnerable, scared and shocked Mene Gene Okerland alone in the ring.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Slaughter_zps8fd69919.pnghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Gene_zps5d163511.png

Slaughter:
MEAN GENE. Stand at attention, you YANKEE COWARD. You have yet to ask my thoughts on that SQUIRMING WORM Jake THE FAKE Roberts.

Gene Okerland:
Sarge, I refuse to give an interview to a traitor and a coward such as yourself! I’m a professional!

Slaughter pushes Gene Okerland, and takes his microphone.

Slaughter:
TONIGHT, Jake the FAKE, I have an IMPORTANT MESSAGE. I’m GOING TO BEAT you until you are nothing but your OWN WASTE, when I put THE SQUIRMING WORM JAKE THE FAKE SIX FEET UNDER.

Slaughter exits. Mene Gene takes a minute to compose himself before leaving the ring.

Vince's Take: WWF has received a lot of Criticism for Sgt. Slaughter's character and push. Some have called him a "campy heel". Yes, I realized the gimmick had shelf life, but he could cut a great promo. His promo here was by far the best on the show, and he got automatic heat. As I like to say often, Sarge was best for business.

As for Hulk, he was the prototype wrestler for sports entertainment: A terrific promo who had the elusive star quality to carry a promotion. In ring, he was passable enough to work but not good enough to be of use to a work-rate heavy promotion. Turner couldn't take him to WCW and expect Hulk to star overnight.

Match 5

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Haku defeated The Texas Tornado by Submission with the Asian Spike

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Bulldog_zps57a1f9e6.pnghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/WWF_Countdown/Model_zpsd1835a6d.png

The British Bulldog is in the ring. Rick “The Model” Martel joins him.

Martel:
Bulldog, as a honorary French Man, where I spend my summer furlough, I do not believe your British Empire and British Hold can contain a man as eloquent as myself.I accept your pithy challenge.

Vince's Take: This is just more of the same from Bulldog, another lackluster performance. Take a close look at Martel, he's clearly off as a face. Yes, he played one in Strike Force, but that Rick Martel was long dead by 1991. The Martel Turn was the last straw, the one action that broke the camels' back, and demanding action against those chumps in Creative.

Match 6

The British Bulldog vs. Rick “The Model” Martel

In a match with some good action and average heat, The British Bulldog defeated Rick Martel by submission with the Canterbury Cloverleaf

Match 7

The Ultimate Warrior vs. The Undertaker

In a match that had great heat and great wrestling action, The Undertaker defeated The Ultimate Warrior with a Tombstone Piledriver after Paul Bearer hit The Ultimate Warrior with an Urn.

The Main Event

Jake Roberts vs. Sargent Slaughter

In a match that had great heat and great wrestling action, Sargent Slaughter defeated Jake Roberts by Submission with The Cobra Clutch after kicking Roberts in the shins with a spike-tipped Wrestling Boot.

Overall Show Rating: B

Conclusion:

It was clear after this that Sarge wasn't going to around much longer. His body was giving out on him and he wasn't able to wrestler up to our standards. We needed to bring in a wrestler he could get over, and I'd sent Pat to Japan to find Sarge a suitable younger, hip, sidekick.

If he won the World Title with his Charisma, Warrior's inability to perform was why he dropped the title. The man didn't have the cardio to stay in the ring twelve minutes, and looked completely lost, like a deer in headlights, here against 'Taker. When we first hired Warrior, I liked the guy. Real man's man. But I learned he was the true coward, and a crybaby, as the year went on.

I have to admit, Bulldog and Martel put on a decent bout, with solid, exciting wrestling, and Bulldog came out of that looking like a star. But as I told him after the show, exciting wrestling doesn't cut it in Sports Entertainment. You have to cut a good promo to go anywhere, and here, you can see why Bulldog never went anywhere.

Week 2 Preview

The "Hot Scot" has returned! Rowdy Roddy Piper, alarmed by recent activities of one Sargent Slaughter, is returning to the ring, and he is issuing an open challenge to any heel on the roster to face him in his specialty, a straight Boxing match, in the Main Event! The Hennan Family takes on Hulkamania and The Hart Foundation in a Rare Survivor Series Match, in which Hogan and Perfect come to blows for the first time! Plus, The Undertaker is up against TWO monsters, Earthquake and Typhoon! Can he overcome over 500 pounds of pure strength? Find out on Superstars!

Prediction Card

The Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Luke & Bushwhacker Butch) vs. The Orient Express (Kato & Tanaka)

The Mountie vs. Sam Houston

Sargent Slaughter vs. The Texas Tornado

Demolition Smash vs. Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker vs. The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon)

Survivor Series: The Hennan Family (Mr. Perfect, Haku & The Barbarian) vs. Hulk Hogan & The Hart Foundation

The Main Event

Roddy Piper vs. ???

WEEK 1 WRAP UP

Week 1: B-Shows

ALL-AMERICAN WRESTLING Week 1 Results

Match 1: Shawn Michaels defeated Sam Houston

Match 2: The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon) defeated The Executioners (Barry Hardy & Duane Gill)

Match 3: Rick Martel & The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) defeated The British Bulldog and The Liverpool Lads (Robbie Brookside & Doc Dean)

Match 4: The Barbarian defeated The Texas Tornado

Notable Moments: Bobby Hennan hyped The Barbarian's Match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, The Liverpool Lads made both their WWF and Stateside Debut

Prediction Contest Standings:

Jaysin: 8/8

Satyr24: 7/8

Beejus: 6/8

Midnightnick: 6/8

Packerman120: 5/8

CBHBK: 5/8

The Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Luke & Bushwhacker Butch) vs. The Orient Express (Kato & Tanaka)

Survivor Series: The Hennan Family (Mr. Perfect, Haku & The Barbarian) vs. Hulk Hogan & The Hart Foundation

Roddy Piper vs. ???

Prediction Card

The Main Event

Roddy Piper vs. ???

The Main Event

Roddy Piper vs. ???

The Main Event

Roddy Piper vs. ???

The Main Event

Roddy Piper vs. ???

The Main Event

Roddy Piper vs. ???

Archived